• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

I like GranBlue's art style, but I would really like to find a gatcha game fully available in English. I've tried getting into Puzzles & Dragons, but it got boring pretty quickly. I moved on to try out One Piece: Treasure Cruise and Naruto, but so far they each frustrated me with the constant re-rolling with crappy summons and tedious tutorials, so I gave up on them.
.....GBF has been in English for a while now

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
any chance Three Kingdom Smash will get a translation ?
I don't think it has a chance since Monster Strike isn't a goldmine here.
I've been playing it for almost year by myself and I understand 95% of the mechanics; I just don't bother with learning the rest.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I like GranBlue's art style, but I would really like to find a gatcha game fully available in English. I've tried getting into Puzzles & Dragons, but it got boring pretty quickly. I moved on to try out One Piece: Treasure Cruise and Naruto, but so far they each frustrated me with the constant re-rolling with crappy summons and tedious tutorials, so I gave up on them.

I tried OPTC at launch and didn't last much beyond the tutorial. Tried it again a few months later, same.

Fast forward to a month ago, tried it again bc of the Dokkan crossover and now I'm hooked. Steep learning curve compared to the rest but so good.

GBF is Amazing but requires too much time IMO.

bjork

Gold Roger didn't become king of the pirates by re-rolling accounts. Also you can skip animations now and the tutorial is like ten minutes so idk dude idk

I hate that Sword Art Online is getting all of these Christmas-themed events/gatcha characters, while we're over here waiting for the game to be released. We'll probably get it in January, just after all of the cool stuff ends, and then have to wait a year before we get something similar. :(

I'm surprised Bandai Namco didn't try to push the game out prior to Christmas. It seems like a good time to have your game out there, with people likely receiving funds/gift cards that they could use on IAP.
They've just announced Global version to come out in early 2017.
Delay apparently due to them wanting to expand Global to more regions for multiplayer purposes.

GBF is just too sluggish for my liking. Didn't even run that great when i was vacationing in japan.
The mobile app ? It's horrible.
I love(d) the game, but app was always poorly optimized.
Probably why 90% of GAF play it on PC.

You can't fully consider it a mobile game, since I believe it was created moreso for browser app.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like the GBF mobile app is just a wrapper for the web app anyway.

That said, if they just made a dedicated web app, it'd be so much better... but I imagine they have no interest in doing so.

Quonny

Grand Arena launched in VC.

It's actually the first thing they've introduced that involves strategy. It's basically 3 of your teams vs 3 enemy teams. The thing is, the final team for the opponent is hidden, so do you put your best team first, second, or keep them hidden? Do you mix and match your strong units with your weak ones? People are still figuring it out.

The actually gameplay is still literally nothing, but I like this strategic layer.

Gran Blue

Great art style

weird ass combat system that im not a fan of

Brave Exvius has a hold on my soul. Exactly what I was looking for. Would love to see its design iterated on with more mechanics and an ATB system

MiTYH

FWIW I enjoyed GBF a lot. Got a number of SSRs and was doing well. Became too much of a grind though, and I waned interested from it

Currently rocking OPTC and Dokkan. Starting to get more into FFRK, it's very F2P friendly. I just need the time to find guides to figure out nightmare dungeons. Orbfest coming up will help, so that'll come into 2017 for me.

Those are my top3 games I think. Been playing Naruto on and off. Sometimes I'll find an event I love and grind it out fully like that 99luck 6* character. This week though, even though I was lucky to pull Minato, I just don't feel the energy.

Same with P&D. I log in daily to collect, do a run of something, and peace out. I've got a decent F2P box, but it's just... overwhelming at times.

Still excited for MemoryDefrag, sad it got delayed. I also really want Digimon Linkz or whatever to come to global, maybe in 2017? That'd be nice

Caim

EYMwFJp.jpg

I have no idea what type of game it is yet, but I'm guessing it is nothing like Stardust Shooters despite obviously having a gacha.

I think there is a chance it could come in English though.

Stardust Shooters has an english LINE version on the Singapore iOS app store although it is very far behind compared to JP ver. but still actively updates.

MiTYH

Valiant Force isnt out for US, right? I just got an email from them about pre-reg rewards, but the link is to the singapore itunes site

garath

Valiant Force isnt out for US, right? I just got an email from them about pre-reg rewards, but the link is to the singapore itunes site

I got the same email and on Google play it says not released for your country. Guess it's not out in the US yet.

bjork

A new Jojo game? The storyline from part 4 is almost done in Stardust Shooters, so maybe that's as much content as SS will get?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I feel like the GBF mobile app is just a wrapper for the web app anyway.

