• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

yuuki

Also out on iOS (at least, in Canada).

Thanks, I might try it out! Art looks cute, at least, and it's nice to see an Ultra Rare be guaranteed on each third multi-summon.
the rates seem decent too. i got an ur on my first free pull. but then again that one could have been a 100% UR

chrono01

the rates seem decent too. i got an ur on my first free pull. but then again that one could have been a 100% UR
Definitely not guaranteed, but they don't seem too bad. At least re-rolling is fast through an emulator (1-2 minutes), gonna try for two UR.

Edit:

There we go.

Cerberus (Fire UR, Damage to all enemies + lowers speed)
Hera (Dark UR, Recovers Party HP)

As well as:

Fire Sprite (Fire SR, Raises own Speed)
Vulpis Ignis (Dark SR, Removes all party Debuffs)
Ravendi (Dark SR, Lowers all enemies' Speed)
Scholar Abe (Dark SR, Lowers all enemies' Attack)

I guess it's time to start. Not sure if I'll stick around, but wanted a two UR beginning if I do.

Ken

I got Hera in the tutorial summon and then Zeus and dupe Hera in the 10 pull.

I really like the presentation, UI and art. Not super into the sprite animation but probably cause the tutorial has you attacking without weapons. Also undecided on the level up-synthesis system.

Also Fenrir is whew~

chrono01

I got Hera in the tutorial summon and then Zeus and dupe Hera in the 10 pull.

I really like the presentation, UI and art. Not super into the sprite animation but probably cause the tutorial has you attacking without weapons. Also undecided on the level up-synthesis system.

Also Fenrir is whew~
Yeah, got Fenrir a few times. Wanted to keep her for her art alone, but she only came in my single UR pulls. Well, that and I wanted at least one attacking UR.

Hopefully, I pull her again eventually. As you said, her art..."whew".

Rixa

We have Discord channel Mainly for BE but there are FEH and now also FP channel. Come to discuss about Fallen Princess.

Screenshot_20170402-125154.png

Ken

Yeah, got Fenrir a few times. Wanted to keep her for her art alone, but she only came in my single UR pulls. Well, that and I wanted at least one attacking UR.

Hopefully, I pull her again eventually. As you said, her art..."whew".

did you do any thunder god pulls in ffbe makoto

wilstreak

Wow, i just knew that there is Dynasty warrior game. Any character tier list for rerolling purpose?

Just out of curiosity, what is the most egregiously predatory/expensive/whale-oriented gacha ever?

Granblue is one of the most favorite game to be whaled. Actually it is one of the main reason why Japan create a law around f2p game.

Funnily you can't get strong just by spending cash since it rely on grinding to make stronger team. And the developer is pretty generous with free energy and crystal (point for Gacha).

Kitoro

Fallen Princess is cute, but at the end of the day, it's just another convoluted and shallow auto-battler, as far as I can tell from my 40 mins of experience.

1upsuper

Wow, i just knew that there is Dynasty warrior game. Any character tier list for rerolling purpose?

Granblue is one of the most favorite game to be whaled. Actually it is one of the main reason why Japan create a law around f2p game.

Funnily you can't get strong just by spending cash since it rely on grinding to make stronger team. And the developer is pretty generous with free energy and crystal (point for Gacha).

I see. Thank you. I heard it was grind-heavy but not that it was whale-y.

Rixa

Cosmic Break Adventures was just released for the US
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vudICAscyw
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobirix.cbss&hl=en

This is may be a for a limited time, but for the first summoning ticket you get for free, they're allowing you to reroll as many times as you like within a week. So you have to use the ticket and make a decision within 7 days.

Just got to find a tier list.

Interesting, if you find some info please post it here.

chrono01

Cosmic Break Adventures was just released for the US
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vudICAscyw
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobirix.cbss&hl=en

This is may be a for a limited time, but for the first summoning ticket you get for free, they're allowing you to reroll as many times as you like within a week. So you have to use the ticket and make a decision within 7 days.

Just got to find a tier list.
Damn it, all of these new gatcha games!

Cosmic Break Adventures kind of reminds me of Mega Man Battle Network. I'm very interested. I'll have to give this a try.

chrono01

Been playing a bit of Cosmic Break Adventures, and it's okay. Nothing super amazing, but fun enough. I'm not sure I'll stick with it, but I do recognize a few of the VA in the game and that's always nice. Graphics look relatively sharp too, and I don't hate the character designs.

