• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love Mr. Wonderful and Hogan, but no. Hogan/Funk is my absolute favorite Hogan match that I've seen. I can't compare it to some of his New Japan stuff because I haven't seen most of it.

RP912

Banned
It's a shame Mr. Wonderful lost so much credibility after the hogan feud. Dude was a natural heel and once he turned face...it was curtains.

So I'm playing Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game and oh my fuck this game is still fun. I have no idea if it's actually good though

Fuck it, it's now in my fave five wrestling games

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Funker is one of my all time favorites, but he doesn't work with Hogan. He's too wrasslin. Orndorff is the perfect over the top villain to Hogan's over the top hero.

DMczaf

I forgot that Cena's burial of Edge's first title reign at Rumble 06 was the last match of the night, Rumble was in the middle of the show.

Cena > Rumble.

Apparently, the next NXT special wasn't supposed to be until March. Then they made the decision last week to do it in February, so they had to rewrite all the TV tapings the day of the tapings and move all the new storylines up. Main eventing the special with a non-title match (unless that changes), seems strange. I only glanced at spoilers, so I'm unsure if it actually becomes a title match. But I'm sure Owens and Zayn can pull it off.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I forgot that Cena's burial of Edge's first title reign at Rumble 06 was the last match of the night, Rumble was in the middle of the show.

Cena > Rumble.

Unless you have an immense draw like Rock or Brock the Rumbo should always be last.

Verendus

Banned

Cena > Rumble.
Last match was Mark Henry vs. Kurt Angle.

All because Undertaker returned and did his shitty lightning trick to break the ring. I remember because it was the Batista era and Henry injured him a couple weeks prior. Just think, it could've been Batista killing Henry, before killing Undertaker, and capping off his glorious year long reign at Wrestlemania 22 by killing whoever else (Orton or Rey or some other jobber). What could've been.

Fox318

kyTrHsT.jpg

Apparently, the next NXT special wasn't supposed to be until March. Then they made the decision last week to do it in February, so they had to rewrite all the TV tapings the day of the tapings and move all the new storylines up. Main eventing the special with a non-title match (unless that changes), seems strange. I only glanced at spoilers, so I'm unsure if it actually becomes a title match. But I'm sure Owens and Zayn can pull it off.

I loved their justification for it being non-title. It's nice to see some order on a wrestling show.

Can't have the NXT Special to upstage ROMANMANIA 31, brother, friend, beleeber, cunt, friend.

I love Cesaro bro, but let it go man.

I loved their justification for it being non-title. It's nice to see some order on a wrestling show.

Yeah it is completely logical from a storytelling perspective, which is fantastic. Just didn't expect it. Either way, this special has potential to be the best one yet knowing the matches we're getting. And that's saying something.

DMczaf

Last match was Mark Henry vs. Kurt Angle.

All because Undertaker returned and did his shitty lightning trick to break the ring. I remember because it was the Batista era and Henry injured him a couple weeks prior. Just think, it could've been Batista killing Henry, before killing Undertaker, and capping off his glorious year long reign at Wrestlemania 22 by killing whoever else (Orton or Rey or some other jobber). What could've been.

Oh yeah, you're right.

Still, Rumble goes last. F this shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Roman's never gonna have his Nash WW3 moment where he clears out the entire ring and has to wait for the other rings to finish.

Ithil

Would sort of devalue the tournament if that's going on and Owens just gets a title shot because. Plus this way they can have Owens win the first match without making Sami's reign super short.

NXT is busy all through March, basically. They have that big show at the Arnold classic (not just their first outside of Florida, but that's in a 1000+ seat arena, biggest ever for NXT), and obviously they're going to be a part of WM week. So I guess they want to make sure they've finished up storylines for guys down in NXT before the busy March, and then the post-WM call ups. I think this next special will be Neville's last, for instance.

