• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

chrono01

I remember the thread for it died a while ago so I gotta ask ya questions in here. Is that Body Kakashi or Skill Haku in any of those banners?
Nope, Body Kakashi is obtaineable via Ninja Clash (PVP) coins, and Skill Haku is via the Impact mission, neither are recommended for new players. The good news is that neither of them are exceptionally good, so you're not really missing out and both should (presumably) return later. Kakashi is unknown, since this is the first Ninja Clash, but Haku will definitely be back later (all Impact missions return).

chrono01

so naruto blazing is worth starting next week?
The strongest character currently in-game (my opinion anyway, as well as many people) will be released, so if you're thinking of re-rolling, that'll be the time. That being said, you can start a new account now and grind out the 380 pearls needed for a full nine-step multi-pull, which will guarantee you at least one So6P Naruto at step nine, as well as another guarantee along the way at step six (either Tsunade, Bee, or another Naruto, all great characters) as well as whatever you obtain normally with your multi-pulls. Not only that, but you'll earn Granny Shop coins that you can exchange for the current selection of 5* characters in the Granny Shop, one of those being Sage Mode Naruto who's another amazing character (and will compliment So6P Naruto well). You'll be able to exchange for 2-3 of them, if my memory is correct, through the coins earned for a nine-step multi-pull.

As for the pearls needed, just do multiplayer until it stops giving you the bonus (should easily be able to get a hundred through that, maybe even more) and with the anniversary orbs that I believe all new accounts receive and the story content, it should easily be doable.

Kakaroach

Nope, Body Kakashi is obtaineable via Ninja Clash (PVP) coins, and Skill Haku is via the Impact mission, neither are recommended for new players. The good news is that neither of them are exceptionally good, so you're not really missing out and both should (presumably) return later. Kakashi is unknown, since this is the first Ninja Clash, but Haku will definitely be back later (all Impact missions return).
Ahh thanks for the info Chrono. I'll start tonight then, they seem to have added a ton of characters in the past 7 months.

chrono01

Ahh thanks for the info Chrono. I'll start tonight then, they seem to have added a ton of characters in the past 7 months.
No worries man, any other questions you have feel free to ask em' here or in the OT, I'll try to answer em'! When you get your account situated and all that, I'll be sure to add you to my Friend List.

There's definitely no shortage of interesting characters in-game right now, but all eyes are focused on next week's banner(s). Definitely worth saving up 380 pearls and going for that guarantee So6P Naruto, he'll be viable pretty much anywhere for a long time.

MiTYH

Yeah, the inventory change is amazing. I wish One Piece Treasure Cruise would do this, as when the materials don't stack it just makes everything seem so bloated.

FYI, JPN did get an update for the manuals. They stack, so you see one but can hold infinite I believe, or at least 99. It's the next QoL update I think global is due to get (or at least, the one I want the most)

chrono01

FYI, JPN did get an update for the manuals. They stack, so you see one but can hold infinite I believe, or at least 99. It's the next QoL update I think global is due to get (or at least, the one I want the most)
Oh nice, didn't know that! Great stuff, thanks.

Rixa

The strongest character currently in-game (my opinion anyway, as well as many people) will be released, so if you're thinking of re-rolling, that'll be the time. That being said, you can start a new account now and grind out the 380 pearls needed for a full nine-step multi-pull, which will guarantee you at least one So6P Naruto at step nine, as well as another guarantee along the way at step six (either Tsunade, Bee, or another Naruto, all great characters) as well as whatever you obtain normally with your multi-pulls. Not only that, but you'll earn Granny Shop coins that you can exchange for the current selection of 5* characters in the Granny Shop, one of those being Sage Mode Naruto who's another amazing character (and will compliment So6P Naruto well). You'll be able to exchange for 2-3 of them, if my memory is correct, through the coins earned for a nine-step multi-pull.

As for the pearls needed, just do multiplayer until it stops giving you the bonus (should easily be able to get a hundred through that, maybe even more) and with the anniversary orbs that I believe all new accounts receive and the story content, it should easily be doable.

