• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

chrono01

Yeah gameplay really needs to be faster. When you are playing a few of these games at once, you really appreciate things like "double speed" or just faster animating games in general. One of the reasons I play Dokkan less is because it can be a bit slow sometimes, especially with the map you have to traverse. I know an update is coming, though, that will speed it up. Looking forward to it.

Regardless, this new OP game is kicked to the curb. SAO is my next game.
I'll give TS a few more tries, but probably this.

Really excited for SAO, though.

Caim

http://unleashed.nexon.com/

Dynasty Warriors Unleashed open beta just started. Android only for now.

It seems like it works on emulators, but I'm only in the installation process atm its like 1-2GB?

EDIT: Works in Memu just fine, but the arrow showing you where to go is a little glitchy and cutscenes sometimes don't load.

MiTYH

Caved and started playing through OPTS.

It's... interesting. Worst thing honestly for me is the clunky design. Why do I need a loading screen to navigate between every single area? OPTC, Dokkan, etc are all pretty quick, but these are built in parts that should have no loading times, yet I sit and wait.

No rerolling since multiplayer/pre-reg bonuses aren't live, but I apparently got a good S-rank skill from the tutorial. I'll stick with it for a bit, see what comes when it's live. Might be a good "every other game has 0 stamina" game

EDIT: Also, seems like it's the same server as JPN, since the "Friday" missions are running today

casiopao

Hortensia Saga is having huge collab with Chain Chronicle there.^^ For those who wanted to jump in, this is like the best time guys.^^

sibarraz

Banned
Which are the best gacha games that are not confusing for non japanese speakers. Does the west store even have a good game?

For the little that I saw soul reverse zero was great bjt without japanese I will not ubderstand anything

Einherjar

http://coj.sega.jp/app/
This game was released today. It's a mobile port of a digital card game that's been in Japanese arcades for at least 2 years. I was a huge fan of this game, but I dropped the arcade version when I realized it's impossible to get cards from the latest expansion if you're f2p. In the mobile version you at least have the option of crafting cards with the ingame currency (at inflated prices, admittedly).

Holy crap, I thought I was the only person playing this in NA or something. Haven't seen anyone talk about it. Is there an english community for this game?

I've been really enjoying it, playing a red/yellow hybrid to counter the deck cycle meta. Made it to King rank in a bit under 40 games. This latest event is also kind of weird, 7 days to play 20 blue units and get 1 pack.

Holy crap, I thought I was the only person playing this in NA or something. Haven't seen anyone talk about it. Is there an english community for this game?

I've been really enjoying it, playing a red/yellow hybrid to counter the deck cycle meta. Made it to King rank in a bit under 40 games. This latest event is also kind of weird, 7 days to play 20 blue units and get 1 pack.
Wow king rank? I'm struggling to even hit J after a 100 games, which I'm aiming for the end of season rewards. Do you get more packs for hitting your rank?

Add my friend ID! 159 387 704

Did you ever play the arcade version? I played a blue/green deck there, but the card pool in the mobile version is so behind. I'm surprised by how broken the meta feels at this state.

MiTYH

Just an FYI that today at 2pm PST Nintendo's got a direct that should be covering the new Fire Emblem, which is heavily suspected to be a gacha game. First from Nintendo if true, I'd jump on that in a heartbeat (which reminds me, I should check in to see how phantom of the kill is doing...)

Been playing Duel Links a lot, enjoy it! It's been added to my list of OPTC, Dokkan, FFRK, and marvel puzzle quest (kinda gachaish). Those are my main games now, I've dropped a number back to just daily logins in case I ever get back to it (Bleach, Naruto, P&D, and KHUX)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Duel Links looks good, but I just can't put the time into it. Clash Royale and OPTC take up enough time as it is, along with Naruto and Dokkan.

And a FE gacha would bankrupt me. Love FE.

Dandte

If Nintendo really creates a FE Gacha my wallet will burn for Lucia, Ike and Lucina but my guess would be it would be a Weapon based Gacha.

If Nintendo really creates a FE Gacha my wallet will burn for Lucia, Ike and Lucina but my guess would be it would be a Weapon based Gacha.
I have no clue what to expect either, but it's pretty exciting.

Speaking of gacha though, I wonder if weapon-based pulls attract whales as much as a nice character art draw.

Dandte

Best Gacha Game Trailer ever

Let's pull...welp not my desired unit....let's pull more.

Also Lucina <3....but no ios at launch ;____________________;

chrono01

Well there it is
I'm already dead. >_<

I'm extremely pleased to see it be possible to level 3* characters from the gatcha to the maximum rarity (5*), as well as a discount for summoning multiple at a single time. Great stuff. The gameplay looks really addictive too, so much to do.

Damn, I need this now. I'm going to clear some time in my schedule for this one.

But yeah, when is it releasing on iOS? It seems to be Google-only at launch, which is disappointing. It's the reverse situation from Mario Run, but personally, I'm more excited for Fire Emblem than I was for Mario. :/

MiTYH

A FE gatcha game is going to destroy me, both in free time as well as funds. Damn.
I'm so excited!!!! It's everything I gotcha game has plus raids and oh my God Nintendo's making this so you know the server won't be closing anytime in the future

And it comes out so soon!!!! Did I miss it or was there no release date for iOS though

chrono01

I'm so excited!!!! It's everything I gotcha game has plus raids and oh my God Nintendo's making this so you know the server won't be closing anytime in the future

And it comes out so soon!!!! Did I miss it or was there no release date for iOS though
Nope, just "soon" for iOS. Shame, I have an iPhone and really want to play this. :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Fire Emblem...cant wait for it - im so in...lol.
Might drop some games for it. I can only play 1-2 Gacha games at a time.

