• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Koutei Camera Girl's second album, Leningrad Loud Girlz, confirmed for release Dec. 2. Hopefully it won't be a Tower exclusive again. Two new instrumental demos on their soundcloud. I wonder if they get all their titles from spam email.

damn that's soon. Ghost Cat is in the lead for my #1 this year so far, I hope this one coming so soon after isn't going to have an impact on quality or anything. but at least those demos sound promising.

as an aside, I can't think of another group that has members with more annoying names than they do.

---

http://ototoy.jp/news/82106

BiSH are doing a hide and seek game in Shibuya, hah. if you can find them somewhere in the neighborhood you get a free cheki with the member you find. cute.

I'd be willing to bet that Momoko will be found the most, she'd probably be the least likely to blend in.

Jakoavain

they're really hit or miss for me

i guess im not really into metalcore too much

Their previous album was good, the new singles aren't really for my taste either. Have to give that new one a try.

Hopefully they'll do another countrywide tour to promote this new album.

Kurita

8-men hip-hop band SANABAGUN announced their major debut today! They've been performing in the streets for a few years, I actually discovered them last year while walking in Shibuya. Really happy to hear the news, Victor got a great new band in their roster.

i feel like i should be more into this than i am. it's lacking something.

also Atsuko from BiSH is super cute, holy shit

CMRYB02VEAEmgr2.jpg:large

Slw5Jbx.gif

:)

a friend pointed out that that Have a Nice Day!/ Oyasumi Hologram EP is on NA Spotify, for some reason.

e: AND Oyasumi Hologram's "Machine Songs"

AdamT

Received a confirmation that the BIS Kaidan 2 vinyl has shipped. Apparently comes with a free tote bag and sticker. Excited. I'll post pictures once it arrives in if anyone wants.

Edit: New Crossfaith MV Devil's Party. Cleaner vocals this album it seems. I dig the breakdown/chorus.

I listened to the BiSH debut again the other day and found it a lot stronger than I remembered. The thing about Kenta Matsukuma songs is it's hard to tell at first how much you'll end up liking them. Often they sound superficially similar but some turn out to be forgettable while others end up hopelessly catchy. I thought Final Dance was kind of lame at first but now it's become one of those songs that will pop up in my head at random times probably for the rest of my life.

zeopower6

If anyone is in LA/SoCal, Angela Aki's doing a benefit concert with the Japanese Aurora Foundation at the Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center on October 18th.

Many people know her as the artist behind the theme song of FFXII, Kiss Me Goodbye.

http://www.jlsf-aurora.org/page/fall-event2015

Tickets are $35-125! I knew she was going to school here but never thought she'd do a concert, hmm...

I listened to the BiSH debut again the other day and found it a lot stronger than I remembered. The thing about Kenta Matsukuma songs is it's hard to tell at first how much you'll end up liking them. Often they sound superficially similar but some turn out to be forgettable while others end up hopelessly catchy. I thought Final Dance was kind of lame at first but now it's become one of those songs that will pop up in my head at random times probably for the rest of my life.

I've come around on a number of the songs on the debut, but I've come to the realization that it's because even when Matsukuma's music is somewhat underwhelming, the guy is basically unstoppable when it comes to vocal melodies. that applies to Final Dance too; nothing mindblowing on the instrumentation, but the chorus is a monster.

also lol

--

also I finally got around to watching the 6th episode of that Paruru show and holy shit

I like that the producers immediately figured out what people like about that show and now just push it in that direction

--

also there's something kind of beautiful about the fact that Fuck on the Beach seem to now exclusively play shows with idols

someone uploaded the BiSH set from TIF that got them kicked out

setlist:

1 星が瞬く夜に
2 星が瞬く夜に
3 星が瞬く夜に

:D

it's hard to think of an event that fundamentally fails to understand its own audience more than TIF. hold an idol festival, but ban dancing/wotagei...

