• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan GAF |OT| I'm not planning a trip; I live here!

Desmond

鴨川飲み会楽しそうだなあ。近くにいれば参加するのに。。。 How's the typhoon?
I don't think the typhoon came. Lol

JulianImp

You need at least a BA (Bachelor's) in any subject to quality for a normal working visa. If you have a BA, you would know it, so I'm positive you don't. Once you have a BA, you need to find a company that will hire you and sponsor your visa.

There are many kinds of other visas, but they all require many various things.
http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/long/index.html

Here's a detailed list of what each visa requires:
http://www.juridique.jp/immigration.html

If you have a normal university degree (and papers to prove it) and speak good Japanese, you might quality for the "International Services" visa.

Thanks for the tips! I've asked my family back at Argentina to check everything, and I think I might just make it for the job experience requirement with my freelance work experience on top of the time I worked for hire during the last few years. Gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope things go through!

Thanks for the tips! I've asked my family back at Argentina to check everything, and I think I might just make it for the job experience requirement with my freelance work experience on top of the time I worked for hire during the last few years. Gotta keep my fingers crossed and hope things go through!
Note that when the government ask for 10+ years experience, they really mean 10+ years experience. I applied with 9 years, 359 days and was rejected. After a week's contract work, I reapplied with 10 years, 1 day experience and sailed through the application process in no time.

JulianImp

Note that when the government ask for 10+ years experience, they really mean 10+ years experience. I applied with 9 years, 359 days and was rejected. After a week's contract work, I reapplied with 10 years, 1 day experience and sailed through the application process in no time.

Woah, that's one good tip! I'll make sure to check and re-check the numbers to see if they add up, since I'd hate to realise I end up running short by a few weeks only after I'm already deep into the process.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
If I ever experience something disastrous I'm sure my mind will change but for now I find the little tremors comforting for some reason. Let's you know the earth is alive through a little shake.

the worst thing in the aftermath of 9/11 was the aftershocks afterwards - because they were every few minutes or so

you just never knew if it was going to be another big one or not.

Aizo

Banned
I'm off to Kobe today! Can't wait to be in Chinatown. Better than Yokohama's?
Where's my fecking tag?
"Likes only 47 members of AKB"
"Knows how to spell Guinness"
"Spent all his money on Project Diva"
"Flirts while eating ramen"
"Afraid to talk to girls because of the Hatsune Miku in his pocket"

It's not up to me, though.

Desmond

I'm off to Kobe today! Can't wait to be in Chinatown. Better than Yokohama's?

"Likes only 47 members of AKB"
"Knows how to spell Guinness"
"Spent all his money on Project Diva"
"Flirts while eating ramen"
"Afraid to talk to girls because of the Hatsune Miku in his pocket"

It's not up to me, though.
生男

Jintor

Finally got my home internet hooked up. OCN left me on hold for 20 minutes then told me to enter my login/pw into PPPoE like I would've done at home. Damn my crap Japanese, I could probably just have read that in a half-second...

OH WELL

maszu

Neo Member
Hey Japan GAF! Question about buying/importing non-Japanese versions of PS4 games. I used amazon.co.kp for TLOU:R last time but I realised only bigger releases are carried by them. I'm thinking of grabbing Shadow of Mordor but I don't want to wait until December 12th for the Japanese release... any suggestions?

Also dat eruption.

I live 2 or 3 hours away. Didn't see any smoke or anything though...
*gulp*

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Outside of grabbing it from a city, I used to use yahoo auctions. You usually find someone/a store with stuff. I think I used hexagonny a few times.

scarlet

Japan GAF

I'm going to visit Japan again, but this time Feb 2015 for the snow festival in Sapporo

Any amazing things to do that only happens in winter?

I'm thinking of outdoor onsen.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I use that, is it wrong if I'm asking suggestion from people who live there? wow

I ain't gonna tell you where to post, but we finally have two threads to split the conversation up. People from this thread frequent there too so there's no reason to ask tourist specific questions in the non-tourist thread. I've only been to Hokkaido for the same reason so there's not much to say other than the same old shit.

Kazzy

Hey Japan GAF! Question about buying/importing non-Japanese versions of PS4 games. I used amazon.co.kp for TLOU:R last time but I realised only bigger releases are carried by them. I'm thinking of grabbing Shadow of Mordor but I don't want to wait until December 12th for the Japanese release... any suggestions?
*gulp*

You could use the likes of Playasia, though their pricing isn't all that great (but isn't a big deal if you're buying most games as they're released). Just be prepared for the quirks of Japanese delivery services! I've had situations in which I literally cannot be around to receive deliveries (unsociable working hours), and yet they refuse to let me use the signature release method.

m3r4

Dufter Typ taking lurking to the next level
trust me when you see what a real one can do first hand you wont like them anymore.

Well, I did experience the 3/11 one first hand in Sendai and have been to the affected areas a couple of times... and I still like the average 10 second wobbles. I guess I'm broken.

urfe

I got a busy October, but would be down for meeting in November in Tokyo (I know a good cheap place in Yotsuya) if others are keen.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I got a busy October, but would be down for meeting in November in Tokyo (I know a good cheap place in Yotsuya) if others are keen.

I can after November 10.

Desmond

I have to attend a meeting on the 30th of November in Tokyo. So I might be up for something on that Friday or Saturday.

Aizo

Banned
I've officially left Tokyo. I won't be living back there for around a year.
Back home now, and there aren't Japanese people. It's so weird...

Top Bottom