As for re-rolling, I found this list:

https://matome.naver.jp/odai/2145692011452829201

It includes a few event characters, which apparently aren't available yet. Just ignore any with a date attached to them.

Anyway, I re-rolled and settled on Lunastasia. She was one of the "recommended" ones in the re-roll list and I love her skill (hits target, as well as any above/below/behind them). I also love AOE skills, and her stats seem pretty balanced. I also enjoy her character artwork.

Rixa

Made 10 pull in Fallen Princess, 8x 2*, 2x 3* -> Delete.

Been playing a bit of Cosmic Break Adventures, and it's okay. Nothing super amazing, but fun enough. I'm not sure I'll stick with it, but I do recognize a few of the VA in the game and that's always nice. Graphics look relatively sharp too, and I don't hate the character designs.

It includes a few event characters, which apparently aren't available yet. Just ignore any with a date attached to them.

Anyway, I re-rolled and settled on Lunastasia. She was one of the "recommended" ones in the re-roll list and I love her skill (hits target, as well as any above/below/behind them). I also love AOE skills, and her stats seem pretty balanced. I also enjoy her character artwork.

Thanks for the tier list. I started before your post. Grabbed some healing tank, then pulled with ticket 4* healing tank. Noticed that they weren't so great. New account and looked that list and made some rolls before I got this:

Sino - Ex-Road (Google translation)
Screenshot_20170405-153952.png

Played and cleared 1-10 got ticket and pulled 3* tank (Gyastar). Cruised til 2-10, cleared it and grabbed another gacha ticket. Pulled this:

Seiko Fu (Google translation)
Screenshot_20170405-164036.png

After 3 pulls my party looks like this:

Screenshot_20170405-175524.png

Atleast in this game you need to think a little bit, thus you can't auto (which is good). "Victory" 3* you get from clearing some chap 2 stage.

chrono01

Thanks for the tier list. I started before your post. Grabbed some healing tank, then pulled with ticket 4* healing tank. Noticed that they weren't so great. New account and looked that list and made some rolls before I got this:

Sino - Ex-Road (Google translation)
Screenshot_20170405-153952.png

Played and cleared 1-10 got ticket and pulled 3* tank (Gyastar). Cruised til 2-10, cleared it and grabbed another gacha ticket. Pulled this:

Seiko Fu (Google translation)
Screenshot_20170405-164036.png

After 3 pulls my party looks like this:

Screenshot_20170405-175524.png

Atleast in this game you need to think a little bit, thus you can't auto (which is good). "Victory" 3* you get from clearing some chap 2 stage.
Nice, congrats on that 2x 5* account!

Yeah, I like the battle system here. Some of it is still mindless, but there's a bit of strategy in knowing where to place specific characters, as well as when to do it (to manage your resources). There's also activating your skill to concern yourself with, and I love how the waves are handled (they just roll in without needing to constantly load/switch screens). It all feels very fast, which I appreciate.

I am worried about the gatcha situation, though. I noticed that it costs A LOT of gems to pull 10x (300 of them, in fact) and it doesn't seem like you get them at a very constant rate. There's the limited "beginner gatcha", that only costs 150 gems, but it's only around for a week or so post-account creation and I'm not sure I'll have enough in time to use it. Not sure on the rates either, I see no way of checking which characters are pullable through each gatcha as well as the rates for doing so.

Sorry about your Fallen Princess luck, but I still like how every failed multi-pull in that game gets you one step closer to a guaranteed 4*. I wish more games did that. The battle system in FP feels a little slow for my liking, though. Originally, I thought I didn't have 2x speed on, but then I noticed that I already did. I do like the story, and the humor is great, I just wish combat was a bit faster.

Kettch

I picked up a second 5* with my 4-10 ticket. Not the best from what I can tell, gives auto-attack immunity to the unit in front, but I'll take it.

Either we're getting a bit lucky, or the rates aren't complete trash.

Think I should probably be able to save up the 150 gems for a 10 pull in time. 98 at the moment, with about 2/3 of the time left. Rank ups still only take about 2 fights, but even if that stalls I could probably finish a couple time attack missions.

Rixa

Nice, congrats on that 2x 5* account!

