• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

oh goddammit haha

I've never seen her with pink hair. and just now recognized the outfit

it was a decent guess :p

CGLjFbtUUAMuhqs.png

e: ah, speaking of them, I just stumbled across an english subbed interview with Hachigatsu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTfmxBQ3fl0

e2: per the below, I decided at a certain point that it's not even worth keeping track of all the middle fingers from Guso Drop and Next Shoujo Jiken since that's basically their "thing" and I'd drown out all the others :D

Kurita

Sakanaction are doing the theme song and the OST of the Bakuman live-action movie.
Trailer featuring the song

And indigo la End announced a new single, it will be released on september 16th.

EDIT : Trying Apple Music... Stuff that's not on my local store isn't available for streaming. Actually, even stuff that is actually on the store isn't on Apple Music.
Sooooo, thanks but no thanks.
Service is a mess right now so maybe they'll show up later? I don't know...

LayLa

Have to say I really came around to liking the Bish album, some songs that sounded a bit dull on first listen really got their hooks into me after a few listens. Also one of the girls has an amazing voice that I can't get enough of (have no idea who is who yet lol)

Have to say I really came around to liking the Bish album, some songs that sounded a bit dull on first listen really got their hooks into me after a few listens. Also one of the girls has an amazing voice that I can't get enough of (have no idea who is who yet lol)

You're almost certainly thinking of Aina. Girl's a total vocal powerhouse. there's a handful of songs on there I love, but the rest has just failed to grab me. they're definitely promising, but their sound needs to branch out from the mid-tempo hard rock stuff/mid-tempo minor key ballad thing they're doing.

Aina's the one here that sings the first lines, and the chorus, and basically 2/3 of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfpWHCIeFlU

Kurita

My gf got us tickets to see [Alexandros] and OKAMOTO'S live next week in London, I'm so happy right now!! It's gonna be amazing!
Vamps are also performing but I don't care about them heh

Slowdive

Banned
New Kyary single "Crazy Party Night ~ぱんぷきんの逆襲~" out September 2nd. She's also playing at The Roundhouse in London October 11th.

Compared to her other stuff her recent output hasn't been that good and the new coke tie-in song sounds awful, I know it's "only" a song made for an advert, but that's beside the point. It's just saddening to hear that she's not as passionate anymore. I was pretty shocked she was so up front about it. If she's okay with releasing half-arsed songs with commercial tie-ins then good for her I guess.

She's always expressed self-esteem issues in her interviews, even back when she debuted and was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Interesting, but I guess it's better her be upfront about her music than a PR machine.

CIyh9XNUsAAPfkX.jpg

Someone is channeling her inner 4Minute

giphy.gif

Don't do it, don't go there!

Slowdive

Banned
New Billie Idle album "ROCK" N "ROLL IDLE" out September 16th

Edit: Koutei Camera Girl have a new member, and there might be more on the way.

Zoe

but yah not like she and Hitoe really added much to Speed =P

The heartbreaking thing is that they were starting to take a larger part in the music. They took over all the backing harmonies, and the direction Yuki Jolly Roger was taking them in during 4 Colors was really promising.

Maybe Hitoe will come back for their 20th...

CI95DvWWoAAAZZ8.jpg:large

the setlist for Momoclo's show in LA (the second Chai Maxx is a mistake)

I don't want to sound like a total downer because it's pretty cool they even played in the states, but I don't know if I could pick a less interesting setlist if I tried

I can't figure out if they tried to pick what they thought westerners would like, or if they decided that since they're playing at an anime expo they should perform all their lousy anime tie-in songs. or some combination of the two.

at least they played Moretsu...

taopriest

The preview of Kaela Kimura's new song "EGG" sounds good. More a classic Kaela Kimura pop ballad. She will release her new single on 2nd September.

Kimura Kaela - "EGG" recording film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3E8uhKsMI&feature=youtu.be

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

avex uploaded a full new song from moumoon's new album "It''s Our Time". The latest acoustic FULLMOON live ist also online with an acoustic version of the track "It''s Our Time".

New song from new album “It’s Our Time”. Theme song of NHK premium drama “ある日、アヒルバス”.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y60UXZXitk

moumoon / FULLMOON LIVE 2015.July
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=185&v=lulcVn9Es8Q

The album covers and tracklist were also published:
http://moumoon.com/discography/

The preview of Kaela Kimura's new song "EGG" sounds good. More a classic Kaela Kimura pop ballad. She will release her new single on 2nd September.

I love Kaela. Song sounds like something that could have fit on Circle or +1.

also something's wrong with me because I read the title as E-G-G and not... egg lol.

