• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT2| Stop watching this garbage and get HBO Go

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
BS. I believe he woulda beat a prime Mysterio and hang with Eddie

Yep. Get him a nice cushy spot where he belongs
2300%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20i_booked_myself%20kevin_nash%20laughing%20wcw.gif

With the cruiserweights

Ithil

Seth is a true star, and he got the real rub by becoming HHH's golden boy. You see where being Vince's golden boy ended up, completely botched. Rollins on the other hand is pretty much future-proof.

Seth has slowly been built into a total star, in this heel run. Now he's super talented but so were plenty of others and they didn't become stars.

Fox318

Authority should have clubbed Dolph on the ramp at 30, plugged in Seth, have Seth win the Rumble and get ANOTHER titleshot on top of his briefcase. Lesnar is pretty much a face at this point anyway, after he valiantly fought off two men and a million finishers, stairs, tables, and barricades to defend his title clean.

3 way shield match with Ambrose-Reigns tie would have been perfect.

Kaladin

That world title match was fucking amazing.

I don't even know what I saw though with that Royal Rumble. I mean....you book Bryan to be a big deal and common sense tells you that he's going to be a big deal, right? Not just someone Bray Wyatt eliminates.

I'm sorry for Roman Reigns, but I just can't see that dude legit beating Brock Fucking Lesnar. I mean look at what the guy fucking went through tonight. 3 AAs....3 of one of the most protected moves on the planet and he kicks out at 2. The man is a beast. And we're supposed to believe Roman Reigns can beat this guy? The fuck out of here.

Shame that with all this, Rusev will be overlooked. Dude has been legit lately, and was legit in the rumble. Loved his stuff with Ryback recently too.

This company needs to get it's shit together and listen to the fans. It works well for them down in Florida.

I'm not canceling my sub, but damn if they didn't kill my hype for this Mania.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Does WWE remember that? Because a guy who did all that should not have gone out like the way he did tonight.

It makes sense in the "make sure Reigns doesn't get shit on tonight" booking sense; but I almost hope it comes out that he wasn't supposed to get knocked out at that point. Because that was a crowd killer; and unless Rock was going to enter - no one else was going to get the crowd going again.

I still think we're going to see Lesnar turn face and Reigns turn heel by WM. Sad thing is, they had a perfect set up tonight with Rock. Rock comes out, raises Reigns' hand, etc etc, Reigns drops him with a Superman Punch. Go Rock / Reigns at Fast Lane for the WM Spot (Rocky cashes in his rematch clause he never got with Cena); Rock puts Reigns over as a heel.

Or, go with Reigns vs Lesnar, Rock & Bryan cash in their contractually guaranteed rematches, and WM becomes a four way match with Rock, Brock, Bryan, and Reigns.

Foffy

Banned
Yeah, well, I took it way, way too far. God, I feel like a complete idiot.

Nothing to be upset about. You clearly care more about the quality of their product than they do, if the Rumble match was thought of as an acceptable presentation.

So much talent got outright buried, and for a roster this fucking thin, how a lot of it was handled was overwhelming. There was sheer symbolism in some of the eliminations, like Zigglers.

Vestal

What pisses people off the most is that we have the following baby faces.

1. Dbryan
2. Ambrose
3. Ziggler

The CROWD LOVES THEM. They are all great workers..... Yet we get Reigns.

Sephzilla

Honestly at this point I think Bryan needs to grow some balls and start complaining to Vince about creative. Bryan's underdog comeback story against Lesnar is such a clearly more interesting story than Roman right now and Roman is going to be ruined for being pushed too soon.

Ithil

What pisses people off the most is that we have the following baby faces.

1. Dbryan
2. Ambrose
3. Ziggler

The CROWD LOVES THEM. They are all great workers..... Yet we get Reigns.

And you got Ambrose and Ziggler carried as ragdolls and dumped from the ring like trash, no less, by two old guys.

Honestly at this point I think Bryan needs to grow some balls and start complaining to Vince about creative. Bryan's underdog comeback story against Lesnar is such a clearly more interesting story than Roman right now and Roman is going to be ruined for being pushed too soon.

Exactly. Now I'm mad we aren't getting a Lesnar/Bryan match.

DMczaf

Didn't you hear? Roman is going to start training early by watching lots of tape. #LegitSport

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just don't get why they didn't set up Reigns getting this push. He came back from his injury like a month prior and all he did was do his stupid crowd entrance to save other faces, apparently just because faces save other faces when they are in trouble.

I just hope no one says 'I gotta watch Raw tomorrow to see how they make up for this!' or 'I gotta watch that trainwreck!'

Because otherwise the WWE wins either way.

