• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Kurita

Sad day for the Japanese rock scene, Shinji from SECRET 7 LINE died in a car accident yesterday while the two other members got injured...
Lot of musicians on social media paying tribute to him, he will be missed.

Marty Friedman is pushing Guso Drop

---

箱庭の室内楽's album is out later today/tomorrow. 『empty words』 Album Trailer

looking forward to hearing that one.

---

CNyyD3WUAAAs8AZ.jpg:large

Gumi from BiSH. hah.

---

new episode of the Dempagumi podcast is up

e: hah, Pinky's adorable

e2: oh my god no, nobody's going to think you're cool if you wear a Dragonball shirt, don't tell them that

Kurita

So huh I just realized you don't even need to use two accounts to get money on your Amazon Japan account, you can just click on "Reload your balance" and use your credit card to buy points.
GYziEtk.png

Looks like it takes a little bit of time to update your balance though (took 30 minutes for me, maybe I'm just unlucky).

So huh I just realized you don't even need to use two accounts to get money on your Amazon Japan account, you can just click on "Reload your balance" and use your credit card to buy points.
GYziEtk.png

Looks like it takes a little bit of time to update your balance though (took 30 minutes for me, maybe I'm just unlucky).

huh, I wonder if that's new

Kurita

Aaaand you don't need a proxy anymore to buy music. I just bought Yonezu Kenshi's new single without using a VPN. Holy shit, we're living the dream.

Kurita

Universal is weird, sometimes you get short versions (back number's PVs never get full versions on Youtube), sometimes you get full versions (some CreepHyp PVs, MONOEYES, Yonezu Kenshi...). It's quite random.

man even the b-sides to OTNK are great. BiSH is quickly climbing up my personal favorites ladder

oh man and that BILLIE IDLE single is out today, and rules

and MGSV is out

what a day, what a lovely day

Aizo

Banned
I still have major issues with Amazon Japan for music, and music only. Even though I'm in Japan, it won't even let me use my points!! Wtf

I still have major issues with Amazon Japan for music, and music only. Even though I'm in Japan, it won't even let me use my points!! Wtf

huh? I bet thats some nonsense bureaucracy crap underneath.

And LOL at the guy who just got arrested for selling fake used bikini's/clothes of NMB48's Yamamoto Sayaka. Made a pretty penny too it seems lol.

pretty lengthy interview with Aina from BiSH

news to me:

Chitti is the leader, Aina is jealous of that.

BiSH fans are called Seisouin (basically, "trashmen"- hah. as opposed to BiS' "researchers")

Aina nearly drowned while filming OTNK, Chitti and Hug-mii pulled her out. says she can't quit the group until she saves them.

the interviewer makes a crack at the fact that she and Watanabe seem a little closer than manager/employee (I mean seriously, Watanabe posted a picture of them cuddling not that long ago)

Aina claims to be somehow surprised that she's most popular member. draws comparisons to herself and Uika. seems kind of accurate.

unrelated, apparently Chitti and Hug-mii did a swimsuit something or other show on niconico so anybody with premium, have fun timeshifting that

Kurita

Lord have mercy, these outfits are GOOD
Perfume's new single, STAR TRAIN, out October 28!

・STAR TRAIN
・TOKIMEKI LIGHTS
・イミテーションワールド
・STAR TRAIN -Original Instrumental-
・TOKIMEKI LIGHTS -Original Instrumental-
・イミテーションワールド -Original Instrumental-

<DVD>
・STAR TRAIN -Video Clip-
・Perfume View
Note that this is the tracklist for the first press edition, the regular edition has no DVD and only has TOKIMEKI LIGHTS and STAR TRAIN.

Kurita

Maybe she does! Picture quality isn't good enough. But I think it's just the color of what she's wearing. I highly doubt you'll see Perfume showing this much skin haha

Aizo

Banned
Lord have mercy, these outfits are GOOD

Perfume's new single, STAR TRAIN, out October 28!

Note that this is the tracklist for the first press edition, the regular edition has no DVD and only has TOKIMEKI LIGHTS and STAR TRAIN.
Great look. My gf is annoyed that they are still doing singles. We need a new album D:

neshcom

Banned
Not a fan of the denim-y, furry thing Nocchi's wearing, but Kashiyuka is killing hard enough for all three.

Is this the first Perfume single with different tracklists between editions?

Kurita

Gesu no Kiwami Otome announced the release of a double a-side single on October 14! Guess we'll get an album in December/January?
news_xlarge_gesunokiwamiotome_art201508.jpg

news_xlarge_gesunokiwamiotome_otonatic_jk.jpg

Tracklist
01. オトナチック
02. 無垢な季節
03. O.I.A
04. 灰になるまで

Aaand, FOLKS announced a third mini-album for October 21! Sad news though, as the bassist is temporarily leaving the band :(
BLUE & YELLOW
news_xlarge_FOLKS_JK.jpg

Tracklist
01. BLUE & YELLOW
02. 夜の砂漠と月の光
03. D2R
04. 六畳銀河
05. 裸足のシンデレラ

--

Oh shit, KANA-BOON and Scenarioart will release a split single on November 11th! They are doing this because both bands will provide theme songs for the anime Subete F ni Naru. Great way to push Scenarioart since KANA-BOON is one of Sony's biggest artists atm. Hype hype hype!

Kurita

Damn, that Gesu cover.

The girls being taller than the guys kinda make it weird though haha

Details about KEYTALK's new single, スターリングスター, revealed.
01. スターリングスター
02. 鏡花水月
03. summer end

Title track will be used as the ending theme for Dragon Ball Super. Hyped for the single!

Not a fan of the denim-y, furry thing Nocchi's wearing, but Kashiyuka is killing hard enough for all three.

Is this the first Perfume single with different tracklists between editions?

Not 100% sure but it seems like it, they're really pushing for people to buy both editions. (Different tracklists, different posters).

Going to pre-order the Regular Edition soon.

Really like the PV but the song idk, seems a bit disjointed at parts and the Bruno Mars breakdown irks me.

Peru

Kurita

September/October killing it as usual, Kyuso Nekokami and Good Morning America both announced full albums.
Kyuso Nekokami's album will be out October 21 while Good Morning America's will be available the following week. Can't waiiiiit

Albums I'm looking forward to in September : Czecho No Republic, Nothing's Carved In Stone, Passepied, tofubeats, Large House Satisfaction, OKAMOTO'S, Suck a Stew Dry, Awesome City Club, Age Factory, Flower Companyz.

October : The Mirraz, Yonezu Kenshi, plenty, ircle, Good Morning America, Contemporary na Seikatsu, SPECIAL OTHERS, Bob is Sick, Fujifabric, Arukara.

Aaaand a bunch of singles by KEYTALK, indigo la End, cinema staff, go!go!vanillas, THE BAWDIES, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, Sakanaction, CreepHyp, Base Ball Bear, SEKAI NO OWARI, 9mm Parabellum Bullet.

----

OH YISS

Kansoku

OMG, chouchou merged syrups. announced their first full album, 「yesterday, 12 films later.」

This is THE year, holy shit.

Kurita

Saw that today yeah. Not really following them but I'm happy to see they got noticed by a major label (well, it's Imperial Records, not the biggest major label there is but still).

Sad to hear that フレデリック's drummer is leaving the band :( He was a pretty cool guy. Seems like he wants to be with his family in Osaka so more power to him. I wonder if they'll get a new drummer or just be a three-piece band forever (with support drummers)
http://natalie.mu/music/news/159316

Top Bottom