• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Aizo

Banned
I have money and a J-address. Let's see if activating Hola makes it work. I think I've tried this before.

Edit: Like always. I've changed the settings so much, but it doesn't ever fix anything.
現在ご登録いただいている支払方法で注文の処理を完了することができませんでした。MP3ストアから音楽を購入するには以下のいずれかの対策をとり、新たに注文しなおしてください:

アカウントサービスから1-Clickに設定されている支払方法を確認する。
1-Clickに設定されている支払方法が、現在ご購入手続きを行っている国のものか確認する。
1-Clickに設定されている支払方法を変更する。

支払方法に関する問題について詳しくはヘルプページをご覧ください。

CGk2iUBUIAA0iBp.jpg

that movie that Mariko Goto is in is coming out sometime this fall

an article with some stills: http://cinema.ne.jp/news/cinemas2015043017/

Welp, bought MONOEYES's single on Amazon MP3 (Japanese store), I'll just listen to until I die.

Thanks stump sock for your quick tutorial you posted ITT a few months ago. Worked like a charm, I'll just use this method from now on!

I have money and a J-address. Let's see if activating Hola makes it work. I think I've tried this before.

Edit: Like always. I've changed the settings so much, but it doesn't ever fix anything.

no problem, but some new information has come to light about Hola being... completely awful, actually

http://adios-hola.org/
http://www.dailydot.com/technology/hola-vpn-security/

probably time to uninstall it and use another method for proxy connections

reposting:

Two accounts. Account "A" has my address and credit card info. Account "B" is just an email address basically.

- Buy gift certificate with "A" and have it emailed to "B"
- log into "B" via proxy (you can't buy mp3s without a japanese IP address), redeem gift certificate and purchase the music
- download the music with their MP3 download software, which conveniently doesn't require a jp IP and gives you the option to log in to .jp or .com

It's a hassle but you're literally just converting currency to store credit so there's no markup.

it's actually kind of important that you are both trying to purchase the mp3s from a japanese IP as well as having a japanese billing address for your credit card if you're going that route. hence the gift certificates/two accounts; if the second account doesn't have a billing address and you're only paying with GCs, the system is totally fine with it as long as you have a JP IP address

Aizo

Banned
Removed...
I just want that new Veltpunch EP!!! D: D: D: D:
it's actually kind of important that you are both trying to purchase the mp3s from a japanese IP as well as having a japanese billing address for your credit card if you're going that route. hence the gift certificates/two accounts; if the second account doesn't have a billing address and you're only paying with GCs, the system is totally fine with it as long as you have a JP IP address
Yeah.. I got the first part. My main Japanese account received gift card credit. I know my address and everything work, because I buy Japanese books and manga from the kindle store. Music just isn't allowed..

most browsers have built in proxy settings you can use so you just have to find a working proxy server, which is kind of an iffy proposition. but if you're just using it to buy things from time to time, it'll do

if you're trying to watch video or browse blocked sites, you'll probably want to invest in a vpn, either renting one from a company or setting up your own on a hosting service, but boy is that a pain in the ass.

Kurita

Hard to pick a favorite song. Everything is so so so good.
Maybe My Instant Song... But When I Was A King is like Make A Wish 2.0 which is amazing.
What I Left Today is also crazy good...

Need the albuuuuuuum

God bless 2015 with all these awesome releases.

Aizo

Banned
Looks like I may need to stay in Tokyo a bit longer before I move.... maybe I will go to Rock in Japan....

Kurita

True... Haha
Sweet Love Shower and Rising Sun Rock Festival are the runner-ups.

And Countdown Japan is basically the winter edition of Rock in Japan... Slightly more artists actually.
Let's not forget Metrock, Japan Jam Beach and Viva La Rock in spring! Lucky Japanese rock fans...

Hahah wow

At this point her biggest draw is being like watching a slow motion train wreck

and being super hot I guess but man this music thing is not working out

Aizo

Banned
http://rijfes.jp/2015/artist

I don't think I'll be in Tokyo for the second weekend, so I'm leaning towards the second day.
I'd really love to see Alexandros, Bradio, Perfume, Golden Bomber, Bigmama, indigo la end, and go go vanillas...

Honestly, though, I can't turn down an opportunity to see UVERworld, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, Capsule, Kyary, Oral Cigarettes, Kyuusonekokami, Suiyoubi no Campanella, Spitz, Soil & Pimp Sessions, and The Flickers... Those are all shows I'd pay to see individually, even. I could maybe even see tricot and Kinoko Teikoku again! Also, just for Kurita, I can take pictures of Hoshino Gen!

[Alexandros] - Dog 3
Pretty funny PV for their weirdest song.
They're so awesome.

