• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

vanty

Tano Yuka said:
CO0RpOOUwAAJ2rq.jpg:orig

llehuty

Can't miss out on Charisma and tempura kidz possibly together.
Co-signed. My body is ready. I need to study Boom Boom Satellites, since it's the only performers I don't know any song about them...

Fake edit: Wait, Dive For You was my JAM!!! I had completely forgot this song/band for some reason. I replayed that scene on the Apleseed movie so many times *pre-youtube struggle*. I need to catch up with this band.

Hear a bit of Perfume's STAR TRAIN in the new movie trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uXFYOuXm70
It sounnds great ;_;
Why can they keep delivering after all these releases ;_;
They are so good ;_;
Will make sure to pay my respects to Tanaka in Paris.

Aizo

Banned
Huh. Am I really the first one posting this?
Daoko - Girl
I thought it wasn't supposed to stream until tonight at 10pm. I was just reading that on Natalie, and then I saw someone shared it on facebook. Welp.

Looking at the comments... I didn't know Daoko had so many weeb fans.

Kurita

Some good news to start the day!

Galileo Galilei will perform the ending song for the second season of Haikyu!! which is my favorite manga/anime series atm

OKAMOTO'S and THREE LIGHTS DOWN KINGS will both perform Gintama's new OP/ED, THREE LIGHTS DOWN KINGS will release the song as a single on December 2. No info for OKAMOTO'S, it's not on their upcoming album so... I don't watch it but it's a popular series so it'll give these bands a nice boost.

ONE OK ROCK will release a Japanese version of The Way Back on October 2nd, which is a bonus track on the American version of 35xxxv, looking forward to hearing both versions :)

Happiness from E-girls are finally releasing their new single in a month, hopefully it's a lot better than their last.

tumblr_nunp0z3mda1targgco3_r1_1280.jpg

Neat covers

tumblr_nunpfm3XGB1targgco1_r1_500.jpg

It sounnds great ;_;
Why can they keep delivering after all these releases ;_;
They are so good ;_;
Will make sure to pay my respects to Tanaka in Paris.

Ikr ;_;

My hopes weren't that high for this single but hearing that has me !!

Kurita

I mean, who doesn't?

Base Ball Bear announced the release of a new album recently, called C2, making it the sequel to C, their major debut album released in 2006. It'll be released on November 11. Don't know if they'll manage to top their album released last year but who knows. The limited edition comes with two bonus discs, the first one being C2's instrumental tracks, the second one being a remastered version of C.

Larsa

yeah, it was pretty surprising. On the talky bit afterwards she was wearing a hat and they did the filming only half her face on close-ups thing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This was from a livestream on niconico earlier today about the Girl video. She did Samishii Kamisama (the first part of the Girl video) and the other A-side of the single releasing next month, ShibuyaK.

Kurita

Another PV for Czecho No Republic's latest album Santa Fe, released last week, guess this'll be the last video for this album. Kinda wanted one of Beautiful Days.
https://youtu.be/Zq7QB8L6HQM
A fantastic album, can't recommend it enough.

Bought Ken Yokoyama's new album this week. I've never really listened to him or Hi-Standard but he's been everywhere lately so I ended up grabbing it.
Well, he's the punk-rock scene's big brother for a reason, it's everything you want from this genre. Short, fast-paced, I Won't Turn Off My Radio is already a classic punk anthem. I also like the fact that he's been trying to become a role model for the new generation of artists recently, might be one thing that made me buy the album. His appearance on Music Station for the first time ever this year was huge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEqtB6mSmWc

vanty

I consider myself a 48g fan, but I have no idea who that is lol
I don't think many people do

• Wants to visit Italy
  • Wears contact lens
  • Known for her yuri (lesbian) character
AKB48 Senbatsu Elections

2nd Senbatsu Election - Not Ranked
3rd Senbatsu Election - Not Ranked
4th Senbatsu Election - Not Ranked
5th Senbatsu Election - Not Ranked
6th Senbatsu Election - Not Ranked
7th Senbatsu Election - Not Ranked

Looked at last year's results, does seem kinda rigged with Kojiharu vs Milky in the final.

