• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Li Kao

What are the best arpg on ios ? I've got a hitch for something like Future Fight but it looks like there are quite a number of those.

Azusa

On my playtime Ive seen twice Monkey quest (Treasure Island) to pop up.
Those Treasure Island pop ups are so rare. You have some time (30min -1h depending quest) to do it as many times as you can. Choose highest strength enemy fleet you can clear, put it to 3x speed and guide it manually.

Cant you create an OT for this game and add some hype? I'll try it later. I remember that this game is very popular in japan.

EDIT: Actually no. I tried the game and UI is a mess.

Quonny

Haven't found a gacha game I like. I was actually really into Valkyrie Connect but it got way, way too RNG for me to keep playing.

When the best weapons in the game are from a limited time event and the only way to get them is limited RNG, no thanks.

Now I'm back to my idle games like Final Taptasy. pls need gewd gacha

yuuki

Haven't found a gacha game I like. I was actually really into Valkyrie Connect but it got way, way too RNG for me to keep playing.

When the best weapons in the game are from a limited time event and the only way to get them is limited RNG, no thanks.

Now I'm back to my idle games like Final Taptasy. pls need gewd gacha

tried astral stairways?

Rixa

Cant you create an OT for this game and add some hype? I'll try it later. I remember that this game is very popular in japan.

EDIT: Actually no. I tried the game and UI is a mess.

Sorry :/ Iam not so much hyped myself. I try to avoid spamming in this thread.
I mean I play around 1-10min per day that game. It could be huge time sink but Ill take it casually.

bjork

Tried a little War Pirates today. It seems okay, but I'm still in the very early fumbling around process. I pulled some 5* lady with tentacle hair and she seems decent, still building boats and applying swabbies, etc.

chrono01

Since One Piece Thousand Storm recently got a stability update, and the fact that I love the IP so much, I figured I'd give it another try. I downloaded it yesterday and, since the Mihawk Fame Event is currently on-going, spent the day re-rolling for his ability card in the gatcha. After not getting a single one, after many (MANY) re-rolls, I checked Reddit and came upon this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thousandstorm/comments/5yuyk5/update_on_get_a_refund_because_of_mihawks_sa/

How is this even legal? Seriously. This is why I hate gatcha games that don't state the percentage chance for specific drops. Knowing Bandai Namco, he IS in the gatcha, but he's set at a ridiculously low rate that makes it virtually impossible to actually get him (0.0001%). Or, as many suspect, the gatcha is truly bugged and obtaining him isn't possible, which explains why not a single person (anywhere) has gotten a copy of him yet. I'm most upset at Bandai Namco's response of "don't blame it on the RNG", when it's clear (with the stats provided) that something is seriously wrong with the "rate-up".

It makes me glad I never invested anything into this game prior (time or money-wise), as I just downloaded it again tomorrow. I see no reason to waste my time on something that's so obviously shady.

bjork

Been playing more War Pirates, and I like it but: does it just randomly crash for you guys, like ALL THE TIME? I'll play like 30-45 minutes and it'll crash at least twice. I lost a recruit pirate once to it, and some of the story stuff when awakening guys too. It's annoying, I hope they fix it.

chrono01

Any re-roll guides or anything for this? Only did the tutorial but seems to give you two SSR from the start at least.
Re-roll for favorite waifu. Same as any gatcha game!

(I'd kind of like to know if there was a starter guide too. I've searched but have found nothing so far. :/)

casiopao

Hortensia Saga is going to get collab with Shingeki no Kyoujin series. So anyone who love the series should prepare to jump in there.^~^

chrono01

So it seems like SR can evolve to SSR in Innocent Bane, the current highest rarity. It makes me wonder if there are any SSR-exclusive characters, or if you can upgrade all of them from their SR tier. It'd be great, if so.

Quonny

Did some more research. Innocent Bane seemed to launch in March, 2016 in Japan and is already shut down and was shut down in June of the same year. The official Twitter was deleted and the official website errors out.

Ded gaem

chrono01

Did some more research. Innocent Bane seemed to launch in March, 2016 in Japan and is already shut down and was shut down in June of the same year. The official Twitter was deleted and the official website errors out.

