• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Verendus

Banned
I wasn't ready for this swerve.

These sons of bitches. I started a goddamn Roman Empire countdown eight weeks ago. What is this bullshit?!

Layla in 4k though

layla-gifs-005.gif

Sephzilla

The fact that there are people who would not only be okay with, but would actually prefer, George Lucas making Episode 7 baffles me

So I finally decided to catch up with WWE since we're only a couple days away...and why does it seem like Bryan is about to win the Royal Rumble?

I mean, I seen't this shit before. He's the only one with a real storyline and it's all about this damn match. This seems like they're getting behind him as a winner.

I...I can't.

But I balee'd.

The best part is that the Bryan marks think Roman is going to win. Both sides think the other side will win. I LOVE IT MAGGLE!

Verendus

Banned
Wait, wait. WWE might actually do my card this year. The best card. It's like an apology for last year since they went the obvious wrong way instead of my card that was obviously better than what they did.

Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan
Roman Reigns vs. Batista
Triple H vs. Sting
Undertaker vs. John Cena
Rollins vs. Orton

This is ideal. Might even be possible if my quick catch-up indicates anything. Only person who will ruin this is Brotista since he's obviously become too good for this shit. It's probably Undertaker vs. Sting next year, so this year is ideal for that Cena match.

Or Plan B.

John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan
Brock Lesnar vs. Batista
Triple H vs. Sting
Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Rollins vs. Orton

It's all about maximising talent. It's Math. It's a fact of life.

The awful characters(especially the ones butchered from 2) and the lack of subtlety(when you played 2 you had no idea if the devs were serious or not. It was like watching The Room and 3 is like watching Sharknado) makes playing that game feel like watching an AR Fox match to me. Except in a magical made up world where I used to think AR Fox was good. I'm much more looking for 'the total package' when it comes to open world games. I need a world, I need characters, I need things to do. I need a reason to keep using the gameplay you've designed. Unlike an arcade game where the gameplay is the game and that's good enough for me.

Agreed. Saints Row 2 >>> the rest.

3 just made me miss all the content and writing of 2. I liked the connections to SR2 in SR4, but they totally lost the plot in that game. Jumped the shark is an understatement, they hopped the entire ocean. Gat Out of Hell looks like a waste of time to me.

Plus it's like they stopped trying to make interesting and dynamic worlds after SR2. No more day/night cycles, no more interesting pedestrian events, no more pimp fights, no more crazy police happenings, boring city design, boring secrets, etc. etc. Volition needs a shot in the arm. They ruined Red Faction too with Armageddon.

Verendus

Banned
I apologise for my momentary lapse in judgment. I can't be swayed now. I must've missed the obvious Roman cues since I caught up too quick.

3 days until the beginning of the Roman Empire.

Balee dat.

I apologise for my momentary lapse in judgment. I can't be swayed now. I must've missed the obvious Roman cues since I caught up too quick.

Balee dat.

Your thought process played out exactly like WWE management's.

Agreed. Saints Row 2 >>> the rest.

3 just made me miss all the content and writing of 2. I liked the connections to SR2 in SR4, but they totally lost the plot in that game. Jumped the shark is an understatement, they hopped the entire ocean. Gat Out of Hell looks like a waste of time to me.

Plus it's like they stopped trying to make interesting and dynamic worlds after SR2. No more day/night cycles, no more interesting pedestrian events, no more pimp fights, no more crazy police happenings, boring city design, boring secrets, etc. etc. Volition needs a shot in the arm. They ruined Red Faction too with Armageddon.

Man I WISH there was an ocean to jump oer in SR4. So glad I chose it over GTAZZZZZzzz

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would like a Dead Rising 4 also but set in a huge mall with way more tiny details and made by the original team as well. It could even be a reboot of the franchise. I loved 1. I liked 2. Haven't played 3 yet though I plan to rectify that this year.

Or a theme park setting that isn't just some small portion of a bigger map.

Cagey

Banned

Balee dat.

Soon.

tumblr_nfifflybut1u33qf2o6_250.gif

Daniel Bryan gon' win and I'm gon' be like... =| eh could have been worse

UberTag

Wait, wait. WWE might actually do my card this year. The best card. It's like an apology for last year since they went the obvious wrong way instead of my card that was obviously better than what they did.

Brock Lesnar vs. Daniel Bryan
Roman Reigns vs. Batista
Triple H vs. Sting
Undertaker vs. John Cena
Rollins vs. Orton

This is ideal. Might even be possible if my quick catch-up indicates anything. Only person who will ruin this is Brotista since he's obviously become too good for this shit. It's probably Undertaker vs. Sting next year, so this year is ideal for that Cena match.

