• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Jintor

About to go into the shishamo live

Shishamo are big, huh?!? Like, holy shit. There's so many people here already and doors don't open for an hour or so. And this place is huge! It's a freaking convention center!

Now that I think about it, this might be the first actual huge stadium size concert I've ever been to

Kurita

About to go into the shishamo live

Shishamo are big, huh?!? Like, holy shit. There's so many people here already and doors don't open for an hour or so. And this place is huge! It's a freaking convention center!

Now that I think about it, this might be the first actual huge stadium size concert I've ever been to
They're playing at Nagoya Century Hall today right? That's not a stadium size venue :lol Just a, well, hall. A big one though, around 3000 people. Young girls doing sweet pop rock is a sure hit in Japan.
And yeah people often come in early to buy goods cause they start selling them before the show.

Jintor

Japanese audience participation is weird. It's active but not really in the same way... Well, maybe that was just this crowd

/edit my arm hurts like shit

Kurita

Japanese audience participation is weird. It's active but not really in the same way... Well, maybe that was just this crowd

/edit my arm hurts like shit
Rising just one arm is the only way
It depends on the show ofc, but overall I much prefer Japanese audiences. Not obnoxious but not dead either. Respect and fun. They're here for the music.

Live shows in France are a gamble.

step up your game jintor

tumblr_lsdbmlUnvF1qcbdug.gif

tumblr_lsdbws3yyA1qcbdug.gif

tumblr_lsdcmwkgdp1qcbdug.gif

tumblr_lsdfs233t71qcbdug.gif

tumblr_lsdfsqVMn21qcbdug.gif

Momochi, Street Fighter extraordinaire, and his girl ChocoBlanka.

edit: wtf wife? Sometimes I forget how long I've been following the scene.

Jintor

Rising just one arm is the only way
It depends on the show ofc, but overall I much prefer Japanese audiences. Not obnoxious but not dead either. Respect and fun. They're here for the music.

Live shows in France are a gamble.

They did a whole back and forth with the audience bit and I probably shouldn't have surprised to discover the largest group there were high schoolers. Then uni kids, then adults.

Surprising amount of middle schoolers and a few elementary schoolers here and there.

Kurita

They did a whole back and forth with the audience bit and I probably shouldn't have surprised to discover the largest group there were high schoolers. Then uni kids, then adults.

Surprising amount of middle schoolers and a few elementary schoolers here and there.
Well middle/high schoolers are the main audience of most popular bands yeah

I think it's funny that in the course of a year or so that Moga/Dempa and Kyary have effectively flipped positions. Kyary is now the one hanging out with the more popular girls...

Weird.

Going to make a thread when anyone more popular than her releases anything if that's thread worthy.
Hope you have a lot of free time

maybe I'll make a thread for this "new" Have a Nice Day! album because it kind of rules

or this BiSH single. is this the first of their singles with a killer b-side? is their music finally catching up to the other aspects of the group?

Bought my ticket for KPP + JPOP summit ticket! cant wait till july.
Me Too!

Got VIP for KPP for me and the lady. I didn't want to spring for the summit vip tickets since they don't even guarantee that you meet the artists. At least we'll get to meet KPP due to the premium tickets.

Also got to upgrade our tickets to Perfume to front row yay!

Now I just need a Babymetal ticket for my birthday, sadly it looks like I'll be spending a lot on that ticket since I missed out on them when they went up.

Was having a Youtube binge and reminiscing about old AKB; stages, the original Kami 7, AKBingo, request hour, Majisuka Gakuen etc

It was fun to follow them back then :(

Yup, akbingo got me into them back in the day. fell out of following them the last 2 going on 3 years but its still nostalgic. Gonna hit their theater at some point but sad I can't get my favorite members merch anymore since they already peaced out.

Hazaku

Was having a Youtube binge and reminiscing about old AKB; stages, the original Kami 7, AKBingo, request hour, Majisuka Gakuen etc

It was fun to follow them back then :(

I had a blast following them from 2010 up until like late 2012. I just couldn't keep up with all the sister groups and releases lol.

Which reminds me. Here's a video of my buddy trying not to fangirl over HKT while he was on a school trip in 2013 lmao - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aQ-z5QPjKg

I DID NOT GO ON THIS TRIP

the whole thing just got too big. too many people, too hard to have most members actually stand out, all that nonsense. I've only really cared for their tv shows and while there's probably still the same amount of good moments (or more) on a weekly basis, now it's spread across a billion shows and each one is pretty inconsistent. I feel bad for the people that try to keep up with the music too.

but then this was uploaded today and it's hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyeaBjpeJLI

if you're going to have an SKE show, might as well spend most of your time on Aya-chan

e: now there's a fox capture plan thread in OT, this place is weird lately. at least they're good

Me Too!

Got VIP for KPP for me and the lady. I didn't want to spring for the summit vip tickets since they don't even guarantee that you meet the artists. At least we'll get to meet KPP due to the premium tickets.

Also got to upgrade our tickets to Perfume to front row yay!

Now I just need a Babymetal ticket for my birthday, sadly it looks like I'll be spending a lot on that ticket since I missed out on them when they went up.

How did you upgrade your ticket? Cant seem to find it on google.
Also, that Babymetal show sold out less then a week so yea youll have to pay alot more then it cost, unless they upgrade the venue, or add another show somewhere else.

Where the hell do you find all these "experimental" idol groups stump?

mostly through twitter, see who is hanging out with/playing shows with groups I like. I also buy copies of Trash-Up!! which is a magazine pretty much dedicated to underground (mostly) female musicians/idols/artists/models

last.fm used to be fucking great for finding similar artists

and then of course some of the people in this thread who also all hang out in the same internet circles

Kansoku

mostly through twitter, see who is hanging out with/playing shows with groups I like. I also buy copies of Trash-Up!! which is a magazine pretty much dedicated to underground (mostly) female musicians/idols/artists/models

last.fm used to be fucking great for finding similar artists

and then of course some of the people in this thread who also all hang out in the same internet circles

Huh, I have to pay more attention to twitter...

And yeah, I miss last.fm ='(

he's making them himself

Would not be surprised if it was true =P

Which reminds me. Here's a video of my buddy trying not to fangirl over HKT while he was on a school trip in 2013 lmao - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aQ-z5QPjKg

I DID NOT GO ON THIS TRIP

heh they were so close, the same thing happened to a friend of mine with NMB?, I think.

e: now there's a fox capture plan thread in OT, this place is weird lately. at least they're good

wow, shocker it's a normal thread for once

--

Namie Amuro's new tour will have 88 dates from this August until March next year. If you're in Japan, go for me please.

ViciousDS

Banned
I imported 3 maximum the hormone albums last month,but Bu-ikikaesu and Yoshū Fukushū. These are some of the greatest Rock albums I have ever heard. Yoshi even came with a manga..... Can't read it but it looks interesting. Are there any other bands like these guys? There sound is so unique.

Also how do you pronounce these two albums lol

Top Bottom