• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Quonny

Hmm.

Played about 90 minutes of Tales and I just don't think it's for me. Gacha weapons/artes isn't what I look for and the gameplay isn't grabbing me like I'd hoped.

I don't think it's shit anymore, though. I can appreciate how it does a pretty good job of capturing the console game on the phones. The "Just" system is smart and plays around the limitations of touch.

chrono01

Thanks for the reply!
Did a second multi pull since milla will take a while...again no ma, again 2 golds...again mikleos healing staff...well fuck. Haha that's was i deserve after a double rainbow in ffbe.

I guess i will go with the mileena account since i put some time into it.
Hey man, don't feel too bad. I only have the one MA myself, the one I re-rolled for. Granted I've only done two 10x pulls so far, as I'm waiting for both Milla and Velvet's MA (the latter of which is already available in the Japanese version), so I'm trying to save as much as I can. My plan is to do a single 10x pull per event banner, to hopefully get a few weapons for the characters for that event, and then continue saving.

Which weapon do you have with your Edna MA account? If it's Embrace's End (or something similar), you might consider going with that one, as that's one of the over-powered magic artes currently in-game. Mikleo has one too, but it's not his healing staff, haha. Even still, Mileena's MA is incredibly-useful, for the reasons I listed above. Maybe flip a coin if you can't decide, I know I'd have a hard time choosing between them.

Tales of the Rays is impressing me so far.

It feels like a Tales game which I really like and the localization is actually really good. None of the dialogue reads strangely or has errors.
Plus I've pulled good weapons and mirrages for Sorey and Jude who are two of my favorites!
The event is good so far, too. Lots of easy premium currency to grab as well as an abundance of upgrade mats.
Nice to see more TotR love here. :)

Yeah, the story/dialogue reads well, and I'm kind of interested in where the main story is heading. There are a lot of systems in-game, from leveling your weapons/artes, to Mirages as well as their abilities, so there's no shortage of things to work on. Even still, it doesn't feel over-complicated either, which is nice.

Congrats on the Sorey/Jude MA< by the way. Always nice to get Mirages for characters you enjoy! I hope I get lucky with Milla/Velvet...

Gonna give TotR another chance.

What should I reroll for?
Any Mirage works. They're all about the same power right now, the only difference being Ix which gets an upgrade after Chapter 6 where he gets his Overray ability for his MA that lets him start a quest with a charged MA and (I believe) increased stats. This Overray ability holds four charges, and replenishes every six hours.

It also turns you into Naruto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvbBLK65UcY

I'd go for whatever character is your favorite, unless you want the versatility that Ix/Mileena's MA gives you (both are neutral type, meaning you can bring them to an event for a 1.5x stat increase). Mileena's is also unique, in the sense that it turns her from a healer to an attacker.

Mikleo/Edna's MA are limited though, so if you're re-rolling and like them as characters, you could always go for one of them. If you don't have a preference at all and don't mind re-rolling a lot, I'd aim for Ix/Mileena.

Playing Tales of the Rays too, with my new shiny phone. It's, as other have said, the closest you can get to Tales gameplay on a phone. I'll play more often once I finish Berseria.

Does it have friend codes or...?
It has Friend ID's. I'll post mine here in a bit so we can all add each other.

Got Edna's in my first multi lol.

I need to get to stage 17 though.
Congrats. :)

chrono01

My Tales of the Rays Friend ID:

Feel free to add me! If your name differs from here though, just let me know. I get flooded with requests so it's difficult to tell where the invite comes from.

ReaperXL7

Ok so I figured I'd give Tales of Rays another shot. Is there a rerolling guide yet, tier list? I got rainbow mirages for both of the original characters, a 4* weapon for Luke and a bunch of 3*s from my 10pull. Debating on weather I want to spend on costumes now or hold out for potentially better options.

chrono01

Ok so I figured I'd give Tales of Rays another shot. Is there a rerolling guide yet, tier list? I got rainbow mirages for both of the original characters, a 4* weapon for Luke and a bunch of 3*s from my 10pull. Debating on weather I want to spend on costumes now or hold out for potentially better options.
You kidding? That's an amazing re-roll, holy hell that luck. GO WITH THAT ACCOUNT!

