• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

I LOVED the "We Want Rusev" chants.

The man is a great monster heel, but WWE is already shitting on him by not making him fearless and win matches.

Again, Brock vs. Rusev would have been great. It really would have.

Not a Russia vs America Ass Thing

Just a Russian vs. Brock Fucking Lesnar thing.

Knowing that Cena is there to clean Rusev up pisses me off so fucking much.

Brock is over. Seth is over.

Why put Reigns in this?

I hope the crowd continues to cheer for Rusev during Reigns' crap.

dream

Really, the only way to go forward is to turn Roman heel and have him beat a babyface Brock, then cut taunting promos about how he sent Brock packing.

McNei1y

Rusev vs Brock would've awesome. It would've been different. It would've been unexpected. Why this? And now we have a terrible WM main event and Rusev is going to get buried against Cena. Way to go.

RP912

Banned
The only way Vince will wake up and smell the coffee is if the fans will slowly stop supporting the product. I see it happening as time progress when companies like NJPW, ROH, and even Lucha Underground get more of a following leading to alternatives beyond the WWE. Until then, people will stay in tune on Mondays and bitch on Tuesday.

There wasn't any NXT cameos this year *sigh*

Yeah the lack of NXT was really stupid. Even one or two would be good, get Neville in there to do some cool shit so when he debuts people might recognise him for doing cool shit before. Unlike what happened with the Ascension where they drop them into the main roster while talking them up as top dogs.

Big One

Banned
Shitty fans?

The entire business of WWE relies on the fans.

The whole point is to sell them merch, get them to buy tickets, buy the pay-per-views, etc.

Nothing coming out of this will do that.

Terrible business decision all around.

My palate cleanser tonight has been NJPW on axs ep 3 and now PWG Black Cole Sun. The Rumble wasn't bad but Danielson not winning sucked ass. Tomorrow night should be interesting.

njean777

They should have just had Ambrose win after hearing the boo's for Roman during the match. Oh well, back to having Ambrose's talent being wasted...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here are the options

• Continue to watch WWE. Even if you're a Roman fan, you know you didn't want to see him win like that. You don't want to see him pushed like this.
• Watch alternatives all of which are more readily available than ever before
• Watch old stuff
• Don't watch wrestling at all.
kWXZHdK.gif

If you continue to watch next month's PPV, you deserve the quality of next month's PPV.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still can't figure out what the storyline reason for the Rock being there is.

Toki767

The only way Vince will wake up and smell the coffee is if the fans will slowly stop supporting the product. I see it happening as time progress when companies like NJPW, ROH, and even Lucha Underground get more of a following leading to alternatives beyond the WWE. Until then, people will stay in tune on Mondays and bitch on Tuesday.

Yep. WWE will spin it as the audience having a voice.

The only way they could have really sent a message tonight is if a majority of the people there just got up and left after Bryan got eliminated rather than stay and boo.

This burn might be too much

So harsh.

Fun with friends? I don't see the burn.
Shitty fans?

The whole point is to sell them merch, get them to buy tickets, buy the pay-per-views, etc.

No matter how much I don't like the results of an event, it doesn't give me the right to act like how the fans in Philly are, what with blocking exits and such.

dream

Shitty fans?

Let's not act like every angry WWE fan isn't going to watch Monday Night Raw SuperShow tomorrow, buy tickets for live events, buy t-shirts at said live events, and fork over their $9.99 come March. History (as recent as last year WHEN THIS VERY SITUATION FIRST OCCURED) has shown us that WWE fans are all talk and no action. They bark loudly, but continue watching a product that they despise because they are lonely, gullible, and wouldn't know what to do with their lives without WWE in it.

njean777

YES

Just because your fictional hero didn't win a carny event doesn't give you the right to act like a shithead.

I agree they are shitheads, but lets be real here, they are doing more than you and me by actually actively showing their dissatisfaction, not in the right way of course.

Shitty fans?

Exactly. Ratings are down, the Network is flopping all over the place, yet they CONSTANTLY shit on their fanbase and Vince books what HE wants, and doesn't give a fuck about the crowd.

Vince needs to fuck off or watch his company slowly take those final steps into the grave.

Bossniak

So Bryan's elimination, what purpose did it have? There were no shenanigans it was just another jobber eske elimination. Doesn't set up a storyline with anyone in my eyes. Let's see what happens on raw I guess?