That said, if they just made a dedicated web app, it'd be so much better... but I imagine they have no interest in doing so.

I'm pretty certain that's exactly what it is, a wrapper for the web app. That's why the app never needs updating.

ReaperXL7

I got the same email and on Google play it says not released for your country. Guess it's not out in the US yet.

This is the second time I've gotten an email for my pre reg rewards and both times the game hasn't actually been out.

I tried asking on the devs Facebook page but all they have to say is to go to their forums to get information on how to get around the region restrictions.

Caim

A new Jojo game? The storyline from part 4 is almost done in Stardust Shooters, so maybe that's as much content as SS will get?

I really wonder what SS will do once the anime is for part 4 is finished? I play the English Singapore version and it's still following the part 3 anime with two anime episode missions that switch out every week. I think we're on Death 13 right now.

bjork

I really wonder what SS will do once the anime is for part 4 is finished? I play the English Singapore version and it's still following the part 3 anime with two anime episode missions that switch out every week. I think we're on Death 13 right now.

They could just consider it done and maybe give you some kind of bonus if you migrate your ID to the new game? When Konami shut down Crows X Worst V, you got a fame bonus if you switched over to Crows X Worst Dynamite, so at least it was something.

I just don't like playing games that aren't global or US. Will wait.
Why? It's fully translated into English. All you're doing is getting a late start on everything. Whenever it does launch globally they're not purging anything so there's really no reason to not play a game that's available already.

What kind of game is it
Grid based with different classes having class specific attack ranges, everyone has their own specific skills, and positioning is super important as some characters give off different boosts depending on if they're next to, or someone with their own skills is next to them. Here's a pic
valiant-force-quest.jpg

Valiant-Force-Battle-screenshot-1.jpg

I rather download it from store itself if possible since it's easier to handle version updates
edit: i guess i'll stick with this team. too lazy to reroll again. too bad the 5* ticket gives me dupe anne (what's the duplicate bonus btw?)
Whenever an update is available it'll tell you, all you have to do is download the updated apk manually, which is just a Google search away and you're good to go. I've only had to update once in the past month and a half.

Oh and the actual artwork is incredible. Almost as good as GBF.

Caim

I rather download it from store itself if possible since it's easier to handle version updates
edit: i guess i'll stick with this team. too lazy to reroll again. too bad the 5* ticket gives me dupe anne (what's the duplicate bonus btw?)

Getting a dupe is basically a limit break. All of their stats go up.

Quonny

I also have an iPhone, so apks aren't a thing.

Btw, is it confirmed to be global servers? Because I don't see that anywhere and that's a big assumption. Plus if they make the servers global 4+ months after launch in SEA the game will be an unbalanced mess.

Btw, is it confirmed to be global servers? Because I don't see that anywhere and that's a big assumption. Plus if they make the servers global 4+ months after launch in SEA the game will be an unbalanced mess.
No one knows for sure.
They did mention regional servers for JP and China, but nothing yet on EU/NA.
I'd wait personally. They said early next year for Global news.

Can you suggest me an android gatcha game that I can easily start? Already played P&D. On a Samsung galaxy 6 if performance matters
edit: never heard of jojo shooters. Is it good?

Caim

Can you suggest me an android gatcha game that I can easily start? Already played P&D. On a Samsung galaxy 6 if performance matters
edit: never heard of jojo shooters. Is it good?

Sorry I just saw this I'm currently mobile. There is an English LINE version of Stardust Shooters, but it is really far behind the JP version, but it is still updated regularly. I'm sure there is gameplay up on YouTube. It's really easy to play and progressing isn't all that hard. One neat feature is that there is no limit to how strong a character can become so if happen to pull multiple dupes of a character it's stats and skill will level up. I think it's a pretty good game with wonderful presentation, I really enjoy it.

I highly recommend One Piece Treasure Cruise if you haven't tried that yet. Probably my favorite gacha game along with FFRK.

Sorry I just saw this I'm currently mobile. There is an English LINE version of Stardust Shooters, but it is really far behind the JP version, but it is still updated regularly. I'm sure there is gameplay up on YouTube. It's really easy to play and progressing isn't all that hard. One neat feature is that there is no limit to how strong a character can become so if happen to pull multiple dupes of a character it's stats and skill will level up. I think it's a pretty good game with wonderful presentation, I really enjoy it.