As for spending your prism, save them for later. We'll have 4* weapons we can exchange, so unless you REALLY want a cosmetic upgrade, it's better to wait.

Such a crime that they frontloaded Ranka's songs, I need more Sheryl. :/

Did they make any big changes from the beta? I liked the game yet unlocking new songs took a while. It would've been nice if they removed the characters from level-ups to speed things up.

Just watched a Terra Battle 2 gameplay video.

Again I don't think this game is going to do well. They seem to be missing the point of why people spend money. The entire battle screen is just a bunch of squares with cut-off portraits in them. Attack animations just flash the art that you already see and do some swirls.

On the other side of the coin there are games like Puzzle & Dragons and Monster Strike which are both insanely popular. I'd say both of those games present the characters in battle in a similar way as TB but have still found success.

Between Sakaguchi's effort to make an IP out of Terra Battle and from what I've seen of the sequel I'm optimistic of the game's future. Especially if they address issues that the first game had, we'll see though.

Also, while the animations are not super impressive (that one boss that split the screen and Pizfer freezing the entire screen in TB1 was tight though), they were really satisfying once you got a good combo going.

YoungOne

This looks cool, I'll play with you after setting it up.

ID: 12186057, download is kinda long compared to the Chinese version is
accidentally
installed.

It won't let me add you so I'll give you my id instead.
11701760 anyone else in the thread that plays Honkai feel free to add me also.

It won't let me add you so I'll give you my id instead.
11701760 anyone else in the thread that plays Honkai feel free to add me also.

I sent one, are you still using the default username?

So is it rare to get a full character out of the gacha? It seems that it's usually based on puzzle pieces yet a complete purple one popped out a few days ago, did I get lucky?

I've been playing TotR for the last few days and I'm impressed. The combat is simple but decent enough and the systems in the game seem easy enough to understand.

I'm up to the 9th level in Edna's section of the event and that boss is wrecking me. I'm just going to work on levelling the characters and weapons for a bit and then try again.

Permanently A

Do any games besides Kingdom Hearts Unchained have a mercy pull mechanic, where they guarantee the featured unit after a number of pulls?

YoungOne

I sent one, are you still using the default username?

So is it rare to get a full character out of the gacha? It seems that it's usually based on puzzle pieces yet a complete purple one popped out a few days ago, did I get lucky?
Yea it's rare on the top yellow ticket gatchat. you do however get a better chance when they do character specific gatcha (blue ticket) that is how I got sakura.

RalchAC

I've been playing TotR for the last few days and I'm impressed. The combat is simple but decent enough and the systems in the game seem easy enough to understand.

I'm up to the 9th level in Edna's section of the event and that boss is wrecking me. I'm just going to work on levelling the characters and weapons for a bit and then try again.

I don't know if my approach is optimal, but so far what I'm doing is running a bit of the story, then a bit of the event, then some daily quests, and repeat. Usually you should be able to defeat enemies that are less than 1000 points above you without much trouble.

I've done the discounted pulls and a multi using the event banner.

My Tales of the Rays Friend ID:

Feel free to add me! If your name differs from here though, just let me know. I get flooded with requests so it's difficult to tell where the invite comes from.

Sent invite, I think I have the same name as here in GAF.

Is there any way to set a leader even if you don't have him on the first slot of your team?

chrono01

Is there any way to set a leader even if you don't have him on the first slot of your team?
Accepted!

Leaders in this game actually work a bit different, and it's not at all apparent at first. You need to go to Menu, Profiles, and choose your Leader from there. As for increasing the power of your Support, it's whatever is currently equipped to the character that matches the Mirage you have set (as well as level of the actual Mirage), so it's best to load them with as much +ATK equipment as you can. Obviously, you'll want a weapon or two that gives you Artes to use so combat isn't boring. This is until you can manage 4x 4* weapons that match your current character.

For instance, currently I have my top left/right equipment with a 3* and 4* weapon that pertains to my character. My bottom left/right is a 4* weapon for another character, but it provides better stats for me. Of course, when I get another two 4* weapons for Ix, I'll replace those right away. The reason you do this is because you don't really need 4x different Artes right now (especially for content the way it is), so it's better to pick/choose a few Artes and then load up your stats.

