• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

chrono01

1-Screenshot_20161027-142810.png

Prolly not going in either :)
There we go.

That's a pretty decent pull! That accessory is really good, and the sword looks nice too. I know, a dupe of Loki hurts, especially now that they've added Hero Quests where you can (slowly) grind your own, but hey...saved energy!

Oh Valkyrie Connect is published by Ateam Inc. Rip.
Are they bad or something? From what I've seen/heard from those that played earlier titles from them (such as Unison League), they fully support their releases so it (shouldn't) be something that's dead in a year. Assuming VC catches on in the West, which I hope it does. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and it's not too taxing on my time either.

In-regards to Fantastica Bloodlines, I'll give re-rolling a few tries for a 5*, but I'm not terribly impressed with the game right now. It's fine enough, but I play enough of these gatcha games where something has to really hook me to get me to keep playing. VC, for me anyway, has that, but I don't feel the same way about Bloodlines. Maybe that'll change when I play a bit more, but I still have the Sword Art Online game from Namco Bandai to play so I want to keep a slot open for that.

My friends and I have recently picked up Valkyrie Connect. It seems to be the next thing we play for a while. Before that, we had Brave EXVIUS and Naruto, neither of which lasted particularly long. A couple still play them, but right now Valkyrie has the most of us playing at once. Previously it was Dokkan Battle, and before that, Unison League.

I'm also surprised Unison League didn't have a bigger GAF crowd. My friends and I had one of the top clans for the first couple months it came out, but we all pretty much quit after some shit happened in-game with some stranger from another guild. The game is still pretty good in my opinion. There's lots of customization and there's a lot of strategy that comes to play with all the different abilities and classes. I don't really have a desire to go back to it, though. I'd be outclassed, my luck in that game is terrible, and I just get some elitist vibes from people at the top now.

Valkyrie Connect doesn't seem like anything special. I definitely don't mind passive games, so the auto battle and current lack of any real strategy (from what I've seen) is not a negative to me. The game seems pretty generous with the plethora of diamonds and good rates. I think it's just fun grinding out your units to be as strong as they can be.

Dandte

Did another multi gor 2k

9 2* and the hallloween Girl. Yikes. Is it even possible to get more than one 3* per multi? ;_____;

chrono01

Did another multi gor 2k

9 2* and the hallloween Girl. Yikes. Is it even possible to get more than one 3* per multi? ;_____;
It is, I got four rainbow orbs in my second multi yesterday (Draculoki, Witch Idun, dupe Thor, Light Bow). It all comes down to luck, unfortunately. :(

But hey, getting a Halloween character is great! While Witch Idun might not be ranked as high as Draculoki, she's unique in the sense that she's a 3* base healer, and a damn good one at that. While she might not necessarily be needed now, she'll get a lot of use in future raids, not to mention Tower of Valhalla (when we get it). She's still sitting at an 8.5, which is great. Also, her model pleases me.

chrono01

It looks like DeNA pulled Fantasica Bloodlines from the US store.

What a shitshow of a launch.
Well, there goes my plan to re-roll a few more times today. Eh, I might not even bother, the game didn't appear to be anything special.

I wonder why they pulled it though. I can't see it being the connection issues, since they could have just pulled the servers and put up maintenance. Seems strange for them to remove the game completely from the app stores.

ReaperXL7

I'm not entirely sure what's going on with Fantastica Bloodlines but the servers are still up and running. I wonder if someone put it up on the US store before intended. I saw that with another game called Bloodlines which was a Brave Frontier clone with a Gothic Horror theme.

Dandte

18: Dream World soft launched on Android a few days ago. iOS later, a lot of UI later.

Heavy on Atlus inspiration thematically. Re-rolling for the Halloween guy is brutal.

Looks interesting. Since i'm IOS i guess i will use an emu to test it.

Apparently incompatible with every device I own. Not sure that's actually available yet.