Hooboy. Challenge accepted, not rerolling, rather getting pearls enough. What day those characters will be released?

chrono01

Hooboy. Challenge accepted, not rerolling, rather getting pearls enough. What day those characters will be released?
Yay! \o/

The banner will be released next Tuesday (early morning, after maintenance ends), but it'll be around for two weeks so you have plenty of time. Good on you for not re-rolling and grinding the 380 pearls. It's much more worth it, since you're guaranteed at least one So6P Naruto out of it, as well as two more Blazing Festival characters from the earlier steps (as well as whatever you pull normally along the way). Plus you'll get enough Granny Shop coins to exchange for two more 5* (Sage Mode Naruto is recommended). That's a pretty amazing deal.

Good luck! It might seem like a lot of work, but with the anniversary/campaign pearls, as well as what you receive for new accounts and playing co-op with players for the first time, it should all add up pretty quickly.

I posted this in the N:UNB OT, but if you're wondering just how good the new Naruto is, d1MnZz on Reddit had this to say:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NarutoBlazing/comments/6u3twa/naruto_uzumaki_seal_of_light_the_blazing_god/

chrono01

Best way to get those gems (Iam now at 105, got like 75 from start):
Do the story, join to random multirooms and use your energy?
I'd do co-op until they stop giving you free pearls. You can get 110 pearls through that method before it stops handing them out to you. You can just join co-op and don't need to host yourself, just try a scroll/ramen daily or whatever. I'd help you grind the pearls, but unfortunately you'd only get one set from me before it stopped handing them out. If it was for EVERY co-op, I'd just keep hosting stuff for you to join, but it doesn't work out that way. :/

At that point, I'd move onto the story mode and start clearing it. You get five pearls for clearing each chapter. You get more on Hard mode, but that might be too much for people just starting out. You also get one pearl per map if you manage to get all of the lucky drops, but you'll want a max luck character to farm those so your stamina would probably be better spent elsewhere. I believe there's also a set of Limited Time missions going on for the anniversary that gives you pearls for every ten ranks you increase, which should add up quickly given how easy it is to rank up in the beginning.

Here's a pearl guide I found on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NarutoBlazing/wiki/pearlsguide

BTW, I should mention the new Sasuke is great too, but for those starting out, So6P Naruto is a much better choice, given his utility. He'll last you a long while, and will be viable in pretty much any/all game modes. He's a God.

Edit: I was thinking, if the story missions get too difficult, you could always add me and I could co-op with you to get you through them. I'd host, but I'm not sure if you'd get credit for it or not if you're not the one hosting. Also, if you don't host, I don't believe you get rank XP, which you want right now, due to those Limited Time missions. See how things go, not sure what your current roster is. The SM Naruto they give out during the anniversary is pretty nice though, so he should get you a decent ways.

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to turn this into a Naruto: UNB thread, but I thought I'd also mention, DO NOT FINISH THE ROOKIE MISSION UNTIL YOU FARM MULTIPLE BODY SAKURA! She's insanely helpful, even more so when you unlock all of her abilities/lower her cost by fusing duplicates into her. She also goes up to 80 Luck, which is great for new accounts to start farming lucky drops, as Impact bosses might be too much for you for a while. The stamina needed to acquire multiple of her is low and it's easy to complete. Just do the first stage of the Rookie Trial over and over again until you finish her off (you need to evolve her from 4* to 5* to unlock her final ability). I farmed three of her at 5* personally, with all abilities unlocked. So worth it.

Jeffrey

sounds like too much work. ill just reroll lol.

also im hesitate about investing too much into these games based off anime properties because what happens after they run outta stuff?

Bleach is basically done... (think they finally got access to manga stuff post anime though). Isn't this naruto game getting near end game of the manga?

MiTYH

also im hesitate about investing too much into these games based off anime properties because what happens after they run outta stuff?

Bleach is basically done... (think they finally got access to manga stuff post anime though). Isn't this naruto game getting near end game of the manga?

Nah, there's a ton of untouched stuff. And remember, when in doubt, there's alternative versions of characters, or movie tie-ins, and Boruto

Jeffrey

Nah, there's a ton of untouched stuff. And remember, when in doubt, there's alternative versions of characters, or movie tie-ins, and Boruto

true, but that stuff is when it gets confusing. Here's naruto with a slightly different pose and different subtitle lol.

and is boruto units gonna outclass end manga naruto powerups?

I've not seen the anime so im not sure :p

chrono01

The in-game story hasn't even reached the Shippuden Arc yet (although it's right at the point where it starts), but it does seem like they rushed a lot of the gacha characters (probably for the anniversary). There are a lot of characters/forms/etc. they skipped over, so they'll probably go back and do those before moving onto movie/Boruto characters. Also, alternate versions of the characters we do have, it seems to be a common thing in these gacha games.

