• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

UberTag

Why is WrassleGAF fantasy booking D.Brine into main event level programs again?
I thought we had gotten all of this out of our system by now.

Vince is insane. Booking will suck until he's gone. Just accept that fact and watch NXT & New Japan. Is that really such a hard thing to do?

New japan should bring mauro and Barnett in for the G1
I have to imagine they'll rub enough brain cells together to make this happen.

Hasney

I'm not sure what he meant by Western, even though England is technically west of Japan (so is the rest of the world)

The Western World is usually referred to as Western Europe, the US and Canada.

EDIT: And a bit more, actualy.

Countries of the Western world are generally considered to share certain fundamental political ideologies, including those of liberal democracy, the rule of law, human rights and gender equality (although there are notable exceptions, especially in foreign policy). Normally, all of these principles are prerequisites for a state to become a full member of both the Council of Europe[32] and the European Union and, therefore, from a modern political point of view, all European Union member states from Western, Central and Eastern Europe are considered part of the Western world.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really liked Enslaved: Odyssey to the West and DmC: Devil May Cry.

I'm the most hated man on WrassleGAF.

Wait, you liked Enslaved? Weird.

DmC was better than DMC4 and Rising, easily.

Verendus

Banned
That's fine. It's just that I thought we didn't do signatures around these parts because they're basically superfluous clutter. Ending all of your posts with the same exact thing is just obnoxious and tedious to read. It's like that guy who ends all of his posts with "PEACE." I mean... why?
Balee dat isn't going anywhere until Roman Reigns becomes WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Deal with it.

548%20-%20Big_Show%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20laughing%20microphone%20movie%20suit%20the_waterboy.gif

I actually really like the idea of the IC title main eventing Smackdown with guys like Cesaro, Bryan, Ziggler, etc. filling the card.

Too bad it's not happening.

A good old King of the Ring tournament would be nice too.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I like DmC and I'm looking forward to the Definitive Edition port in March. It won't hold a candle to a proper DMC5 though.

Zach

I think the setting and characters/facial animation are what did it for me... I remember the game being hand-holdy, but I'm lazy and probably didn't mind.

And DmC is the only Devil May Cry game I've played all the way through, so there's that. Metal Gear is my favorite game series, but I'm not in love with Rising like some folks. It was good fun, though. I need to play those Bayonetta games... if I ever beat this god dang God Hand game. I think I'm on Chapter or Act or Whatever 4. So hard.

Balee dat isn't going anywhere until Roman Reigns becomes WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Deal with it.

I want to meet you.

I'd really like a young studio to try and do the new DMC. Even the guys at ninja theory were a bit too old. DMC should be fresh, and punky and #2sweet. I really think a tenured game producer at capcom would make the game's style feel kind of lame and out of touch (like, gosh, DMC4!) Hell maybe even if there were a young buck at Capcom it'd be cool if they rolled the dice on him.

Too bad no game companies are in any market position to roll dice any longer.

I played through rising after getting it in the holiday steam sale and wasn't a fan. Not a fan of what they've done with raiden at all post mgs2, but respect that it kind of feels like a big "fuck you dumb idiots" to everyone who missed the point of MGS2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually really like the idea of the IC title main eventing Smackdown with guys like Cesaro, Bryan, Ziggler, etc. filling the card.

Too bad it's not happening.

A good old King of the Ring tournament would be nice too.

Funny thing is if you wanted to pick one belt to juice up right now, it'd be that ugly as fuck US title. The scenario is right there.

Fox318

Did Shane decided he didn't want to run the company
Vince didn't want to let go of control and Shane was pushed out by Stephanie and Hunter.

He had the ideas to push the company forward just not the political capital to get passed the Vince yes men, Hayes, and Dunn.

