• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Slowdive

Banned

Hahaha this is amazing, the blonde girl looks so nervous, I like how she attempts to head bang for a second. I actually saw a video of her doing Suki Suki Daisuki a few months ago but never looked into her.

---

New Co Shu Nie mini album out April 20. Trailer.

Hahaha this is amazing, the blonde girl looks so nervous, I like how she attempts to head bang for a second. I actually saw a video of her doing Suki Suki Daisuki a few months ago but never looked into her.

I saw that too and she kind of actually nailed the vibrato. doesn't look like she has any music out, just mostly does live... whatever these are. pretty great though.

W85zDej.jpg
dang that was fast

inoffensive but still decent enough. hope some of the other songs are a little harder.

--

this outfit though...

ikuze

i just discovered tricot. I saw the name here and there in this thread, but I never really paid attention to them. And now I found out they will be in my city next month, so a YouTube video later and I just bought a ticket. Yay :3

everything about this

i'm dying

the chorus. enon being on screen for about two seconds. noko looking sarcastic as hell. how do you sell a product? lots of closeups of nakata's ugly mug. natsuki gets like three words to sing and doesn't show up for the video.

get paid, bros

Peru

i just discovered tricot. I saw the name here and there in this thread, but I never really paid attention to them. And now I found out they will be in my city next month, so a YouTube video later and I just bought a ticket. Yay :3

I should be so lucky

Kurita

Song is alright, it's a Coca-Cola song. I expected the whole song to be "we're all singing together" but it's cool that there are short solo parts.
Cracks me up that it starts by a Kyary/Takahashi Yu duo though :lol
Especially like the part at 2:03 where it's just androp's vocalist Uchisawa, Passepied's vocalist (forgot her name) and Takahashi Yu.

Plus I get to see Uchisawa, Takahashi Yu and tofubeats singing together

It's kind of funny going through all the trouble of recording so many different vocalists for the coke song, then giving them to a producer who has a reputation for making everyone sound the same. Catchy though.

My latest order arrived and among other things it included the new Necronomidol and Especia albums. The new recordings on Nemesis are a mixed bag. For some songs I prefer the single versions but for others I prefer the new ones. The overall production is less compressed and the vocals are more polished, but maybe some people consider these to be negatives. Carta is probably my favorite Japanese album of 2016 so far, and might be Especia's best overall. All the more devastating that they'll never be the same, but what a high note to leave on.

I'm still kind of dreading what my reaction to Nemesis will be.

At least the Jyujyu album turned out alright. The songwriting is kind of average, but there's some good hooks on there and it's pretty consistent overall. The production rules though. It's raw and trashy but in all the best ways. Gnarliest guitar tone on an idol album in 2016. By which I mean it sounds like a HM-2 through a 10 watt practice amp and that kicks ass

Aizo

Banned
Carta is probably my favorite Japanese album of 2016 so far, and might be Especia's best overall. All the more devastating that they'll never be the same, but what a high note to leave on.
Hmm? I'm still waiting for its release. Was it leaked?
Stealth edit: How did you guys get me into Momokuro and Especia? I never listened to idol groups before 2014.

Kurita

Huzzah, KEYTALK will release two singles in April and May!
HELLO WONDERLAND on April 13th and MATSURI BAYASHI on May 18th. Can't waiiiit.
Especially looking forward to the second single cause their "Matsuri" songs are always dope.

Getting their Budokan live on DVD next week, what a good time to be a KEYTALK fan.

Partially posting this so I remember it later, but here's an interview with NARASAKI.

http://www.billboard-japan.com/special/detail/1488

I guess he's a fan of Psybou Kanojo, Passcode, and Beruha.

--

ゆるめるモ!(You'll Melt More!)「ゆるゼロ」〜「KAWAIIハードコア銀河」20160221@下北沢GARDEN「レアめるモ!」

they dug out the yellow uniforms! Yuruzero is still a cornball song but it's funny to see them play it again. other than Chiffon needing a little more bass practice, that's a solid version of Kawaii Hardcore Galaxy

--

I am totally in favor of this style of Kyary

vanty

HKT48 7th Single's Senbatsu:

Kodama Haruka (兒玉遥)
Sashihara Rino (指原莉乃)
Miyawaki Sakura (宮脇咲良)
Moriyasu Madoka (森保まどか)
Tomonaga Mio (朝長美桜)
Tashima Meru (田島芽瑠)
Kojina Yui (神志那結衣)
Matsuoka Natsumi (松岡菜摘)
Tanaka Miku (田中美久)
Yabuki Nako (矢吹奈子)
Anai Chihiro (穴井千尋)
Ota Aika (多田愛佳)
Sakaguchi Riko (坂口理子)
Fuchigami Mai (渕上舞)
Matsuoka Hana (松岡はな)

yeahyeahwhatev..

Tanaka Natsumi (田中菜津美)

FINALLY BOSS

And Sayanee made an instagram account.

Kurita

パノラマパナマタウン - SHINKAICHI
The band that won the latest MASH A&R audition so I guess they'll go with A-Sketch later this year. Great song, looking forward to what they'll do next.

Really digging this song made using Fukase's vocaloid library, it's actually by Contemporary-na Seikatsu's leader.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvLtc74JXig
Sounds more "natural" than the usual vocaloids imo but that might because I'm used to his voice.

Larsa

Vampillia - holy shit, mother fucker
New EP in april. The description is pretty great:
"Vampillia's new EP ”my heart will go on” is the huge middle finger made by crystal that present for the egoistic motherfuckers who grow powerful all over the world."

I was just listening to The Divine Move yesterday. Such a fantastic album.

"Vampillia's new EP ”my heart will go on” is the huge middle finger made by crystal that present for the egoistic motherfuckers who grow powerful all over the world."

rules. I was wondering recently what Plotkin was up to, nice to see his name on something, even if it's just a mastering credit.

Slowdive

Banned

Yesss.

I kind of want "come on feel the noise" to be a Slade cover.

---

New KOTO mini album out on OTOTOY March 9.

Top Bottom