As long as they keep the gameplay fresh, story/event content coming, and the free pearls coming in, I'll be happy.

ReaperXL7

So I decided to reinstall Möbius FF again after dropping it out of my rotation awhile ago, noticed a banner saying it was the 1st anniversary which I haven't even realized it had been that long yet.

Game is still good and it seems like there are more ways to build your jobs now more then ever. I got the Zidane and moonless cards from my first couple of pulls but still trying to find info on how to build them, and read up on MP since I remember there being a lot of confusion about how to do it when they first added it. Zidane seems like a pretty strong job so far though.

Jeffrey

man... gacha games are nice, but man... you can't really play more than like 1 or 2... and that can get wild once events happens at the same window.

and then you need an operation of multiple phones/tablets/emulators, basically more work at/after work :S

currently just FGO, but the current moonlight thing is time consuming itself with its ridiculous balance of lowest cost event quest being the best cost/ratio.

maybe ill try naruto lol, idk. how are rates, premium currency costs?

Kakaroach

true, but that stuff is when it gets confusing. Here's naruto with a slightly different pose and different subtitle lol.

and is boruto units gonna outclass end manga naruto powerups?

I've not seen the anime so im not sure :p
The manga characters in Bleach will last at least another year since there are so many of them so no one should be worried about that.

Rixa

As long as they keep the gameplay fresh, story/event content coming, and the free pearls coming in, I'll be happy.

Been busy today, I had to reroll once, cause I did read your info too late for Rookie Missions. I did dig some more info and it seems it is better to keep it unfinished and enjoy semifree pills.

I wasn't so far in the game so it was easy decision to start over. My 5 Gem pull was crap on the firs try, 2nd try (the account Iam using) I noticed there are more than one banner to pull. Well made one 5 gem pull there (to complete one mission and to get something other than those freebie units.

So I pulled 5* WIS Jiraya :). Now its 6* and level 83 or something also that healer girl is 5* and 80 Luck. Things are going very well, stage 8 (normal) now so I have alot to do and been doing many multiplayers.

ID: 704,325,405,211

Still missing alot of pearls from target, but I do have 217 pearls.

Rixa

Remember, the banner will be here for like 2 weeks. Plenty of time to get a full 9-step on one side at least, maybe more

Indeed. Will collect more by the time but will pull when its live.
Its a pity how bad net code in this game has. So many multiplayer runs ruined by Waiting for Data.

chrono01

Been busy today, I had to reroll once, cause I did read your info too late for Rookie Missions. I did dig some more info and it seems it is better to keep it unfinished and enjoy semifree pills.

I wasn't so far in the game so it was easy decision to start over. My 5 Gem pull was crap on the firs try, 2nd try (the account Iam using) I noticed there are more than one banner to pull. Well made one 5 gem pull there (to complete one mission and to get something other than those freebie units.

So I pulled 5* WIS Jiraya :). Now its 6* and level 83 or something also that healer girl is 5* and 80 Luck. Things are going very well, stage 8 (normal) now so I have alot to do and been doing many multiplayers.

ID: 704,325,405,211

Still missing alot of pearls from target, but I do have 217 pearls.
Sorry that you had to start back over, but Sakura is worth it. You can feel free to finish it after you farm multiple Sakura (I'd recommend three minimum, just so you can have her in all three of your backline supports), but I went crazy and farmed six copies. Three copies, one with max'd luck and all of them with max'd abilities at 5* should be more than enough, though. It's not really worth keeping the Rookie Mission around for the free pills, as you'll get more than you can use farming Impact missions, but early on it could be a nice investment for you (especially since they stack now so you can hoard a lot of them).

Congrats on that Jiraya! He's actually one of the better WIS characters in-game, I'd like to have him myself. He should carry you pretty far, along with Naruto and whoever else you pull in the banner tomorrow. As MiYTH mentioned, the banner will be here for two weeks so you have enough time to continue grinding out the 380 pearls needed (hopefully we get more as part of the anniversary).

The netcode, as you mentioned, I agree is pretty bad. It makes multiplayer kind of a chore to get through, as it's so much faster to just solo things (at 2x speed). You can't beat the no-stamina cost for joining someone else though, not to mention the lucky drops if you all lead with luck characters. Just have to hope the guy hosting the run doesn't disconnect, kicking all of the players out. :/

Also, will be sure to send you a request next time I log in!

tatsuki

Playing it now. They give you a free 10 pull after completing chapter 1 which is nice.
Jjwkafk.jpg

I like that I have 7 different party members right now but they're all 2 or 3 stars. I'm not sure if I want to play the reroll game.

