• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

as usual, the best part of the video is watching Gonchi

kind of indifferent to the song though. I think it's time to just accept that they're not making a style of music I'm interested in anymore.

Kurita

Oh shit, THE PREDATORS are coming back, three years after their last album.
It's a superband and its members are Yamanaka Sawao from the pillows, Jiro from GLAY and Takahashi Hirotaka from ELLEGARDEN (who replaced the previous drummer Nakayama Shinpei, from Straightener) Can't wait for their new album on August 26!
http://natalie.mu/music/news/149561

Best news of the day.

llehuty

Capsule's Wave runner Deluxe edition coming in September.

■disc1(CD)
01 Wave Runner
02 Another World
03 Dreamin’ Boy
04 Hero
05 Dancing Planet
06 Depth(vocal dub mix)
07 Feel Again
08 Unrequited Love
09 White As Snow
10 Beyond The Sky
11 Dancing Planet feat. VERBAL(タイトル未定)
12 タイトル未定

■disc2(DVD)
2015.06.05 @赤坂BLITZのライブ映像を数曲収録

Capsule and m-flo'sVerbal collaboration HYPE!

Senbatsu time

16.) Tomu Muto (AKB48)
15.) Shibata Aya (SKE48)
14.) Takayanagi Akane (SKE48)
13.) Matsumura Kaori (SKE48)
12.) Watanabe Miyuki (NMB48)
11.) Kitahara Rie (NGT48)
10.) Yokoyama Yui (AKB48)
9.) Shimazaki Haruka (AKB48)
8.) Miyazawa Sae (SKE48)
7.) Miyawaki Sakura (HKT48)
6.) Yamamoto Sayaka (NMB48)
5.) Matsui Jurina (SKE48)
4.) Takahashi Minami (AKB48)
3.) Watanabe Mayu (AKB48)
2.) Kashiwagi Yuki (AKB48)
1.) Sashihara Rino (HKT48)

No repeat again this year. The biggest surprises are that Paruru and Jurina dropping as well as Sayanee not moving at all. I guess you can put Jurina down to her pushing for SKE48 to have the most members ranked, which meant that people couldn't mass vote for her specifically. Yukirin will likely have 2016 in the bag with the additional NGT48 support she'll have.

Completely forgot about the senbatsu this year, seriously never caught up on getting back into watching the akb shows either.

Anyway glad Yamamoto is still a frontrunner, Kitahara is back in the top rank again so all's right with the world as far as I can see. Guess some of my other favorites did not run this year? Matsui Rena and Kuramochi.

I love Sasshi and I'm glad she won again, but I'm still baffled by her popularity. I always assumed *48 wota bought into the idol fantasy more than most (which explains Yukirin in #2), and yet she's more wota herself than idol. but maybe that's the key.

regardless, that's a good win, and I'm happy.

Jurina's time is still to come.

--

also it looks like that Namie Amuro album is now out in the wild in its entirety

e: beaten :p

--

Guess some of my other favorites did not run this year? Matsui Rena and Kuramochi.

yeah, Kuramochi didn't enter. probably more focused on her acting stuff. she's underrated, imo.

Peru

The others tried... which is why it was extra satisfying to see Sasshi effortlessly up the ante with a massive beatdown

CFBkPGNUIAARTNu.jpg

I love Sasshi and I'm glad she won again, but I'm still baffled by her popularity. I always assumed *48 wota bought into the idol fantasy more than most (which explains Yukirin in #2), and yet she's more wota herself than idol. but maybe that's the key.

regardless, that's a good win, and I'm happy.

Jurina's time is still to come.

Well Sasshi's popular mainstream. She's on really big shows chatting with really big tv personalities.

In typical idol-academical fashion she went about explaining that a SSK winner needs three kinds of fan support

Though it’s just my opinion…till Undergirls (17th-32nd), whether the members can enter the rankings depends on whether the members have a lot of casual fans at the moment, or have very enthusiastic and core fans even if they are few. I guess the rankings till 10th place are also same as that. But whether the members can enter Kami7 depends whether the core fans support them enthusiastically AND in addition to this, widely and shallowly whether a lot of fans who buy only one CD - those are really near to the general people – will vote for them.“

http://nori-metal.tumblr.com/post/120733196579/an-interview-with-sasshi-about-sousenkyo-2015

Well Sasshi's popular mainstream. She's on really big shows chatting with really big tv personalities.

I'd argue that there's also a perception that she was shunned by being cast off to an upstart group when she was nearing the peak of AKB. So while some fans may have been pissed about what she did to get moved to HKT, it also caused those fans that still supported her to become even bigger supporters just to give a middle finger to management.

tatsuki

I'm not happy.