I don't know if my approach is optimal, but so far what I'm doing is running a bit of the story, then a bit of the event, then some daily quests, and repeat. Usually you should be able to defeat enemies that are less than 1000 points above you without much trouble.

I've done the discounted pulls and a multi using the event banner.

I've done all the story and 3 chapters on hard. I'm just above the level I'm stuck on in terms of power and never had trouble like this. I'm just gonna kite the boss as best I can and let the mages lay into him

RalchAC

I've done all the story and 3 chapters on hard. I'm just above the level I'm stuck on in terms of power and never had trouble like this. I'm just gonna kite the boss as best I can and let the mages lay into him

Oh, you were in Edna's afterparty. I haven't tried that. I plan to finish some other stuff and level Mikleo and Edna first.

I'm watching Zestiria the X while doing the optional side content of Berseria, which is available once you unlock the final dungeon, and I was spoiled to Edna's motivations to join the party. Man, it hit like a truck. Eizen is awesome, just finished the White Horn Dragon quest and his revelation made me really sad :(

chrono01

how exactly does reroll work there?
after which point should i reroll.
Since GBF is a web-based app, you re-roll using different email accounts. Since creating numerous email accounts is a nuisance, what I did to re-roll was use salted emails via Google. Basically, create one email address, and then use the email address name followed by +1 when creating the accounts to keep using the same email address for multiple account creations. Granted, this was a long while back so I'm not sure if the same procedure still works and, even if it does, I've read that CyGames instituted an IP ban if you re-roll too much within the short time-frame.

The being said, things have changed since I started, as new account are now granted six (I believe?) SSR to choose from, and a few of them (such as Lady Grey) are great characters. I'm not sure you even need to re-roll any more because of this. If you are starting a new account I'd create one during Legend Fest (LegFes, for short), typically held at the ending of each month (you just missed it, unfortunately). This is because every new account gets what's called a "Start Dash Ticket", that you can purchase for 3,000 yen. This ticket allows you to choose ANY character that was available during the creation of your account, which is why people recommend starting during LegFes since exclusive characters are available at that time that aren't normally included in standard ticket offers, and they can be a pain to pull normally. The only other way to pick them is via the spark system (which I mentioned above), where if you pull 300 times during the time-frame of the gacha (and the characters are available to be sparked), you can get them that way. Given how long it takes to save up 300 pulls, the Start Dash ticket is a much better option.

chrono01

oh i quoted the wrong post, i meant in Tales of rays.
Oh, that's a really easy one, haha. Just uninstall/reinstall.

If you're rooted on Android and/or use an emulator (such as Nox), it's even easier Just delete the "Data" file in the "com.bandainamcotorays/file/" directory. Then re-launch the game. Repeat as necessary. This way you won't need to continually install all of the data between re-rolls.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Did they make any big changes from the beta? I liked the game yet unlocking new songs took a while. It would've been nice if they removed the characters from level-ups to speed things up.
Nah, looks the same. Outfits and planes are shit-hard to unlock; needs more variety too, gonna be hell, waiting for Universal Bunny and Sayonara no Tsubasa outfits.

Alright so I am liking Tales of Ray's now. I still haven't done a summon though, I can't decide if I should do a multi or just some singles, and I can't decide which banner. Argh!

Alright so I am liking Tales of Ray's now. I still haven't done a summon though, I can't decide if I should do a multi or just some singles, and I can't decide which banner. Argh!
Do the event banner since Edna is one of the strongest characters right now. Multipull is better because it comes with the prisms.
You can get any item on any banner, you just have a better chance of the banner character's items being pulled. I got my Sorey and Jude mirrages from the Edna/Mikleo banner, for example.

Do the event banner since Edna is one of the strongest characters right now. Multipull is better because it comes with the prisms.
You can get any item on any banner, you just have a better chance of the banner character's items being pulled. I got my Sorey and Jude mirrages from the Edna/Mikleo banner, for example.

