• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Quonny

English trailer gives me hope.

Still 'playing' Valkyrie Connect, waiting on SAO, and willing to give Bloodlines another try when they reupload it.

Seventh Rebirth seems pretty bad. I thought that being able to walk around stages and the world map meant that they were going to do more with that stuff. Stages are basically the same as all of the other 3 wave gacha stuff; you can just sometimes skip battles. Same with the world map. It's just a waste of time. It would have been better if they just let you click on an area and go there like every other game...

Artstyle is really bad. All of the human models have the exact same face outside of the old man. Same facial expressions, same eyes and eye colors, literally the same....

Gameplay is the auto-attack with occasional special skills thing that a lot of these games are doing. I thought the chain system was going to be a bigger deal, but right now it's just boring and super slow.

Incredibly disappointing. P&D really does feel like a fluke when you look at everything else Gungho put out.

Just want to say, if anyone is interested in Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur (JP), now is time to get in.

The game is celebrating its 2nd anniversary and everyone will get free:
  • 75 Crystals
  • 100 MR Exp Cards.
  • 1 Free Seihai (best of the gacha cards) of your choice
  • 1 free pull of the new gacha

The current regular event is also quite easy to farm.

That is on top of all your usual newbie awards.

Flameraven

Neo Member
Crash Fever just came out this week in the US and it seems pretty good so far.

Music is dope, art and polish is pretty good too.

Seems to take a lot of inspiration from Monster Strike as far as gacha rates go (as in they are pretty generous). You get a bunch of free gems for playing multiplayer.

Any thoughts?

• 75 Crystals
  • 100 MR Exp Cards.

E9ChZy5.png

My wind and water are finally not ass anymore. Only took 2 years to fix that. Thanks game.

Also MMrare pretty good. Just gotta, you know, uncap them and all that jazz.

MiTYH

So this is like... mild-gatcha, but the YuGiOh game has softlaunched. And it's all in english

http://toucharcade.com/2016/11/18/yu-gi-oh-soft-launch/

Has premium currency to buy packs. I'm still going through tutorial stuff but it seems... interesting, if you like the game

EDIT: Various gifts include 777 gems, free Dark Magician and BEWD.

Each "pack" you buy for 50 gems, has 3 cards in them

Dandte

Seventh Rebirth seems pretty bad. I thought that being able to walk around stages and the world map meant that they were going to do more with that stuff. Stages are basically the same as all of the other 3 wave gacha stuff; you can just sometimes skip battles. Same with the world map. It's just a waste of time. It would have been better if they just let you click on an area and go there like every other game...

Artstyle is really bad. All of the human models have the exact same face outside of the old man. Same facial expressions, same eyes and eye colors, literally the same....

Gameplay is the auto-attack with occasional special skills thing that a lot of these games are doing. I thought the chain system was going to be a bigger deal, but right now it's just boring and super slow.

Incredibly disappointing. P&D really does feel like a fluke when you look at everything else Gungho put out.

I decided not to try it out. The artstlye is just bad.

And it looks like playmobil the game.
Just want to say, if anyone is interested in Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur (JP), now is time to get in.

• 75 Crystals
  • 100 MR Exp Cards.

The current regular event is also quite easy to farm.

That is on top of all your usual newbie awards.
Played the SEA version. Was really fun and inhad really good cards...don't know why i dropped it, iirc raidbosses looked the same with different skins.
So this is like... mild-gatcha, but the YuGiOh game has softlaunched. And it's all in english

Has premium currency to buy packs. I'm still going through tutorial stuff but it seems... interesting, if you like the game

Dammit, should i play the jap or australian version? My guess would be that jpn gets faster updates but i only knew older cards.

bjork

Been trying to give this one a go and I keep getting disconnects. It says they're staggering log-ins. Maybe I'll try later, but it seems ok. I just hope you can turn off all the talking and animations.

chrono01

Soul Reverse Zero launched in japan and it really looks promising.
I wish Sega would localize more of their gatcha games. Although, after Chain Chronicle, and them handing the localization over to Gumi, it's probably for the best.

It's a shame, since this one looks enjoyable, but there's no way I'll play the Japanese release when I'll miss out on a lot of the character/story elements. :/

Getting a bit burned out on Super Gundam Royal, which seems to be par the course for gatcha games after a major event ends and the rewards return to a trickle. But I finally started getting some nice drops from it, though many are just upgraded versions of old things they already introduced. ala getting a Heavy Arms Gundam with missle attacks instead of gatling gun attacks as the new 4 Star reward.

Also started playing Valkyrie Anatomia (Vaklyrie Profile game.) Got it when it was in pre-launch but never played it after the first area. Seems like they have some cool stuff going on in it but dont know how long I will stick with it with my limited Japanese.

Maybe will start rolling again with Final Fantasy Record Keeper as well.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Soul Reverse Zero just had maintenance despite launching and gave enough free gems for another full roll.

Yahoo.

