• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kansoku

If you all were going to Rock in Japan on Saturday (8/1), whom would you definitely see?

Absolutely would need to see: indigo la End and Perfume
Would see: plenty, miwa, BRADIO
Maybe: SCANDAL, BIGMAMA, [Alexandros], 夜の本気ダンス

IMO, day 2 > day 4 > day 1 > day 3.

Kurita

If you all were going to Rock in Japan on Saturday (8/1), whom would you definitely see?

Artists I like for each day, bolded are the ones I'd like to see the most

Day 1 : [Alexandros], indigo la End, Elephant Kashimashi, Awesome City Club, ORANGE RANGE, Galileo Galilei, go!go!vanillas, cinema staff, SPECIAL OTHERS, the telephones, Dramatic Alaska, Dresscodes, KNOCK OUT MONKEY, HAPPY, Perfume, BIGMAMA, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, plenty, THE BAWDIES, The Mirraz, Yoru no Honki Dance.

Day 2 : UVERworld, OKAMOTO'S, THE ORAL CIGARETTES, Kinoko Teikoku, Kyuso Nekokami, Good Morning America, Quruli, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, Zainichi Funk, Suck a Stew Dry, Suiyoubi no Campanella, Tokyo Karankoron, TOTALFAT, Flower Companyz, The Flickers, Hoshino Gen, MY FIRST STORY, Yonezu Kenshi, Rhythmic Toy World.

Day 3 : avengers in sci-fi, KANA-BOON, Kuusou Iinkai, SAKANAMON, Nothing's Carved In Stone , NICO Touches the Walls, Negoto, THE BACK HORN, BLUE ENCOUNT, BUMP OF CHICKEN, Base Ball Bear, Hitorie, MONOEYES, LAMP IN TERREN and Wasureranneyo.

Day 4 : Akai Koen, ACIDMAN, Arukara, androp, KEYTALK, Kidori Kidori, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, GOOD ON THE REEL, CreepHyp, Shiggy Jr, Scenarioart, Straightener, THREE LIGHTS DOWN KINGS, Czecho no Republic, the HIATUS, back number, Frederic, Mrs. GREEN APPLE, Yogee New Waves, WANIMA and ROTTENGRAFFTY.

So Day 3 and Day 4 are basically the best ones imo but as usual everyday is amazing.

--
Hosomi Takeshi read my mail on the radio during his show Hedgehog Diaries. I'm so fucking happy :') :') :') :')
http://lekurita.tumblr.com/post/125415102211/hosomi-takeshi-read-my-mail-on-the-radio

Beaten again.

I like the song okay and it fits in with a number of their other songs but it's one of the least interesting singles and videos they've done in ages. I like that the members on hiatus came back for the song and video though.

Looking forward to the rest of the ep though. Half the time their b-sides are the best anyway.

Speaking of Hashida Kazuma though, I was watching the izukoneko DVD yesterday (finally) and he was part of the live band. Dude loves his idols I guess :)

ed2090

Neo Member
A couple new things from Base Ball Bear today.

「それって、for 誰?」part.1 (ミュージックビデオShort Ver.)
https://youtu.be/5Ovg2ntmOvw
Its an excerpt from the new PV and a different minute and a half of the song than released before. This time it has the guitar solo too.

They also have a livestream starting about 19 hours from this post.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv229487629

Im not really sure what it is exactly but is but it seems to be 24 hours. I remember back in 2011 watching a lot of their 25 hour livestream for their 10th anniversary. This one should have some nice stuff too leading up to the 3 new singles.

jbug617

Banned
Sekai no Owari is releasing a Double A-Side single on September 25th.
S.O.S is the theme for Attack on Titan: End of the World and Promise is the song they did for NHK.

Also included will be acoustic versions of Snow Magic Fantasy and Pierrot

Kurita

Sekai no Owari is releasing a Double A-Side single on September 25th.
S.O.S is the theme for Attack on Titan: End of the World and Promise is the song they did for NHK.

Also included will be acoustic versions of Snow Magic Fantasy and Pierrot
Hope it'll be as good as the new one.
The b-side is great, too. Sounds like a track from the album ENTERTAINMENT.