--

and the Passcode set because <3 Passcode

6:40 for more idols flipping the bird and then Yuna putting a lot of actual hardcore vocalists to shame

e: oh my god hahaha

MNgPosk.gif

from here

vanty

also I finally got around to watching the 6th episode of that Paruru show and holy shit

I like that the producers immediately figured out what people like about that show and now just push it in that direction
What's the sixth one? Last I watched was about some girl working at a bar with her sister and they mostly talked about if they were lesbians.

broz0rs

What's the sixth one? Last I watched was about some girl working at a bar with her sister and they mostly talked about if they were lesbians.

that's the sixth one. the whole premise of the show imo is just really about letting her say some weird off the wall stuff. I think they're trying to tone her down though on the recent episodes. she's too valuable as an AKB front girl.

the long shots of her staring off into the distance looking disgusted when Atsushi is talking to her, her general bitchiness towards every single person featured in the VTRs, implying that one guy should give up on his dreams... so good

&#12497;&#12473;&#12500;&#12456; posted a preview of their new album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoHsRb3Nh9M
Sounds amazing.

Sweet, figured this was coming but didn't realize it was so soon. Picked up the last two singles recently to fill out a CDJapan order and they turned out to be my favourite things even though I kind of thought I was over Passepied a bit. NEW MUSIC MACHINE and that Pizzicato Five cover are ace.

EDIT: Just found out New Music Machine is actually a Cornelius cover. Which, on the one hand, sweet, but on the other hand I worry that lately their original songs aren't doing it for me like their older material.

Kurita

Are 80kidz doing something with Happy?

Yeah they're releasing a collab next month, can't wait.

Bought Nothing's Carved In Stone live album! They also announced the details of their 7th studio album.
MAZE - September 16th
YOUTH City
The Poison Bloom
Milestone
Perfect Sound
&#12487;&#12525;&#12522;&#12450;&#12531;&#12434;&#25506;&#12375;&#12390;
MAZE**
Discover, You Have To
Calling Behavior
Go My Punks!!!!
Gravity (Album Mix)
Thief

New People In The Box is unusually catchy, great song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrAYym7wgUk

Aizo

Banned
Daoko is releasing a single with three versions on October 21st. The first two versions have different DVD content, and the third is just the CD. The three tracks are also announced:
01. &#12373;&#12415;&#12375;&#12356;&#12363;&#12415;&#12373;&#12414;
02. &#12422;&#12417;&#12415;&#12390;&#12383;&#12398;&#12354;&#12383;&#12375;
03. ShibuyaK

One DVD has footage from her one man show from two days ago. I think I may get that one.

Daoko is releasing a single with three versions on October 21st. The first two versions have different DVD content, and the third is just the CD. The three tracks are also announced:
01. &#12373;&#12415;&#12375;&#12356;&#12363;&#12415;&#12373;&#12414;
02. &#12422;&#12417;&#12415;&#12390;&#12383;&#12398;&#12354;&#12383;&#12375;
03. ShibuyaK

One DVD has footage from her one man show from two days ago. I think I may get that one.

is it the full concert? or just a short clip?

edit: nvm CDJapan says this for edition B :

DAOKO brings the first single. This edition includes three tracks total featuring Hideya Kojima (ORESAMA). Comes with a bonus DVD featuring a music video directed by Yuichi Kodama and excerpts from her one-man concert held on August 17, 2015. Cover artwork features a photo of DAOKO. Comes with a "Shibuya Book" with photos shot by DAOKO. *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.

Kurita

I highly doubt it, you rarely get the full version of a show if a digest version of it is released as a bonus DVD with a single/album.

idk anything about BiSH but this rules

lol at King Turnt ripping his shirt off 11 minutes in

the bald staff guy in the back who looks exactly like a stooge character from a samurai movie right after that kills me

but yeah between this performance and the new single, they've finally managed to completely win me over.

Kurita

Went to Rui Hashimoto's brand Stingray's pop-up store today in Harajuku, aaaand got a picture with him! Dude is the official photographer of a lot of bands I love like the HIATUS, Nothing's Carved In Stone, cinema staff, Straightener, ONE OK ROCK so it definitely made my day :D
Such a nice guy, we talked for a couple of minutes... A pleasure to finally meet him.

Top Bottom