Shadic7700

Woo just started Soul Reverse Zero and got Siegfried and Lancelot my luck with starting new gatcha games is still strong!
Edit: also what nice music very nice
BTW anyone know what the gatcha bellow the main one is with the 25>8 things is ?

Cruxist

Downloaded. I spent the initial 1500 gems on packs and pulled a Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon, which was pretty cool, but I only have 2 BEWD. Do you unlock more packs as you rank up? Is it a time thing and certain packs are only available for a certain period of time?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I played around a bit with that Soul Reverse, but I don't think it's for me. Just doesn't do anything new and doesn't have a strong IP draw for me.

ReaperXL7

Heads up for anyone interested, Gamevil just released a game that to my knowledge is supposed to be their version of Monster Strike called Knight Slinger. I know it's up on IOS but I'm sure it's available on Android as well.

Quonny

Still playing Valkyrie Connect. New bosses and loot every week, new characters or events every couple of days, etc. The chat is super active and everyone is constantly discussing pulls, strategies, characters, anime, games, whatever. I super dig it. Yeah the gameplay is basically non-existent but the gacha is incredibly generous (both in currency and rarity) and the whole meta is super fun.

Dunno. I'm really loving it.

And they rolled out global servers. Game is hopping with 700+ channels with people in all of them. Even dropped $4 to get the 300 stamina/day for a month perk.

MiTYH

Heads up for anyone interested, Gamevil just released a game that to my knowledge is supposed to be their version of Monster Strike called Knight Slinger. I know it's up on IOS but I'm sure it's available on Android as well.

I tried it on ios. It was... alright. Nothing wowed me, already uninstalled.

At this point, I'm just waiting on SAO Memory Defrag to come to global

commish

Star Ocean looks pretty good, but experience has told me that 3D gacha games aren't my thing. I just feel like they move too slowly in an effort to look great. I need fast gameplay because I don't have a lot of time each day to play these games. I'll still give it a try when/if it comes here.

Dandte

Yeah when I tried closed beta no emulators worked. :/

My only hope is iOS.

Well....you get 13000 ingame currency which is enough for 2 multis one weapon and you will get a 5 star from a special ticket...only problem is...eveytime i want to delete the game my iphone gets stuck when the apps are wobeling and i can only force a restart when holding the power button without anything else.

Edit: Solved my Problemand managed to get 2 5* (chance of 5%) from my multis...but i don't liked the characters..so i gave up the account.

Shouta

SO: Anamnesis works pretty well on my Nexus 5. It controls surprisingly good considering it's a 3D combat game.

The story has you getting attacked and getting your crew to evacuate. You try a warp slingshot around a red giant to get back to Federation but get sucked into some kind of phenomenon. You wake up on an unknown planet and meet the summoner girl Lish (sp?) who acts as your gacha, lol. Koro calculates you're 70,000 light years away from Federation space and you start your journey home. It's basically Star Trek voyager without Janeway.

They're super generous right now for rerolling. 13000 of the Symbol Stones and 1 Guaranteed 5 Star Unit and 1 Guaranteed 5 Star weapon are available as soon as you do the first battle tutorial. In addition, the 5-star rate is 5% in total, though the individual rates for chars is within that 5%.

I got Miki from my guaranteed 5-star roll and then pulled Darryl and Maria from my first 10 pull. Second 10 pull was a bunch of 3 stars. My 10 pull in weapons cave me a pair of Raven claws that none of my 5-stars can use, lol.

aitakute

Star Ocean doesn't work for me. Keep getting stuck at the downloading phase. 14/213 for 20 mins now. I'm in Japan. Also keep getting random connection error. No wonder it keeps getting bad rating on the store

Jeffrey

quit FFBE. wonder if there is anything else hot right now globally.

I'm seeing naruto is charting pretty well in top grossing in the US. How is that?

ReaperXL7

Here is my team after my pulls,

I can't remember who my leader is lol, still debating on wether I want to reroll. Team seems pretty solid so far so I might keep it.

Hard to decide wether I want to stick with the Japanese version of this since I think it's very possible this will be localized.

commish

quit FFBE. wonder if there is anything else hot right now globally.

I'm seeing naruto is charting pretty well in top grossing in the US. How is that?

Pretty surprised to see Naruto in the top 100, tbh. But then again, they just released a popular character that everyone wants, so I'm not surprised that the wallets are open.

IMO the game has the foundation to the one gacha to rule them all - relatively fun gameplay, great IP and characters, live multiplayer co-op, pretty good free characters (you don't need uber pay units to win), pvp tournaments, raids, relatively good supply of free in-game currency, etc. The devs are also taking steps to make the game more player friendly, e.g., reducing costs of some missions so characters are easier to level up. They've also introducing a "limit break" feature where older, less powerful characters can be upgraded to reach new heights of usefulness.

