• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

whoa, 絶叫する60度 (Screaming Sixties) actually put out a video

since probably nobody knows who they are, they're an idol group produced by punk band 6% Is Mine who you might have heard of.

what's not immediately obvious from the video is that they usually take to the stage in fetish gear and have a habit of going into the crowd and beating people up. if you get a cheki with Montero , something like this will probably happen

B5S4qgsCAAAn9IA.jpg:large

Never listened to Babymetal but impressive they're trying for Wembley arena, is their audience that big here?.

Why can't Perfume be doing this :(

AdamT

Why can't Perfume be doing this :(

Right?! I try and plug them as much as I can with friends and on other sites. Maybe they should do an Amuse tour to other countries with Babymetal, ONE OK ROCK, and Perfume together haha

Envy's latest album Atheist's cornea finally released on vinyl. Really nice blue-black coloring on the record. It sounds awesome.

Okay everyone, I need j-pop recommendations that'll cheer me up. Rough week! Perfume usually works, but I'm looking for something else.

Kurita

Why is everybody announcing albums today?!

New Yonezu Kenshi album on October 7, SANABAGUN's major debut album on October 21 as well as Arashi's new album the same day. Yaaaaay

Nothing's Carved In Stone released a PV for YOUTH City, can't wait for the album...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q83xDRLu0Og
Taku is such a cool vocalist <3

taopriest

Tomoko Kawase will release a new EP titled "Tommy's Halloween Fairy Tale" on 14th October 2015 and announced a the brilliant green / Tommy heavenly6 / Tommy february6 christmas concert.

Tommy heavenly6&#12289;Tommy february6&#12300;Tommy's Halloween Fairy Tale&#65288;&#20206;&#65289;
via http://natalie.mu/music/news/158535

my frame of reference for metalcore is stuff like Converge, Botch, Earth Crisis, etc, and I had forgotten what that term had turned into in the 2000s

...no thanks

Japan had a nice little hardcore underground, but real metalcore, can't say I've heard it yet from Japan. It would be cool if there was a Japanese band that sounded like DEP on Calculating Infinity.

completely agree (only good DEP album as far as I'm concerned). primarily though Japan largely skipped over that and went with straight hardcore, crust/d-beat, and grindcore. which is still pretty ok by me. they're fucking good at it, anyway.

Kurita

Did you see my post about them from Rock in Japan? I don't know if you ever listened to American Metalcore, but there are maaannnnyyyy bands that sound exactly like them. That said, they were really fun live.
Nah, I don't know much about American music in general so this kind of sound is still new to my ears I guess. Plus they have some song where they sing in Japanese so that makes it more enjoyable than their overseas counterparts.

Latest tofubeats is quite nice, looking forward to his album.
http://youtu.be/MJqAhbhffpU

easily the most commercial single they've released, even managed to de-squeakify Pinky :p
will be interesting to see if it brings in new fans while keeping the old ones.

I don't think it's too much of a departure from Kira Kira Tune or Lemon Iro, but I guess those were technically b-sides that happened to get videos.

but yeah I was thinking the same thing about Pinky :p
even though I kind of like her weird quacking voice

heck, I just like weird voices in general. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a huge part of the appeal of a lot of the j-music I listen to

there was a poll recently where people voted on the best singers in idol groups and Risa and Eitaso both ranked. actually, Eitaso higher than Risa, which surprised me.

A-chan and the 48g rankings seem artificially inflated (you can't tell me Takamina is the 5th best singer with a straight face), but as a whole it's a pretty good list.

near 0% chance this movie will be any good (although hopefully better than the BiS movies) but I'm excited anyway

at the very least we get two new songs out of the deal

and the article does say that the dead girl is revived by a black metal band so there's that

Jakoavain

It's different since there seems to be no part for shouting MIX's and it seems that it wasn't done with wotagei/MIX/calls in mind.

The song is great, but hopefully they don't make it a habit to omit fan interaction from their future songs. B-Side is bound to be more classic dempagumish upbeat song.

I'm sure you'll still get the "MOOOO-GA MOOOO-GA" chants when she's failing at singing but yeah. the album version of Future Diver sounds weird after hearing it with fan interaction so many times.

Jakoavain

I'm sure you'll still get the "MOOOO-GA MOOOO-GA" chants when she's failing at singing but yeah. the album version of Future Diver sounds weird after hearing it with fan interaction so many times.

Wait, you mean you don't do the chants by yourself while listening?

Seriously speaking, I'm sure there will be some part with fan interaction. It's just bad manners to yell over someone singing.

Top Bottom