• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Azusa

You are completely right about VF. Trash game.

Back to topic.

FGO looks interesting. I never saw the anime. I guess i should give it a try to get a bettee understanding for the units. Any recommendations how to whatch it, in which order?

Also sory for grammar. I'm currently on the train without my nornal phone and autocorrect is on a rampage.

FGO is not based on anime/VN. Its a new original story in the Fate universe.

As for anime order I dont really know. I watched them as they aired, I didnt cared about fate story. I watched them only to see cute Rin and get into Illya series later on.

Dandte

It feels like it been month since we had a new original ip hit gacha game like pad, granblue, monster strike or ip based game like ff be, optc on global.

As for fgo...looks like it will have some waifus...and possible censorship on ios. I liked the silver haired and the exotic looking ones.

Quonny

Been playing Logres for a couple hours now.

It feels way better than Unison League from what I remember, but god the interface is atrocious.

Lorpe

Neo Member
So... Logres not available in my country :( any luck with an apk? The one i found just asks for an update on playstore so no good.

If anyone know an apk link

Jeffrey

Also the localization and tutorial is...

Maybe this would have flied a few years ago, but generally gacha games have had somewhat average to decent Localizations these days.

Quonny

The translation for Logres is so weird.

They have super obvious errors that make you scratch your head, then they have strings of sentences that sound completely natural. It's not like the translators don't speak English, it's like they just did 75% of the lines and just said fuck it to the rest.

That said, I'm really enjoying it. Way more than I thought I would. I can see why this game is still huge in Japan.

Jeffrey

I feel like I must have missed a tutorial or 2. Not entirely sure what triggers skills in battle, and you can equip weapons 2 different ways?

Quonny

I feel like I must have missed a tutorial or 2. Not entirely sure what triggers skills in battle, and you can equip weapons 2 different ways?
There is a Support system where you get the stats and skills of the equipped item without it taking up a "slot". It's one of the tabs on the equip menu.

Yeah, the tutorial went over it but it went over it horribly.

chrono01

Nice to see (some) of you enjoying Logres! I just noticed that it's finally available in my app store, so I guess I'll give it a try later this evening.

Anyone know whether it's worth re-rolling in this one (or, if it's even possible)?

Jeffrey

Uninstalled lol.

How was that war of crown game? Production value seems high.

I don't think srpg works well in gacha format though. But it seems to have autobattle so that's nice.

Nice to see (some) of you enjoying Logres! I just noticed that it's finally available in my app store, so I guess I'll give it a try later this evening.

Anyone know whether it's worth re-rolling in this one (or, if it's even possible)?
From the ~2 hours I played this morning it seems like you COULD reroll a ton for the best weapons or just settle for a really good one in whichever class you like. It's easy to get URs from what I've seen.
Plus there's a lot of launch bonuses being thrown around so you'll probably wanna collect them each day starting ASAP instead of rerolling a ton for a handful of extra attack points in a weapon.

Quonny

You can. However, the game throws crystals at you like candy early on and the UR (highest rarity) rate is 10%, and SSR weapons are still seemingly pretty good.

Apparently there's one katana that's a little overpowered so some people gun for that, but meh. I have 3 URs and probably rolled for like 10 items.

chrono01

From the ~2 hours I played this morning it seems like you COULD reroll a ton for the best weapons or just settle for a really good one in whichever class you like. It's easy to get URs from what I've seen.
Plus there's a lot of launch bonuses being thrown around so you'll probably wanna collect them each day starting ASAP instead of rerolling a ton for a handful of extra attack points in a weapon.

You can. However, the game throws crystals at you like candy early on and the UR (highest rarity) rate is 10%, and SSR weapons are still seemingly pretty good.

Apparently there's one katana that's a little overpowered so some people gun for that, but meh. I have 3 URs and probably rolled for like 10 items.
Awesome, thanks you two!

Nice to see a gatcha game where re-rolling isn't really encouraged (or rather, it's not needed). Saves me a lot of time/heacaches, haha. I guess I'll just go with whatever and see what I get!

Quonny

Awesome, thanks you two!

Nice to see a gatcha game where re-rolling isn't really encouraged (or rather, it's not needed). Saves me a lot of time/heacaches, haha. I guess I'll just go with whatever and see what I get!

This game has 'banners' a little different than other games. You roll in a 'banner' that only has items for the class you want. You will never get a warrior sword in the necromancer banner, and much like some of Granblue's events, you can only roll one of one item per banner. You won't get dupes.

It's pretty great. But still, don't know how the meta plays out. There could be super broken bonkers items that emerge that kill it.

chrono01

This game has 'banners' a little different than other games. You roll in a 'banner' that only has items for the class you want. You will never get a warrior sword in the necromancer banner, and much like some of Granblue's events, you can only roll one of one item per banner. You won't get dupes.