A side scrolling shooter gacha game...looks...mhm dull?

Rixa

Downloaded 18: Dream world to Memu and got somewhat hooked it. Nice time sink, kinda similar to PAD and as others said in "Persona thematical world".

Rerolled once there (you need to dl 1.3gigs stuff so its not fun) until I got 5* able unit.
Dunno if its any good or not:
CTTEmily.PNG

Then I just played and made few summons without any major luck (yellow moons = 3* units, Purple 4*) from Halloween banner. Collected 5 gems and made one more from that banner.

Then I was wtf RED moon o_O o_O O_O

Suparare1.PNG
Moonwolf.PNG

Jeffrey

So besides brave frontier, are there any other gacha games with fixed rate ups rates regardless of base rarity of a unit?

that game spoiled me good.

Damn. What's the better of their current games, Mobius or Brave Exvius?
Record Keeper !
jp version. fudge crappy global.

So many SE mobile titles. A bunch not localized.
Are they just going cash grab at this point with whales during first week/month of product launch ?

Quonny

Damn. What's the better of their current games, Mobius or Brave Exvius?

Exvius has better gameplay when it needs it but Mobius has a far more fair gacha system.

Mobius, at least the western release, has the 'best' gacha of any I've seen. It's not the most generous, it's not the most stingy, but it hits a sweet spot of 'well, I don't NEED to spend money but I could', which is imo the perfect balance.

Dandte

Downloaded 18: Dream world to Memu and got somewhat hooked it. Nice time sink, kinda similar to PAD and as others said in "Persona thematical world".

Rerolled once there (you need to dl 1.3gigs stuff so its not fun) until I got 5* able unit.
Dunno if its any good or not:
CTTEmily.PNG

Then I just played and made few summons without any major luck (yellow moons = 3* units, Purple 4*) from Halloween banner. Collected 5 gems and made one more from that banner.

Then I was wtf RED moon o_O o_O O_O

Suparare1.PNG
Moonwolf.PNG

Looks really awesome. Installed it on Memu...damm i wish it would be out on ios.
Pulled twice the same 3* char, so i will reroll. Do you know how to summon the first banner stated for first week player?

According to their fb page, they only ait for apple to accept it, awesome!

phant0m

Exvius has better gameplay when it needs it but Mobius has a far more fair gacha system.

Mobius, at least the western release, has the 'best' gacha of any I've seen. It's not the most generous, it's not the most stingy, but it hits a sweet spot of 'well, I don't NEED to spend money but I could', which is imo the perfect balance.

Does Exvius just eventually reach a point of being impossible to progress without throwing money in the slot? I've been playing for a bit and the game throws so much lapis, exp and Gil at you that I really haven't needed anything yet. Even got a few 5* with the provided rare summon tix.

Caim

Looks really awesome. Installed it on Memu...damm i wish it would be out on ios.
Pulled twice the same 3* char, so i will reroll. Do you know how to summon the first banner stated for first week player?

According to their fb page, they only ait for apple to accept it, awesome!

I think the first beginner banner can only be pulled with paid gems.

Shoyz

If you want to reroll in 18: Dream World easier, you can do so with a rooted device.
Just go to (I believe it's) /data/data/com.gamesamba.eighteen/files/ and delete the SessionData.dat file. If you do, you can avoid the 1+GB data download, as well as skip the first tutorial stage and start right from the name entry screen.

Then, clear stage 4 and complete the three gem missions from the home screen (by tapping and immediately backing out, you don't need to do them), you'll have 8 gems for two premium summons.

It'll also allow Android->iOS transfers later, so don't have any qualms about starting now on an emulator.

Rixa

It'll also allow Android->iOS transfers later, so don't have any qualms about starting now on an emulator.

What is the method to back up account. Iam planning to download this to my Android phone too. Thus could log outside of home if I have extra time from Brave Exvius :p.

