• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Uthred

Re-rolling for an hour or so and nothing yet, decided to play for a bit. Fun so far, more actiony than I expected, especially on boss battles. Made it to chapter three to discover there's also a weapon gatcha? Nothing like two different sources of RNG ;) I think I might push on with one account on iOS until I get 250 crystals and re-roll on android in the meantime.

Jeffrey

4 rerolls and got my first 4* with lighting flash asuna.

to keep or not to keep...

for an actiony game that is kinda skill based how important is a top tier unit anyways?

Hubb

4 rerolls and got my first 4* with lighting flash asuna.

to keep or not to keep...

for an actiony game that is kinda skill based how important is a top tier unit anyways?

Well considering I've been rerolling since it has come out and still haven't gotten a 4*...

I'm pretty much going to give up.

chrono01

For those rerolling if you want to save a little bit of time the girl you see when the pull animation starts will have gold sparkles around her face while smiling. That seems to be the 4* indicator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypGAUMiehT0&feature=youtu.be&t=20s
Yeah.

Closed-Smile = 2* with a chance of 3*
Open-Mouth Smile = 3* with a chance of 4*
Open-Mouth Smile + Sparkles = 4* guaranteed

Edit: Also, still no 4*. Holy hell, for 4% this seems really low. I must be on my 30th re-roll by now, and two pulls per re-roll. That's six multi-summons. :/

Kettch

Yeah.

Closed-Smile = 2* with a chance of 3*
Open-Mouth Smile = 3* with a chance of 4*
Open-Mouth Smile + Sparkles = 4* guaranteed

Edit: Also, still no 4*. Holy hell, for 4% this seems really low. I must be on my 30th re-roll by now, and two pulls per re-roll. That's six multi-summons. :/

I was wondering if the tutorial pull had a higher 4* percentage due to removing 2*s from the pool, but it sounds like probably not.

Definitely gonna keep doing 2 pulls per reroll then, since the first takes about 4 minutes and the second takes 2 minutes.

By the way, the regular gacha lists the rates for characters. 4% for a 4*, 0.31% for a specific 4*.

This is the first time I've played an english gacha game that actually lists rates, so I'm tempted to support the game for that alone.

chrono01

I was wondering if the tutorial pull had a higher 4* percentage due to removing 2*s from the pool, but it sounds like probably not.

Definitely gonna keep doing 2 pulls per reroll then, since the first takes about 4 minutes and the second takes 2 minutes.

By the way, the regular gacha lists the rates for characters. 4% for a 4*, 0.31% for a specific 4*.

This is the first time I've played an english gacha game that actually lists rates, so I'm tempted to support the game for that alone.
Yeah, it's always nice when they release the actual rates. I wish more gatcha games would do that (on Global).

Pulled a 4 star seven from the initial gacha. Looks like she is a healer...should i keep her and heal gar im koop?
I did the same, haha. She's a great support, but a horrible start. She has abysmal health/defense, but as you said, she heals and her later skill is a pretty powerful AOE.

As for me, I saved a transfer code and continued re-rolling. If all else fails, I'll go back to her.

Dandte

Yeah, it's always nice when they release the actual rates. I wish more gatcha games would do that (on Global).

I did the same, haha. She's a great support, but a horrible start. She has abysmal health/defense, but as you said, she heals and her later skill is a pretty powerful AOE.

As for me, I saved a transfer code and continued re-rolling. If all else fails, I'll go back to her.

Yay Sisters in arms!...whait...that sounds wrong...on the other hand most females in mmorpgs are men anyway, haha. (Loved my dragon girl in ff xiv)

Might do the same for yuki and silica but gaf needs healer!

Stider

Well, finally got a 4* Rain. Debating whether to continue or not. Did get to chapter 3 and got a 4* mace from the free draw so I might keep it.

linkent

Didnt know we can get 4* from initial roll.
I think after more than 20 rolls now, got 4* Agil :(
and then another 3* Agil from the 25gems.

T_T

They just launched the Hortensia Saga Global server, so if you've been waiting to play, now is a good time. It should be available in your App Store, at least it was for iOS (Canada).

Thanks ! Unfortunately it's not up on the french Play Store and i can't find a global apk on Google. Do you know if the global version is up for Android too ?

linkent

Seems like there are multiple English server for SAO.
EU/NA/Asia.

Should we all play at NA server?
Someone should make an OT :D

linkent

Finally able to get a Silica in SAO. How do we tell what server we are on?

for IOS, it depends on which store we download from.

for Android, if installed from APK, the files ending with AS/NA/EU for asia NA EU respectively.

or check with root explorer. com.bandainamcoent.saomdXX (NA/AS/EU)

Dandte

Wait what, there are different servers? Which means as an eu gaffer i have to reroll on the us server to olay with you guys? ;____;

Uthred

Different servers are annoying, seems I was re-rolling on the EU one. On Android they're different apps so you can have both the EU and NA version installed, double the re-rolling!

Dandte

Different servers are annoying, seems I was re-rolling on the EU one. On Android they're different apps so you can have both the EU and NA version installed, double the re-rolling!

I now have the us and the eu installed on my iphone. Hopefully it won't take to take to long to get seven or one of the two melee girls.

You guys are making me recall that 11 x 10 pulls I did on special Halloween gacha that netted me ZERO 4* in JP version.

I hope RNG is nice to you all post-tutorial pull. >.>

Kitoro

I got 4* Kirito on my tutorial roll. Using the other free 4* Kirito and Asuna, I think I'm just going to barrel through the content and save for newer, better 11 pulls when updates come around.

linkent

Finally 4* Seven.
Wanted Silica but will settle for her.
Healer + Mage is my usual preferred type anyway.

was from my free roll too!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally 4* Seven.
Wanted Silica but will settle for her.
Healer + Mage is my usual preferred type anyway.

was from my free roll too!

Yeah I got my 4* from the free roll and just saved my other roll. I want to roll on a weapon because why not. Is there a friend system in the game? Can we add each other?

Top Bottom