Nothing's Carved In Stone「Out of Control (Live from Monthly Live at QUATTRO Vol.2 "感触" 2015.04.08)」
Hyped for the live album <3

Short version for a new Ling Tosite Sigure track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TatA0ldojNY

Dunno if this already got covered in this thread, but it turns out Passepied's last album got released on vinyl by a label from France. There's three copies left on Bandcamp. CDJapan happens to have some copies too, possibly other Japanese stores, but it'll probably be cheaper for most people through Bandcamp (plus you get immediate FLAC/MP3/whatever downloads, I <3 Bandcamp).

If vinyl's not your thing, it's also a convenient way to buy the album digitally, so that's cool too.

EDIT: Also the first Charisma.com album. Weird. Or hell, here's their full catalog, you guys probably have a better idea of what's relevant than I do!

Dunno if this already got covered in this thread, but it turns out Passepied's last album got released on vinyl by a label from France. There's three copies left on Bandcamp. CDJapan happens to have some copies too, possibly other Japanese stores, but it'll probably be cheaper for most people through Bandcamp (plus you get immediate FLAC/MP3/whatever downloads, I <3 Bandcamp).

If vinyl's not your thing, it's also a convenient way to buy the album digitally, so that's cool too.

EDIT: Also the first Charisma.com album. Weird. Or hell, here's their full catalog, you guys probably have a better idea of what's relevant than I do!
oooo and its name your price as well

vanty

Paruru just joined Twitter. @paruruchan0330 can't link conveniently since I'm on my phone. Hopefully there's some fun times ahead.

AdamT

New video for &#26241;&#12494;&#31992; by Wagakki Band. Aka that band that makes me want to play Samurai Warriors. Don't really follow them and I haven't watched any videos of theirs since Ikusa earlier this year, so it was nice to see something new.

Edit: Shot in the dark... anyone watch J-dramas? I finally finished Season 2 of Mozu and have to say the soundtrack is pretty good. Some of the ambient tracks are downright spooky. Plus, Yoko Maki.

Hazaku

Edit: Shot in the dark... anyone watch J-dramas? I finally finished Season 2 of Mozu and have to say the soundtrack is pretty good. Some of the ambient tracks are downright spooky. Plus, Yoko Maki.

I'll at least watch whatever Sakamoto Yuji puts out each year. Whether it's good or bad ...

Have you seen Double Face? Infernal Affairs remake/adaption from basically the same team as Mozu. It's damn good.

AdamT

I'll at least watch whatever Sakamoto Yuji puts out each year. Whether it's good or bad ...

Have you seen Double Face? Infernal Affairs remake/adaption from basically the same team as Mozu. It's damn good.

I finished Mondai no Aru Restaurant on Monday. It was the perfect balance of cheese and drama. I felt the same way about Sakou No Rikon. Although that one was a bit more drama heavy. The special felt like 30mins straight of tears.

No, sadly! I missed quite a bit from 2012. I enjoyed the Infernal Affairs trilogy, so I must check this out.

Hazaku

I finished Mondai no Aru Restaurant on Monday. It was the perfect balance of cheese and drama. I felt the same way about Sakou No Rikon. Although that one was a bit more drama heavy. The special felt like 30mins straight of tears.

No, sadly! I missed quite a bit from 2012. I enjoyed the Infernal Affairs trilogy, so I must check this out.

Haha. I freaking love Saikou No Rikon and its OST. I stole the name of one of their cats for my GAF and PSN username haha.

Yeah, do give Double Face a go. Only 2 parts :)

AdamT

You must! The ending is really sweet.

Also, it looks like the new Perfume single is called Star Train and releases alongside the World Tour 3 Document.

All aboard the Star Train

tumblr_lpzmgx0mJq1qju1wzo1_400.gif

it better not be some sappy mellow my colour song cus no thanks

Aizo

Banned
I just got back from Rock in Japan. Holy shit. What a day. I'm beat. I'll post about it tomorrow, but really great show. My one regret is that my friend was too tired to stay for Alexandros. Laaaaame.

Some small notes... Shiina Ringo played my favorite song, &#27578;&#12375;&#23627;&#21361;&#27231;&#19968;&#39658;, but without Soil and Pimp :( Also, she ripped off her dress during the last song.

indigo la End played a new song, and it was radical.

Perfume are like androids on stage. Also, they love Thai Ramen and Okkusenman, apparently. They wouldn't shut up about the Thai Ramen that used to be at Rock in Japan two years ago. They even made up a chant for the audience about it.

Top Bottom