• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Azusa

So is fate go a wallet burner or grinder or both?

Its not p2w as ANY servant can be useful. No need to look for tier lists and try to roll OP unit as you can clear every event/story mission with any 5*/4* servants. The most important is just to have servants with correct class. I didnt have any problem to clear every event in the past year and I didnt spend on gatcha at all.

Its not a grindfest like in Granblue or any auto-battle korean mobages. But sometimes you want to grind events to get all mats for your servants. Most things in game are limited and you cant just grind anything you want whenever you want. Some things you can get only during specific events. But I didnt see any problems to get mats for my servants when I needed it.

Its not p2w as ANY servant can be useful. No need to look for tier lists and try to roll OP unit as you can clear every event/story mission with any 5*/4* servants. The most important is just to have servants with correct class. I didnt have any problem to clear every event in the past year and I didnt spend on gatcha at all.

More to the point, it's important to know how your Servants interact and how you can create teams that Do Things. For example, Casters take extra damage from Riders... but there are a lot of cases where you may well want to take a Caster into a fight with a bunch of Riders anyway, because a lot of Casters provide really great party buffs, and if you can finagle some protection for them, they can make things a lot more manageable. Or you might want to take Lancer Elizabeth into a fight with Sabers, since she provides one of the best offensive buffs in the entire game. It's that sort of thing - it isn't like, say, Granblue where you almost always want to throw correct-element teams at a problem. There's a lot of room for getting creative with team composition to clear content.

The game can be a bit of a wallet-burner in that they try to sell rare characters on aesthetics as much as anything and really would like you to roll on the super rare 5*s, please and thank you, but they are under no condition necessary. That's a core part of the design of the game - if you just care about putting together a neat team and aren't as chuffed about chasing specific characters due to personal preference, the game is very playable as an F2P player.

aitakute

No one is playing Another Eden? I think it's pretty great. It's not an online multiplayer type of game but more like a traditional JRPG with gacha system for characters. All contents are for single play only for now but the amount of contents is pretty decent with LOTS of side quest and all of them have interesting story too. The main story is decent with time travel element. There are some super hard optional bosses in the game too. Just think it like a handheld game and enjoy it.

No one is playing Another Eden? I think it's pretty great. It's not an online multiplayer type of game but more like a traditional JRPG with gacha system for characters. All contents are for single play only for now but the amount of contents is pretty decent with LOTS of side quest and all of them have interesting story too. The main story is decent with time travel element. There are some super hard optional bosses in the game too. Just think it like a handheld game and enjoy it.
Excellent mobile game.
Finished it a few days ago.
There's not much post-game though, since they fully focused on releasing that mobile jrpg experience.
Music and art are really good.

Random pics I took:

6WvAWkx.png

...and that damn cat.

rQu2WLv.png

Jeffrey

i dont know what i want out of a gacha game anymore lol. It's just so hard to get invested mentally and financially in a new one.

Don't have the tolerance or time to reroll anymore lol.

aitakute

Excellent mobile game.
Finished it a few days ago.
There's not much post-game though, since they fully focused on releasing that mobile jrpg experience.
Music and art are really good.

Random pics I took:

...and that damn cat.

rQu2WLv.png

I keep hearing about the post game. I'm only at chapter 14 for now. Did they really finished the story so soon? There is nothing so far about that damn cat though. He just keep following you and no one says anything about him. Also, what level should I have for chapter 25? My characters are at around lv 50 right now

I keep hearing about the post game. I'm only at chapter 14 for now. Did they really finished the story so soon? There is nothing so far about that damn cat though. He just keep following you and no one says anything about him. Also, what level should I have for chapter 25? My characters are at around lv 50 right now
Level 50 at Ch.14 ? Damn high for that point.
Endgame for current story is about lvl ~54. :eek:
How'd you grind that up without the last few Hard mode dungeons ?

Anyway, about story:
Ch.25 has a finale and ending, but right after that Ch.26 starts which is more of a "to be continue" without a main quest.

aitakute

Level 50 at Ch.14 ? Damn high for that point.
Endgame for current story is about lvl ~54. :eek:
How'd you grind that up without the last few Hard mode dungeons ?

Anyway, about story:
Ch.25 has a finale and ending, but right after that Ch.26 starts which is more of a "to be continue" without a main quest.

I keep grinding Hard dungeon for mats. The highest lv map I can reach is the castle with lv 40 enemies. By the way, do you use story characters?