Kakaroach

Pachael

Just saw the gameplay. Isn't that just fgo?

Quoting myself:

From what I've seen, the battle system a combination of F/GO (also by Aniplex, who are publishing this game) with three actions chosen per turn of battle, and Hortensia Saga (by Sega/f4samurai, and the latter are developing the game) with a 3x3 formation that you can put 5 party members in.

Everything else I expect as per normal gacha rules: 'story' with gated chapters, party member level up and 'awakening', special currency to buy to pay to win/etc. And Shaft/Inucurry stuff, but that comes with the franchise package

Mostly that, but there's a 'Connect' mode in battles where you could have another character act on your behalf in an action (when a character's gems fill up - think it's based on number of times used).

There's also a 'Charge' bar but idk what's that for yet.

Other than that, dat Mami transformation video is so good - she looks great with her fashion handbag.

I also played Lost Order during its beta period, and it's not bad - Backgrounds are great, I think I can get and follow the Matsuno story (a little - helps that Rose does act and not act as a silent observer), but the level gates for the main story are terribad - you couldn't earn enough EXP to go straight to story and have to grind in skirmish a bit, and I kind of miss the models in story mode since they already have them for battle and in their own guild room :|

Battle system itself is really a simplified Gambit system which is great - but the default speed needs to be a bit quicker.

EDIT: Added MagiReco English guide on reddit. Beware spoilers on site if you haven't watched the anime (and movies to be safe)

RalchAC

Next event in Tales of the Rays includes Milla and Elize from Tales of Xillia, it starts in 2 days I think. I've been leveling up my Jude a bit today. I have enough for 4 multis pulls, but I'd probably do 1-2. The game is quite kind, since a lot of 3* weapons have tied artes that are worth much more than the ones in higher tiers and those have a higher chance to drop.

I still haven't done hard mode so those are quite a few gems I still haven't grabbed.

Faynwulf

So I guess now would be a good starting point if I want to get into Naruto Blazing?

Also what are the chances of that Shonen Jump game coming to the west? I imagine it's almost impossible with all the different licenses?

chrono01

Next event in Tales of the Rays includes Milla and Elize from Tales of Xillia, it starts in 2 days I think. I've been leveling up my Jude a bit today. I have enough for 4 multis pulls, but I'd probably do 1-2. The game is quite kind, since a lot of 3* weapons have tied artes that are worth much more than the ones in higher tiers and those have a higher chance to drop.

I still haven't done hard mode so those are quite a few gems I still haven't grabbed.
Yeah, so excited for Milla! I hope I get her Mirage (but I probably won't :/).

So I guess now would be a good starting point if I want to get into Naruto Blazing?
It is. Re-roll for So6P Naruto (and Rinnegan Sasuke, if you can), and you're set for a long while. If not, Naruto alone is a God.

Yeah, so excited for Milla! I hope I get her Mirage (but I probably won't :/).

It is. Re-roll for So6P Naruto (and Rinnegan Sasuke, if you can), and you're set for a long while. If not, Naruto alone is a God.
What's the rerolling process for Naruto? Is there more info on it? Just downloaded it and rolled once...

chrono01

What's the rerolling process for Naruto? Is there more info on it? Just downloaded it and rolled once...
You should get something like 70 pearls for each new account, thanks to the anniversary. You can do a multi-pull on the banner of your choice (I'd recommend So6P Naruto personally, as him as well as the characters on his banner are best for new players), and hope you pull something good. You can try to farm a few pearls through story mode or by joining new players in co-op, but it might be faster just to do the multi-pull and then re-roll. The tutorial isn't that extensive either, as far as I know remember.

chrono01

so i got my super naruto. now what?

any good 'starting guides'?
Congrats!

