• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Peru

BoA's been looking... different... for the past few years.

Funny you say that when that's a more than a few years old pic. She's always looked different from event to event, weight and makeup. Her face is slimmer now, as people's faces usually get.

2004 -2015

CVIlj3qUYAAgVhr.png

^ not sure if friendly banter or not, but meant no harm on my part. =)
(trying to be extra sensitive, just in case)

anyways, still feeling my way around the thread and trying to learn more about Jpop myself.

Kurita

Received Gesu no Kiwami Otome's new album today. Only listened to it once so far but overall I thought it was pretty great. Definitely feels fresh, they use a lot of synths in this album, that way it has a nice identity and isn't just 'previous album 2.0" so that's great. The fact that it has 17 songs had me worried that a lof of them would be interludes/not real songs but I'm suprised to see that only one track is like that.

jbug617

Banned
Rumors of the reason Kimura stayed with Johnny's is because of his wife. Also speculation they (SMAP) might stay together at Johnny's because their manager might decide to retire instead of starting something new.

Zoe

Rumors of the reason Kimura stayed with Johnny's is because of his wife. Also speculation they might stay together at Johnny's because their manager might decide to retire instead of starting something new.

It really makes no sense for the blame to be on Shizuka now because KimuTaku has threatened to leave before this.

jbug617

Banned
It really makes no sense for the blame to be on Shizuka now because KimuTaku has threatened to leave before this.

well it's not really blaming her. The write up says that Kimura was unsure about leaving. He talked to his wife and she mentioned that they should be indebted to Johnny's for the way they handle their marriage and also to think about the kids.

Zoe

well it's not really blaming her. The write up says that Kimura was unsure about leaving. He talked to his wife and she mentioned that they should be indebted to Johnny's for the way they handle their marriage and also to think about the kids.
They handled the marriage like shit though, and the kids are old enough to already enjoy the mass fortune from both their careers. And as I said, she didn't stop him from threatening it before.

broz0rs

I don't know how real or enhanced this is but if it's even 70% indicative of reality then Minegishi is ripped like a motherfucker. Got the arms and everything. She tweeted some photos from the shoot as well.

There's definite improvement in two months, but the photoshoot exaggerates a bit because she has such a poor posture in the first picture, and in the "after" picture she has on heels, puffs out her chest, and the lighting is different. Nice abs though

Here's Miichan attempting to hijack Paruru's show when she had to miss a few episodes because of her illness. English subbed (I'm joking about hijacking; it's because she does such a great job as co-host for this episode)

That channel, by the way, is a goldmine of recent AKB variety appearances.

edit: fixed link

These are pretty cool

ah, i just saw you are hardcore BoA fan from liehuty on kpop thread.

Peru is THE BoA fanboy. *Flashback to 3.5 years ago*
Most legendary post in k-pop gaf? It did make me a peru fan <3

understood =) and no harm done, but you know i'm legit Korean in the middle of NJ Ktown right? surgery is common even among korean mom's and girls esp on eye lids. nothing to be ashamed of.

don't mean to hijack re: kpop surgery, (tired a bit of kpop) but i'll stick my head in there time to time. anyways, trying to learn about jpop culture as a friend introduced to me recently.
Cheers =)

Slowdive

Banned
:/

Especia to make an important announcement regarding their future in 2016 at STUDIO COAST

Especia’s manager Hiromitsu Shimizu has posted a message of Especia’s official LINE blog. He thanks fans for watching the tour which has ended without any problems. He continues to mention the challenges the group faced mentally and physically as the recorded and rehearsed for the new album mid-tour.

On the topic of Especia’s VIVA FINAL concert in two days, he wishes that this will be an unforgettable concert for the fans. He also mentions that despite that there are two more days until the finale, they have not been able to sell as many tickets as they had imagined.

Additionally, it was written that Especia have made a large decision and will make a important announcement regarding their future in 2016 at VIVA FINAL this Sunday.

The blog entry finishes with Shimizu wishing for happiness to reach the hearts of many on the 17th of January.

http://especia-va-bien.tumblr.com/post/137344773483

daaaaang, I thought they were doing pretty okay for themselves

I'm not sure if I'll be more upset if they break up or if this is a prank/misleading

Darksol

I want Vivid Undress to release an album already. As far as I know they've only released mini albums / big EPs. Anyone heard anything about them lately?

Especia's not dead!

They're just graduating three members!

...Especia's kind of dead? Though I guess this kind of thing is a lot more common with Japanese idol bands and the songwriting/producing talent tends to be behind the scenes, it's still weird to me to lose half your members and still be all "we're totally the same band."

Kurita

Man I'd love to be an insider to learn the details about all that stuff.
I don't like SMAP but that's gotta be interesting. The whole thing broke Twitter in Japan haha

Jintor

Looks like charisma.com got a release tour for their new mini album... hitting up Nagoya on on 4/24. Only one in my area I think.

I was going to make a comment about how much of a cosmic injustice it is that especia is losing three members but SMAP is still together, but then I saw how miserable they look in that video and don't feel as bad. At least especia members can get out if they want.

Top Bottom