People think that the Janken tournaments are rigged because the first year it took place one of the members that isn't particularly popular won it (Mayumi Uchida). Then for the next four straight years a very popular member won (Mariko Shinoda, Haruka Shimazaki, Jurina Matsui, and Miyuki Watanabe). But they changed the rules last year. Instead of the winner being the center of next single, they instead get a solo debut, and 2-16 get to appear in a song and video for a coupling song from that single. So they're no longer tying winning the tournament to getting the center position in the next single.

I've never really bought into the idea that it was rigged. I actually think Paruru's victory proved that it isn't because she won by literally choosing scissors every single time. Who'd actually rig it in that way? :p

I've never really bought into the idea that it was rigged. I actually think Paruru's victory proved that it isn't because she won by literally choosing scissors every single time. Who'd actually rig it in that way? :p

But then you have those who say that this is proof it's rigged because who could win with just throwing out scissors.

AdamT

The last 3 weeks I've been very busy. I have too much catching up to do!

To contribute, I showed my friend BiS Kaidan - 2 on vinyl last night. He's a huge (and picky) noise fan and was blown away at the genre mixing. I linked him to the Specific Bandcamp page, so hopefully he'll start digging into a new music hole that I've been in so many times. If i could get him into BiS and Charisma.com, I'd consider that a victory.

TsuXna

Entered lottery for two MONOEYES concert, wasn't lucky to win a ticket :( There's second lottery, so i'll hope i'll get tickets. On the other hand i got a ticket for UverWorld's Christmas show. :3

Kurita

Entered lottery for two MONOEYES concert, wasn't lucky to win a ticket :( There's second lottery, so i'll hope i'll get tickets. On the other hand i got a ticket for UverWorld's Christmas show. :3
Tried to get a ticket for their show in Tokyo last month, didn't win either...

The last 3 weeks I've been very busy. I have too much catching up to do!

To contribute, I showed my friend BiS Kaidan - 2 on vinyl last night. He's a huge (and picky) noise fan and was blown away at the genre mixing. I linked him to the Specific Bandcamp page, so hopefully he'll start digging into a new music hole that I've been in so many times. If i could get him into BiS and Charisma.com, I'd consider that a victory.

When BiSKaidan happened, it felt like a nation's entire musical history had reached critical mass and imploded into a singularity which I had no chance of ever escaping from. I'd always been keeping an eye on Japanese music, but that event was probably what started the transition of my listening habits going from about 10% Japanese music to like 75% now. No regrets.

Slowdive

Banned
Holy shit, Susumu Hirasawa's new album was announced nearly a month ago and I've only just found out. To be fair, it was through his fan club newsletter, it's not officially announced yet. His Japanese fans are really good at not leaking stuff, this was posted on a French fan site.

Out in October. There's 10 tracks + 1 bonus track.

Aizo

Banned
HaKU is going to do the OP for the Prison School live-action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=criamOq5Qss

Not that it bothers me, but they sure shifted vocals, huh. I feel like the bassist is going to be doing most of the vocal work going forward. Music feels a bit more dancey too.
Whoa, you're right. That's a pretty extreme shift. Could just be for this song, though.
Kinoko Teikoku's new album on november 11th! Yes! Can't wait. Please be as good as the previous one, more songs like Telepathy/Overdrive or Chronostasis <3
Killin' me.

Kurita

HaKU is going to do the OP for the Prison School live-action. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=criamOq5Qss

Not that it bothers me, but they sure shifted vocals, huh. I feel like the bassist is going to be doing most of the vocal work going forward. Music feels a bit more dancey too.

That's pretty catchy, would be better with the main vocalist though.

It's okay but from what I've heard &#12503;&#12524;&#12476;&#12531;&#12488; is way better. Music video is great though!

Same comment, it's okay, it just sounds like a Fight The Night 2.0. I'm looking forward to The Way Back which is going to be a more dynamic song.

Giraffepot announced the release of their second mini-album on November 18th, I'm super excited. Hydro Human, their previous mini-album, was a fantastic release. Didn't manage to find their Tower Records exclusive EP released this year though :(

Kinoko Teikoku's new album on november 11th! Yes! Can't wait. Please be as good as the previous one, more songs like Telepathy/Overdrive or Chronostasis <3

You're goddamned right. Some people poo-poo'd on that last album because it wasn't as "shoegazey" as Eureka, but I loved it.

Top Bottom