Thanks! I will do that.

chrono01

I'd recommend doing at least one pull on the Mikleo/Edna banner. The same applies to any/all upcoming "event" banners, as you'll need/want to equip the event character with weapons and they can only be pulled on each respective banner. What makes Edna so damn powerful right now is her "Embrace End" weapon. It hits for three elements, has a decent AOE-range to it, and has a chance to poison as well. It's pretty powerful as well, which makes everything before this even better. She does have two 4* weapons in the banner so there's no guarantee you'll pull it (or even a Mikleo/Edna 4* weapon at all, as it's random), but you'll still likely pull a few 3* weapons for each, unless you're ridiculously lucky. If you get either of their Mirage, that's an amazing bonus.

Good luck!

Okay, I finally did my first pull. I did a solo pull first on the Mikleo/Edna banner. It was a rainbow colored sphere thing talking about some shit, and it was a mirage called Marcus vs. Ix: Fight! So that sounds cool and all, but wtf is a mirage and what do I do with it? Lol I have skipped most of the cut scenes, and I will watch them later so if it told you what they are I missed it.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out.

chrono01

Okay, I finally did my first pull. I did a solo pull first on the Mikleo/Edna banner. It was a rainbow colored sphere thing talking about some shit, and it was a mirage called Marcus vs. Ix: Fight! So that sounds cool and all, but wtf is a mirage and what do I do with it? Lol I have skipped most of the cut scenes, and I will watch them later so if it told you what they are I missed it.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out.
You just pulled one of the best Mirage in the game, that will be relevant for a LONG time. So congrats, haha.

chrono01

Oh, well that is indeed awesome then! haha thanks!
Not a problem.

Once you equip it to Ix, don't forget to go into your Profile (under menu) and make it your support Mirage, so people can use it (as well as give you FP in-return). Also, equip your Ix with as much +DMG gear as you can, as that also increases the power of your Mirage for friends (it's more likely to be chosen if it has a higher power level). Ideally you'd want to equip Ix with 4x 4* weapons that suit him, but I'm guessing you don't have that right now (nor do I, and likely won't for a long time). I'd recommend equipping him with one or two weapons for him, that grants you a couple or Artes to use in battle, and the other two slots with the strongest 4* weapons you have.

Not a problem.

Once you equip it to Ix, don't forget to go into your Profile (under menu) and make it your support Mirage, so people can use it (as well as give you FP in-return). Also, equip your Ix with as much +DMG gear as you can, as that also increases the power of your Mirage for friends (it's more likely to be chosen if it has a higher power level). Ideally you'd want to equip Ix with 4x 4* weapons that suit him, but I'm guessing you don't have that right now (nor do I, and likely won't for a long time). I'd recommend equipping him with one or two weapons for him, that grants you a couple or Artes to use in battle, and the other two slots with the strongest 4* weapons you have.

Awesome, sounds good. I will look at doing that when I get back on tonight. I am at level 14 of the 2nd round of quests for the Edna/Mikleo stuff, and it is starting to get hard so hopefully this helps me get to 17 at least to get the rewards. I need dat Edna.

RalchAC

Well, I set my Edna with the Gacha Mystic Arte as helper. I'll keep doing Chapter 4 for a while, and focus on EXP quest once I get to Zestiria day. I will start the afterparty missions soon too.

linkent

So naruto blazing is having an anniversary soon or now.
Everyone expect many gems and promised new modes as well as new banner (something like dual dokkan banner)
Countdown finished on JPN.
New mode delayed.
No new awesome banner.
And the best part.
Leveling to certain level will reward gems (10/5 for every 10levels)
But it is not retroactive! Meaning if you are high level, you dont get any of those!

Think this is the worst anniversary event in all gacha games i've played.

chrono01

So naruto blazing is having an anniversary soon or now.
Everyone expect many gems and promised new modes as well as new banner (something like dual dokkan banner)
Countdown finished on JPN.
New mode delayed.
No new awesome banner.
And the best part.
Leveling to certain level will reward gems (10/5 for every 10levels)
But it is not retroactive! Meaning if you are high level, you dont get any of those!

Think this is the worst anniversary event in all gacha games i've played.
Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous. :(

I'm just happy I put off my rank grinding, still under 150. If they don't fix the retroactive part though, there are going to be a lot of angry people (and rightfully so).

