• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

taopriest

I just got back from Rock in Japan. Holy shit. What a day. I'm beat. I'll post about it tomorrow, but really great show. My one regret is that my friend was too tired to stay for Alexandros. Laaaaame.

Some small notes... Shiina Ringo played my favorite song, 殺し屋危機一髪, but without Soil and Pimp :( Also, she ripped off her dress during the last song.

indigo la End played a new song, and it was radical.

Perfume are like androids on stage. Also, they love Thai Ramen and Okkusenman, apparently. They wouldn't shut up about the Thai Ramen that used to be at Rock in Japan two years ago. They even made up a chant for the audience about it.

It seems to be a standard casual talk subject to get into the people. I remind their casual talk about cupcakes and cheeseburgers at their world tour. lol So food is something everyone can talk about...

Looking forward for more details about your day.

rockin'on Quick Report DAY-1:
http://ro69.jp/quick/rijfes2015

Edit:

About Perfumes new single "Star Train": I can imagine this could sound like a "Perfect Star Perfect Style" and "Glitter" mash-up.

So the title makes me think of "star rain" from ACIDMAN. It's been a while i listened to it. One of my favorite songs from their studio album "Yu to Mu".

taopriest

Nobu (the telephones) had a busy day at JAPAN JAM BEACH 2015. Beside the telephones he made a guest appearance on stage with STRAIGHTENER and POLYSICS.

If he gets bored about the hiatus he can perform on rock festivals as guest. :-D

the telephones - Don't stop the move, keep on dancing!!! (JAPAN JAM BEACH 2015)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kZx50Gw5vbRooBch3kE

STRAIGHTENER - VANISH (JAPAN JAM BEACH 2015)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2tlTRorOHLqQKch7Zf

POLYSICS - BABY BIAS (JAPAN JAM BEACH 2015)
http://www.myvideo.de/watch/11996704/LIVE_POLYSICS_BABY_BIAS_JAPAN_JAM_BEACH_2015_07_31

t2oqt6W.gif

kasane

I dig it.

That video reminds me of how common industrial settings are with punk/hardcore/screamo bands over the years. First one that came to mind was Fc Five's Enter/Evolve. Sad I only got to see them once.
I have always wanted to do the guitar spin but im afraid that i might break my tele lmao

Aizo

Banned
Get a strap that doesn't come off of the pegs easily at all.
Source: My friends were in Metalcore bands.

faridmon

AIZOOOOOOO

Nile Long's materials is finally on western Itunes. Been listening to The Brixton Academy for far too long (still am), can't wait to snap up their new material!

faridmon

OPPORTINITY Was good, but I hope they go back to their garage root of Top of the Fuck'n World and We are the Fuck'n World. But I guess that is a tall order since their last few releases have been more popular.

But I also liked their mini-album before OPOORTINITY way more than any other newer releases so I am board whatever they do!

Aizo

Banned
AIZOOOOOOO

Nile Long's materials is finally on western Itunes. Been listening to The Brixton Academy for far too long (still am), can't wait to snap up their new material!
Good to see you again. Glad to hear it... making me want to listen now. What have you been listening to?

faridmon

Good to see you again. Glad to hear it... making me want to listen now. What have you been listening to?

Too much of The Brixton Academy, also the new Ykiki Beat album is fun but disappointing but still loving DYGL, you should try them, they are the shit!

But now that Nile Long is on Itunes, I'll grab both of their releases and just listen the hell out of them.

Oh and that Kimono Album is still godly, wish we got another one :(

Aizo

Banned
Talk to you all in a bit. Moving to the countryside. At least I got to see a big festival before the move, because I doubt many bands will tour in my prefecture!

Peru

wat

MOMOIRO CLOVER Z TO RELEASE 2 ALBUMS IN FEBRUARY 2016 + DOME TOUR
Momoiro Clover Z has announced that they will be releasing their 3rd and 4th album simultaneously on February 17, 2016. The albums are currently untitled, but each will be released in a Limited and Regular edition.

Moreover, the group will embark on a Dome Tour that will cover 5 locations and 9 dates starting February 20 at Nagoya Dome. Check out some of the released details below.

