• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

gurudyne

Eliminating Bryan brought Bray ZERO heat for the rest of the match, that's when you know you fucked-up

Four minutes of solid boos--not for anyone or anything in particular, just a solid block of booing--followed by a small pop for Mizdow, boos after a quick elimination, then death until Roman. Another solid block of boos and then the crowd died. Not even a reaction for Cesaro, which ran contrary to what I expected from Philly. Ziggler and Amrose were the only ones who got a positive reaction after that, but a short-lived and relatively tepid one.

There had to have been a better way to do Roman winning in Philly.

Sephzilla

The thing is, I actually thought the PPV as a while was good until the actual rumble match, and then it spiraled into the darkest time line with Roman winning and the birth if the Cena/Rusev feud

Vylash

Rusev having a feud with Cena right now is the best thing for him because it'll have to be for the title and they'll never put the title on Cena, it's a feud he can't possibly lose

PInk Tape

Banned
It's like, who's ready for corny (very likely Russian themed) jokes, extreme patriotism, more flag waving, and Lana shaming?

I'm not.

The undercard wasn't much, but HOLY SHIT WAS THE WWE Title match amazing. It was non-stop highlights - like a video game match with a crazy finish out of nowhere. Royal Rumble was a clusterfuck, but I loved Bubba Ray's return even if he was a bit too hefty. it fits Bubba Ray, but it sucks to see him not in as Bully Ray. DDP was booked perfectly - shame Dean Ambrose, Daniel Bryan, or other modern-day stars aren't nearly 60 and retired so they could be protected too. HOLY SHIT THE BOOS FOR REIGNS. Holy God are they doomed. He got booed doing everything and NOT EVEN THE ROCK COULD SAVE HIM. Jesus.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/wwe-royal-rumble-2015.html

Screens -

Heyman - Master of the WWE Universe

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0knjaxtcl8dkxlbnhymca537rbd5g1wg

JavyOO7

Hmm. I think Rusev got this in the bag. Why? My reasoning is that since Reigns is winning at WM 31 against the crown jewel of the WWE, there's no need for Cena to win. So after probably the best match in the show, Rusev beats Cena. By submission.

If I'm wrong, feel free to give me a crap tag/avatar. =p

Kiyo

Rusev having a feud with Cena right now is the best thing for him because it'll have to be for the title and they'll never put the title on Cena, it's a feud he can't possibly lose

You underestimate LOLCENAWINS. They'll find a way to bury Rusev.

Hmm. I think Rusev got this in the bag. Why? My reasoning is that since Reigns is winning at WM 31 against the crown jewel of the WWE, there's no need for Cena to win. So after probably the best match in the show, Rusev beats Cena. By submission.

Funny, I thought the same thing last year when bray versed Cena. The one big fuck up of the ppv was Cena going over for zero reason.

Striker

Can you really blame the fans though at this point? Something has got to give and either Vince has to go, or Vince has to wake up.
Just don't watch. Believe me, it is super easy. Just get highlights from their YT page of something that may look interesting.

It would actually not have to be for the title, though. This is the US Title we're talking about, that he won on a Network-exclusive post-show, that Dean Ambrose held for a year with nothing to show for it

Vestal

You guys realize that tomorrow we are probably going to get an in ring promo from Reigns which will be interrupted by "Ladies and Gentlemen my name is PAUL Heyman".

They are going to have Reigns go 1 on 1 with Paul Heyman....I don't think even Heyman could carry Reigns on the Mic.

Foffy

Banned

Gonna lose Kobashi to a Reigns/Cena overcoming the odds avatar with those bets, man.

0YrvLrO.png

#AxelVsLesnarForWM31

When was the last time the title was even defended?
I'm drawing blanks. Can't even say that i'm sure Rusev's even defended the title. Maybe there was a rematch against Sheamus? I have no clue.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys realize that tomorrow we are probably going to get an in ring promo from Reigns which will be interrupted by "Ladies and Gentlemen my name is PAUL Heyman".

They are going to have Reigns go 1 on 1 with Paul Heyman....I don't think even Heyman could carry Reigns on the Mic.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how dim witted, awkward and unprepared Roman looks. He's getting the title regardless. Just like Cena, you're going to keep getting it until you're tired of booing it and accept it.

dream

I think having Heyman switch allegiances in order to pull off the double turn would be a terrible mistake. The friendship between Heyman and Brock is just about the only real thing in pro wrestling.

McNei1y

"One on one with the one in twenty one and one"

"Baby girl belee dat"

Bizazedo

Just got back from Philly. Title match was amazing, as was the crowd.

After previously considering paying $9.99 for this nonsense I now wonder why WWE doesn't want my money.

To persons who watched, how was the crowd after Rock showed up? Or was even he not enough to calm them?

They popped huge for his intro song, then boo'd again. Rock looked legit pissed when he left and went offstage.

This was garbage.

It's like Vince really, REALLY wanted to rub our faces in his shit.

I am also pissed that the crowd did not give a fuck about Cesaro.
Crowd loved Cesaro and pushed huge for him during the preshow. There were even tepid pops for the Euro uppercuts during the Rumble.

People were pissed at DB being eliminated. The hostility in the crowd grew to concerning pitches when it was Ambrose & Reigns versus TBS and Kane. And then even more when it was just Reigns and people had their fears confirmed.

I am amazed at no trash in the ring.

Also, they confiscated a Cuckold Cena sign fast....

Foffy

Banned
Man, that LAW guy is miffed that one guy was offering his opinion and accidentally interrupted him by continuing to talk.

Do they get this salty? He was even mumbling to himself as the caller continued to talk.

gurudyne

Man, that LAW guy is miffed that one guy was offering his opinion and accidentally interrupted him by continuing to talk.

Do they get this salty?

Don't see how you can interrupt someone by continuing to talk. LAW guy was pretty rude about it a few times over, didn't even talk about the guy's opinion before moving on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I enjoyed watching the rumble just like I enjoyed watching Arquette win the title. It was beautiful how awkward and out of touch the whole thing was.

Top Bottom