• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Tried the Aria game out and it was better put together than I thought. Main problem for me as I suspected before playing was the music. The anime's soundtrack is great, but it's way too chill for me to get into for a rhythm game. At least they didn't resort to waifu pandering with the characters or anything.

is the loading that long, or just cuz users are running capture? Is it a move you use often in battle?
They're only that long the first time you see them. There's an option in-game to download all the assets that should get rid of it.

chrono01

That is awful. 1% is so low that it makes me not want to play it

It'll still be worth it, for the story and everything, just be prepared not to get your favorite 5* Servants. I know I am, I've already come to terms with it. :(

But hey, maybe they'll increase the rates for the Global version? I know, extremely unlikely, but it could happen...?

Kitoro

Is it quick to re-roll F/GO? Maybe I'll try it a few times.

Also, story and art aside, what else is great about this game? Any robust social features?

Jeffrey

It'll still be worth it, for the story and everything, just be prepared not to get your favorite 5* Servants. I know I am, I've already come to terms with it. :(

But hey, maybe they'll increase the rates for the Global version? I know, extremely unlikely, but it could happen...?
Seems plausible. Feel like successful western gacha ports typically have decent rates.

Dandte

Gonna make rerolling HELL
for this poor iOS user
. Don't get me wrong, I'll still do it. But still.

I love the Reroll hell....especially when stuff happens like recently in Sinoalice. I know i will never play it with all my heart and bam third Reroll Cindarella weapon and little mermaid weapon along another sr weapon.

In F/GO i will reroll forever, i know it!

Also regarding Valiant Force. Most of Japan mobile Gaf should know about my love hater relationship with this game. Of course i pre registred for the game, i would create a gaf guild and be active once it launches. But i when i looked at the numbers of pre regs and the rewards i couldn't stop laughing.

A multipull costs 400 gems, gems in german is Edelsteine, the reward for 30k pre regs is 100k Edelsteine...I know the drop rate is bad...like really realy really bad but this is ridiculous. I switches the language to english and it was translated correctly to gold. Still, prepare to fell bad when pulling.

Also the is planned to launch in middle of june...it is now at 53,228 of 150k pre regs....

Edit: Also Chrono....i saw that you were online in FF BE ;p

chrono01

Gonna make rerolling HELL
for this poor iOS user
. Don't get me wrong, I'll still do it. But still.
Yeah, iOS user here. I'm not sure how easy it is to transfer, but I might try my usual "re-roll on Nox until I get something good and then transfer to my iPhone" plan. Assuming the data install for F/GO isn't small enough to where I wouldn't mind re-rolling on my phone.

Android users have it so easy. :/

Seems plausible. Feel like successful western gacha ports typically have decent rates.
Western-developed ones, sure, but not necessarily the localized ones. I know School Idol Festival and FFBE kept their 1% rates, and from the others I play, the rates are pretty much in-sync with what Japan has to offer.

They might do something different here though, as this is Aniplex USA's first gatcha release (as far as I can see?). Whether they tweak it or not, remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful.

I love the Reroll hell....especially when stuff happens like recently in Sinoalice. I know i will never play it with all my heart and bam third Reroll Cindarella weapon and little mermaid weapon along another sr weapon.

In F/GO i will reroll forever, i know it!

Edit: Also Chrono....i saw that you were online in FF BE ;p
Yeah, I'm kind of a strange one too in that I enjoy re-rolling (up until a certain point, anyway). I'm definitely planning on re-rolling as much as it takes to get a good start (aiming for two 5*, but again, it depends on how many Star Quartz we have for initial rolls). It's going to be a fun week.

And yeah, I still log into FFBE daily, but I don't really play anyway. I'm saving up what I can for the Nier Automata collaboration (I assume we'll get it eventually), as I desperately need 2B. I really hope I succeed, as that might be enough to get me back into it.

We'll see!

https://twitter.com/rpg_AE/status/874828040659804160
Trailer for Another Eden's today new Gaiden story update
School setting.
This should be good. ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
chara_isuka.png

It's the best gacha game in the recent years IMO. All characters are good to use too. The story is interesting, production value are very high for a phone game and all side quests have their own story too.

Salt in the wound!

I love the way that one looks, too. I absolutely couldn't get into Logres because it looks so much like a flash game from newgrounds circa 2001.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
With Drift Girls shutting down, does anyone recommends something with waifus in same style setting on present day?
Dude did you quit already? They put in a FIN event where you get to experience scenes of marrying the girls lol.
What a finish.

gaiadyne

Salt in the wound!

I love the way that one looks, too. I absolutely couldn't get into Logres because it looks so much like a flash game from newgrounds circa 2001.

Once you get past the looks Logres has a surprising amount of depth... and on that note the official Neogaf Logres Clan is currently looking for recruits. If you aren't familiar with Logres we have an OT for it here...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1381149

Essentially Logres is like a MMO game but with sprites. You have classes that play differently and provide different roles for your team. The requirements to unlock new classes are not too steep because other players who are playing the game can help you out. You can also change classes at any time so you are free to experiment and see what you like.

Yes that enemy really has 50 million HP!