I highly recommend One Piece Treasure Cruise if you haven't tried that yet. Probably my favorite gacha game along with FFRK.

thank you, I'll try that. Any other "must try"? I saw a lot here but all in japanese xD

Quonny

Just got word back from the peeps behind Valiant Force that they have not finalized whether NA/EU will be on a separate server than the others.

Yeah, I'm waiting.

Kumubou

Some posters on shmups.org have put together an English guide for Cave's shmup mobage, Gothic Wa Mahou Otome (ゴシックは魔法乙女). It's actually a rather well-made and decently successful mobile game if you're a fan of the shootin and the dodgin and the waifus. The guide includes instructions for side loading it on Android devices (iOS users need a JP iTunes account -- search the JP app store for 魔法乙女). There are a lot of random mechanic involved so it can be rather tough to get into, and the guide is a big help with that outside of all of the Guild events/battles (which happen in the late evening JST, so it's going to be rough on most foreign players unless you work some messed up hours).

Is there any chance that Fate game will receive English patch ala Granblue ?
I wouldn't count on it, as Type-Moon typically charges full freight for their licenses and it would be difficult for anyone doing a global version to make any money off of it. That and it's a near stone cold lock that the global version would be months (if not years) behind in content and would also be run like crap, just like most other global versions of Japanese mobile games.

That and the game is awful and you shouldn't be playing it in the first place.

linkent

think i dont have the patience for rerolling anymore lol. any decent gacha games that just give you a decent unit?

Both Dokkan Battle and Naruto Blazing is really easy to start now.
In Dokkan, you can start with 1 multi for chance of the best character in game.
A little bit more grinding through story for 2 additional multi for 2 more chances.

Naruto Blazing you can play till you get 130gems for 3 multi (last one will be a guaranteed 5* with chance to get more from those 3 multis)
After spending those you can "buy" one 5* of your choice from the medals you get for those 3 multis.

chrono01

Both Dokkan Battle and Naruto Blazing is really easy to start now.
In Dokkan, you can start with 1 multi for chance of the best character in game.
A little bit more grinding through story for 2 additional multi for 2 more chances.

Naruto Blazing you can play till you get 130gems for 3 multi (last one will be a guaranteed 5* with chance to get more from those 3 multis)
After spending those you can "buy" one 5* of your choice from the medals you get for those 3 multis.
+1

It's a great time to start either, really it's up to your preference.

Shouta

I've been trying to get Noctis in FFL2 but couldn't get him. I guess that's penance for getting Yuna when I restarted the game.

In other things, Star Ocean is still pretty fun and they give you so much currency in the game. It's really nice.

Incarmine

Banned
Close to getting my 6th Legend with DStones in Soccer Spirits.

That moment when you've played for so long treating those people with tons of ultra-rare units as either filthy whales or just inhumanely lucky, that they're aliens and people like them just don't exist, and suddenly before you know it you've become one of those people...

Permanently A

Found this game called Seven Knights which I find to be really refreshing because the progression system isn't solely based on getting lucky from RNG. You can trade in heroes you don't want for ones you do, you can farm shitty heroes and fuse them into good heroes, its just seems very friendly for F2P players compared to shit like Dokkan Battle.

What is Granblue Fantasy's progression system like? I'm also curious about that game.

BJK

Close to getting my 6th Legend with DStones in Soccer Spirits.

That moment when you've played for so long treating those people with tons of ultra-rare units as either filthy whales or just inhumanely lucky, that they're aliens and people like them just don't exist, and suddenly before you know it you've become one of those people...

Nice. I only have 2 legends right now (Duke + William; wish I had rerolled for one...), but I have ~1250 DStones right now. Trying to decide whether it's worth it to save for Jiho vs. getting one of the 900 DS legends now (Metatron for PvP, or Askeladd for PvE), and saving for Jiho when she drops in price.

LuuKyK

How long does it take to download FFL2?

Jesus it sure is taking its time. I hate that there is no way to track how much is left to download... I mean, would it be that hard to add a progress bar or something.

yuuki

Found this game called Seven Knights which I find to be really refreshing because the progression system isn't solely based on getting lucky from RNG. You can trade in heroes you don't want for ones you do, you can farm shitty heroes and fuse them into good heroes, its just seems very friendly for F2P players compared to shit like Dokkan Battle.

What is Granblue Fantasy's progression system like? I'm also curious about that game.

seven knight isnt really that unknown. i guess most of the people here know it.

Top Bottom