Fuck this shit pepsi, perhaps consider why Daniel Bryan has fans in the first place and what it is about him that makes fans cheer him over a hand selected guy like Reigns. And so help me god, it's not the colour of his skin, you ass. People like Bryan because he's genuine, even when he's being given shit content by the writers, he makes it work and then emphasises what he says by performing to such a high standard in the ring. Reigns doesn't have that ability because he doesn't have the experience. In the fifth year of Bryan's career he was touring Europe and wrestling regularly in Japan, whereas in the fifth year of Roman's career he was separated from the team-mates who effectively disguised his deficiencies and thrown into the deep end by being forced into a main event spot before he had the tools necessary to back up such a heavy push, on the mic or in the ring. One is a self-made man who clawed and struggled for eleven years in the world of wrestling to make a name for himself and get signed by the WWE, the other is a college football player who couldn't cut it and turned to wrestling, knowing how far his family ties could potentially take him.

If any of this were true wouldn't that make the WWE pretty stupid for not trying to capitalize on the real life drama and motivations of the fans?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
¡HarlequinPanic!;149965268 said:
I'd really like a young studio to try and do the new DMC. Even the guys at ninja theory were a bit too old. DMC should be fresh, and punky and #2sweet. I really think a tenured game producer at capcom would make the game's style feel kind of lame and out of touch (like, gosh, DMC4!) Hell maybe even if there were a young buck at Capcom it'd be cool if they rolled the dice on him.

Too bad no game companies are in any market position to roll dice any longer.

Fuck this new blood idea. I want Capcom to crawl back to the fanbase on their hands and knees, begging for forgiveness.

Striker

It should be a fatal four way elimination match (as kind of a send off to Elimination Chamber) between Roman, Rusev, Axel, and Bryan where the winner faces Brock at WrestleMania. Roman and Rusev were the last two in the Rumble before Rock interfered, Axel was attacked before he could properly enter, and Bryan is in by way of never really losing the title in the first place.
These types of matches then already makes the Rumble seem pointless. Roman shouldn't be involved, he won the Rumble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If any of this were true wouldn't that make the WWE pretty stupid for not trying to capitalize on the real life drama and motivations of the fans?

It's easy to do what's popular, it's tough to do what's unpopular but RIGHT.

These types of matches then already makes the Rumble seem pointless. Roman shouldn't be involved, he won the Rumble.

They've already done a wonderful job over the years of making the Rumble seem pointless. Foley was right when he said it's on its way to becoming Survivor Series-level of who gives a fuck.

Fox318

They've already done a wonderful job over the years of making the Rumble seem pointless. Foley was right when he said it's on its way to becoming Survivor Series-level of who gives a fuck.
Pretty much.

They are running out of old timers to do returns.

Is anyone really gonna pop for a Khali or Carlito return?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So the Von Erichs are signed to TNA? Did I read that right? High hopes for them.

It's easy to do what's popular, it's tough to do what's unpopular but RIGHT.

You can't manufacture star quality. Stone Cold had the gift of the gab, as did Rock and Hogan, even Cena to an extent. Also, ignoring for a second how horrid his written promos have been, if Reigns were the sort of guy who could go out there and entertain the crowd off-the-cuff, he would've been allowed to do so by now. They don't have faith in him on the mic, so why should anyone watching care in what he has to say? Frankly, I'm more invested in Reigns struggle to find some charisma than I am in his 'struggle' to reach the top of the WWE mountain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can't manufacture star quality. Stone Cold had the gift of the gab, as did Rock and Hogan, even Cena to an extent. Also, ignoring for a second how horrid his written promos have been, if Reigns were the sort of guy who could go out there and entertain the crowd off-the-cuff, he would've been allowed to do so by now. They don't have faith in him on the mic, so why should anyone watching care in what he has to say? Frankly, I'm more invested in Reigns struggle to find some charisma than I am in his 'struggle' to reach the top of the WWE mountain.

You know what? I'm on Team Boots. I'm going to reply to everyone at face value as well. Maybe that'll help whip us back into shape.

Top Bottom