I am worried about the gatcha situation, though. I noticed that it costs A LOT of gems to pull 10x (300 of them, in fact) and it doesn't seem like you get them at a very constant rate. There's the limited "beginner gatcha", that only costs 150 gems, but it's only around for a week or so post-account creation and I'm not sure I'll have enough in time to use it. Not sure on the rates either, I see no way of checking which characters are pullable through each gatcha as well as the rates for doing so.

I picked up a second 5* with my 4-10 ticket. Not the best from what I can tell, gives auto-attack immunity to the unit in front, but I'll take it.

Either we're getting a bit lucky, or the rates aren't complete trash.

Think I should probably be able to save up the 150 gems for a 10 pull in time. 98 at the moment, with about 2/3 of the time left. Rank ups still only take about 2 fights, but even if that stalls I could probably finish a couple time attack missions.

Thanks. That 150 Gem 10 offer is valid 72h from start of your account. At first day I made 100 gems. I have played til end of 4-10. Every new stage clear gives you 2 (or 3) gems. Every rank up gives 3 gems. Edit: No it does not give. So its doable, not easy.

300 Gems for next 10 pulls feels steep but dunno how generous this game is with gems. I think PVP is weekly and you get some gems from there. Prolly later on harder to get cause playerbase gets larger.

Looking missions I noticed that there are few that handle "Raid". Sofar haven't seen anything about Raid.

chrono01

Damn it. This game looks so good. I love the music, I love the characters, I love the VO, and I'm sure I'd love the story (with Yoko Taro behind it). Gameplay also looks fun too.

I just know this won't be localized though, since it's not Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts. Maybe SE will take a risk and release it here, with all of the positive buzz surrounding Nier Automata? We can only hope.

I really...really want to play this and, while I could download it from the Japanese app store, I'd be missing out on a lot of the story/dialogue (which, honestly, I'm probably most looking forward to). This has the potential to be something great, I just have a feeling it will remain Japan-only. :(

Rixa

CBA devs just gave 3 Gacha tix for an "Apology of troubles".
-> Not sure if they are there for every Rerollers or not.

I think it might be due to game freezing in early levels (before 1-4) and thus one loses 2 Stamina per freeze.

Iam at 147 Gems, I should get 10 Gems more later today when I finish Time Battles in 3rd planet. After that its time to do that 150 Gems 10 pull.

Dandte

I'm currently at world 2...got a 5*healing robot from the free tickets. Aside from that all others tickets were 3*. Maybe i should reroll for a better start.

I played the dynastiy game and had fun with it, but i don't have time for fast action gaming on mobile. But it was really fun and the characters look awesome.

Rixa

I'm currently at world 2...got a 5*healing robot from the free tickets. Aside from that all others tickets were 3*. Maybe i should reroll for a better start.

Definitely if you get those 3 Gacha tix, Not sure what the gacha % is. One either needs alot of dupes to limit breaks or somehow get lb frogs that have 50% chance to lb.
My 10 pulls:
Screenshot_20170406-190705.png
Screenshot_20170406-190713.png

Screenshot_20170406-190733.png
Screenshot_20170406-190747.png
Now to see what I actually got.

how do I read that tier list??

Just choose one whose look you like :). You can reroll as many times as you want. I pulled so long that some unit (Shino Exroad | Google translate -> Sino · Ex-Road) from first page emerged and started with it.

ok so basically any character from that page is good to go?

chrono01

Definitely if you get those 3 Gacha tix, Not sure what the gacha % is. One either needs alot of dupes to limit breaks or somehow get lb frogs that have 50% chance to lb.
My 10 pulls:
Screenshot_20170406-190705.png
Screenshot_20170406-190713.png

Screenshot_20170406-190733.png
Screenshot_20170406-190747.png
Now to see what I actually got.
Holy shit, that ten-pull. O_O

I'm up to World 5 right now and still only have my starter 5*. If I don't get 1-2 5* with my first ten-pull, or with the apology tickets, I'll be re-rolling (especially if the tickets are available to re-rollers, in which case I'll re-roll until I get two 5* from the start and just go with it).

how do I read that tier list??
Basically what Rixa said. Pick your waifu and go with it. :)

Dandte

i Did 25 rerolls and only got 2 accounts with double 5*. A trash one and a good one with the cat like fighting robot und rouce (is she is written like that). Tesl donna was the most often pulled unit. Also i got a few halloween themed units. The unit i originally started with (Lunastasia.) was my least pulled unit.

chrono01

i Did 25 rerolls and only got 2 accounts with double 5*. A trash one and a good one with the cat like fighting robot und rouce (is she is written like that). Tesl donna was the most often pulled unit. Also i got a few halloween themed units. The unit i originally started with (Lunastasia.) was my least pulled unit.
Yeah, I really like Lunastasia. Every re-roll I do I'm going to make sure to get her first, I've really grown to like her.

