• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kurita

Damn, Straightener just announced a live best-of, 35 songs!
It will be released on August 5. Can't wait.

toe announced a new album. HEAR YOU will be released on July 22 and will feature Chara, Kimura Kaera...

Laws00

Randomly checked itunes japan and didn't know Namie Amuro had an album come out

Ohhh shit this is going to be good. So far it sounds a lot better then Past < Future.

God damn

Randomly checked itunes japan and didn't know Namie Amuro had an album come out

Ohhh shit this is going to be good. So far it sounds a lot better then Past < Future.

God damn

This is quite a bold statement!, Past < Future was perfect.

genic_virtual_pic.jpg

Artwork for Namie feat Hatsune Miku, drawn by the character designer and art director for Persona 3/4 and Catherine!

Laws00

genic_virtual_pic.jpg

Artwork for Namie feat Hatsune Miku, drawn by the character designer and art director for Persona 3/4 and Catherine!

For me no. I hated that album.

I first found out about Namie somewhere in 2004 when Queen of Hip-Pop was coming with speed star and girl talk. So I have a Bias for it that and the Play album.

And the art looked Persona like familiar to me lol

neshcom

Banned
Ooh, I didn't know we had a jpopgaf! I just got Namie's new album and damn is it more retro sounding than I expected.

So far, it seems like the album will grow on me like P<F. It's definitely the weirdest song, but B Who I Want 2 B may be my guilty pleasure.

Kurita

Speaking of Pens+ I'm happy to see that their latest EP soccer is available on their bandcamp.
You could only get it at their shows before.

New Gesu no Kiwami Otome
http://youtu.be/C6-AN8J385c
Pretty straight-forward song, I love it. Double keyboards yaaaay!

Passcode's fan club merch is kind of hilariously bleak

I'd buy that inverted cross design on a shirt if they made it in western sizes

--

looks like someone subbed the oppai, oshiri, and ikemen (ok..) episodes of AKB Shirabe if anyone's feeling a little lecherous

--

oh man, this 2& live footage

at 12:35 where she sets the mic down to do cartwheels and back handsprings across the stage :D

Saki's the best. that whole album is pretty special.

Kurita

Saw BRAHMAN and locofrank yesterday (along with a French band I didn't know). Holy crap it was amazing. Japanese punk-rock at its finest.

locofrank were the first band to play so the venue wasn't full yet. It was still really great. I don't know all their songs but it was a blast. Bought their towel after their set.

French band Burning Heads were also cool.

But BRAHMAN were the real deal. Jesus christ it was surreal. These guys are fantastic live, the vocalist Toshi-Low has so much charisma and stage presence. He went in the crowd to sing and dance with us (well, bump into each other), we carried him for a while... There were some Japanese fans, too, and they were great! Cute Japanese girls headbanging and crowdsurfing, so fun haha. Toshi-Low did a MC about nuclear energy, the Japanese government ("Fuck Abe Shinzo" :lol)... It was quite touching actually since he's been doing a lot of charity work after the Fukushima disaster.

Managed to get my BRAHMAN live DVD signed by the vocalist, took a picture with him and another one with locofrank's vocalist. So yeah, fantastic show.

Kurita

Hell yes, new Nothing's Carved In Stone album in september!
Interesting to see that they're releasing it through their indie label... Guess they're not major anymore?
EDIT : the leader actually announced that last month on his blog, woops.

inafking

genic_virtual_pic.jpg

Hi, I was wondering where could I post this. Is it a crime that I went to an actual vocaloid concert in Japan? It was the 2014 Magical Mirai in Osaka, daytime performance.

Here's a proof of that:
ZKPQJ3e.jpg

If you want, I can post more pictures of the concert, the expo and the surroundings of the venue (Intex Osaka).

I hope I'm not blowing it up ´~`

Hi, I was wondering where could I post this. Is it a crime that I went to an actual vocaloid concert in Japan? It was the 2014 Magical Mirai in Osaka, daytime performance.

Here's a proof of that:
http://i.imgur.com/ZKPQJ3e.jpg

If you want, I can post more pictures of the concert, the expo and the surroundings of the venue (Intex Osaka).

I hope I'm not blowing it up ´~`

Feel free to post any Japanese music content you want!

Figured that was coming soon.