I keep grinding Hard dungeon for mats. The highest lv map I can reach is the castle with lv 40 enemies. By the way, do you use story characters?
Only robo-girl healer for a while.
I got lucky and pulled 5* healer afterwards.

Better to use 4* from pulls anyway, since evolving story characters isn't really feasible early on.

casiopao

Anyone here play Venus Eleven Vivid?^^ It is a simple female soccer simulation team which is quite fun in collecting all the waifus lol.^^

aitakute

Just started Another Eden here.....this is not a gacha game? Still haven't meet up with a gacha moment here.
It'll take around 30 minutes to reach the gacha part. Guaranteed 4 star character

Hell no. Just replace Ciel (arrow girl) by Suzette (spear girl) for frontlines.
Ciel has best buffs for a 4*, but honestly that 5* Mariel is more than enough to heal/buff finale.
Well Suzette's level is still low so...

If I recall it just takes awhile to get there, I'm guessing its to discourage rerolling.

This game doesn't need rerolling though. You can get enough gem to roll later. Also 4 star characters are good too.

jengo

So burned out on gacha, but looking forward to Odin Crown this summer. I really hope someone here in Japan can make a breakaway success with something MOBA/hero-related. There's so much potential, but so far I guess Japanese developers have been poor at balancing/making anything globally viable (not to say Odin Crown is global-friendly or will have an English version, I doubt it).

Azusa

So burned out on gacha, but looking forward to Odin Crown this summer. I really hope someone here in Japan can make a breakaway success with something MOBA/hero-related. There's so much potential, but so far I guess Japanese developers have been poor at balancing/making anything globally viable (not to say Odin Crown is global-friendly or will have an English version, I doubt it).

Forget about it.

EfwX2jr.png

Quonny

Looks a bit like unison League?

Unison League was based off of Logres.

Someone may correct me, but I think Logres came around in like 2012-2013 and became really popular in Japan (and still is usually in the top 20 on the app store, 4 years later), then Ateam made Unison League and released it in 2014. Then Ateam pushed Unison League out globally in 2015. Now Logres is coming.

Something like that.

chrono01

Unison League was based off of Logres.

Someone may correct me, but I think Logres came around in like 2012-2013 and became really popular in Japan (and still is usually in the top 20 on the app store, 4 years later), then Ateam made Unison League and released it in 2014. Then Ateam pushed Unison League out globally in 2015. Now Logres is coming.

Something like that.
Sounds about right.

I'm right with you, though. I'll pre-register/give it a try, but unless it really grabs me, I'll probably just stick to Fate G/O.

Kitoro

Is Fate G/O a great gacha game through and through, or is it just very pretty, fairly monetized, and sporting an appealing license?

Does it have multi-player, or just the standard 'bring a friend's leader to battle' kind of thing? Is the gameplay fun and engaging, or more of an auto-battler?

Thanks!

chrono01

Is Fate G/O a great gacha game through and through, or is it just very pretty, fairly monetized, and sporting an appealing license?

Does it have multi-player, or just the standard 'bring a friend's leader to battle' kind of thing? Is the gameplay fun and engaging, or more of an auto-battler?

Thanks!
I'm not sure with the gameplay, but apparently the story is good. Really good. Like, legit videogame good.

I just hope the English version is equally as in-depth. They completely butchered the story in the English version of Rune Story (White Cat Project in Japan), so I'm a little worried. :/

Jeffrey

I'm not sure with the gameplay, but apparently the story is good. Really good. Like, legit videogame good.

I just hope the English version is equally as in-depth. They completely butchered the story in the English version of Rune Story (White Cat Project in Japan), so I'm a little worried. :/

Hopefully better than fate stay night lol. I mean that was fine when I was a teen in the 2000s,but man does it not age well.

chrono01

End up playing Soul Reverse Zero more here lol.^^

Great character arts with interesting story and fully voice acting for main story part. What not to like?^^

The waifu for the series.^^
This makes me sad since it's a Sega game and, if we do ever get it localized (big "if"), it'll only last six months or so before it closes down, like every other Sega gatcha game released here. :(

casiopao

This makes me sad since it's a Sega game and, if we do ever get it localized (big "if"), it'll only last six months or so before it closes down, like every other Sega gatcha game released here. :(