Dandte

I'm going to reroll for an 5* possible 6*. This game has, like most Gacha Games, a japanese original called 18 Dreamers. But i can't fnd any infos on tier lists etc.

MiTYH

I got a friend who dumped $800 last week on whatever the Digimon mobile game is. This thread title couldn't be more correct.

Oh man, now I'm mad we haven't heard anything about that game localizing. I played it when it first came out, it looked fun but I can never get into games I can't read.

That being said, happy the SAO Memory Defrag is coming... soon. I think by the end of the year?

18 Dreamers looks nice, hoping it comes to iOS soon so I can try it!

ReaperXL7

English version of SAO: Memory Defrag coming very soon possibly?

Tales of Link global is having a collaboration event soon to celebrate it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=363122120702339&id=253273628353856

Hope so, I really enjoyed the Japanese version but not being able to read or write Japanese made the co-op a pain.

I really enjoyed the action RPG based gameplay though and the boss raids are a lot of fun. Namco has also been pretty good about supporting the global versions of their games as far as I know, and it seems like they are trying to launch the Global versions closer to the release of the Japanese versions then most others do.

I'm going to reroll for an 5* possible 6*. This game has, like most Gacha Games, a japanese original called 18 Dreamers. But i can't fnd any infos on tier lists etc.
I found JP home page & Twitter, I guess I need to tweet them in English and ask JP tier list...

18 Homepage
18 Twitter page

Let's see if I get any answers tho.

Here you go.

In the future, the word you're looking for is リセマラ (risemara) which is the Japanese for REset MARAthon. Such pages will generally have a list of the best options you can get out of a reroll, as well as the method for doing it.

Rixa

In the future, the word you're looking for is リセマラ (risemara) which is the Japanese for REset MARAthon. Such pages will generally have a list of the best options you can get out of a reroll, as well as the method for doing it.

Thank you very much :). I usually use Altema.jp but couldnt find this game from there and as I don't speak any Japanese its kinda hard to start to look something :D.

Permanently A

Are there any F2P mobile RPG games where progression ISN'T locked behind gacha/RNG?

I absolutely adored the FB game Marvel Avengers Alliance because you could grind the currency to buy heroes and then just buy them. No gambling. No duplicates.

Does anything like that even exist anymore?

ReaperXL7

didn't memory defrag recently come out in japan?

pretty quick turn around.

Naruto also had a fairly quick turn around. I think for games where Bamco knows there is a built in audience in the west they seem to want to get them out faster.

Kind of sad because they have an awesome game that's similar to Terra Battle from Mist walker called VALHAIT RISING but I don't think they are going to bring that one west because it doesn't have a pre existing fan base.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=1NEBQXF5SJg

chrono01

Remember that Fantastica Bloodlines game? Yeah, me either.

Well, the company posted an update on their official forum:

http://forum.fantasicabloodlines.com/topic/5-crashes-and-network-issues/

"An additional update targeted to help remedy the connection and performance issues some people are still experiencing is scheduled to happen later this week/early next week. If that works as intended and players report noticeable improvements, it should be available in the app stores again 5-7 days after the update. Fixing these problems and getting the app back up is still the top priority for the team.

Thank you guys for your patience. We hope to get things moving along as soon as possible!"

So basically, you're looking at another week or so, possibly more than that, if the fix falls on next weekend. I don't know about you guys, but I've already lost pretty much all interest in the title. I'll probably just wait until Sword Art Online is released and play that one instead (since I'm dropping Dokkan Battle, due to spending 450+ Dragon Stones and getting nothing of use out of them all).

What a way to kill hype for your game.

Rixa

Remember that Fantastica Bloodlines game? Yeah, me either.

I haven't touched much for DeNA games (aside quick test of FFRK), but here is a Reddit user post about DeNA / FB and other stuff.

Fantastica Bloodlines: Word of Warning

Reddit user said:
Dear players,
most of you are probably unaware that this game's developer, DeNA Corp. are one of the most shady & fraudulent devs that ever existed.

