• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Bryan hadn't gotten hurt, nothing would really be different. He almost assuredly would just dropped the belt to Lesnar anyways. I'd like to think we would have gotten some Bryan/Rollins matches going though.

jmdajr

It struck me today where WWE and Vince have gone wrong in a lot of ways.

Hardcore fans don't trust Vince to make the right choice for them anymore. So when it becomes obvious that someone is a Vince pick, they have to prove they are worth caring about as much as the people the fans like.

Not that it's always the case but it makes sense to me.

Austin even said it in his podcasts over the past few days. Until you've "paid your dues" to the fans in a sense, it's hard to make it work as a top act.

To be a face of the company you really have to pay you dues. They never just hand that out to you but it sure seems that is what is happening. Really if you want to get there faster, heel is pretty much the fasted way. But face? nope.

Hogan paid his dues before his WWE days, and the likes of Warrior and Cena were at least some kind of champion. I guess you can argue Reigns paid some dues as a HEEL but not the likes of HBK, Austin, Rock, Angel, Jericho, etc etc etc etc etc etc.

I guess Del Rio got there fast, as did Sheamus. But again they were heels.

I love this idea that not liking something and wanting things makes someone entitled.

In general entitled has lost all his meaning in these boards.

Austin's fans didn't boo everyone but Austin

Rock's fans didn't boo everyone but Rock

Pay your boos dues or don't complain when you singing the blues

Sephzilla

If Bryan never got hurt there probably wouldn't be as much of an issue with Roman/creative right now from a fan's point of view. Bryan would have had a solid run from Mania until SummerSlam and then dropped the belt to Lesnar.

Austin's fans didn't boo everyone but Austin

Rock's fans didn't boo everyone but Rock

Pay your boos dues or don't complain when you singing the blues

Austin never got eliminated from a Royal Rumble in the first half of the show just to make someone else look tougher later on.

Heel

All I'll say is this:

You want Daniel Bryan to have a main event spot on a live show?

Well he's got one. Tonight. He'll be facing Kane in a Casket Match.

Now we'll all see just how good he really is.

Tonight is our Wrestlemania.

Just to summarize, The Yes Movement should be okay with Daniel Bryan losing to Kane in a Casket Match tonight. It's about the performance, and where the story will take us.

#BigFightFeel

None of these guys got injured (along with leaving for weeks due to family issues and getting married) when they first were given the ball. That's what Daniel-stand don't get it.

So you think Daniel working the day of his father's death would've made him a better worker in Vince's eyes? Bryan had zero idea he would end up being in the main event of Wrestlemania. And that shit was only like 2 weeks it wasn't like the dude was gone for a month.

bean breath I'm sure you'd be the first to agree that the reason fans support Bryan so vehemently is because he has a great work rate, gets respectable pops, and displays an amazing mastery of ring psychology.

Linkified

Ziggler/Bryan sounds like a pretty fun match, which a lot of people will hate for not being Bryan/Lesnar, despite the fact I can't imagine Bryan/Lesnar would be a better match.

Ziggler/Bryan we have seen before ... a lot. Bryan/Lesnar was the basic David/Goliath type match something new ... something classic.

I love it how people think Roman Reigns will go heel at WM. If he is the new golden child, he will not be turning heel - the opposite #Face4Life.

Vylash

All I'll say is this:

You want Daniel Bryan to have a main event spot on a live show?

Well he's got one. Tonight. He'll be facing Kane in a Casket Match.

Now we'll all see just how good he really is.

Tonight is our Wrestlemania.

friend bean breath, I expect The Authority to try and pull some of their typical underhanded shenanigans during the match, do you think they might bring in "The Vigilante" Sting to boost ratings? or is Reigns gonna cock his fist and make it Reign in this bitch?

Ithil

None of these guys got injured (along with leaving for weeks due to family issues and getting married) when they first were given the ball. That's what Daniel-stand don't get it.

Austin was already injured when he was given the ball. Said injury led to him taking year off in 2000, and his early retirement in 2003.

Not a good example.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta admit, these look awesome.
DX7FCVn.png

Yixt2hR.png

Kaladin

Let's look at it this way, we're in good times right now.

Every week on WWE television we can enjoy watching Bryan Danielson, Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, Claudio Castignoli, El Generico, Kevin Steen, PAC, KENTA, Prince Devitt and others.

