• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

taopriest

anybody listened to the new charisma.com? samples ain't too hot but I feel like people are going to take umbrage with that opinion

e: missed that Tartetatin song earlier, sounds good.

Didn't listen to this yet. Too much releases this week. I'm still listening to the new SCANDAL and Silent Sirent studio albums. Charisma.com, Tokyo Ska ~The Last~ and POLYSICS are still in line.

SCANDAL sounds good so far. Silent Siren is alright but should be out soon from my playlist.

Kurita

I can't believe Radiko doesn't work even with a Japanese proxy. Let me listen to my favs' radio shows
Of all the things they have to block... It's just radio Jesuuuuus

Kurita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cEi3myCcAg

15 seconds of a new Sakanaction song and Maki Yoko sweating. Next week it will be 3 years since the last album, this is torture.

Two of my favorite things together, Sakanaction and Maki Yoko.
They often get cool artists for these Anessa commercials, last year it was KANA-BOON, before that it was Unicorn, Hoshino Gen, CreepHyp...

I hope they'll announce the new album soon, I can't take it anymore. CreepHyp and the HIATUS need to hurry up, too.

Larsa

After a first listen of the new Charisma.com...I am kinda really loving it tbh. Production is fucking slick and really varied. Every song has a strong identity and personality and doesn't really feel like they fit in on their previous releases. サプリミナル・ダイエット is probably the most familiar sounding track and that one has grown on me a lot. Super fun and playful album.

Some highlights: GODcustomer with the best charisma.com hook with Itsuka going "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you baby~, just GODcustomer in general, what a jam.
The ridiculous wubwub-ness of 腰掛けラップ and that random bridge at around the 3 minute mark.
PH4 is super chill.
ベルサッサ is all over the place but it has this one part near the end where it goes into overdrive and sounds fucking rad.

stump you probably won't like it :p

stump you probably won't like it :p

I actually REALLY like 腰掛けラップ, it's grimy as helllll. I just want a whole album of stuff like that :(

PH4 is ok but kind of unremarkable? GODcustomer is still good. pretty into 等身大グレー. the rest doesn't do anything for me.

they only frustrate me because I think their harder-edged stuff can be so good but they've invested so much into the poppier side of things. but other people like it, so it's ok.

Larsa

アイアイシンドローム is probably still their best one, but I think I'd rate this over OLest with DiStopping way down at the bottom.

アイアイシンドローム is probably still their best one, but I think I'd rate this over OLest with DiStopping way down at the bottom.

DiStopping had 2 songs I love (Iinazuke Blue, TrainHELL), OLest had 1 (アラサードリーミン, despite my griping, the pop thing works here). at 3 songs, this new one falls into second place by default I guess :p

Slowdive

Banned
Pleasantly surprised by the new Charisma.com, it's nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, I love PH4 and GODcustomer. サプリミナル・ダイエット has grown on me a bit but it's the weakest song on the album.

THIS IS NATS / あたしの嘘に付き合って

this is like the third time now I've been literally the first view on one of her videos, lol

Quite a few times I've been the only viewer on her twitcasts haha.

---

Nintendo listened! https://twitter.com/hugmii_BiSH/status/705563214348574723

Edit: New Megumi Wata: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59wx2MzQ65M Her first album is being re-issued on the 16th with this and 恋が曖昧 included.

CcrW-HRUkAAUGPg.jpg:large

Slowdive

Banned
Maison book girl EP out on the 30th, new outfits too: http://natalie.mu/music/news/178601

---

New Oyasumi Hologram song live.

That was quick. Maybe it'll actually be available for shipping outside Japan this time!

It's a Tower Records exclusive, but so was Blindman which was on CD Japan for some reason, hopefully it'll be on there again.

---

ramy t talata and pataco & pataco are leaving Koutei Camera Girl and are part of sister group Koutei Camera Gal now, along with a new member called beer fallow, those promo pics were a bit of a waste then.

k1.jpg

Anyone here still into YUI or Stereopony? I have some stuff I want to sell off (sealed singles, albums and a couple posters).... figured someone here might be interested! If so, PM me and I can list stuff on eBay/the BST thread.

Iso*

Neo Member
I love Japanese music, over 20gb of the music on my computer is Japanese artists and I love finding new artists. I like Cametek, Honeyworks, DJ Genki, Nanahira, Kobyaro, and lots of others. If any of you have any cool artists I would definitely check em out if I haven't already heard them ^_^

Kurita

The normal one is cool, the limited edition is a bit busy imo.
Also why do we get 4 Kashiyuka and only 2 Nocchi/A-Chan.

Perfume's American tour dates were released as well:

8/26: The Wiltern (LA)
8/28: The Warfield (SF)
8/31: The Vic Theatre (Chi)
9/3&4: Hammerstein Ballroom (NY)

Tbh if they're only doing these dates they could add on some European ones (yes I'm still salty about it).

Is Ayumi Hamasaki still the queen?

Who?

----

This Flower x JuJu performance is beautiful - 「やさしさで溢れるように」. I know it was reported months ago that Flower were covering the song so it's good to finally see something come of it.

----

Was watching Namie Amuro's latest tour 'LIVEGENIC' earlier and it feels a step up from her previous 2, which is weird; 24 years in the industry and still managing to put on spectacular shows is quite the feat.

Some highlight performances:

Time Has Come
Close Your Eyes Close To You
NAKED
B Who I Want 2 B (no Hatsune Miku)

Kansoku

WHAT. announced a new mini album, coming April 6th, same day as Perfume's album. Didn't see that coming. And if I understood that right they called the chouchou merged syrups drummer for the recording. I thought that girl was going to be permanent member.
http://natalie.mu/music/news/178840

Top Bottom