• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Hey y'all, remember when Sugiura nearly ended the Rainmaker before it happened:

ibpL0qkAkI3UaH.gif

Yeah, I bet that sucked

Jesus. What was he even trying do?

New page! ...I think we've had enough Paige for one night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching the Avatar Rumbo right now, well, the first part before I go to sleep.

Tully went on quite the run for a bit. Looks straight out of No Mercy.

I don't see The Rock being actively involved with the WWE due to his filming schedule. Dude has either a TV or movie camera in front of him damn near every day. Also, a Rock v Brock match sounds terrible.

Watching Smackdown from a couple of weeks ago.....daaaaaaamn Naomi. Uce won.

Hasney

The only thing that makes me think that Rock won't come in and win the Rumble itself is that, assuming Brock doesn't re-sign, you go into Mania in a corner. I mean, you could always have Seth cash-in, but Rock vs. Brock for the title with both of them leaving the next day seems like an odd sell. Seems more likely that Brock would drop the belt and then they would do that match. But if that is the case then what the hell will Rock do tomorrow night?

Have Reigns eliminate Rock. Rock v Reigns at WM could help Reigns come along ready for the main event next year.

Have Reigns eliminate Rock. Rock v Reigns at WM could help Reigns come along ready for the main event next year.

then you'd have to make rock heel which wouldn't work cos he'd get over as a hell and then reigns would lose being over as a face in that feud

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My New Japan Pro Wrestling Outline for 2015

What Should Happen
•Suzuki wins IWGP title. Feuds with Naito, Shibata, Nagata, AJ, and Goto.
•AJ wins G1. Cementing his status in the company.
OR​
•Goto wins G1. Puts on an amazing showing and becomes a huge fan favorite, moreso than before.
•BOSJ has NJPW using talents from all over Japan and Mexico in addition to some of their own. They get a bunch of alumni from Mexico and some guys from Japan who are over in their own promotion so all the matches get good reactions. NJPW will gain a few regular visiting talents from this and spark some kind of interest back into their junior division, singles and tag.
•Dangan Yankees Invade. Tanaka and Sugiura feud with Shibata and Goto. GHC vs IWGP champions.
• Hidaka and Hayato feud with ReDragon or whoever is Jr tag champions​
•Bullet Club disbands. Make way for a new heel stable in the vein of CHAOS before everyone in CHAOS was a face.
•Ibushi goes back to the junior division where his femmy self belongs.
•Iizuka will pin Okada
•YEAR OF TAICHI
•Ishii will go to the doctor and get some rest
•Maria gets work without her tagalong husband
•Jun Kasai will work some dates. Maybe tag with Suzuki once and beat up Yano or something.

What Will Happen
•Everything that isn't Okadahashi won't matter. When people are feuding with Okada or Tanahashi, everyone will ask 'Where's Okada/Tanahashi?' By the end of 2015 anyone who watches NJPW, casually or seriously, will consider this the most overrated and overexposed feud in years.
•Okada will win G1 because Okadahashi
•Tanahashi will have a bunch of feuds for his title that don't mean anything because it's just killing time until Okadahashi.
•Okada vs Tanahashi will go for way too long because '6 star match' is completely based on time apparently
•Ibushi and Naito will form a tag team because they're kind of similar and they're not Okada so they can't be winning the IWGP title.
•Kushida will continue to be the blandest dude in all of wrestling. The Young Lions have more going on than Kushida.
•Taguchi will win the Jr Heavyweight title back. No one will care.
•BOSJ will be padded out with American independent wrestlers who can't get over in Japan.
•Mike Bennett gets work.
•AJ will break someone's neck
•Captain New Japan will get work
•Yano will feud with Suzuki-gun. Probably a year long program with Taka.
•TenKoji will win the tag titles because that's safe.
•Ishii will lose the use of his arm, forcing him into retirement for being a carny and not going to a doctor and taking time off.
•Bad Luck Fatso or Doc Gallows will win the NEVER title as it becomes the 'fat slobs who 'brawl' shit' title. 'NEVER gonna have an exciting match again' is more like it.
•Justin Roberts, Karl Anderson's mom, and Nick Patrick join Bullet Club
•The Young Bucks will invent 'We're Marking Out, Bro' finisher
•Cody Hall will steal something and get fired

Hasney

then you'd have to make rock heel which wouldn't work cos he'd get over as a hell and then reigns would lose being over as a face in that feud

No you wouldn't. With smart booking, you could make both be face going into it.

Therefore I don't see it happening.

No you wouldn't. With smart booking, you could make both be face going into it.

Therefore I don't see it happening.

hm. i dunno. sounds bad if you make them both faces, no matter how smart it was booked. i'm not really interested in seeing a respect-off between the rock and roman reigns.

Aiii

So not worth it
Justin Gabriel probably realised he can earn more on the Indies and actually win a match or two while doing his potentially neck breaking flips.

Put on a mask and go to LU or go to New Japan to be the twentieth Bullet Club member.

hm. i dunno. sounds bad if you make them both faces, no matter how smart it was booked. i'm not really interested in seeing a respect-off between the rock and roman reigns.
Nothing wrong with having two faces go at it. One of the best main events at WM was face vs fave. The problem I see here is that Rock would likely be WAY more over than Roman... so it would just make it kinda awkward.

Turns into?
Excellent point.

Hasney

Honestly, neither am I. But I'm not really interested in seeing Reigns do anything in his current state, so besting a returning legend or getting close to beating one at WM is the only thing I can think of that will benefit him.

Browny

Banned
Tyler Breeze.

Tyler Breeze.

What In The Actual Fuck.

Probably the best of a bad bunch.

Clearly my man The Big Boss Man didn't make many waves. And Freckles, I had Shane Douglas from day one - but figured I'd get lynched if he won. You are a brave man to follow through with him...

Also, the correct Regal music was awesome!

Alucard

Banned
Funny seeing people choosing guys like Ziggler to win the Rumble. Please remember this is for the right to main event at Wrestlemania.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man, Yoko nearly won it all. A sea of Yoko's. You'd have "slim and trim" 1993 Yoko to Fatter than fat 1996 Yoko. With that Sneer.

Browny

Banned
Funny seeing people choosing guys like Ziggler to win the Rumble. Please remember this is for the right to main event at Wrestlemania.

But not to be at the top of the card though:

Depending on how they manoeuvre other people, it's possible they could have someone else win, have the title match second to last, and still have a money grabbing main event.

Of course they shouldn't - the belt should always be last (fuck you WM 28). 26 was an exception - and should have been the only exception.

Edit: man did I forget about LT. But my word did Vince need those PPV buys back then...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kerry Von Erich steps in for the late Bruiser Brody to battle Kamala I know it's like a 'duh' thing to say a Von Erich is over in WCCW.... but god damn is Kerry Von Erich over. I don't even mean like 'look at that pop' and more like just watch how people react to him when he comes out. Obviously the Von Erichs were insanely over in Texas, but it's fun to find matches that remind you just how over they were combined with Kerry's natural charisma. Shit, what a megastar. Mother fucker comes to the ring covered in lipstick. Girls grabbing his robe.

It really is unbelievable. Kerry was everything the Von Erichs were distilled into one body as opposed to a handful of brothers, spread out.

He was the ultimate Von Erich in my opinion.

kiguel182

So, I see Tyler Breeze won the Avatar Rumble...

I almost want to stay up until 4 am today to watch the Rumble but finals coupled with Reigns winning is going to make pass on that.

Top Bottom