It's pretty great. But still, don't know how the meta plays out. There could be super broken bonkers items that emerge that kill it.
Sounds good.

I guess I'll need to decide on a class to focus on, then. :/

chrono01

So, I tried Logres and it's...okay...I guess? I dunno, I feel a little lost with all of the mechanics, the lack of a decent tutorial (and suspect translation) doesn't really help things.

I settled on the Samurai class, which I've heard is the best early on, which is even better for me since that was the one I had my eye set on (love samurai!). I did all of my pulls on its banner and got A LOT of UR, you guys weren't kidding about the rates. I also got 2 out of the 5 banner items, although I'm not sure what that means since I got a duplicate of one of the banner swords in my other pulls, albeit different element. I guess when they list it as 1/1 in the banner, it's not for that particular weapon but that element as well.

The UI isn't the best, and the battles are more automated than I would have liked. Not sure what to do with all of my equipment, as I'm not sure which elements to focus on, not to mention skills. I'll just level up whatever I feel is best, I guess.

Jeffrey

the issue with poor localization = suspect longevity of this version. Also... customer support is often already trash for these games... bad localization isn't a good sign either lol.

Rixa

RixGAF, i c u.

After playing Logres for like 6 hours today I am convinced that unlimited energy is a bad system.

I went to sleep when clock was 0:25

Iam trying to play with Magician. They are glass cannons whose normal hits are poor AOE (atleast my power rank ~51000) and staves / rods take long time to get EP (SSR rod, Ive fed 3 SR rods for it, basic skill lvl 4) 11, 2nd hand has UR rod that boosts friends EP 7.

Been pulling all the gems from Magician banner (and few times from Necromancer for the future), got some superb UR Katana... that is marked as magical weapon (colour is purple), but wtf am I supposed to do Katana + mage...

Grinding teddybears, my glass cannon dies in 3-4 hits 2nd difficulty, I have ~51k power but no way to solo there. Thus grinding first level teddies, where Teddies hit like 10 and so on.

Granted when I have EP its nice to see some serious AOE damage, but yeah Magician ain't solo friendly. I kinda need better UR rod for soloing that UR rod I have is nice for parties (quick boost).

I got in on the metal monster hunting quest and got my Samurai from 0-42 in like 30 minutes. It was crazy, haha.
No stamina lets you just beast mode through the early stuff.

Rixa

I got in on the metal monster hunting quest and got my Samurai from 0-42 in like 30 minutes. It was crazy, haha.
No stamina lets you just beast mode through the early stuff.

Where did that open, I mean what quest did you do before opening that? Just so that I know where to focus after Maintenance (how long?) / later today.

Edit: Event tab, 30mins time restricted dungeon.

That Metal 30min event dungeon gives nice amounts. Not sure how often one can do it (once per week / day / only once?)
That's how I got most of my current funds as well as my level. I repeated it about six times last night and as soon as it appears I'll be grinding it again for job levels and Poro. :)

Should we have an individual Logres OT? I can whip on up if people want.

Rixa

That's how I got most of my current funds as well as my level. I repeated it about six times last night and as soon as it appears I'll be grinding it again for job levels and Poro. :)

Should we have an individual Logres OT? I can whip on up if people want.

Yes please, do it :)

btw word Poro (poro) in Finnish = reindeer

So basically our currency is Rudolph the Rednose reindeer.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I think the Aria Aqua Ritmo game might be dying and the developers are just juicing the rates for anyone who might still be logging on. I just did 2 draws and got 15/20 URs.

Sad that it's dying, but it was always going to have a limited audience and appeal. I just wish JP developers would get offline licenses for these types of games just so they can just flip a switch and make the game playable after it shuts down, but I know no one wants that (except players lol).

Logres clan has been made. Search clans for NeoGAF. There are only like 30 clans made on the server from what I can see so it's not hard to find, haha.
I don't think I can send invites so send me one and I'll approve ya.

I'll have an OT up tonight though it won't be super meaty cause I'm still learning the game myself.

So I think the Aria Aqua Ritmo game might be dying and the developers are just juicing the rates for anyone who might still be logging on. I just did 2 draws and got 15/20 URs.

Sad that it's dying, but it was always going to have a limited audience and appeal. I just wish JP developers would get offline licenses for these types of games just so they can just flip a switch and make the game playable after it shuts down, but I know no one wants that (except players lol).

Aria is shutting down June 30th. Rip.
I had to google this to make sure it was the same Aria I was thinking about. What the hell were they thinking? Aqua/Aria is one of my favorite anime and manga series ever, but using that license to make a game sounds like one of the worst ideas I've ever heard of. I'm surprised it managed to last 1.5 years.

Top Bottom