• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's family, and Reigns needs a mouthpiece/heatshield (the latter didn't work).

None of this was ever explained or even brought up in the last two years of WWE.

You have to actually just know Reigns real name and identity to even know that.

Toki767

I'm surprised at people using NXT as a reason to stay subscribed. You mean the developmental program where you can get attached to the characters before they go to the show that you hate more than Macho hates Hogan? The program where the end-goal of it is to go to 'the main show'?

So basically like how territories were in the 80s before getting a job in WWF?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Roman isn't going to suddenly learn how to cut a promo or work a match as a heel.
An entire roster dedicated to going to the big show vs. 1 or 2 people at most, who wouldn't get signed until years and years after them competing in the territory?

imBask

Banned
I'm surprised at people using NXT as a reason to stay subscribed. You mean the developmental program where you can get attached to the characters before they go to the show that you hate more than Macho hates Hogan? The program where the end-goal of it is to go to 'the main show'?

but that's the problem, the show itself is so good

I don't ever want to miss an episode of NXT, but I don't want Sami Zayn anywhere near Vince ever

RP912

Banned
Yep. WWE will spin it as the audience having a voice.

The only way they could have really sent a message tonight is if a majority of the people there just got up and left after Bryan got eliminated rather than stay and boo.

I was expecting that. A whole walkout towards the ticketbox asking for refunds would be more satisfying than a 70 year old man playing fucking puppet master with his wrestlers and toying with the fans. This shit got me heated because yeah "it's still real to me". Wrestling can be fun but tonight was downright ghoulish. Ziggler and Ambrose getting tossed out like yesterday's business was the final straw.

Just got back.

LOVED the title match, Rumble was fun, that ending was a real bad move in Philly. Tons of refund chants and shit.

I will absolutely Hold That L RE: Bryan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I should just come out and say it

I put on a better Royal Rumble than WWE

#mmmgorgeous

Fox318

The shattered dreams.

Shattered.

Bwahahahaha.

5jbJ8Va.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I did like that they let Wyatt be good again. Hopefully that goes somewhere.

njean777

I'm not saying they shouldn't be pissed.

The right way, which will be completely ignored, involves not giving the WWE any money or attention. But that will never happen, because they, just like several posters in this very thread, are marks.

Well the only problem I see with that is if we stop watching it the people that actually deserve to be on top never will be. I watch only for Ambrose, Rollins, Ziggler, Brock, Bray, Bryan, and some others. If the company folds, all of them lose their jobs (not really worried about Brock tbh in the instance).

RP912

Banned

The crazy thing about this question is the fact that the territories were better than the place where the wrestlers wanted to get signed up.

I find watching some of the NWA and AWA footage better than Piper yelling at clouds.

But for those couple of months or years they are in NXT, they're still putting on entertaining shows every week and amazing 2 HR special.

Yeah was hoping they would let Wyatt beat the previous records and use that to push him back up from where he was.

A Wyatt vs Brock or Rusev vs Brock would be great.

Toki767

I was expecting that. A whole walkout towards the ticketbox asking for refunds would be more satisfying than a 70 year old man playing fucking puppet master with his wrestlers and toying with the fans. This shit got me heated because yeah "it's still real to me". Wrestling can be fun but tonight was downright ghoulish. Ziggler and Ambrose getting tossed out like yesterday's business was the final straw.

By staying, the fans there are just proving Vince's point though. That he can fuck with them all he wants and while they might boo and complain, they'll still watch.

Imagine 15000 people just leaving in the middle of the match in what is supposed to be the beginning of the crowning moment of Vince's chosen one's career.

That would send a real message.

As someone who hasn't watched a WWE show in like 12 years, the Royal Rumble was really bad. The Rumble itself was super uninteresting even if someone besides this Roman Reigns guy hadn't have won. This is the first time I've really seen him and he seems like he's not at all ready for a Wrestlemania main event. I understand Daniel Bryan is super popular and it seemed to make no sense that he was eliminated half way through the match. Rock showing up was awesome, but the crowd turning on Reigns even with Rock there is enough to convince me he isn't ready. The only highlights of the show were Seth Rollins, Brock Lesnar, and Rusev.

Verendus

Banned
They explained it all in the post show. As well as started Rusev/Cena. On the post show.
Well, I missed that.

Guess another year with no Cena vs. Undertaker. Rusev is straight going nowhere once Cena is done with him, his character has no longevity as it is so I don't know why they're wasting Cena in that kind of match.

gurudyne

By staying, the fans there are just proving Vince's point though. That he can fuck with them all he wants and while they might boo and complain, they'll still watch.

Imagine 15000 people just leaving in the middle of the match in what is supposed to be the beginning of the crowning moment of Vince's chosen one's career.

That would send a real message.

Short of main eventing the Total Divas cast in a musical chairs segment, it would be impossible to get that kind of mass reaction from the fans.

Sephzilla

(Hey Sunny, I've barely been home this weekend but I'll update to a Breeze avatar ASAP)

I can't believe they made the Batista mistake two years in a row

Hasney

Well, I missed that.

Guess another year with no Cena vs. Undertaker. Rusev is straight going nowhere once Cena is done with him, his character has no longevity as it is so I don't know why they're wasting Cena in that kind of match.

Rusev interrupted his promo. You know Cena can't abide by that.

As someone who hasn't watched a WWE show in like 12 years, the Royal Rumble was really bad. The Rumble itself was super uninteresting even if someone besides this Roman Reigns guy hadn't have won. This is the first time I've really seen him and he seems like he's not at all ready for a Wrestlemania main event. I understand Daniel Bryan is super popular and it seemed to make no sense that he was eliminated half way through the match. Rock showing up was awesome, but the crowd turning on Reigns even with Rock there is enough to convince me he isn't ready. The only highlights of the show were Seth Rollins, Brock Lesnar, and Rusev.

I had no idea what they were doing in booking the match. It was just a total mess, and a terrible match even outside the result.

Top Bottom