Kurita

Entered the raffle to buy a ticket for MONOEYES's show in Tokyo next month, wish me luck...

Yonezu Kenshi to release a new single on September 2nd, yaaaaay!

Suprising news, Ken Yokoyama will perform on Music Station next week. Dude is THE punk-rock icon in Japan (well, one of the most popular artists in Japan by extension) and it will be his first performance ever on a music program.
Needless to say that Twitter and other social networks went insane (the Natalie article announcing it is one their most shared articles ever). I'm not even a fan of his stuff but I'm still excited.

llehuty

Just saw Dempagumi at Paris' Japan Expo. Their energy is so infectious, I even hurt my leg a bit during it, but damn, I just couldn't stop bouncing. It was just a showcase and not a full concert, so they only performed 6 songs or so. It definitiely left me wanting more of their antics.

I had no idea that they did the ribbon choreography of 楽しいことがなきゃバカみたいじゃん!? live. It was a nice surprise. Also, I was on the fence with their latest summer single, but the live performance with all the crowd bouncing and shaking the towels (or whatever they had in hand) elevated the song.

Also, their french introductions and random sentences were really cute.

Just saw Dempagumi at Paris' Japan Expo. Their energy is so infectious, I even hurt my leg a bit during it, but damn, I just couldn't stop bouncing. It was just a showcase and not a full concert, so they only performed 6 songs or so. It definitiely left me wanting more of their antics.

I had no idea that they did the ribbon choreography of 楽しいことがなきゃバカみたいじゃん!? live. It was a nice surprise. Also, I was on the fence with their latest summer single, but the live performance with all the crowd bouncing and shaking the towels (or whatever they had in hand) elevated the song.

Also, their french introductions and random sentences were really cute.

i'm jealous, i've been enjoying their tweets/photos on this trip. especially Pinky's "We are book"

their setlist was better than Momoclo's, even at half the length :\

hahah! apparently this:

CI_wmRlWUAAcCTD.jpg

Sasshi looks really good though, so I can't complain.

also, what in the hell is up with Mayu's costume?

akb48-helloween-night-20-640x360.jpg

Makes total sense, it immediately reminded me of KFC, simple dance and people can dress up for dance covers etc, it's just the song is no where near the level of KFC. and that wasn't that of a great song to begin with.

Lmao did they stitch breasts to Mayu's costume

Aurarian

Hey guys, what's some good stuff to get into? I used to listen to a lot of jpop-jrock from my teenage years. Mostly AKFG, Uverworld, LARUKU, and stuff more like that. I have expanded that a bit with Kana-Boon and Indigo La End. I'm looking for more stuff like the last two mentioned. Thanks!

Hey guys, what's some good stuff to get into? I used to listen to a lot of jpop-jrock from my teenage years. Mostly AKFG, Uverworld, LARUKU, and stuff more like that. I have expanded that a bit with Kana-Boon and Indigo La End. I'm looking for more stuff like the last two mentioned. Thanks!

Kurita is the resident j-rock dude but he's on france time. he made a list for someone a while ago:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=155079100&postcount=5524

might be a good place to start

also if you're into indigo la End, if you didn't already know, the singer has another band that is currently blowing the hell up

Gesu no Kiwami Otome

I see X Japan have finally announced their album release date, (March 11) only took them a million years.

god i feel old

Kurita

Saw THE BAWDIES live in Paris yesterday. Holy crap what an amazing show that was. They usually play in front of thousands of people in Japan so seeing them in a tiny livehouse was quite special. These guys have so much energy... One of the guitarist went into the crowd, playing like a maniac on his knees... Their MCs were super fun, they are soooooo nice. There were a few hardcore Japanese fans, and even the people who didn't really know the band had a blast. Memorable live, hope they'll come back!
Managed to catch TAXMAN's guitar pick and I got a CD signed!

The band signing my CD
VZHWteD.jpg

AkUJAul.png

TAXMAN's pick
Np8toKP.jpg

Kurita

Kurita is the resident j-rock dude but he's on france time. he made a list for someone a while ago:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=155079100&postcount=5524

might be a good place to start

Thanks for linking to my post :)

KANA-BOON are definitely my favorite band right now so I'm happy to see another fan.

A couple more bands that you might enjoy.
Dramatic Alaska
Yoru no Honki Dance
Giraffepot
Kankaku Piero
BLUE ENCOUNT
Contemporary na Seikatsu
Mrs. GREEN APPLE
LAMP IN TERREN
UNISON SQUARE GARDEN
04 Limited Sazabys
Brian the Sun

Top Bottom