• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

chrono01

I played this so long ago. This question made me google a video and now I am watching an excited lady open tons of envelopes, I am getting nostalgic!

You are probably correct, but at the beginning of the game, a perfect combo should suffice for an S-Rank of the early story stages. I remember having most of them S-ranked before I got a my first full team of SR, and not even idolized.
That game was really fun.
Yeah, I still play it, haha.

I have 550 Love Gems saved up for Devil Nico, who'll be releasing in a few days. If I don't get her, I'll probably be quitting. I've been playing since launch (Rank 254) and I've only obtained one UR over the entire time, and I spent a bit on it. The rates are just horrible (1% for a UR? Seriously?).

The game is fun, especially if you love the series (which I do), I just don't know how much longer I can dedicate to it with so many other gatcha games having been released (or will release soon, such as Fire Emblem). Something needs to go, so that's the one on the chopping block for me. :(

Caim

https://gamewith.jp/gamedb/prereview/show/1180?from=ios

Some more info on Opera Omnia:

There is no stamina system and multiplayer will be implemented in the future.

It's similar to FFRK in that you pull for gear and the rates are 5% for 5* gear.

You unlock characters as you progress through the chapters.

This is who you have in Chapter 1:

c895506a63bb2535cec4ba2c5d9ce2ce.jpg

EDIT: The game is live, but heavy traffic causing crashes.

Rixa

I downloaded One Piece: Thousand Storm global. Sad thing is that its really laggy at the moment. Good thing is that you get 35 gems at the start of game and rerolling is kinda fast (I didn't reroll tho), 5 gems per pull.

So if one is interested to play White Cat Project styled combat, it might be good time to do account to OPTS and just log in daily (after rerolling) and wait for the devs to fix laggy & janky game.

StereoVsn

So reading about FE Heroes kind of makes me want to try a Gatcha/Mobile game for a change. I normally avoid F2P games like a plague.

What's considered to be a good game with fair F2P system that's more akin to a regular JRPG, whether Turn Based or RTwP that has a good story/itemization and battle system? MP isn't necessary but CO-OP would be good.

Seems there are a lot of options but it's hard to judge before playing a few hours I would think and at that point I would just go back to one of the FF or DQ ports.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone interested in my SAO account with Silica? I'm just not going to have time to play this game going forward.

MiTYH

For those not following the obscenely large FE Heroes thread, it's now officially out in NA, both google play and app store

ReaperXL7

Opera Omina is too good, the boss music is too hype.

I quite like it too, I'm currently rerolling for a five * 2 hander since I found out you get access to dark knight Cecil in chapter 2 and that's what he uses.

I was surprised though to see that it seems like it's getting destroyed on the IOS ratings. I'm assuming that it's because rates for 5* weapons are so low but I'm not sure since I can't read Japanese.

Most of the reviews for Opera Omnia seem to be complaints about technical issues.

I'm enjoying it a lot. Might stick with it instead of FE Heroes since that game is turning out to literally just be a watered down version of regular FE (they made sure to include the random stat growth though...). Just makes me want to replay the real thing, which is their intent I suppose.

Jeffrey

Fe might be the slickest game of the genre. Pretty much no stutter or even load times.

Still a hefty battery drain though. Wonder if this can ever be addressed for this genre lol.

ReaperXL7

Finished normal on DFFOO, hurry up and come Lightning, nobody wants Squall. :/

Eww Lightning...give me Rosa instead.

I'm having a tough time on chapter 3, I can't figure out how to open the gates. I have cleared the whole map so far and unlocked Edge and Yuffie but the rest of the gates won't unlock. Reddit has a pretty solid guide but the one thing it doesn't have is how to unlock the gates. I've have to figure it out though because I've gotten almost all of the 5* weapons at this point so far which means there is no way I'll be switching to any eventual global version.

I think in general this might be my favorite mobile FF tie in game that Square has done so far, really curious how it will evolve.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Eww Lightning...give me Rosa instead.

I'm having a tough time on chapter 3, I can't figure out how to open the gates. I have cleared the whole map so far and unlocked Edge and Yuffie but the rest of the gates won't unlock. Reddit has a pretty solid guide but the one thing it doesn't have is how to unlock the gates. I've have to figure it out though because I've gotten almost all of the 5* weapons at this point so far which means there is no way I'll be switching to any eventual global version.

I think in general this might be my favorite mobile FF tie in game that Square has done so far, really curious how it will evolve.
Gates are pretty easy to decipher in 4 and 5, can't remember what 3 usually were. I think back then the most common was killing a certain fodder enemy enough times. You should start recognizing the names of the characters though since some gates open with certain level restrictions. You probably noticed that the side battles have had a certain character that needed to be in the battle to clear that third achievement thing.