I was glad that Mayu seemed completely fine with her rank though. She was pretty lively while giving her speech. It was a nice change of pace compared to most of the girls before her.

I like Yuki and everything... I just don't get how she always ranks so high all the time. She honestly doesn't do very much all year long. Good job on second place regardless.

Kodama got completely robbed. 17th... What a slap in the face. I know she still raised her rank a few spots compared to last year which is good. Being 17th place has to sting though.

I like Yuki and everything... I just don't get how she always ranks so high all the time. She honestly doesn't do very much all year long. Good job on second place regardless.

I'm going to go ahead and assume it's because she's in magazines in bathing suits pretty much weekly?

she's also got a good sense of humor but that doesn't get shown quite as much.

Mayu at 3rd was a surprise, no repeat indeed. I was hoping Takamina or Jurina get 1st but the top 3 is always just too strong.....the votes in the Top 10 this year was pretty damn high honestly. Congrats to Sasshi at No.1 again, she's great and I still don't get the hate for her even after all these years. This year was a pretty crazy overall since members like Kojiharu, Rena and Iriyama didn't join, the big SKE wave rush coming through and lastly many newcomers making it in. Personally I was hoping Tano got higher but she dropped 2 ranks. :(

that's an interesting read. since she is pretty well known even outside of diehards, I wonder if a lot of the older/more casual fans (like me) like she's talking about are her core audience. salarymen with disposable income and all that.

anyway the more I think about it, the happier I am that she won. with Yuko out of the picture I guess she's my default
non-Kinoshita Momoka
oshimen at this point.

Personally I was hoping Tano got higher but she dropped 2 ranks. :(

she's great, but like Jurina, she's still probably got her best years ahead of her

INTERRUPTING AKB-NESS FOR IMPORTANT NEWS

Namie's _genic is a great album with a ton of jams, the featuring with Hatsune Miku is actually amazing. From not liking any of the previews to loving 90% of the songs I'm amazed, she did good. A nice step up from her last album imo.

The others tried... which is why it was extra satisfying to see Sasshi effortlessly up the ante with a massive beatdown

CFBkPGNUIAARTNu.jpg
]

Crying.

To add to the AKB topic, I'm in love with their last a-side, am I too late?

Still trying to catch up on their singles lol. I mostly just follow my main chicks on twitter and thats the extent of my fandom these days sadly.

Though does not surprise me Sasshi won, shes got a lot of the older celebs.... "cross promotion" on lock since it seems like a lot of members don't know many celebs enough to get mentioned by someone famous outside the wota circles. People with a ton of followers like Ariyoshi and what not talk about Sasshi and Kojima a ton and retweet their nonsense ect. compared to others who gotta do it all themselves.

Once again glad Kitahara's whole "omg he tried to hold her hand" in Terrace House thing is over. Her rank dropping because of that was when I re-realized how ridiculous the hardcore are haha.

she's great, but like Jurina, she's still probably got her best years ahead of her
Yeah, her dropping must of been hard on her but the amount of newcomers was pretty high. She had a rough start during her early years but she started shining more nowadays and I also think she's like the perfect embodiment of Team K's past members into 1. Short and dances great like Yuko, funny reactions like Sae, low popularity and well built like Sayaka and a bit of a diva like Itano. Oh well, guess there always next year haha.

Also kinda sad for Jurina, got over 14,000 more votes than last year but dropped......the Top 10 but especially Top 5 is just crazy. She did cause the SKE wave though and a lot more SKE members got in rank this time. Sucks that Sayanee stays in the same place but she still seems happy and I'm also glad Milky got higher. Lol at the moment when Sakura says she's gonna crush AKB.....I'm actually hoping for it though and hope she ranks higher! Next year is gonna cause bigger waves with NGT entering(Kitahara jumped!) getting higher the mix and Team 8 having another year to get stronger.

僕たちは戦わない is my probably my favorite AKB song in a long while, not saying I hate any of the newer releases though since I still think they were good too. It's a nice change from their usual summer releases they had these past few years.

----------------

Anybody listen to ハルカトミユキ, Drop's or 浮遊スル猫? All female bands with different styles but I don't think much people listen to them much. They all released some new EPs a month or 2 ago that are pretty great imho.

ハルカトミユキ (Haruka to Miyuki) - 世界
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_e7u5pkvH4
Drop's - 未来
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk1IBkgbl98
浮遊スル猫 (Fuyusuru Neko) - 虚栄心パラドックス
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQEtQiJWk_k

Kansoku

Anybody listen to ハルカトミユキ, Drop's or 浮遊スル猫? All female bands with different styles but I don't think much people listen to them much. They all released some new EPs a month or 2 ago that are pretty great imho.