Verendus

Banned
Friends, if anything, I feel we will all be united come Wrestlemania and be ready for Roman to wield that torch with the fury of a thousand suns.

Vylash

Here are the options

• Continue to watch WWE. Even if you're a Roman fan, you know you didn't want to see him win like that. You don't want to see him pushed like this.
• Watch alternatives all of which are more readily available than ever before
• Watch old stuff
• Don't watch wrestling at all.
kWXZHdK.gif

If you continue to watch next month's PPV, you deserve the quality of next month's PPV.
see you tomorrow night for Monday Night Raw

I still can't figure out what the storyline reason for the Rock being there is.

Rock being there is concrete proof that Vince knew how they would react, told them to fuck off, and did it anyway, he thought Rock would soften the blow and get Roman over somehow but that only worked for a minute

imBask

Banned
Let's not act like every angry WWE fan isn't going to watch Monday Night Raw SuperShow tomorrow, buy tickets for live events, buy t-shirts at said live events, and fork over their $9.99 come March. History (as recent as last year WHEN THIS VERY SITUATION FIRST OCCURED) has shown us that WWE fans are all talk and no action. They bark loudly, but continue watching a product that they despise because they are lonely, gullible, and wouldn't know what to do with their lives without WWE in it.

what? we didn't get Orton vs Batista at WM30 because people went bananas, that worked

jmdajr

This is like when you pay to see a band and they play a whole set of an album no one cares about.

I just don't know why we got so little D. Bry. If he couldn't last till the end have him come out later.

Very baffling booking. I'd like to think there is some logic besides fuck you.

RP912

Banned
Kane and Big Show

89 years old

eighty nine

Hell over a 100 years old team of NAO opened up the Rumble. NAO in 2015. We are suppose to be booking these young stars to meet the moon, instead the Ascension became a prop for the older generation. The only old guy I was rooting for was DDP because it's DDP, and of course Bully Ray which he can still go to a certain extent.

This is like when you pay to see a band and they play a whole set of an album no one cares about.

I just don't know why we got so little D. Bry. If he couldn't last till the end have him come out later.

Very baffling booking. I'd like to think there is some logic besides fuck you.

My guess is that they wanted to get him eliminated early as they knew the crowd would not be happy and then hope they got over it as the rumble went on.

We know how that all turned out.

I agree with the shithead part, but we have the right to be pissed
I'm not saying they shouldn't be pissed.
I agree they are shitheads, but lets be real here, they are doing more than you and me by actually actively showing their dissatisfaction, not in the right way of course.

The right way, which will be completely ignored, involves not giving the WWE any money or attention. But that will never happen, because they, just like several posters in this very thread, are marks.

jmdajr

Friends, if anything, I feel we will all be united come Wrestlemania and be ready for Roman to wield that torch with the fury of a thousand suns.
Only hope now is die Roman die and turn him full heel. They can't make this baby face shit work. It will be an extremely painful ride.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So Bryan's elimination, what purpsoe did it have? There were no shenanigans it was just another jobber eske elimination. Doesn't set up a storyline with anyone in my eyes. Let's see what happens on raw I guess?

Dunno. Maybe we can get Daniel Wyatt again. Please. That never got to run its course.

Zoolader

So I just woke up from a nice nap. Who would have thought Roman Reigns was gonna win. The highlight of the night was that new smoking hot rose bud?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised at people using NXT as a reason to stay subscribed. You mean the developmental program where you can get attached to the characters before they go to the show that you hate more than Macho hates Hogan? The program where the end-goal of it is to go to 'the main show'?

jmdajr

My guess is that they wanted to get him eliminated early as they knew the crowd would not be happy and then hope they got over it as the rumble went on.

We know how that all turned out.
Always underestimating the fan base. At least this isn't old school puerto rico times.

McNei1y

Only hope now is die Roman die and turn him full heel. They can't make this baby face shit work. It will be an extremely painful ride.

and we're all going to experience that painful ride together because you know this PG shit won't let a babyface like that turn heel.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised at people using NXT as a reason to stay subscribed. You mean the developmental program where you can get attached to the characters before they go to the show that you hate more than Macho hates Hogan? The program where the end-goal of it is to go to 'the main show'?

That's not really how I look at it. It's an entertaining hour every week and I enjoy the matches, that's all. And good Specials, as well. Entertainment. I'm not too worried about the endgame. I wanna live in the now.

Top Bottom