• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

vanty

でんぱ組.inc「STAR☆ットしちゃうぜ春だしね」MV Full

CeXLr5lUkAAAtJ4.jpg:orig

PINKY

Kurita

Apparently the full video features light sabers (well I think they're like the "neons" they use for GAME), so it gets a little crazier.

neshcom

Banned
I thought FLASH was just releasing with COSMIC EXPLORER, but it seems to be on digital stores and streaming already. The chorus is so good, but I wish the bridge was shorter. Feels like a big hole in the middle of the song.

vanty

TPE48 in Taipei, MNL48 in Manila, and BNK48 in Bangkok were announced and/or confirmed today depending on what was already known.

Aizo

Banned
I got an iTunes card worth ¥1500 during a company white elephant during Christmas, but I still haven't spent it. What's the best thing I could get for it? (Preferably something that costs exactly 1500)

back from the Multiple Tap show.

opening act was literally a pile of garbage. it was entertaining though. if you look closely, you can see Mikawa falling asleep standing up in the background.

Avandoned weren't kidding about being sold out of merch. I guess they got some real bare-bones shirts made up before the show, but that was it. I grabbed a T. Mikawa solo CDR and some stickers, but that was about it. I wanted to talk to the lady from Trash-Up!! but she seemed to be in charge of herding the idols so I left her alone. Jiro Sasaki looks alarmingly similar to Honoki from Kindan no Tasuketsu and it was tripping me out all night.

the average audience for a noizu show is apparently "me," i.e. a bunch of haggard looking 30-somethings, but that didn't stop Avandoned from completely winning the entire crowd over after like two songs. bunch of bearded, tired old farts grinning in amusement. Natsuki proclaimed she likes "Mountain Fuji." Konomi introduced Jojo as "a samurai," and they covered 好き好き大好き, which unfortunately means that 2016 is all downhill from here. Feedback Friday was like 80% feedback, to the point where the members kept missing their cues. Also they managed to get a moshpit going, apparently the "point at the crowd and twirl your finger" move transcends language barriers. pretty good. the constant struggle against microphone cables was also amusing. Natsuki pretty much wiped out at one point after hitting a tangle.

Hijokaidan played like one solid half hour of noise. I was standing directly in front of the PA and had to leave after a few minutes because it was giving me vertigo. that's a new one.

hung around for a bit to say hi to Ava, got about 5 seconds in before they were shuffled off. but shout out to Beni for already having her "ignoring the drunk guy" (not me) game down pat at age 17.

250 mile round-trip, I'm tired

Thanks for the report and the videos. It sounds like they were pretty well-received with the merch and all three shows selling out. I know they were small venues but I've seen some pretty depressing shows where only a handful of people show up to see an act that came from the other side of the world.

Aizo

Banned
Getting an error on my end. 日本の Apple Music ではご利用になれません. I just moved, so I can only use the Internet in my phone.
Otherwise, I wouldn't be tied to just opening it with the app.

Edit: Huh. Only some of them work.

Aizo

Banned
Wow. I finally found out why I couldn't buy digital music in Amazon Japan. My card was interfering, despite the fact that there was credit in my account. I had to delete my debit card info for it to let me buy something. Now, if I want to order something, I guess I'll need to buy more gift cards. So silly, considering I could order anything else, including digital manga with the same card that the music store refuses.

Slowdive

Banned
Nice write-up Stump sock, shame you didn't get to meet them properly.

Thanks for the report and the videos. It sounds like they were pretty well-received with the merch and all three shows selling out. I know they were small venues but I've seen some pretty depressing shows where only a handful of people show up to see an act that came from the other side of the world.

This is why I'm surprised Hatis is touring in addition to the Multiple Tap shows, even though they're small venues I doubt many people will see her, unfortunately.

--

BiSHライブ独占生中継「IDOLSWINDLETOURFINAL」@品川ステラボール2016年03月27日

Nice write-up Stump sock, shame you didn't get to meet them properly.

it's ok, it was mostly photo op stuff anyway and I hate being in pictures. I got to say hi.

This is why I'm surprised Hatis is touring in addition to the Multiple Tap shows, even though they're small venues I doubt many people will see her, unfortunately.

you figure that these venues hold about 200 people though, which is pretty much equivalent to the size she's used to playing to in japan. I'm actually impressed that the shows are selling out (or close to it). these are people who are going specifically to see the acts, and they're really into it (Hijokaidan had a bunch of people moshing and headbanging, which I found odd, but funny). I'd think that a small, interested crowd would be more appealing than a side stage at a festival or convention appearance. maybe that's just me.

e: dang, that BiSH thing went up fast. the dresses they're wearing in the encore RULE

Hatis has nine solo US dates though, sounds like too much to me. I really hope they do well though.

oh, I didn't catch that, that is odd. Although I did see an older video of her performing to like 10 people in france or something, so who knows.

she's performing in a bookstore in DC, which is weird and close enough that I might go

e: oh and by the way the tour had a couple of cameramen. I didn't get much in the way of details, but the one guy told me it was "for the movie" so hopefully we'll get some kind of documentary/concert thing

Sasaki sat on stage filming, there's some pretty good clips on his twitter https://twitter.com/sasaki_weekend

it was funny seeing Beni dance in person. She's not KOTO levels of insane, but it approached that at times. so much running man

Kurita

news_xlarge_DSC_5886.jpg

i hate everything.
Gotta admit, only in Japan you can have a band like this promoting Coca-Cola, I find that cool haha!

Okazaki Taiiku is a pretty cool artist if you dig somewhat funny electro like group_inou, though he has some more laid-back songs. Discovered him thanks to an awesome remix he did for Dramatic Alaska, and he recently announced his major debut with Sony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTmmyIJ6eh8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1T7GDSuqVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEejeWx8GRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tZGNTEgndY

llehuty

Perfume now on instagram

It looks really good on the phone app.

Some of the clips, OMGGG! Spoiler tagging some of them because people maybe want to open them themselves.

Clip 1:
Nochi speaking english *dies*
Clip 2:
Kashiyuka the adorablest
Clip 3:
Kashiyuka being adorable part 2
Clip 4:
Their classic intro
Clip 5:
Kashiyuka and Nochi OTP
Clip 6:
A-chan and Nochi OTP
Clip 7:
A-chan and Kashiyuka OTP and the cutest

I went through the whole thing, and DAMN, I am hyped for the album.

Top Bottom