ReaperXL7

Sounds like you're not heeding my advice. Top one is probs, get that side character near you, bottom is lv 7 Type 0 girl you started with.

lol I'm trying, admittedly this is the first time I'm sticking with the JP version of one of these games. I found a good list of FF characters with their Japanese and English names side by side so that should make it easier.

1upsuper

Hello, everyone. I'm looking for recommendations for a gacha that's good in short bursts and isn't a large time commitment. I always stayed away from this genre because I thought they were too predatory and not very game-y, but I gave Fire Emblem Heroes a shot and I'm really enjoying it. I don't have a lot of free time right now and FEH fits into my life really well. I'm still into that one, but now I'm curious to see if there's anything else out there that appeals to me. I'm not opposed to spending a little bit of money here and there, but not much.

I looked into Granblue but it looks like that one is too much of a commitment for me. It looks like a lot of the popular gachas are Final Fantasy themed, but I'm afraid I'm too burned out on FF right now to try them. Is Puzzle Dragon a good gacha? I quite enjoyed the 3DS release. Is there a large discrepancy between the US and JPN mobile versions? I don't have any real attachment to One Piece or Naruto, and I think there are gachas associated with those IPs as well.

Thanks for your input!

linkent

Try Terra Battle.
It is the least predatory Gacha game i have played (at least few months ago).
Play like FEH.

One Piece Treasure Cruise is currently having sugofest(you can only get certain 5* on sugofest)
You will have to do a bit of rerolling for a legend to enjoy it more. imo.

yuuki

also if you liked FE:H you may want to look at Phantom of the Kill. in many regards it fells like a more complete Fire Emblem

ReaperXL7

So what's everyone's primary games currently? The ones I'm playing the most are Dissida, Crash Fever (which has a lot more going for it then I initially thought), Hortensia Saga, and a one I just recently found called Goddess Kiss.

Goddess Kiss is pretty solid even if I have some issues with it, if your into Waifus it's definitely got that in spades with most of the girls having a variety of costumes you can collect and their own individual mechs they pilot that you upgrade seperately from the ladies.

I have a few more but I mostly just log into them for the Dailys at this point.

chrono01

If I were you, I'd stay as far away from Phantom of the Kill as possible. :/

But yes, the other recommendations are solid! Bleach Brave Souls is a lot of fun, as well.

garath

So what's everyone's primary games currently? The ones I'm playing the most are Dissida, Crash Fever (which has a lot more going for it then I initially thought), Hortensia Saga, and a one I just recently found called Goddess Kiss.

Goddess Kiss is pretty solid even if I have some issues with it, if your into Waifus it's definitely got that in spades with most of the girls having a variety of costumes you can collect and their own individual mechs they pilot that you upgrade seperately from the ladies.

I'm still playing granblue fantasy almost a year later. It's pretty great. Very deep and very good progression model.

I also just started Mobius final fantasy. I'm really liking it but we'll see how it looks once the honeymoon period is over.

yuuki

if oyu like goddess kiss you may also like panzer waltz, which is f2p game without any gachas. you can get all units through playing spending money only speeds up the research you need to unlock higher tiers.

MiTYH

Currently playing:
OPTC- Still #1, but so many stamina refills and lack of box space is hurting my desire to play this current event. New Fortnight is soon and skillup event in a week, so that'll help
DBZ Dokkan- Taking a kind of break to just login, but new event tonight I think which, again, will help
FFRK- Still playing every now and then
SAO- Enjoying it at a casual pace
YuGiOh Duel Links- Enjoying it, but slowing pace since the event just ended
FE Heroes- Enjoying at a casual pace
Pokemon Duel- Fun, but I doubt I'll be playing it for much longer

Caim

God Eater Online has released.

Not sure if there is an APK up yet, but you can find the game under Bandai Namco in the JP stores and probably QooApp.

EDIT: It looks like Hunter X Hunter: World Hunt is out too, but I'm late by a few days it seems.

The name of the app is World HuntforJP so maybe we'll see a localization?

Jeffrey

Is there a worse feeling than 'new batch release!' time and you realize this newest batch of weapons/units are mediocre?

it's that eternal struggle of 'I don't want power creep, but I won't summon if its not power creep'.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm glad Mihoyo's new game is getting a lot of dls. The graphics are nice and even when it has the annoying virtual joystick for movement, their homing-on mechanic removes an over-reliance on actually using it in combat. Couple that with a Bayonetta-lite-like battle system and it's a pretty fun game.

yuuki

I'm glad Mihoyo's new game is getting a lot of dls. The graphics are nice and even when it has the annoying virtual joystick for movement, their homing-on mechanic removes an over-reliance on actually using it in combat. Couple that with a Bayonetta-lite-like battle system and it's a pretty fun game.

which game?

Top Bottom