Good/bad news about this is I'm down to 1 48 idol group member to care about.

I always had 1 member who was my favourite and a few on the side (lol) but after Tomo left, my interest in AKB went quickly. I wonder if people stick around with the group after their favs leave?

I have next to no interest in their music so for me it's usually whoever is the most interesting on tv or other projects, and there's always at least a couple who are great on variety. Nobody can really replace Yuko though.

tumblr_mzfk44LeHK1sp04pco1_400.gif

tumblr_mzfk44LeHK1sp04pco2_400.gif

I suppose there's a future where the variety talent dries up and then I'm out, I guess

e: vv bummer, you got me excited thinking there would have been some new subs since I last checked

Kurita

&#12486;&#12473;&#12521;&#12399;&#27875;&#12363;&#12394;&#12356;&#12290; (Tesla ha nakanai) will release their second full album on August 26, and 3 tracks on it are produced by Katayose Akito (GREAT3, Chocolat & Akito).
The mini-album released earlier this year was quite good so I'm looking forward to it.

http://natalie.mu/music/news/146308

I guess I totally missed that Chi-bo was effectively leaving &#12422;&#12427;&#12417;&#12427;&#12514;&#65281;(for a year and a half?), and that's a bummer. not super surprising though since she's the only one still in school, and like 2-5 years younger than everyone else

also Mone is on hiatus or something too
but nobody actually cares because she's the most boring member

I've got no complaints about the remaining lineup though. they're not allowed to lose any more members until I can make it to one of their shows

Kurita

Wienners posted their first live video featuring the two new members.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDl2a7uSR5o
Hope they'll release something new this year!

Pretty neat band called &#38911;&#24515;SoundsorChestrA (KyoshinSoundsorChestraA)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t3NZ1s2oss
Strong The SALOVERS vibe going on. Discovered them thanks to the latest batch of MASH A&R, which aims to discover new rocks bands.
http://mash-ar.com/monthly/
It's thanks to this project that THE ORAL CIGARETTES, &#12501;&#12524;&#12487;&#12522;&#12483;&#12463; and LAMP IN TERREN joined A-Sketch.
Their next MASHFIGHT event is in two months. 5 bands (yet to be announced) will compete to get a contract.

_
New KANA-BOON single on August 5th! Yeeeeeees!
1. &#12480;&#12452;&#12496;&#12540;&#12288;
2. &#12473;&#12497;&#12452;&#12521;&#12523;
3. &#34903;&#33394;

Title track will be used as the theme song for the Boruto movie.

Perfume's snazzy 10th anniversary site launched: http://www.perfume-web.jp/anniversary/pppppppppp/

Also for FES this year, they will be collaborating with, WEAVER (hell yes), Negicco, Fujifabric and others.

I have next to no interest in their music so for me it's usually whoever is the most interesting on tv or other projects, and there's always at least a couple who are great on variety. Nobody can really replace Yuko though.

She was always brilliant. I remember one time she and (Koji?) went to an english school and the kid had to tell her the answers, was cute.

Kurita

Was going to post about Perfume FES haha
So cool to see Fujifabric and Kuso IInkai (the vocalist is a huge Perfume fan haha, they did a quiz when they performed on Music Japan).

broz0rs

Regarding some of the previous posts on 48 group variety shows, I personally think the group that has the best overall variety shows is Nogizaka46. Here's an excellent subbed episode if you're interested:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k4r5Y9cW7pO3vs8VUGf

I've always thought that all of the various 48 groups have the same shows. Their skits get recycled for each different group. But currently I feel Nogizaka shows have higher production values (probably because of that Sony money lol) and are more entertaining as a result.

Speaking of entertaining personalities in the group, I'll just repost the subbed eps of the incredibly raw Sasshi show Sashihara no Ran https://github.com/alexvishweb/Sashihara-no-Ran-Eng-Subs

Stuff like this is why I like AKB honestly, the music is kinda meh in all honesty and something I assume most fans fully acknowledge in their hearts, though some are awesome or have great moments. Fell in love with the group from their random variety shows and the straight forward comments/self awareness a lot of members have. Almost to the point where its cynical at points lol.

That said there are some actual performers in the group singing, acting, and some model quality ladies. Too bad they rarely get openly promoted but that's a constant complaint :p

Top Bottom