Lol. Since CC Global close down, i had more or less give up on any Global Sega release lol. Full time being QooApp user now lol.^^

Still fully dedicated for H-Saga and now probably this one too lol.^^ Kinda playing Venus Eleven Vivid too right now lol.^^

Tried a lot of gachas last year. One Piece Treasure Cruise is easily the best for me, but even that can't hold my attention nowadays. Only doing a daily login here and there. Interested in Fate Grand Order, but it's not announced for Europe yet :(

BJK

9 hour maintenance in Soccer Spirits, since the draw rate for Legendaries was improperly set too high for the weekend rate increases. (I managed 4 legends in 12 pulls; actual drop rate should be closer to 0.5%.) Second time they've made this kind of mistake in the past few months.

...if you have an old account, it might not be the worst time to log back in after maintenance ends. In addition to compensation (it was a free Unique spirit stone of your choice last time), the game's 3rd anniversary is next week, meaning we're due for some good, free stuff!

Any opinions about Black Rose Suspects so far? The game is letting me pick from a bunch of SR characters but as usual I guess at least one of them has an extremely useful ability which is easily overlooked when you don't know the game...

Azusa

Any opinions about Black Rose Suspects so far? The game is letting me pick from a bunch of SR characters but as usual I guess at least one of them has an extremely useful ability which is easily overlooked when you don't know the game...

Gameplay looks very boring tbh.

chrono01

Lol. Since CC Global close down, i had more or less give up on any Global Sega release lol. Full time being QooApp user now lol.^^

Still fully dedicated for H-Saga and now probably this one too lol.^^ Kinda playing Venus Eleven Vivid too right now lol.^^
Yeah, I don't trust Sega at all anymore when it comes to their localized gatcha games. It's clear that they don't have the interest to keep the English counterparts going (it still boggles my mind, how they just shut down Chain Chronicle :/), and because of that I don't give them much of my attention. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before War Pirates closes down, as well.

BTW, since I've been waiting for Fate G/O and needed something new to play, I have Tales of Link a try (the Bridal Banner MAY have had something to do with it). It's a lot better than I thought, especially the story/skit sequences. The gameplay is pretty decent as well, even if it is just one of those swipe/match panels kind of game. I don't know how long I'll stick with it, but I'm really enjoying myself so far.

Rixa

Yeah, I don't trust Sega at all anymore when it comes to their localized gatcha games. It's clear that they don't have the interest to keep the English counterparts going (it still boggles my mind, how they just shut down Chain Chronicle :/), and because of that I don't give them much of my attention. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before War Pirates closes down, as well.

BTW, since I've been waiting for Fate G/O and needed something new to play, I have Tales of Link a try (the Bridal Banner MAY have had something to do with it). It's a lot better than I thought, especially the story/skit sequences. The gameplay is pretty decent as well, even if it is just one of those swipe/match panels kind of game. I don't know how long I'll stick with it, but I'm really enjoying myself so far.

Thanks to your post I started ToL too :D. Read something from Reddit and decided to get 50 Gems and make pull and reroll if needed. Ok got one 5* and I think its Grassvalley 2.0 (Red Dress atleast). Leader skill seems to be really nice (atleast for start) 1.5 to HP / ATK / RCV to every unit in party.
Toss me a fr: 177,933,155

I think I need to collect 50 gems someway in 5 days to make another pull in Brides banner, cause I have 4 Tickets :/.

chrono01

Thanks to your post I started ToL too :D. Read something from Reddit and decided to get 50 Gems and make pull and reroll if needed. Ok got one 5* and I think its Grassvalley 2.0 (Red Dress atleast). Leader skill seems to be really nice (atleast for start) 1.5 to HP / ATK / RCV to every unit in party.

I think I need to collect 50 gems someway in 5 days to make another pull in Brides banner, cause I have 4 Tickets :/.
Nice, congrats!

Yeah, I re-rolled for either Grassvalley 2.0 or Earheart 2.0, both great leaders and vamp healers as well (especially for a new account). I ended up getting the latter first, so I went with her. I then did a pull each on the Slash/Thrust banners (since Earheart 2.0 gives 1.6x HP/2.0x ATK to Slash/Thrust/Shot types. I ended up getting two 5* per multi-pull, those being Knight Garb Yuri, Guy (who has a Triangle/Star change to Square as his active, which I needed for Earheart 2.0), Jade, and Cheria. You did great with Grassvallet 2.0 though, she's a great rainbow leader!