After what happened last year, I don't see this as valid a criticism. People showing up to shows and shitting on everything is what got things changed last year.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
3 way shield match with Ambrose-Reigns tie would have been perfect.

If you had Rollins cash in on Lesnar tonight, could have had the final two be Ambrose and Reigns, who look at each other, and immediately realize the shenanigans they could pull by jumping out together (ie, two of them get revenge against Rollins together). Would have been fun and set up a three way nicely.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I agree with all the Reigns hate (well it's not his fault to be fair) but I have to say, that was a sweet spear on Rusev :(

Any gif of that?

Nah I'm with Zord on that one. I'm going to watch something else. Perhaps on HBO Go. But I'll definitely be interested to see what happens. Tonight made it more clear than ever there is no reason to put time into WWE like that when you can just wait out the shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After what happened last year, I don't see this as valid a criticism. People showing up to shows and shitting on everything is what got things changed last year.

Changed short-term only to go back to the initial plan. Just enough to keep people watching and giving them money before they go straight back to what Vince wants.

Fox318

I just don't get why they didn't set up Reigns getting this push. He came back from his injury like a month prior and all he did was do his stupid crowd entrance to save other faces, apparently just because faces save other faces when they are in trouble.

Vince was writing his promos.

Kinda hard to tell your boss he is an idiot.

then again

Lvnx6L3.png

9xu85DY.png

3m1dFpS.png

UnWtlBz.png

bGlBdPa.png

k8Ubc1d.png

JZwziUd.png

Thorakai

Rusev vs Lesnar would have been amazing. Brock can easily work as a heel/face. The only difference between the two is that heel Brock fights faces, and face Brock fights heels. That's it. People want to cheer for a TMF'er. So just let them against a heel that everyone wants to boo. A Rusev win would have cemented him as the new monster heel the business desperately needs now that they are too cheap to pony up the cash for God King Brock.

Changed short-term only to go back to the initial plan. Just enough to keep people watching and giving them money before they go straight back to what Vince wants.

The "initial plan" was for Batista to get the belt. That never happened. They were going to let Bryan hold the belt all the way to Summerslam. Yeah, he would have gotten beat by Brock, but at least he would have had a decent reign. Bottom line is that shit got changed by people voicing their displeasure.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rusev vs Lesnar would have been amazing. Brock can easily work as a heel/face. The only difference between the two is that heel Brock fights faces, and face Brock fights heels. That's it. People want to cheer for a TMF'er. So just let them against a heel that everyone wants to boo. A Rusev win would have cemented him as the new monster heel the business desperately needs now that they are too cheap to pony up the cash for God King Brock.

Rusev can't be a legitimate monster heel because his gimmick is too narrow. He's getting fed to Cena and honestly, that will be the first time he faces anyone that's even around the main event scene.

I think Rusev is actually good enough, I just think he has a solidly midcard gimmick because its cheap heat to have your entire character just being an America-hater.

They did build up to this push.

That's the thing. This win didn't come out of nowhere. Reports that he was winning it came in December. And then he came back...and feuded with Big Show. It didn't stop the feeling that he was winning the Rumble. It just added in the horror that Vince considered a feud with Big Show in 2015 something their next face deserved right before the big moments occurred, like beating Show was the one big step needed.

At some point "out of touch" is too polite to describe just how inept, blind, and incompetent people can truly be.

Sephzilla

I'm going to watch Raw tomorrow just to see if the Roman hate carries over. If it does then maybe there is hope for them fixing this shit. If not, we are fucked

Ithil

That's the thing. This win didn't come out of nowhere. Reports that he was winning it came in December. And then he came back...and feuded with Big Show. It didn't stop the feeling that he was winning the Rumble. It just added in the horror that Vince considered a feud with Big Show in 2015 something their next face deserved right before the big moments occurred, like beating Show was the one big step needed.

At some point "out of touch" is too polite to describe just how inept, blind, and incompetent people can truly be.

December? Try May.

Angry Grimace

Maybe I'm not reading you right but the dirtsheets aren't actually on the show. We knew Vince was in love with Reigns muscles and appearance months ago, but Reigns never really looked particularly strong at any point after the Shield breakup nor did he even do anything in the match.

Sooooo...Bryan vs. Wyatt at Wrestlemania? Bryan gets his win back from last year's Rumble?

Bryan is never getting his win back from Bray, considering Raw last week and the Rumble today. Hopefully Sheamus will be ready by then, but if not, they might have an open spot in the battle royal

All I wanted out of this company was a Bryan vs Brock match. Brock will probably be gone after Mania so we will probably never get it, especially with the way they are booking Daniel Bryan currently.
Oh ok. I wouldn't mind seeing that match

On a side note wasn't Mania's championship match a triple threat?

Top Bottom