Also nice to see him bringing in his old moves gradually:

tumblr_nik3e5Tfzt1saykaxo1_400.gif

somedevil

Yeah it is completely logical from a storytelling perspective, which is fantastic. Just didn't expect it. Either way, this special has potential to be the best one yet knowing the matches we're getting. And that's saying something.

Plus going by the Tyler Breeze storyline he might be found dead on the next special.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Roman's never gonna have his Nash WW3 moment where he clears out the entire ring and has to wait for the other rings to finish.

Might happen this Mania actually. If they are going to push him I can see him coming in at two (because two is worse than one, you see) and clearing the ring multiple times.

strobogo

Banned
This thread /is so good. I'm gonna go watch tinker tailor soldier spy because I heard that's on netflix

That's a good idea. Until the February thread, this thread is devoted to this community finding non-wrestling stuff to watch. Be it Netflix, HBO Go, Hulu, Xfinity, Uverse, or movie theaters.

Last night I watched The Life Of David Gale. I was into it until about half way through the second act when Kevin Spacey's acting turn to shit and the story got ridiculous. I hadn't even heard of this film, but he lady I was with (quitting wrestling had meant a dramatic increase in banging) said her mom kept telling her to watch it. So we watched it. It's on HBO Go, which also has The Sopranos and The Wire. It's about a reporter (Kate Winslet) who gets the last interview with an anti-death penalty dude (Kevin Spacey) who is now on death row for the murder of his co-worker at said anti-death penalty firm. It has some solid acting, but god damn does it turn into a lot of fuckery in the second half of the movie. I really thought it was made no later than 1997 based on the fashion and editing, but is actually from 2003.

I was totally down until around half way through when
Spacey's character turns into a drunken mess and his drunk acting is TERRIBLE. Plus, the story takes about 5 turns that get more and more convoluted even though you have a pretty solid idea of where everything is heading even before the second act starts.

I see this special and following set of tapings being the last for Neville and probably Charlotte. I think they did the four-way so that they can get the belt off of Charlotte without pinning her. Same way they took the belt off Paige so that she didn't have to job.

strobogo

Banned
This thread IS NOT ABOUT WRESTLING, boners. Christ. Stop talking about wrestling. Start talking about movies/tv shows/plays you've seen, games you've played, or music you've heard lately.

ioHEjGii5v0eb.gif

Oh, guys, I watched Boyhood yesterday. It was really good. That stepdad was an incredible heel.

It's such a good movie. Best Picture for days, fuck what ya heard

So I'm playing Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game and oh my fuck this game is still fun. I have no idea if it's actually good though

Fuck it, it's now in my fave five wrestling games

I love that game, but good lord is it dumb as hell. It also got a ton of versions somehow; I remember a PSX, Saturn, and SNES version too?

Highlights of that game were Doink's multiple top rope moves, Bam Bam's top rope move LIGHTING THE OPPONENT ON FIRE, and Razor Ramon's 50 foot piledriver

Loser vs Loser match

#dead

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I genuinely think Hogan works as an actor as long as he fills 1 of 2 roles.

Role 1: Badass dude who's also kind of goofy. Like a suburban dad who used to be a Special Forces guy and now he has to juggle the PTA and the PMCs.
Role 2: Goofball musclehead love interest. I actually think he's best in class at this. Like I'd take him over Sly or Arnold for it. There's parts in Thunder In Paradise and the hotel scene in No Holds Barred where I think he fits the role perfectly.

He's always gonna look like Hogan, but I think he could have had a better career if he had more roles like that. He's god when he's an understated badass. When he's playing along with kids like a goof but NOT when he's doing stuff like Mr. Nanny, Santa With Muscles, and 3 Ninjas. He needs to be the hardened veteran who can have some fun who doesn't take stuff too seriously but isn't quite whacky sidekick.
1000 year old daemons on steam now? Damn thought valve had standards.

They've had it for over a year now. Now you understand why Gaf loves Steam so much and hates Origin.

Top Bottom