• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

You'll Melt More! will also release an album Nov. 11, including a contribution from Mariko Goto.

it'll be interesting to see how many new songs are on there, considering how much stuff they've put out since the last album.

they were hanging out with Goto in like november of last year, I had figured that nothing would come of it after she went on hiatus.

it's actually not unreasonable when it comes to japanese music dvds. it seems like there's a lot of content on there too.

I'd like to see what the quality of the live shows are before maybe buying it, but it's kind of impressive how much stuff is in the package.

Kurita

Anyone who knows Japanese what is this about? Something about Yoshiki playing Splatoon and Taiko Drum Master? Weird ahah

Yoshiki is facing Maxmurai (a famous Youtuber), they're going to play Splatoon, Everybody's Golf and Taiko Drum Master.

Received KANA-BOON's new live DVD and Nothing's Carved In Stone's new album yesterday.
KANA-BOON's show was just wonderful. A packed Budokan, perfect setlist... The "gimmick" of this concert was that every member got to fulfill one of their dreams. Maguro (vocals) got to see a chef slicing a huge tuna on stage (and he ate it :p), Meshida (bass) got to ride a segway around the arena (the other members mocked him cause it was a lame dream :lol), Koichan (drums) performed a magic trick with pros and Koga (guitar) played a song in the air. It was a blast!

Nothing's Carved In Stone's album is pretty great, I'm not really "used" to it yet, but it sounds like a cross between echo and REVOLT.

Kurita

Uminote disbanding in December :(
Apparently they've done everything they wanted so I guess there's no hard feelings, they just want to do new things.

Kansoku

indigo la End released a second PV from their latest single. Overall it's a solid release but the previous single was better imo (the title track was their best song to date imo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKbRotDP5mg

雫に恋して is better than this song, but then again, I didn't like 雫に恋して too much when I first listened to it, but it has grown on me a lot, so maybe I'll like 忘れて花束 more.

And yeah, prev single was much better, tho I like 夏夜のマジック more than 悲しくなる前に.

Larsa

Uminote disbanding in December :(
Apparently they've done everything they wanted so I guess there's no hard feelings, they just want to do new things.

Damn, that stings ;_;
I've been listening to them pretty much nonstop the last few months. 21st Century Soundtrack is really high up on my favorite albums from this year.

Kurita

Damn, that stings ;_;
I've been listening to them pretty much nonstop the last few months. 21st Century Soundtrack is really high up on my favorite albums from this year.

Yeah it's definitely a great album.
I'm sure we'll quickly get new projects by the members, I'm not too worried about that.
They don't even say that it's a "disbandment", they use the word "conclusion", that's a nice way to put it, it's more positive. Last show on December 24th.

Larsa

Yeah it's definitely a great album.
I'm sure we'll quickly get new projects by the members, I'm not too worried about that.
They don't even say that it's a "disbandment", they use the word "conclusion", that's a nice way to put it, it's more positive. Last show on December 24th.

This is the second band with guitarist Takano Kyouske I really like to disband this year :(
He was part of Oomori Seiko & The Pink Tokarev.

And yeah, main guy Sasaguchi So-on is always super active. He just put out a ukulele album a few weeks ago. Most (all?) of uminote's songs are just rearrangements of his earlier songs. I've been considering buying this big box with all of his previous albums., since they seem impossible to find anywhere else.

quite enjoying the new Inshouha.

this thing is quietly becoming one of my favorite releases of the year. I feel like people are really sleeping on them...

--

tumblr_nv10d25kGc1r028v2o1_250.gif

tumblr_nv10d25kGc1r028v2o3_250.gif

tumblr_nv10d25kGc1r028v2o2_400.gif

reasons to live..

Kurita

Reaaaally addicted to Awesome City Club's latest album, Awesome City Tracks 2. This band is ridiculously good... City-pop, funk, hip-hop, rock... they're just so talented.
They remind me of Sakanaction actually. 3 guys and 2 girls en vogue, both bands directly debuted through Victor without releasing CDs before.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Awesome City Club becoming a relatively big band in the near future. Definitely one of the best emerging bands of 2015, along with Mrs. GREEN APPLE.
Check out their album!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RajV0aqK0C8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cP9HeZS37E

m3r4

Dufter Typ taking lurking to the next level
leave them all behind 2015 day 1

Envy/Sumac/Mono/Boris

An amazing experience (just not for my ears). The moment Envy started playing I felt the air conditioning kick with a cool breeze engulfing me. Only it felt more like it was the band reaching out to us, their aura expanding to create a space where we were all equal, all synchronized and all one. I was part of the band and they were part of me. Even though it was my first time seeing them (or listening to them, for that matter), they felt familiar and I knew early what to expect from them, like an old friend. At other points they surprised me with sudden mode changes, and I loved them for it. The lyrics, as far as I could understand them were strong, emotional and on point - goosebumps galore. The growling was a stark contrast to the same singer's soft spoken voice and added another layer of complexity to the songs. Now I am one fond memory, one Envy LP and (temporarily) that ongoing whistling sound in my head richer.