As for the banner, Hashirama isn't bad, and he's guaranteed at Step 9, but it feel like a trap banner to me since we know Naruto/Sasuke are coming, likely in the Yin/Yang banners later this month (also part of the anniversary). I know they'll make them game-breaking, so I'm saving all of my pearls for that.

MiTYH

Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous. :(

I'm just happy I put off my rank grinding, still under 150. If they don't fix the retroactive part though, there are going to be a lot of angry people (and rightfully so).

As for the banner, Hashirama isn't bad, and he's guaranteed at Step 9, but it feel like a trap banner to me since we know Naruto/Sasuke are coming, likely in the Yin/Yang banners later this month (also part of the anniversary). I know they'll make them game-breaking, so I'm saving all of my pearls for that.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've got almost 400 gems, but I need to save and be strong.

That rank thing though, Dokkan handled it right. Did you hit a level? You get rewards then.

This is a big disservice to longer-time players

V5k6pJY.png
CMkrGlZ.jpg

6KDqc5v.png
QFRIB0N.jpg

49ngUYE.png
OCTmWqd.jpg
After the delays, 08/22 seems to be the finalised date for magireco now. For the sake of my financial security, I'm glad I don't play untranslated gacha games.

Pachael

I have been curious about this one for a while now, but is anything known about the gameplay at all?

From what I've seen, the battle system a combination of F/GO (also by Aniplex, who are publishing this game) with three actions chosen per turn of battle, and Hortensia Saga (by Sega/f4samurai, and the latter are developing the game) with a 3x3 formation that you can put 5 party members in.

Everything else I expect as per normal gacha rules: 'story' with gated chapters, party member level up and 'awakening', special currency to buy to pay to win/etc. And Shaft/Inucurry stuff, but that comes with the franchise package

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Chain Cheonicle having Nanoha Reflection (anime?) collab, hope collabs for it are coming to other games, but Bakemonogatari is coming very soon to Monster Strike...

Well I got through the event to get Edna as a member, and then I decided to do a 10 pull on the banner for it. Double rainbow, and it ended up being 2 of the same mirage Leviathan Edge or whatever for Mikleo. Got 2 yellow 4* weapons as well, one for Ix and one for Sorey, whom I don't even have as a party member yet. I could do another 10 pull, to try for Edna's Mirage, but I feel since I have received 3 from 11 total pulls I am due to have some bad luck.

Jeffrey

Started dokkan. Got gogeta and shenron. Started bleach got anniversary ichigo and tensa.

Maybe anime game anniversary events are my thing lol

RalchAC

Okay, so I've done in Tales of the Rays:

- Half of Edna's afterparty.
- Cleared the last stage of Sweetopia 15 times.
- Finished Chapter 4 too.
- An enhanced the Artes of the Edna and Mikleo initial weapons since there is a quest.

Edna and Mikleo are at level 22 and 24 respectively. I think I have 3 Kaleidoscopes right now, and I still have to claim the one you're gifted after you get to level 30. Should I limit break them now (the weapon itself is at level 25) or wait until I'm closer to the cap?

chrono01

Okay, so I've done in Tales of the Rays:

- Half of Edna's afterparty.
- Cleared the last stage of Sweetopia 15 times.
- Finished Chapter 4 too.
- An enhanced the Artes of the Edna and Mikleo initial weapons since there is a quest.

Edna and Mikleo are at level 22 and 24 respectively. I think I have 3 Kaleidoscopes right now, and I still have to claim the one you're gifted after you get to level 30. Should I limit break them now (the weapon itself is at level 25) or wait until I'm closer to the cap?
You can Limit Break weapons whenever, timing doesn't matter. Just make sure you have the gald to do so, haha.

RalchAC

You can Limit Break weapons whenever, timing doesn't matter. Just make sure you have the gald to do so, haha.

Nice. You get more than enough money to do more limit breaks / arte enhancements once you pay for the first one, so I think I should be able to do it.

Once I've cleared 25 times the last stage of Sweetopia, would it be better to grind the EXP / Crystals stage or keeping doing it, get a lot of materials and hope I get some extra dupes? My power level is a bit low for the last few Afterparty stages.

How much can a weapon be LB? 4 times? The Event Missions only reward up to +3.

Top Bottom