• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

vanty

Why is Pinky so great?

Cg-o604UkAAa24c.jpg:orig

This just came out.
FAKY and FEMM and someone called Yup'in, they have an EP on iTunes with that song and three individual tracks.

Why is Pinky so great?

This just came out.
FAKY and FEMM and someone called Yup'in, they have an EP on iTunes with that song and three individual tracks.

Pinky's the best. probably the only reason I still kind of follow them.

but yooo that FAMM'IN is a heck of a weird thing

--

Chi-bo and Mone are leaving You'll Melt More

http://natalie.mu/music/news/185196

--

椎名ぴかりん / 魔界心中

it's actually not terrible?

--

Ano modelling an I Am A Hero hoodie. side note: I fucking love I Am A Hero

Haven't even listened yet, but Gackt - Last Moon is up on Spotify already!

Listened to it all, love it!

A bit surprised to see "RETURNER ~Yami no Shuuen~" on there. Didn't that single release in...2007ish? Well, not complaining, I like the song. And I figure it fits into his MOON story if it's on here.

Kurita

If you want to be a good person and help Kumamoto after the earthquake, you can buy a song by Noda (from RADWIMPS) and Taka (ONE OK ROCK).
It's a cover of RADWIMPS's バイ・マイ・サイ.
Having the Kumamoto earthquake, I've been thinking what I can do and we decide to hold an donation campaign with our track. We'd like to distribute the track and deliver all the sales to affected area. If you can join this project it would be appreciated. I sang the track called 'by my side' with Taka. Thank you Taka for accepting my will. I hope the day in peace will come soon to the victims of this disaster. Please refer special website for more information. Yojiro

https://fannect.jp/itoshiki/

yeah, that's kind of where I am too. the super devoted fandom is kind of baffling to me.

but I'll see them in like two weeks or so. fortunately some friends are tagging along so if there's annoying stuff happening around me it'll be easier to ignore. the show itself should be pretty good I assume.

Peru

Obviously they wouldn't have caught on to this extent globally if they didn't have an obvious star in their frontwoman, a real stage presence. They also have a look of their own so they get people into it for their 'aesthetic' like with Kyary - a surefire way to build loyal, invested young fans. So yeah they've built up their success on their live shows, but there are some great pop melodies too. "Ijime, datte, zettai" was a classic. Their new album is really solid.

vanty

Unfortunately GOGO Dempa is not so solid. I've just had a first listen through and it was a bit underwhelming considering how much I enjoyed Dempagumi.inc's first two albums especially World Wide Dempa. Ahh they're still fun and BiSH are killing it so it's alright.

I'll go through it again tomorrow while I'm driving and hopefully it leaves a better impression.

Unfortunately GOGO Dempa is not so solid. I've just had a first listen through and it was a bit underwhelming considering how much I enjoyed Dempagumi.inc's first two albums especially World Wide Dempa.

I was really unimpressed by it but I think it's less that it's bad and more that I'm just tired of their sound, which they haven't changed at all.

Love Live.

Well damn, after a quick youtube they seem pretty popular.

--

Flower's new single releasing June 1st -「やさしさで溢れるように」

news_xlarge_Flower_jkt201606_nor.jpg
news_xlarge_Flower_jkt201606_lim2.jpg

01. やさしさで溢れるように
02. 紫陽花カレイドスコープ
03. 太陽と向日葵(version2016)
04. 秋風のアンサー(version2016)

lol at (version 2016) because members keep leaving. The next album is basically going to be a solo album for Reina.

Jintor

gonna go see shishamo live tommorrow. still haven't listened to their third album.

same for charisma dot com who I see next week. haven't actually listened to anything except the single yet

Mariko Goto's latest idol song, by Love Android.
That wotagei god.

Mtopi now has a song produced by Kissa Sasaki (KOTO, Recoride).

Saw Miku in SF yesterday and it was awesome.

I skipped this but SF got pretty lucky with Japanese music acts this year. I've already seen Seiho and TsuShiMaMiRe and am going to Boris tomorrow, have tickets for Perfume and Babymetal and will probably see Kyary and whoever else comes to J-pop Summit. I like a lot of the acts they book but they always feel like they're picked from some predictable "Cool Japan" list of acts the government wants to promote to the West.

I wish I would have been fortunate enough to get a ticket to Babymetal here in SF. Those tickets are going for insane prices now. They moved the date around for the tickets just like they did for Perfume. At least I got tickets for that show.

I can't wait to see Perfume and KPP though and J-pop summit actually has some acts this year as well so it's a good year. Even though I'm in the south bay the trip up each day is totally worth it.

akileese

Saw Miku in SF yesterday and it was awesome.

I'm taking my daughter to the Dallas show and she's super excited, as am I. I think it's going to be cool as hell.

In other news, despite my wife listening to them fairly frequently...I just discovered FEMM exists and they're pretty much the top thing I'm listening to right now.

Top Bottom