Mono was consistent as always in their performance, ace quality but little variation compared to the show in December 2012 (has it really been almost three years..?).

Boris confused the shit out of me. Definitely the most diverse band I have seen in quite a while, covering a wide range of bpm, genres and moods. The intro and outro were EXTREMELY heavy, dark and dronish, but by the third song we were taken into an ambient, blue-toned landscape to help us relax. When the female guitarist-vocalist took over, I was completely entranced by the sound of her voice and guitar in equal parts, the arrangements were insanely intricate and well paced.

So yeah, it was good.

Aizo

Banned
You gotta start going to more shows! Do many bands not head up North? You have a better chance than me, I bet. I have to go to either Hiroshima or Fukuoka to see most bands I want to see.

Kurita

Fuuuuuuuck, RADWIMPS's drummer is taking an indefinite break :( :( :( :( :(
He's been sick for a while now (focal dystonia), really hope he'll get better :( :( :(

m3r4

Dufter Typ taking lurking to the next level
You gotta start going to more shows! Do many bands not head up North? You have a better chance than me, I bet. I have to go to either Hiroshima or Fukuoka to see most bands I want to see.

Many bands seem to jump Miyagi and head directly to Aomori or even Hokkaido instead.

But I might be seeing Ajikan in October! Trying to get a group together can be quite a hassle, though, and concerts alone are not my thing for whatever reason.
EDIT: OF COURSE it's already sold out... what was I even thinking?

Meeting a friend from Sendai at the show in Tokyo the other day was definitely my highlight of the night.

Kurita

Really? I had no idea he was sick. That's a real bummer :(

At least he'll stay in the band until November so I'll get to see him during their show in Paris next month... He's been diagnosed with this 7 years ago but he just can't take it anymore.

Darksol

At least he'll stay in the band until November so I'll get to see him during their show in Paris next month... He's been diagnosed with this 7 years ago but he just can't take it anymore.

Fuck. I was hoping to see them once I move to Japan. Won't be the same without that little guy beating away at the drums :( Oh well, health has got to come first.

Damn It, I Know What I Am by Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her.

What a band name, lol.

Kurita

Fuck. I was hoping to see them once I move to Japan. Won't be the same without that little guy beating away at the drums :( Oh well, health has got to come first.

Damn It, I Know What I Am by Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her.

What a band name, lol.

Well they'll have one support drummer for their upcoming two-man tour so they're not stopping their activities! It's gonna be a pretty insane tour : the guests are Spitz, CreepHyp, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, Yonezu Kenshi, Kinoko Teikoku, plenty, and the finale is with ONE OK ROCK.

CPrLYWnUYAAM-1H.jpg:large

so apparently Mariko wrote a song for Guso Drop that Hashida Kazuma did the arrangement for?

am I dreaming? this definitely sounds like something I'd think up?

Kurita

Yeees, Frederic will release a new mini-album called OTOTUNE on November 25!
Feels weird to see just three members on their new artist picture...
The (former) drummer posted some sweet tweets today, he received a lot of presents from fans :') Wish him the best.

Brian the Sun will also release a mini-album the same day! :D 2015 just keeps on giving!
Really excited to hear the new songs they performed during the live last last month, they were great!

llehuty

Oh, Boom Boom Satellites will not be at Paris Moshi Moshi Nippon:

We are sorry to announce that due to an hospitalization, BOOM BOOM SATELLITES won't be able to perform at the festival on Saturday, October 3rd.
Please be reassured though: the artist's state of health is not alarming.
People who would like to have their tickets reimbursed can send their request by e-mail to moshimoshinipponparis@japanfm by October 1st.

The festival organizers, including Japan FM, express support to the band and appologize for this sad news to the fans and all the public.
Here is the new concerts schedule:

Saturday, October 3rd:
Charisma.com, TEMPURA KIDZ, CAPSULE, YASUTAKA NAKATA
Sunday, October 4th:
Charisma.com, TEMPURA KIDZ, Cheeky Parade, WORLD ORDER

Looks like nothing too serious, but it still sucks. But with charimsa.com and Tempura Kidz performing both days we are getting for sure a legendary performance of their collab.

Slowdive

Banned
Out February:

BORIS WITH MERZBOW has completed recording a new collaborative full-length LP entitled Gensho (Japanese for "phenomenon"). Gensho is a unique release featuring over 150 minutes of new music spread across two discs. The BORIS tracks are completely new reinventions of some of the band's classic songs, while the MERZBOW songs are new compositions. BORIS and MERZBOW have each contributed exactly the same amount of music, with the two discs intended to be played at the same time on physical speakers at varying volumes so that the listener can experience their own "gensho/phenomenon" every time. The artists also commented, "Of course you can enjoy both albums separately, as a separate work."

http://www.relapse.com/label/news/b...announce-exclusive-one-off-show-in-japan.html

TsuXna

I went to I-rabbits concert yesterday. It was unbelievable atmosphere was fantastic as well as band performance. It's so loud that your inner resonances with music and it feels really good. I definitely want to go to more concerts it's so much fun. I got tickets for Toe and UVERworld concert so far.

Top Bottom