Now this wouldn't be a Gacha game without a random element and in this game what you pull for is equipment. The game is incredibly generous with Crystals which you use to pull in the Gacha and the drop rates for UR equipment are reasonable. Another benefit of this game is that you don't have any stamina so you can play to your hearts content.

Right now there is an Attack on Titan cross over going on so you can acquire weapons used by the characters in that show and fight Titans.

Just know that the toughest ones are just as lethal as they are in the show...

If you find yourself interested after playing or are already playing the game and want in on a clan send me a PM and I'll add you to the clan.

Sölf

So, besides Monster Super League, I also started to play War of Crown, which so far seems okay and today King's Raid, which I really like.

War of Crown has some really cool ideas and I like the fact, that it feels like a more complex FE Heroes. Maps are bigger, more enemies, active skills, difference in height which affects damage... on the other hand, the story is locked behind player level, the hero leveling system is stupid and the "grind maps" are completely boring. I am currently level 9 and the second story chapter (out of three, the game only launched globally in april) unlocks once I have reached level 12, so I will probably try to reach that.

King's Raid basically plays like an active Granblue Fantasy with positioning and AoE effects. You have skills to move behind enemies, your AoE spells have a certain range (so if you hit melee enemies you don't necessarily hit ranged ones) and since it's active the whole time you have much more action going on. The game also only released a few months globally (or worldwide? not sure). I am only at 1-12 after a bit of playing, but what I am seeing I really enjoy. I definitly recommend that.

As for Super Monster League, I mostly farm in the background, but for some reason I totally love this game. Could be the music and art style as well as the pokemon collection thing going on. It's definitly not as complex as other games, but I really like it.

And besides those, FE Heroes (49k Tempest Trial points!) and KHUx are still going strong.

Rixa

Sölf;241126146 said:
So, besides Monster Super League, I also started to play War of Crown, which so far seems okay and today King's Raid, which I really like.

As for Super Monster League, I mostly farm in the background, but for some reason I totally love this game. Could be the music and art style as well as the pokemon collection thing going on. It's definitly not as complex as other games, but I really like it.

And besides those, FE Heroes (49k Tempest Trial points!) and KHUx are still going strong.

Yeah I tested WoC, played it around week when it launched and deleted.
MSL is nice game that can be played back ground with emulator (Memu & Nox do work).

I joined to one clans Discord server and yesterday joined to new clan.
If you aren't member of any Clan, this Clan might be for you too.

aitakute

Danmachi game is out. Who like the anime can try the game out. There are many anime cutscenes and voice acting

Edit: It plays almost exactly like Another Eden except with full voice acting and anime scenes from the anime. Quality is high as expected from Wright Flyer. Very nice so far

Some screenshots I took

Yu Narukami

I was following a game but I can't remember the name and don't even know if it's already out. It looked like Brave Exvious and you had a weapon grid at the bottom to select your Attacks.

Dandte

I was following a game but I can't remember the name and don't even know if it's already out. It looked like Brave Exvious and you had a weapon grid at the bottom to select your Attacks.

Look- Maybe Brave Frontier
Weapon Grid - mhm we don't have that many weapon based gacha, do you have more infos?

Yu Narukami

Look- Maybe Brave Frontier
Weapon Grid - mhm we don't have that many weapon based gacha, do you have more infos?
No I don't have more info and it's driving me crazy because I can't remember the name. I think it hasn't released yet. Perhaps it was cancelled.

MiTYH

South Park Phone Destroyer just soft launched in some netherland countries. I think Canada is tomorrow too. I believe it's gacha like? I checked out the subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthParkPhone) and it seems to show energy and legendaries. Not sure much on gameplay yet, I don't feel like making a 4th account to test this. But I'll probably try it in a day or two when it's live in canada

KaidoRacer7

Dude did you quit already? They put in a FIN event where you get to experience scenes of marrying the girls lol.
What a finish.

Nope, still play everyday. Already did this event for some girls... The typos are hilarious :D

They raised the bonus to 400 cash per day, now I'm trying to get more accessories.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
South Park Phone Destroyer just soft launched in some netherland countries. I think Canada is tomorrow too. I believe it's gacha like? I checked out the subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/SouthParkPhone) and it seems to show energy and legendaries. Not sure much on gameplay yet, I don't feel like making a 4th account to test this. But I'll probably try it in a day or two when it's live in canada

Oh this looks interesting.

Sölf

Holy shit, I think I need to look at this.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm still a bit surprised I couldn't get into Terra Battle. It seems so up my alley. I'd check the sequel out.

Visceir

I'm still a bit surprised I couldn't get into Terra Battle. It seems so up my alley. I'd check the sequel out.

I remember being kinda blown away first when I realized I could just use my one unit to maneuver all my other units around the field in one turn and set up elaborate chain combos.

It had some really good bosses with interesting mechanics too later on in the game.

Going by the little I've read it sounds like TB2 will have a different battle system though...hope that's the case as I'd want it to be something new and fresh.

After spending time on a few japanese sites I discovered that Brave Frontier 2 is apparently in development.

Supposed to be out later this year. Apparently they are going to get rid of unit summons. Excited to see the what Alim does, they're​ IMO are one of the best mobile developers in the scene.

Top Bottom