DeNA is known for having a long history of games that got shutdown shortly after being released. Some examples are Super Battle Tactics and Deckstorm.

DeNA's latest game to be shutdown, Deckstorm, which will be terminated alongside Blood Brothers 2, has a story that is even worse.

The game was released in late July 2016 and the shutdown was announced less than 12 weeks after its release.
Suddenly, DeNA announced the shutdown on the 20th of October. The reason given for this was the liquidation of DeNA West.
However, it turned out that the liquidation of DeNA West was planned & known right from the start. DeNA's report at the end of the fiscal year in March 2016 confirms this. Yes, they knew the game would be shut down right from the start and before the game was even released.

The whole intention of Deckstorm was to milk players and disappear with their money. And this is what they do now. They are declining any refund request. You can make up your own mind on the Deckstorm Forums which will be shut down soon to get rid of the evidence. In addition, the scammed android users are fighting for their rights here . In vain, it seems.

Read the whole story from the link and think again do you want to start to play. Also check the comments, problem could be in the ex DeNA West branch, or not.

MiTYH

So DC Legends just launched on IOS/Android

http://toucharcade.com/games/dc-legends

You start with Hal Jordan (Green Lantern), Zatanna and I got Green Arrow from my first pull but I'm not sure if that's fixed.

Also got Batman early and they are giving away the Wonder Woman in the picture during launch week.

Hunh. I'm a sucker for DC/Marvel stuff so I'll give this a go.

EDIT: Reminds me a lot of Marvel Alliance.

Anyway, looks like it's fixed, I got Green Arrow too

linkent

So basically, you're looking at another week or so, possibly more than that, if the fix falls on next weekend. I don't know about you guys, but I've already lost pretty much all interest in the title. I'll probably just wait until Sword Art Online is released and play that one instead (since I'm dropping Dokkan Battle, due to spending 450+ Dragon Stones and getting nothing of use out of them all).

this kind of shit always happened.
keep your account and come back during this banner.

chrono01

I haven't touched much for DeNA games (aside quick test of FFRK), but here is a Reddit user post about DeNA / FB and other stuff.

Fantastica Bloodlines: Word of Warning

Read the whole story from the link and think again do you want to start to play. Also check the comments, problem could be in the ex DeNA West branch, or not.
Aren't Silicon Knights the actual developers, though? Regardless, thanks for the post!

The game isn't interesting enough for me to even want to re-roll, which is saying a lot. It'll be a pass for this one, it just doesn't appeal to me much. :/

this kind of shit always happened.
keep your account and come back during this banner.
Yeah, I'm pretty accustomed to not getting much in my gatcha games (usually), but Dokkan Battle has been exceptionally un-kind to me. It did give me Gogeta, a while back, as well as Majin Vegeta and Broly, but aside from that it keeps giving me SSR dupes of characters I already have (and I don't have that many), or new SSR that are literally worthless.

My plan is to just log in daily for the free items, and that's it (since it literally takes a second to do). I'm not sure if I'll ever go back though, the game is just too demanding for needing specific SSR 9and powerful ones at that), if you get unlucky with your pulls, there's not a lot you can do. :(

chrono01

I'm not sure if anyone here is still playing Valkyrie Connect or not, but Odin (and Mali) are now in the game. Odin is a special event summon (rated 9.5 on Altema, and SS tier), so he won't always be available. His rate isn't up, and likely won't ever be. Considering him akin to Dokkan characters in Dokkan Battle. Mani has her rate up though, and she's pretty decent (9.0 rated on Altema), but probably not needed if you have both Freya and Gullveig. No discount on the summon though, so 3k gems per multi-pull. :(

I did one multi-pull, and only got one rainbow orb out of it. I was disappointed...until that rainbow orb turned into Odin. So yes, I'm pretty happy right now. I didn't have Gullveig, so I needed him.

Top Bottom