Or Plan B.

John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan
Brock Lesnar vs. Batista
Triple H vs. Sting
Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Rollins vs. Orton

It's all about maximising talent. It's Math. It's a fact of life.
Why can't you be happy that Big Dave has a successful movie career?
Why do you want him to jeopardize his health and far more lucrative job opportunities just so he can get his 46-year-old self wrecked by the likes of Brock Lesnar?

Have you no soul? Did you not see that he waved goodbye to all of us?

bye_bye.gif

Why are you so hell-bent on seeing that poor man suffer? Hasn't he been through enough?

Man I WISH there was an ocean to jump oer in SR4. So glad I chose it over GTAZZZZZzzz

I could write a book lengthy post filled with complaints about GTA, don't get it twisted. At the very least Saints Row doesn't feel like I'm steering a truck just to get my character anywhere, so it has that going for it.

Sleeping Dogs is the last open world action game I can say I was completely satisfied with and wanted more of immediately.* Meet me somewhere if you disagree.

So of course they ruin that

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I could write a book lengthy post filled with complaints about GTA, don't get it twisted. At the very least Saints Row doesn't feel like I'm steering a truck just to get my character anywhere, so it has that going for it.

Sleeping Dogs is the last open world action game I can say I was completely satisfied with and wanted more of immediately. Meet me somewhere if you disagree.

Well have I got news for you
iEwzA0VWimTTY.gif

LOOK AT ALL DEM POINTS AND F2P CURRENCY YOU COULD BE GETTING DAWG

All that CZW earlier in this thread makes me so happy that wrestling got away from the blood and violence.

Word. Sometimes I have a hard time even just watching Attitude Era shit with all the ridiculous casual chair head shots. Even some of the commentary for it is terrible "Scrambled his brains like that one!" or "Ohhhh he wont even remember the names of his family members after that one, McMahon! HAHA!"

Like yeah.. give it a few more years King

iEwzA0VWimTTY.gif

That's the most video game looking shit I have ever seen.

Sleeping Dogs is the last open world action game I can say I was completely satisfied with and wanted more of immediately.* Meet me somewhere if you disagree.

So of course they ruin that

The only problem I had with SR4 was that it was too good the game would slow to a crawl at times when I was flying. I was lucky and didn't have it happen to me too often, but others were not so lucky, so I can understand those complaints. SR4 was one of the most fun games I had ever played in a minute though, so FIVE STARS.

I've yet to play Sleepy Dawgs, but I really wanna.

Just a samoan boy
Born and raised in west Pensacola
He took the rocket train goin' anywhere

A wrestler in a smoky room
A smell of weed and cheap PEDs
One will win, all others will lose
Oh, the push never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

Don't stop balee'in
Hold on to that feelin'
Royal Rumble people

Don't stop balee'in
Hold on to that feelin'
Wrestlemania people
Don't stop!

http://i.minus.com/iEwzA0VWimTTY.gif

7037-raw-autoplay_gif14xq3.gif

The only problem I had with SR4 was that it was too good the game would slow to a crawl at times when I was flying. I was lucky and didn't have it happen to me too often, but others were not so lucky, so I can understand those complaints. SR4 was one of the most fun games I had ever played in a minute though, so FIVE STARS.

I've yet to play Sleepy Dawgs, but I really wanna.

SR4 just felt really empty to me. The mission design, the world, the plot...just empty. Junk food, but not even amazing junk food like when you really have a craving, but junk food you're eating because it's 2 AM and you're wandering in the kitchen instead of sleeping.

The "They Live" mission was amazing though, I ain't gon lie

UberTag

1 - the number of one-on-one PPV matches Roman Reigns has had
Hey, the Wrestling Observer newsletter gave that one PPV match a 4-star rating.

Clearly he's going to be most consistently excellent singles competitor of all-time.
They've just been saving him so we'll be in absolute awe of the moveset Roman has been secretly honing that will be unleashed upon his title victory.
No hiding behind wives and getting laid out backstage by Kane for him. No sirree, bob.

Hey, the Wrestling Observer newsletter gave that one PPV match a 4-star rating.

Clearly he's going to be most consistently excellent singles competitor of all-time.
They've just been saving him so we'll be in absolute awe of the moveset Roman has been secretly honing that will be unleashed upon his title victory.
No hiding behind wives and getting laid out backstage by Kane for him. No sirree, bob.

Shit, they had Reigns take out Rollins, Kane, and the stooges all by himself. No getting tripped by Kane causing him to lose a match and then getting a beat down after.

Top Bottom