When you're re-rolling, how far do you go? Do they give you the 3x gatcha apology tickets to all accounts? I just used them on my primary and, as expected, no 5*. At this point I don't think I'm even going to wait for the 150 gems. I'm at 100 now but I don't really want to put more time into this account when I'll likely be scrapping it. :/

Kettch

4 5* on my 10 pull. 2 of them dupes, which is probably a good thing. Kinda sad that they're all mid/rear units though. Gonna have to rely on Shiiiiiiine.......MAGE for tanking.

Dandte

Yeah, I really like Lunastasia. Every re-roll I do I'm going to make sure to get her first, I've really grown to like her.

When you're re-rolling, how far do you go? Do they give you the 3x gatcha apology tickets to all accounts? I just used them on my primary and, as expected, no 5*. At this point I don't think I'm even going to wait for the 150 gems. I'm at 100 now but I don't really want to put more time into this account when I'll likely be scrapping it. :/

You will get them as soon as you start the game and you can use them right after the initial gacha pull at chapter 1-4

Yaari

Can't wait for SINoAlice. looks amazing. Hope the gameplay is as good as the presentation looks like, from the limited stuff I've seen.

chrono01

4 5* on my 10 pull. 2 of them dupes, which is probably a good thing. Kinda sad that they're all mid/rear units though. Gonna have to rely on Shiiiiiiine.......MAGE for tanking.
Congrats to you too!

I wonder how long the apology tickets will be there. I might wait and see what I get on my ten-pull before I re-roll...

You will get them as soon as you start the game and you can use them right after the initial gacha pull at chapter 1-4
That's what I wanted to hear! So four pulls per re-rolls, including the one you get for clearing 1-4. Not bad!

Can't wait for SINoAlice. looks amazing. Hope the gameplay is as good as the presentation looks like, from the limited stuff I've seen.
Yeah, I'm pretty excited for it. I just hope they release it in NA. :/

Rixa

CBA players, 3rd daily login gives 12 Gems so keep this in mind when calculating your chances for 150 gems before 72 hour time limit comes.

chrono01

CBA players, 3rd daily login gives 12 Gems so keep this in mind when calculating your chances for 150 gems before 72 hour time limit comes.
Thanks for the info!

Anyway, I decided to re-roll today until I managed two 5* from my initial four pulls. I got Lunastasia again, as well as Melfie. I'm trying to grind out the 150 gems for the ten-pull before I decided to settle on the account, but damn it's tough going. I'm currently up to 5-2 (been doing the story mission non-stop, but now I've hit a roadblock where my characters aren't strong enough to clear the maps. I could always dial it back to the highest level map I can reliably clear, farm that (raising my character levels as well as rank) and keep trying, but it's so slow! I wish they made it easier to get the initial 150 gems, especially with the gatcha only lasting three days, but they probably want to encourage people to open their wallet to get the gems needed. Not to say you can't make the grind yourself, but it's not exactly fast. :/

Rixa

Thanks for the info!
I'm currently up to 5-2 (been doing the story mission non-stop, but now I've hit a roadblock where my characters aren't strong enough to clear the maps. I could always dial it back to the highest level map I can reliably clear, farm that (raising my character levels as well as rank) and keep trying, but it's so slow

Rather than grinding highest battle you can to raise your rank, do all planets to 3 stars (Iam having hard time in Planet 5). You get 10 Gems per planet when the whole planet is 3 starred. Noticed that getting 2* Zero Fighter to max LB gives additional Gacha Ticket (I have now 4 Tickets, will save them for future).