MiTYH

If I can't play at work or on the subway, then it's a no go. I'll maybe create an account and log in daily and then transfer to ios (if that's allowed).
That's basically my plan as well. Normally you can transfer accounts just not gems. So I'll Reroll and get a hang for the game, stock up, then blow them all in inventory or something and transfer over.

Also I'm excited they all seem to be able to get to 5star rating. Of course that means 6 star rating is around the corner....

But honestly I'm pumped. This is coming out in TWO WEEKS! And a global launch which is possibly the rarest thing in the gacha world. This is just... 1000 times yes

cw_sasuke

Same.

I'm not sure which ones I'll drop, but I need to make room for Fire Emblem.

Yup, just from what we have seen today - it seems like it will be worth it getting invested with this game. Especially since so many Gaffers will be playing it as well.

Might be the first time im really pumped for a mobile game release tbh...lol.

And ill def. reroll in this game - no way im starting without a Top Tier unit lol. Though this will also be the first time we are all starting at the same time...so we wont have Tierlists and Guides from a jpn release - this will be fun.

Azusa

Yup, just from what we have seen today - it seems like it will be worth it getting invested with this game. Especially since so many Gaffers will be playing it as well.

Might be the first time im really pumped for a mobile game release tbh...lol.

And ill def. reroll in this game - no way im starting without a Top Tier unit lol. Though this will also be the first time we are all starting at the same time...so we wont have Tierlists and Guides from a jpn release - this will be fun.

Tier list in new gatcha games is very simple: roll any 5 star(max star) cute character.

cw_sasuke

Tier list in new gatcha games is very simple: roll any 5 star(max star) cute character.

Even between 5* there are different tiers...well anyway im excited for it. This should be fun.

Caim

FE summon orb prices:

U3B4x5a.jpg

And ill def. reroll in this game - no way im starting without a Top Tier unit lol.
Been a long while since i've rerolled for anything.
I didn't even bother with some of the latest mobile releases.

This game though...
Gotta prepare dem multiple emulator windows. :eek:

Although I wonder how deep the mechanics will be for your typical mobage, or if they're going for a really casual approach.

chrono01

So iOS is getting FE Heroes on Feb. 2nd after all, alongside the Android version. \o/

Edit: Beaten as badly in posting, as Kellam is at getting noticed.

Jeffrey

Really curious how they will manage difficulty balance. Never felt like the series as of late are too skill based unless you are messing with rng manipulation.

Not sure if you can do a raid boss without really changing up FE gameplay.

linkent

OH MAN! Can this day get any better?
It gets worse for life, wallet, and most of all Battery.
Not sure how you squeeze all those games.

Gonna try both, not sure about FE.
Gacha Strategic games simply took too long for each battle.
Remember Phantom of the Kill?

Hopefully the loadtime is good.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
2017 is looking good for Japan players
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SzxFxIT.png[/IMG]
Only put things I'm very interested in (Sorry Jojo/Zoids/Toukiden) and are further along pre-reg so no Cygames/Bravely Default and Animal Crossing is missing of course.

chrono01

Yeah, I don't envy our free time, that's for sure.

As for the pace of the battles in FE Heroes, thankfully they looks be a lot faster. It helps that the battles are only one screen wide and not as massive as they are/were in PotK. Not just that, the army-size seems a lot smaller too, and I have full confidence the battles themselves will be a lot quicker-paced too.

But yeah, the length of some of those battles in PotK was insane. I dropped that one pretty quickly.

commish

That's my exact concern. It can be a great game but I rarely play one gacha game at a time. If it's too slow I'll have to pass, despite loving the IP. Glad to hear SAO is coming. Need to ditch Naruto or Dokkan I guess. Well just back burner.

linkent

Yeah, I don't envy our free time, that's for sure.

As for the pace of the battles in FE Heroes, thankfully they looks be a lot faster. It helps that the battles are only one screen wide and not as massive as they are/were in PotK. Not just that, the army-size seems a lot smaller too, and I have full confidence the battles themselves will be a lot quicker-paced too.

But yeah, the length of some of those battles in PotK was insane. I dropped that one pretty quickly.
Good to hear that it is fast paced.
Certainly need auto battle and skip animation for it.

That's my exact concern. It can be a great game but I rarely play one gacha game at a time. If it's too slow I'll have to pass, despite loving the IP. Glad to hear SAO is coming. Need to ditch Naruto or Dokkan I guess. Well just back burner.
Dokkan is getting exciting in Jpn also new WT in Global. Hopefully can refresh abit.

Naruto on the other hand is just collect character and grind to 99 lucks. (And dreadful LBing)
The game mechanic need to spice up abit.

MiTYH

2017 is looking good for Japan players
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/SzxFxIT.png[/IMG]
Only put things I'm very interested in (Sorry Jojo/Zoids/Toukiden) and are further along pre-reg so no Cygames/Bravely Default and Animal Crossing is missing of course.

Ahh another hunterXhunter not coming globally.....

Fantasy Life Online. I enjoyed the 3DS version. Chances of this getting global release?

commish

Dokkan is getting exciting in Jpn also new WT in Global. Hopefully can refresh abit.

Naruto on the other hand is just collect character and grind to 99 lucks. (And dreadful LBing)
The game mechanic need to spice up abit.

Yeah excited for new WT. Naruto does need new mechanics but I just love those characters so much. Dokkan characters are boring by comparison. I'll probably backburner them both tbh. OPTC, Clash Royale and SAO or FE going forward. We will see. Too many good ones to play!

Top Bottom