Ded gaem
Well then. :/

I just found out that all characters can be evolved from R to SSR, so you don't need to pull them in their latter form. Not like it matters though, with the game already being dead. Shame, it seemed decently-fun.

Ded gaem

Well that sucks, maybe I'll still try it out for a bit.

Well then. :/

I just found out that all characters can be evolved from R to SSR, so you don't need to pull them in their latter form. Not like it matters though, with the game already being dead. Shame, it seemed decently-fun.

Ok, thanks for the info, guess I won't worry about re-rolling or anything due to the state of the game I'll just go with whatever.

yuuki

Ded gaem

source?

yuuki

Innocentbane.jp, twitter searches for the game in Japanese, App Annie's listing for the Japanese game on the App Store, so on.

the game seems to be from korea through. no idea if the game is still running there.
Alas it seems like DMM was the publisher in japan. the devs itself still seem to develop the game but dmm shut it down in japan i guess?
From there official site they also claim:
"Rather than create a game that is barely played by a million people, we wish to create a game that captures the attention of ten thousand people.

A gamer doesn't need 100 different types of games,
just a single game that leaves an influential mark.
FINGAR wishes to create that special, single game."
But this is more then likely just marketing.

http://www.fingar.co.kr/EN/

edit they seem to run over line now: https://innocentbane.game.line.me/

Caim

Bravely Default is currently in pre-play right now so it still hasn't launched, but you can do the tutorial and reroll right now.

Kitoro

Ded gaem

What did they expect when simply ripping off the tired Monster Strike formula?

It blows my mind that almost every gacha game is just some sort of variant of the Match-3, Auto-Battle, land simulator, Pull-and-Release, card battle, or 3D isometric brawler variety.

No one's innovating, and everyone's imitating. I'm hoping we get something truly fresh, and soon!

yuuki

What did they expect when simply ripping off the tired Monster Strike formula?

It blows my mind that almost every gacha game is just some sort of variant of the Match-3, Auto-Battle, land simulator, Pull-and-Release, card battle, or 3D isometric brawler variety.

No one's innovating, and everyone's imitating. I'm hoping we get something truly fresh, and soon!
like i mentioned before, it wasnt the dev who shut it down it was dmm. The game itself still runs fine with line in korea.

chrono01

I wonder if SinOAlice is releasing soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI04ZtgY0X0&index=1&list=LLXV3o2Q5NhhM5B7KVbyNi3Q

Compilation of all the trailers subtitled in English.

The music so far is incredible, but they still haven't shown any gameplay yet.
God yes, PLEASE! I need more Yoko Taro in my life.

Edit: Never mind, I thought this was an official translation by SE themselves. Damn it, now I'm depressed. I just know this one won't be leaving Japan, but with Nier Automata's success, there might be a chance?

...Probably not. :/

MiTYH

The Dynasty Warriors game released yesterday globally now (was soft launched). Seems interesting enough, but goddamn that 2gb initial install

Lorpe

Neo Member
So, i'm looking for a gacha not so heavy performancewise since my phone jsnt that powerful.
Looking for something similar to puzzles n dragons, terra battle, etc

Wanna give granblue a try is It Worth It?

yuuki

So, i'm looking for a gacha not so heavy performancewise since my phone jsnt that powerful.
Looking for something similar to puzzles n dragons, terra battle, etc

Wanna give granblue a try is It Worth It?
A Like PAD:
Crash Fever-
Not really like PAD :
Innocent bane, astral Stairways, reborn monster (seems like a really nice game), Potion Maker, Sid Story, villain Rush, orbit legends

Petrae

The Dynasty Warriors game released yesterday globally now (was soft launched). Seems interesting enough, but goddamn that 2gb initial install

Bit the bullet and installed this. I'm having fun with it, despite the simplification, but HOT DAMN does it eat battery. Haven't spent any cash (and probably won't), but it's a quick/fun way to get some Musou on the go.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I've installed it and it seems pretty fun. But there seems to be a lot going on ...

Top Bottom