3rd ALBUM “untitled”
2016.2.17 ON SALE
[First Press Limited Edition (CD + Blu-ray)]
Price: ¥ 3,800 + tax
Contents: TBA

[Regular Edition (CD Only)]
Price: ¥ 2,800 + tax

4th ALBUM “untitled”
2016.2.17 ON SALE
[First Press Limited Edition (CD + CD)]
Price: ¥ 3,800 + tax

[Regular Edition (CD Only)]
Price: ¥ 2,800 + tax

lol, I saw that yesterday. maybe they heard me complaining that they should probably put out some fucking music one of these days

now whether or not it'll be any good is up for debate

but Hyadain is apparently back on board and their album tracks are frequently the ones I like the most anyway, so

--

lol

Aizo

Banned
Huh. I like Monoeyes more than I remembered. I'm really confused, because I didn't really like Hosomi's voice Ellegarden, but I really like The Hiatus.

kasane

Huh. I like Monoeyes more than I remembered. I'm really confused, because I didn't really like Hosomi's voice Ellegarden, but I really like The Hiatus.

bruh hosomi is my husbando

hes perfect!

and on other news i finally set up my last fm hahahha

Kurita

Purchases of the day :3

This week's releases : KANA-BOON's single, PELICAN FANCLUN's mini-album, androp's full album and Straightener's live album.
Aaand セプテンバーミー's mini-album released this year.

New Sakanaction single coming on September 30th, limited edition includes a CD with the soundtrack they did for the movie Bakuman.

popyea

What are some good websites for importing/downloading Japanese music? I'm trying to delve into the discography of Oshiriprenprenz and find the releases of a couple of similar bands but I'm not finding much.

Kurita

What are some good websites for importing/downloading Japanese music? I'm trying to delve into the discography of Oshiriprenprenz and find the releases of a couple of similar bands but I'm not finding much.

Cdjapan, HMV, Amazon Japan
Digital : iTunes, Amazon

Aizo

Banned
I just wanted to mention a few highlights and post a few pictures of the first day of Rock in Japan. This isn't everything I saw or all of the pictures I took, but I don't really want to make a super-post.

Bigmama
Didn't play many old songs at all, but they put on a pretty great show, and seeing everyone dance so happily really put a smile on my face.

a crowd of rebellion
I had only listened to one song by this band, so all I knew was that they were Metalcore. I hadn't been to a Metalcore since I saw As I Lay Dying or something years ago, so I decided that it was time. I even put in my ear-to-lip chain piercing for the show to suit the mood. Mosh pit got pretty crazy, and then I realized that Japanese Metalcore culture is the same as the West, which is a bit unfortunate. Some guys were doing hardcore dancing until the breakdowns, and that's when the heavy mosh began. Moshing was fun, but watching guys do cartwheels and roundhouse kicks to the music was so silly.

Perfume
I enjoyed Perfume even more than I thought I would. They played Pick Me Up and Relax in the City, which was a nice surprise. I was also surprised to see how they really dance like androids—it's pretty impressive choreography. I now understand why they can't really focus on singing for real, although the lip syncing must take some effort. They also sang a few songs with the audience, including Okusenman from like 3 decades ago. A-chan was obsessed with the fact that Thai Ramen is no longer at one of the Rock in Japan stalls. She had each part of the audience yell "YEAHHH!!!" when one of them said "Tai," "ra," or "men." Pretty funny.

indigo la end
Had to rush over from Perfume, so I missed a couple songs. Still, I got to hear a new song they haven't released, and I got to see them :D :D It just makes me more excited to see Gesu, honestly.

Shiina Ringo
Wow. What a performance. As I said earlier, she played all my favorite songs, but she also played that shitty autotune one—it really is a great song, besides the autotune, though. The big band, the big stage, the big performance... I really want to see just her in concert now.
Also, for the last song, she ripped off her dress right before she started singing. Quite the crowd-pleaser.

Overall, it was an incredible day. I just wish it didn't make me so fucking tired and sore. I hope I can go again next year, too!!

Top Bottom