We have more reasons to watch WWE TV than we've had at one time in the past decade.

Embrace it friends. We no longer have to spend $10 - $20 or more per show to watch some of our favorite wrestlers with sub par production quality.

Sephzilla

Ziggler/Bryan we have seen before ... a lot. Bryan/Lesnar was the basic David/Goliath type match something new ... something classic.

I love it how people think Roman Reigns will go heel at WM. If he is the new golden child, he will not be turning heel - the opposite #Face4Life.

On top of that, Roman/Brock in terms of match style is probably going to be the same thing we get out of Cena/Rusev.

Brock vs Bryan or even Brock vs Ziggler would put on much better matches.

Just to summarize, The Yes Movement should be okay with Daniel Bryan losing to Kane in a Casket Match tonight. It's about the performance, and where the story will take us.

#BigFightFeel
They would rather have Bryan lose than to have Reigns help him win and leach off his spotlight.

Even though he desperately needs that W.

jmdajr

Random facts

Debuts are counted as the first match with the WWWF/WWF/WWE except for special circumstances (Vince McMahon's debut at St. Valentine's Day Massacre for example). Some debut dates are up for interpretation, for example Ric Flair wrestled for the WWWF prior to his run in the NWA, but WWE regards his appearance in 1992 as his actual debut.

Here are some statistics regarding this analysis.

Average Length Between Debut and Champion: 4 Years 7 Months
Youngest First Time Champion: Brock Lesnar at 25 years Old
Oldest First Time Champion: Vince McMahon at 54 years old
Shortest Reign of a First Time Champion: Daniel Bryan and/or Yokozuna (Both lost before leaving the ring) but technically Andre the Giant

Longest Reign of a First Time Champion: Bruno Sammartino

Top 5 Longest Waits:
Ric Flair
Andre the Giant
Jeff Hardy
Sgt. Slaughter
RVD

Top 5 Shortest Waits:
Pedro Morales
Yokozuna
Brock Lesnar
Big Show
Alberto Del Rio

every champ listed

Let's look at it this way, we're in good times right now.

Every week on WWE television we can enjoy watching Bryan Danielson, Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, Claudio Castignoli, El Generico, Kevin Steen, PAC, KENTA, Prince Devitt and others.

We have more reasons to watch WWE TV than we've had at one time in the past decade.

Embrace it friends. We no longer have to spend $10 - $20 or more per show to watch some of our favorite wrestlers with sub par production quality.
Veiled shots at Bootaaay. I see you, Sandman.

kiguel182

I can't even understand how Ziggler vs Bryan will work.

What's at stake? What does it matter?

I could care less about it.

Rollins vs Orton will be the match of the show, no doubt.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, we've never seen Daniel Bryan fight an insanely huge guy he could never legitimately fight. Ever. Not on the main event of Smackdown or anything.

See? Nothing is good enough other than Bryan wins the title.

Toki767

Yeah, we've never seen Daniel Bryan fight an insanely huge guy he could never legitimately fight. Ever. Not on the main event of Smackdown or anything.

I don't care if Bryan wins the title. I just want Brock vs Bryan. Doesn't have to be a title match.

So rasslegaf, if I were catching up on PPVs for the last year on the WWE Network for only 9.99 a month, which PPV matches would be worth watching?

Oh, I forgot. 9.99 Maggle!

Linkified

On top of that, Roman/Brock in terms of match style is probably going to be the same thing we get out of Cena/Rusev.

Brock vs Bryan or even Brock vs Ziggler would put on much better matches.

The only way it would work is if Rollins cashes in before Mania, then at least you have The Shield connection - but then you have destroyed the credibility of Brock beating Taker last year.

Chopper

As a Daniel Bryan fan, I'm not just pissed off because I feel entitled and believe he should win everything ever. I'm more pissed off with the awful quality of the Rumble match itself, thanks to the sheer abundance of shitty decsion making, and the denial of what would be an absolute dream Mania main event in the form of Bryan/Lesnar. If Lesnar's not sticking around, why would you waste that opportunity on someone like Reigns?

Wrestlemania won't be as good as it should be. That's why I'm pissed off.

But then, is it ever?

Finally Kane & Big Show are getting the respect they deserve by being equated to Brock Lesnar.

Sephzilla

You'd have a point if Kane hadn't stopped being threatening a decade ago

Top Bottom