Kurita

http://rijfes.jp/2015/artist

I don't think I'll be in Tokyo for the second weekend, so I'm leaning towards the second day.
I'd really love to see Alexandros, Bradio, Perfume, Golden Bomber, Bigmama, indigo la end, and go go vanillas...

Honestly, though, I can't turn down an opportunity to see UVERworld, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, Capsule, Kyary, Oral Cigarettes, Kyuusonekokami, Suiyoubi no Campanella, Spitz, Soil & Pimp Sessions, and The Flickers... Those are all shows I'd pay to see individually, even. I could maybe even see tricot and Kinoko Teikoku again! Also, just for Kurita, I can take pictures of Hoshino Gen!

They're so awesome.

Let's see when artists I like are performing...

Day 1 has [Alexandros], indigo la End, Elephant Kashimashi, Awesome City Club, ORANGE RANGE, Galileo Galilei, go!go!vanillas, cinema staff, SPECIAL OTHERS, the telephones, Dramatic Alaska, Dresscodes, KNOCK OUT MONKEY, HAPPY, Perfume, BIGMAMA, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, plenty, THE BAWDIES, The Mirraz and Yoru no Honki Dance.

Day 2 : UVERworld, OKAMOTO'S, THE ORAL CIGARETTES, Kinoko Teikoku, Kyuso Nekokami, Good Morning America, Quruli, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, Zainichi Funk, Suck a Stew Dry, Suiyoubi no Campanella, Tokyo Karankoron, TOTALFAT, Flower Companyz, The Flickers, Hoshino Gen, MY FIRST STORY, Yonezu Kenshi and Rhythmic Toy World.

Day 3 : avengers in sci-fi, KANA-BOON, Kuusou Iinkai, SAKANAMON, Nothing's Carved In Stone, NICO Touches the Walls, Negoto, THE BACK HORN, BLUE ENCOUNT, BUMP OF CHICKEN, Base Ball Bear, Hitorie, MONOEYES, LAMP IN TERREN and Wasureranneyo.

Day 4 : Akai Koen, ACIDMAN, Arukara, androp, KEYTALK, Kidori Kidori, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, GOOD ON THE REEL, CreepHyp, Shiggy Jr, Scenarioart, Straightener, THREE LIGHTS DOWN KINGS, Czecho no Republic, the HIATUS, back number, Frederic, Mrs. GREEN APPLE, Yogee New Waves, WANIMA and ROTTENGRAFFTY.

It's impossible to pick... :lol Maybe Day 3 I guess just because it has KANA-BOON, MONOEYES and Nothing's Carved In Stone.
Day 4 has KEYTALK, Straightener and the HIATUS though. Both days have Takeshi Hosomi anyway... haha
But really you just can't go wrong, Day 1 and 2 are also amazing.

taopriest

It's a pretty good line-up this year.

Among others i miss so far Tokyo Ska Paradiose Orchestra, ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION and NEGOTO. But i'm not complaining. The line-up is good enough already.

Kurita

First you have to enter a lottery, that's the only way to get a ticket (or you can buy it from a reseller a few days before the festival but it's quite expensive).
There's a lottery every month until the festival starts (the very first lottery allowed you to get a small discount).

One day tickets cost 12.000 yen, a two days pass costs 22.500 and if you want a four days pass it's 41.000.

Kurita

And how do you enter a lottery?
You just have to go on the website when it's open and sign up. It's pretty simple, you just have to be lucky. Unfortunately you can't do it if you don't live in Japan.

The only Japanese festivals (to my knowledge) where you can buy tickets from overseas are Summer Sonic and Fuji Rock, and that's because they have foreign artists.
That's quite stupid imo...

broz0rs

lol hilarious

----------------

http://akbzine.com/2015/06/23/akb48-unranked-member-documentary-english-subtitles/

English subbed documentary on the lives of unranked AKB idols

The show has a very good explanation of how the AKB ranking system works. Also, the show documents some wotas who are crucial to the success of these idols.

The wota segments are cringeworthy, but are the most memorable parts imo

Just got One Ok Rrock Mighty Long Fall at Yokohama Stadium and Hiatus Keeper Of The Flame at Budokan Blurays in the mail. Don't know which one to watch first.

Rize_21

Someone is uploading rare songs of Kei Goto( Pay money to my pain singer) on youtube, some are from his myspace, thought it'd be a good thing to share it here.

Flavor of shadow

Orange Sky

All I know about you, sweet song, surprising coming from him, one of my favorite, whistles are always an instant win in my book.

Aquarius

From here to somewhere acoustic 1

From here to somewhere acoustic 2

e: forgot that song 17th, from his first band, Gun dog.

Hope the official channel will release the PTP x OOR song called Game Over one of these days.

Top Bottom