The first thing I would recommend is farming the Rookie Trial (first stage) until you get at least a max luck/all abilities unlocked 5* Sakura (you get her as a guaranteed drop 4* base, every time you run the mission, not to mention HP/ATK pills). Honestly, she's so easy to get, I'd recommend grabbing three copies of her (only one needs to be at 80 luck though, just be sure to unlock all of her abilities by fusing multiple copies into her), as she's a great back-row healer (her buddy skill, as well as active jutsu, is a heal, and her lower cost is great). You'll need to run her as leader to get her luck-drop bonus, but as soon as battle starts you can switch her out for the character in your back-row (such as God Naruto). Keep in mind that whoever is your current leader is also the one that shows up on people's friend lists, so I'd suggest switching to another leader (God Naruto) before you log back out, but having an 80-luck leader for story/emergency missions can make the drops a bit more manageable. When you get these Sakura, feel free to complete the missions Rookie Missions for the free pearls and other useful items, unless you want to keep it there for infinite pill-farming (although, once you reach a higher rank, you'll have more pills than you know what to do with).

Beyond that, I'd focus on leveling/evolving the best characters you have, and completing the story content. You could probably try Phantom Castle that's going on right now too, but without a few 6* characters it might prove a little difficult for you. Keep in mind that you have three stamina orbs to run it, that refreshes every hour. When you rank up, those orbs or replenished, so if you're going to be ranking up anyway (easy to do early on), you might as well spend a few orbs just to see how you do. You have nothing to lose.

Jeffrey

actually im not sure i summoned the right naruto lol.

got proof of bonds

edit: did another multipull and go the 'right' naruto. so confusing!

got proof of bonds

Yes I'm not that familiar with the Naruto universe but the game looks intriguing.

Any chance you could post a screen of the Naruto to look for? Is it the one from the Seal of Light banner? The account I currently have has like 4-5 different Naruto...

chrono01

got proof of bonds

Yeah, there are quite a few Naruto in-game, with many of them being great. Proof of Bonds is decent, but the one you really want is Sage of 6 Paths, which it sounds like you pulled. Congrats!

Yes I'm not that familiar with the Naruto universe but the game looks intriguing.

Any chance you could post a screen of the Naruto to look for? Is it the one from the Seal of Light banner? The account I currently have has like 4-5 different Naruto...
Yeah, if you don't know the design, it's the one advertised on the banner. Good luck on re-rolling for him!

Yeah, there are quite a few Naruto in-game, with many of them being great. Proof of Bonds is decent, but the one you really want is Sage of 6 Paths, which it sounds like you pulled. Congrats!

Yeah, if you don't know the design, it's the one advertised on the banner. Good luck on re-rolling for him!
Ok cool, I actually just think I pulled him on my second multi. Still the first account.

The number is no.427, Naruto uzumaki seal of light? I don't see sage of 6 paths mentioned. Sorry for the rookie questions! Thanks for your help!

Rixa

got proof of bonds

It should be this: Naruto Uzumaki ~ Seal of Light.

Since I did get him at my 6th multi pull, I really need to grind those 3 remaining multis. So that I get one copy and fuse it to get that first sweet ability open (Restores 300 HP every turn).

All in all, one multi was without 5* but others have had multiple (except Naruto was alone). Been getting awesome units, now to wonder are 3* completely trash?

Screenshot_20170823-152047.png

Reddit | Yin/Yang banners - Naruto and Sasuke are not the only units.
Reddit | [Still Stuck Who to Choose?] Yin (Shadow-So6P Sasuke) or Yang (Light-So6P Naruto)
Those 2 threads are filled with information of these 2 banners,

It should be this: Naruto Uzumaki ~ Seal of Light.

Since I did get him at my 6th multi pull, I really need to grind those 3 remaining multis. So that I get one copy and fuse it to get that first sweet ability open (Restores 300 HP every turn).

All in all, one multi was without 5* but others have had multiple (except Naruto was alone). Been getting awesome units, now to wonder are 3* completely trash?

Screenshot_20170823-152047.png

Reddit | Yin/Yang banners - Naruto and Sasuke are not the only units.
Reddit | [Still Stuck Who to Choose?] Yin (Shadow-So6P Sasuke) or Yang (Light-So6P Naruto)
Those 2 threads are filled with information of these 2 banners,

Ok awesome, thanks Rixa! I think this is the one I got. Mine is no 427, but the one in the wiki says 428 so I'm assuming this is the 6* rarity it's showing? When I click on the entry on my desktop I see the one icon that mine has.

I'm actually Stoked I managed to snag him. Didn't have to reroll. Now to start learning about the game's systems!

A somewhat random question, but will downloading all the data at title menu stop the overabundance of loading screens? Seems like there's a lot of them...

Top Bottom