• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kurita

Bought ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION's new album, Wonder Future.
A really old-school album, back to simple and straight-forward rock. Feels like we're back in 2003. Anyway, pretty damn good album, Ajikan never disappoints anyway. No favorite songs yet aside from Easter, I need to listen to it more.

Why is Kawatani Enon from indigo la End/ゲスの極み乙女。so damn cute
http://Instagram.com/p/3NqpG8J_jK/

So is the new Dempagumi MV out? Yahoo has some thing but it's region blocked.

EDIT: Ah just saw that Risa tweeted that it should be on YouTube soon.
I saw it last night, it's not bad. Kinda surprisingly, mirin steals the show.

Speaking of Risa, she's been updating her Instagram in English lately, which has made for some unintentionally funny posts.

vanty

I saw it last night, it's not bad. Kinda surprisingly, mirin steals the show.

Speaking of Risa, she's been updating her Instagram in English lately, which has made for some unintentionally funny posts.
I've noticed her missing the occasional 'a', 'an', or 'the' but seems to be doing quite well otherwise.

I've noticed her missing the occasional 'a', 'an', or 'the' but seems to be doing quite well otherwise.

I went looking for some of the ones that made me chuckle but I think she's correcting them as she's learning. Lord knows I'm worse at her language than she is at mine, but I'll never not find engrish funny/endearing

the Hola chrome/firefox extension will unblock that video if you're impatient.

vanty

I'm patient enough to watch a 1080p video tomorrow night rather than whatever presumably crappy quality that Yahoo site has.

Bought ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION's new album, Wonder Future.
A really old-school album, back to simple and straight-forward rock. Feels like we're back in 2003. Anyway, pretty damn good album, Ajikan never disappoints anyway. No favorite songs yet aside from Easter, I need to listen to it more.

Just saw this on US itunes, will be buying ASAP

I haven't had wifi the past couple of days and I can finally watch these in HD <3

Golden Touch really could go viral, it was the song I was most excited for so I'm a bit eh I don't get to see Namie looking gorgeous and golden, it's a very creative video though so I can't be too mad. Fashionista is cool, I love the dance for the bridge. Only really a week left for the album!.

***edit***

Golden Touch going viral: http://www.buzzfeed.com/nickguillor...come-instan?bftw&utm_term=4ldqpfp#.xbZ52A3BMl

LayLa

There's been so much good music the last week or so.

Also, Perfume posted the fan submitted creative uses for the Relax In The City box. I liked the drawers someone made.

lol someone needs to tell Nocchi >.<

6zJzpKt.jpg

Just preordered the CD+DVD version of Koda Kumi's Summer Collection which she is releasing in July. It's her summer single with sort of a best of mixed into one! Yay!

Kurita

Kidori Kidori released a trailer for their upcoming album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4fdNUazCw0
Everything sounds amazing. Really digging the fact that all the songs are in Japanese this time.

So did GOOD ON THE REEL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGv5eBHdAhg
No surprises, but it's as good as their usual stuff.

&#28165; &#31452;&#20154;&#65298;&#65301;&#12300;Mr.PLAY BOY&#8230;&#9825;&#12301;
That intro is killing me. Hope they'll release an album soon. The fact that they're not just another random idol band thanks to Kiyushi Ryujin being an actual member is genius.

SEKAI NO OWARI's Saori and Gesu no Kiwami Otome's Ikoka & Chan Mari
This picture gives me life.

Kurita

&#22812;&#12398;&#26412;&#27671;&#12480;&#12531;&#12473; (Yoru no Honki Dance) will release a single on July 8!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKHABGS8WNc
Huzzah!

A friend managed to get me a ticket for HighApps's show in Tokyo on August 6!
Gonna see THE ORAL CIGARETTES, LAMP IN TERREN, &#12501;&#12524;&#12487;&#12522;&#12483;&#12463;, go!go!vanillas and more! So happy right now. Will be my first show in Japan :)

Aizo

Banned
&#22812;&#12398;&#26412;&#27671;&#12480;&#12531;&#12473; (Yoru no Honki Dance) will release a single on July 8!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKHABGS8WNc
Huzzah!

A friend managed to get me a ticket for HighApps's show in Tokyo on August 6!
Gonna see THE ORAL CIGARETTES, LAMP IN TERREN, &#12501;&#12524;&#12487;&#12522;&#12483;&#12463;, go!go!vanillas and more! So happy right now. Will be my first show in Japan :)
I'm happy for you. Have lots of fun!

news_header_POP_art20150601.jpg

&#12503;&#12521;&#12491;&#12513;/Pla2Me have reformed with Saki and 4 new members, and renamed themselves "Period of Plastic 2 Mercy" or "POP." They'll release an album on Aug. 4.

Their earlier singles were really good so here's hoping this ends up being a little more interesting than that BiSH album, since it's all the same players behind the scenes.

also, really with that profile picture? come on, you literally just did that with BiSH.

Kurita

So SEKAI NO OWARI is performing the theme songs for the 2 live action Attack On Titan movies.

Yeah I talked about it earlier in this thread. Pretty excited to see what they'll manage to create this time.
Been listening a lot to them lately, Tree is a really solid album.

Boss Mog

Did anyone go to LA to watch SCANDAL this past weekend?

They played at The House of Blues Sunset and Downtown Disney.
It was fun! They're a great live act

Rina's very pretty in person and Mami is absolutely adorable :3

I really wanted to go but my mom got sick with cancer ; ;

I got to see a lot of the concerts on Youtube though so I kinda felt like I saw them just a little. Hopefully they'll come back to the US at least once more before they disband.

On the plus side, now that their world tour is done and they're back in Japan, they're finally putting out a new single called "Stamp!" on July 22nd.

11252467_431446800368428_961544390_n.jpg

Kurita

Oh yeeeees, new androp album on August 5th!
Self-titled album :)

01. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
02. From here
03. Shout
04. Answer
05. Paranoid
06. Star
07. Dreamer
08. Alternative Summer
09. Letter
10. Corna
11. Ghost
12. Run
13. Songs
14. You Make Me

Cool to see You Make Me on the album, as well as all the b-sides.

Kansoku

Oh yeeeees, new androp album on August 5th!
Self-titled album :)

Heh. I remember we were discussing about their album names, since the first letters spelled androp, and now they do a self titled. I wonder what will come next? "n" something up to "androp 2", like the cycle begins anew?

Kurita

Yes. God I love this band. EDIT: your link is broken, missing the "Q" on the end.

Listening to Happy Umbrella, it's a real improvement over Tokyomelancholy and specially night walking.
Woops!

And yeah Scenarioart's new album is really good. Some unexpected stuff on it, too!

MONOEYES announced the release date of their first album : July 29! No title yet but it'll be 12 songs album.
They'll also do a live in Tokyo on August 4, I need a ticket...

Top Bottom