I listen to ハルカトミユキ. I love when they add shoegaze elements like in マネキン. They have great voices as well.

CdJapan shipped my copy of Namie's new album. Yay! Can't wait to receive it!
I couldn't hold off from listening to the album. I'm loving it of course! I am addicted to B Who I Want 2 B. I seriously hope she brings
Hatsune Miku
to her next concert. The only song I'm not loving too much is Anything but it's definitely growing on me.
Her cover of What I Did for Love is amazing! I love her vocals in it.

Still need to listen to Tomomi's album, I'll be getting around to it this week :)

Edit: Did anyone else enjoy Superfly's latest album? I absolutely loved it. My favorite track would have to be Space. It's soooooo good. The whole album is pretty great actually lol.

Kansoku

Saw this yesterday, but in the exact moment I saw this I kept getting Database Error here ~.~

announced their new album!!! \o/
It will release on Aug. 5th and the name is 其れは、繙かれた『結晶』の断片。或いは赫奕たる日輪の残照。

11206086_724943294282845_3835127433523804206_n.jpg

[TRACK LIST]
01. 『緒』                          。
02. 夜は光を掩蔽し、幾多の秘密を酌み、さかしまな『夢想』を育む。
93. 意味を喪失した時、虚無は私を冒し、享楽だけが『慰』みとなる。
04. 離散的な欠片の集合が混沌から『秩序』に変わる時、美は発現す。
05.           『鍵』                。
06. 自由と孤独は秤の上の矛盾であり、その均衡にこそ『檻』がある。
07. 終焉から振り返る我夢は、陰影の濃淡に浮かぶ『光』の残り香。
08.                  『有』         。
09. 道徳はうつろう教義であり、その『閾』は昼と夜でさえ変容する。
10.                       『盈』    。
11. 思想も共感もいらず、ただ幻聴を誘発する『起因』としての音楽。
12. 私は舞う枯葉。風任せな躍動を自律と『錯誤』する縹渺たる虚体。

Also, they have a new drummer, Yoko:

We release 6th AL 05.Aug 2015 from Major label in Japan again.
And we go Japan tour form Oct to Dec.
This AL is tachibana final playing CDs.

And, te' new drum player Yoko is First Orijinal te' member.
She is playing so many bands , BOOM BOOM SATELLITES and so on.

Super happy

EDIT: Listened to BOOM BOOM SATELLITES out of curiosity, sounds like white white sisters.

Kurita

BOOM BOOM SATELLITES are pretty great, their latest album is quite neat.
Always been a super popular band for a reason.

HaKU's new mini-album is already on iTunes btw Kansoku, no need to wait next month.

whoa, if I'm reading this right, Shinsei Kamattechan and Yurumerumo are doing a 2-man live show with possible collaborations?

god I hope they're recording it

broz0rs

I don't think there are many music acts, of any genre, in the world who do stage shows as elaborate and over the top as they do. and they're always different.

I almost choked on my noodles when I saw the skit in which Masahiro Tanaka bean (throwing baseball directly at) one of the girls and her consequent walk up for retaliation against the pitcher. Who comes up with these insane ideas anyway?

Speaking of Momoclo, has this been posted?

MOMOIRO CLOVER Z TO HOLD CONCERT AT ANIME EXPO 2015!

Kurita

I don't think there are many music acts, of any genre, in the world who do stage shows as elaborate and over the top as they do. and they're always different.

Yeah I think they're one of the craziest acts.
SEKAI NO OWARI also do some pretty impressive shows, they're not dancing/moving everywhere though since they have their instruments : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaQP0efeAQQ

KANA-BOON had chefs slicing a giant tuna during their Budokan show, and the guitarist played an entire song in the air... :lol

I almost choked on my noodles when I saw the skit in which Masahiro Tanaka bean (throwing baseball directly at) one of the girls and her consequent walk up for retaliation against the pitcher. Who comes up with these insane ideas anyway?

Speaking of Momoclo, has this been posted?

MOMOIRO CLOVER Z TO HOLD CONCERT AT ANIME EXPO 2015!
When you realize that their manager is a huge pro wrestling fan, a lot of the angles they take make a lot of sense.

many adult Japanese pop stars don't have a shadow of a hope to be as popular internationally as Babymetal. :)

man, they need some new music. I know I'm not "most people" but 80% of their catalogue is 3 years old at this point. I know the album proper only came out last year but it also only had like 3 new songs.

e: this interview, lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2FMHwmK9-s

Yui looks so uninterested in this shit. she's almost as bad as Nocchi at feigning interest.

Zoe

My shitty BT adapter in my car can't handle all the bass in _genic, especially B Who I Want 2 B :lol

Can't say I care too much though... Nothing on this album stuck out for me :\

Top Bottom