At the same time, there are a few negatives. While the game has live multiplayer that is well implemented, it kinda sucks because the game's community is elitist. Even for easy content, if you don't have the most uber character in the game, you will be kicked. I haven't played multiplayer in months because of this. The game's gacha can also leave a lot to be desired. Rates seem low, even for gacha standards, and most of the characters you get are simply useless. There's also not a huge variety of these useless characters, so it kinda adds insult to injury - not only do you get a useless character, but you will have 20 of them.

While I do generally enjoy the gameplay, the developers have been pretty slow with introducing new TYPES of content and additional story chapters. I feel like I've been doing the exact same thing since day 1, and each new "event" is basically exactly the same as everything else. There are many days where I just log in once and don't play. Additionally, the game doesn't require much strategy - pick your strongest characters and you'll win 99% of encounters. There's a LOT more thought involved in other gacha games, like OPTC. In most fights, I just set the game on "auto" and let it run its course.

At some point next year, Naruto could be at the top of the heap if the devs develop it right. The game just needs time to mature and grow.

Jeffrey

i actually ended up quiting FFBE purely because it was too involving lol. I realized i was spending hours a day on it like I was playing an actual mmo.

bjork

Gonna check out this Star Ocean game, because it sure does look nice.

I wish Shinobi Nightmare would get an english port. I thought that game was gorgeous, but I didn't want to wade through all the menus to enjoy it.

Quonny

Planned updates to Valkyrie Connect.

We know that a lot of players are hungry for more features and content in Valkyrie Connect, and we want to assure you that more is on the way soon! Stability will also be improved immensely.
New heroes and gear that will shake up battles are a given, and plenty of Connect Bosses are on the way too, but we've outlined some of the other coming features and events below! Note that ETAs are intended as rough references and are subject to change, and that screenshots are from the Japanese version of the game.

GRAND ARENA
ETA: Week of December 11-17
You'll fight opponents in a series of three battles using three different parties in this feature! The first one to win two battles is the victor! Strategic party formations are key here.Only players Lv 30 and higher can participate, so make sure you're ready by the time its available!

VALHALLA ONSLAUGHT
ETA: December
Progress through the tower of Valhalla by fighting against enemies of increasing difficulty with ALL your heroes for powerful and exclusive rewards! Damage to your heroes is carried over from battle to battle. You can heal all of your heroes by waiting for a cooldown or with Diamonds, but having a lot of powerful heroes will help you progress much more quickly. This event has NO stamina cost!

GUILD BATTLES
ETA: Early 2017
Work with your guildies to move forward through obstacles and enemy guild members! Get to the "guild crystal" at the end and destroy it for victory!

SCENARIO QUESTS
ETA: Early 2017
This is an event with a heavy focus on the story of characters other than Skuld and Hel. Certain heroes are especially effective here and have their stats boosted. Many stages also have special clear conditions. Complete the special conditions for additional rewards and special heroes!

Caim

I can't remember who my leader is lol, still debating on wether I want to reroll. Team seems pretty solid so far so I might keep it.

Hard to decide wether I want to stick with the Japanese version of this since I think it's very possible this will be localized.

Here is the tier list: http://imgur.com/a/Mglch

You have one of the top characters.

I really like the game so far, but I do wonder if there are plans to localize it.

bjork

I got the pink-haired girl in the second photo down. This game seems pretty cool, not too complicated to play and it looks nice.

Shouta

That's the exact same team I have right now, lol The character on the left slot is the one you can control. You can sent your rental char separate from this by checking their status screen and tapping レンタル in their portrait

Maria (blue-haired girl) is a top pull for the 5-stars out right now. She gives a 30% attack boost to your team as one of her skills and you take -10% damage as well because of her second one. She's also a ranged character which is easier to play.

Miki, the pinked-hair char, is the only 5-star healer right now and is pretty solid as a damage dealer as well. I have a 5-star staff that specifically increases her INT and gives her best damage skill a 20% damage increase.

Darril, your attacker, is lower than the other two mostly because his party skills aren't great. In battle, she should be pretty good though.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Both pulls gave me a single 4 star each and then the rest were 3. Literally uninstalled immediately after.

Ran surprisingly well on my 6p though.

chrono01

I hate that Sword Art Online is getting all of these Christmas-themed events/gatcha characters, while we're over here waiting for the game to be released. We'll probably get it in January, just after all of the cool stuff ends, and then have to wait a year before we get something similar. :(

I'm surprised Bandai Namco didn't try to push the game out prior to Christmas. It seems like a good time to have your game out there, with people likely receiving funds/gift cards that they could use on IAP.

Did it for the hell of it. The game runs really well too and doesn't look too bad. However I don't think I can possibly handle another gacha grindfest in my life, and still be alive anyway. FFXV is bad enough as it is.

Hiltz

I like GranBlue's art style, but I would really like to find a gatcha game fully available in English. I've tried getting into Puzzles & Dragons, but it got boring pretty quickly. I moved on to try out One Piece: Treasure Cruise and Naruto, but so far they each frustrated me with the constant re-rolling with crappy summons and tedious tutorials, so I gave up on them.

Top Bottom