I would like to do another multi-pull on the Bride banner, since I'll have two tickets via the login event and they'll be wasted otherwise. However, I found the rates on the banner to be pretty hit-or-miss, and I don't want to take the chance that I'll only get ~2 tickets, meaning I'd need to do yet another multi-pull to get the needed five tickets. I'll probably just save, as there will be more events in the future (I've heard of a possible summer gatcha...).

The game seems to be very generous with free stones, which is nice to see. Feel free to add me!

ID: 463,236,483

yuuki

i gave up on this game since i lost my progress due their shitty programming not correctly linking to my facebook account....

Rixa

Nice, congrats!

Ok rerolling again. I don't know what happened, but I pulled with Bride tix and got that 5* unit, but I don't have her. I have 12 units and only one 5*. So yup, you can delete 177,933,155 friend number :p.

Edit: New number 629,452,913 same leader.

chrono01

Ok rerolling again. I don't know what happened, but I pulled with Bride tix and got that 5* unit, but I don't have her. I have 12 units and only one 5*. So yup, you can delete 177,933,155 friend number :p.

Edit: New number 629,452,913 same leader.
That's strange, she didn't go to your mailbox? I know, too late to check now, but that seems like a pretty nasty bug. :(

I'll be sure to re-add your new account shortly!

Rixa

That's strange, she didn't go to your mailbox? I know, too late to check now, but that seems like a pretty nasty bug. :(

I'll be sure to re-add your new account shortly!

Yeah wasnt in mailbox nor in my unit inventory. But its ok. I pulled that Yellow dressed Bride with multi and got 4 tickets and with 5 tix I pulled that Red dressed bride. Thus 2 Brides with 50 gems used. Also got some veteran to friendlist and with it I can do Hard Soul Arena. All in all everything is fine.

chrono01

Yeah wasnt in mailbox nor in my unit inventory. But its ok. I pulled that Yellow dressed Bride with multi and got 4 tickets and with 5 tix I pulled that Red dressed bride. Thus 2 Brides with 50 gems used. Also got some veteran to friendlist and with it I can do Hard Soul Arena. All in all everything is fine.
Such luck. Nicely done!

Heh, I knew the tickets would work out like that.

So I had two Bride tickets from the daily login, and didn't want them to go to waste. Oh, I have 100 stones, I'll do a few multi-pull, get enough, and then use the tickets!

First multi-pull gave me (Bedside Goddess) Kanonno G. Okay! I didn't expect a 5*, let alone a vamp! Good start!

*checks mailbox*

1 ticket. It's okay, I planned for this. I have three now, so I'd have to be pretty unlucky to not get at least two in my second multi-pull.

*does the multi-pull*

Hmm, no 5* this time, but it's okay. I have my ticket summon!

*checks mailbox*

...Another single ticket. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Man, 4x tickets, and no way to use them. So I grinded out the story mode/arena for another 50 stones. After getting them, I did my third multi-summon.

...Nope, no 5* here. But at least I'm guaranteed a fifth ticket this time!

*checks mailbox*

...Another single ticket. Three multi-pulls, only one ticket per. I'm definitely not doing these ticket summons ever again, I'll stick with 5* guarantees and call it. The Rainy Tome summon was the same.

Anyway, I did my ticket summon, fearing that I'd get Zephyr...AND I GOT (ALWAYS BESIDE YOU) KANONNO G (the rainbow leader)! Man, it was so worth the work to get it, but I have to laugh at my luck with the tickets.

Rixa

Such luck. Nicely done!

Heh, I knew the tickets would work out like that.

Anyway, I did my ticket summon, fearing that I'd get Zephyr...AND I GOT (ALWAYS BESIDE YOU) KANONNO G (the rainbow leader)! Man, it was so worth the work to get it, but I have to laugh at my luck with the tickets.

Nice that it turned that way :), now we both have rainbow leader. I did read horror stories similar to you from reddit that pulls gave 1 tix per pull with multiples multis done, so I was really lucky to grab 4 tix.

My new Higbie friends help me to clear Hard Soul Arena, trying to do it everytime I see those 177 & 157 rank players, the stuff you get there with points is so nice. Too bad I don't have any chances to get to 600k points (lucky if I get 50k) :D.

Btw I think it might be good idea to start saving gems to summer gacha.

Top Bottom