Edit: Its only 10 per planet and you need to have 3 stars to every battle. Thus Hard & Timed modes to be done.
Don't afraid to use Missiles or Clock, you get plenty of them.

chrono01

Rather than grinding highest battle you can to raise your rank, do all planets to 3 stars (Iam having hard time in Planet 5). You get 10 Gems per planet when the whole planet is 3 starred. Noticed that getting 2* Zero Fighter to max LB gives additional Gacha Ticket (I have now 4 Tickets, will save them for future).
Oh really? I thought it was just ten for clearing all of the timed missions, but you get an additional ten if you do the hard modes too? Nice, well that gives me another outlet for gems! I guess I'll focus on doing that, then. Thanks!

Edit: Never mind, you need to clear hard mode to unlock timed missions. There goes the idea of going through em' quickly, haha.

What should I focus on in Cosmic Break Adventures? For now I'm just simply doing the story levels. What does the grey "material" robots for? Also what about the cubes? How do you get them?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Found this on Monster Strike's Reddit and found it nifty since gacha games were so inconsistent on the issue and nobody gave a straight answer before.

"EVERY Japanese game with a gacha has to have one of the 4 to be legal.

- One roll cannot go over 100x of real money (aka a roll taking in 5 Orbs cannot be worth over 500yen).
- Max estimation of an IAP item/character is worth 50,000 yen (It will take at most 50,000 yen to get so and so)
- Show percentage of specific hatcher pools (ex. getting a 5* is 10%)
- Show percentages of specific hatcher chatacters (ex. this monster has a 1% rate)"

chrono01

Can you expand in rerolling with an emulator? I can't find a reroll guide for this game
Sorry for the delay.

For the Android emulator, I used Nox on the PC. Basically, install the app through the Google Plays store and then enable the root directory of Nox (it's in the settings). Start the game and skip everything (it only takes a few minutes until you can do your gatcha rolls). If you don't get what you want, close the app (make sure to go into settings in Nox, go to Apps, and Force Close Fallen Princess) and then go into the File Manager and then find the app data for Fallen Princess (I can't remember the exact string, but it's data.data.aki something, IIRC. Then go into there, delete Shared Pref folder (not sure if it's needed, I did it anyway) and then the .dat file (it's located in a different folder, but I can't remember which one sorry :/). Once you delete both of those, launch the game again. Rinse/Repeat.

On the subject of CosmicBreak Adventures, I finally got enough for my 150 gem pull. My starters were Lunastasia and Melfi. I got 3x 5* in my ten-pull, Jikun Hu being one of them. The other two were generic robots and not waifu robots, but they're still 5* so I'll take em'.

Really not sure how I'll get the 300 needed for future pulls, though. I can see the gain of them slowing down a lot, once I finish the current content, and it gets more difficult to rank up. :/

Yaari

Sorry for the delay.

For the Android emulator, I used Nox on the PC. Basically, install the app through the Google Plays store and then enable the root directory of Nox (it's in the settings). Start the game and skip everything (it only takes a few minutes until you can do your gatcha rolls). If you don't get what you want, close the app (make sure to go into settings in Nox, go to Apps, and Force Close Fallen Princess) and then go into the File Manager and then find the app data for Fallen Princess (I can't remember the exact string, but it's data.data.aki something, IIRC. Then go into there, delete Shared Pref folder (not sure if it's needed, I did it anyway) and then the .dat file (it's located in a different folder, but I can't remember which one sorry :/). Once you delete both of those, launch the game again. Rinse/Repeat.

On the subject of CosmicBreak Adventures, I finally got enough for my 150 gem pull. My starters were Lunastasia and Melfi. I got 3x 5* in my ten-pull, Jikun Hu being one of them. The other two were generic robots and not waifu robots, but they're still 5* so I'll take em'.

Really not sure how I'll get the 300 needed for future pulls, though. I can see the gain of them slowing down a lot, once I finish the current content, and it gets more difficult to rank up. :/

Nox has a great script recorder too. It can pretty much record all your rerolls and then you can just let it do it automatically. I've used it a ton for both FE Heroes and Bandori

chrono01

Nox has a great script recorder too. It can pretty much record all your rerolls and then you can just let it do it automatically. I've used it a ton for both FE Heroes and Bandori
Indeed, really useful program!

It's even better, since this is/was the only Android emulator that I could get to work properly on my PC. I use it for all of my re-roll needs now, so nice.

Top Bottom