• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Aizo

Banned
Whoa. I guess I'm really out of the loop. What the fuck happened to Daoko? Doesn't even seem like the same artist. It's not... a bad change? But it's so drastic. Is she the same person anymore? The changes do her physical appearance look so commercial.

Whoa. I guess I'm really out of the loop. What the fuck happened to Daoko? Doesn't even seem like the same artist. It's not... a bad change? But it's so drastic. Is she the same person anymore? The changes do her physical appearance look so commercial.

kind of makes me wonder what her actual opinion/input is or if she even cares. honestly I like the new stuff too, but how much of the early stuff was LOW HIGH WHO?'s influence, and how much was her intent?

as for the appearance, she more or less dressed like that before going major. lots of blue, lots of sportswear, lots of jewelry. that's less of a shock.

Aizo

Banned
My ex thinks she looks a bit "sexed up," and it just makes me wonder how much of that was her own intent. She used to hide her face and had like moppy hair. I don't remember her ever wearing all the makeup or clothes like that.

Anyway, the music is fine, but not exactly what I want, and her look is a been boring.

http://miss-id.jp/semifinalist/2017

it's missID 2017 time and as usual there's a small crop of underground idols/musicians in the mix.

I recognized:

Hotaru (Necronomidol) (charm point: asymmetrical eyes, lol)
Mochi (Shoujo Kakka no International)
Yuki-chan (Nature Danger Gang)
Sahiro Nakamura (Kindan no Tasuketsu) (it has her listed as Chihiro)

and someone named Noodle

e: oh, and Riko from Hauptharmonie

Yo yooooo, charisma.com killed their 30min set. KILLED IT. Most of the people hadn't heard of them before, but everyone was so into it dancing. The venue is not optimal, since it's there in the main convention room, but more people had the chance to enjoy it, so no complains.

The set was very good, with the only song a bit meh being selfie god, but the performance was funny enough (with Gonchi running around taking selfies).

After it, they took pictures with everyone that wanted to, and signed everything that you brought to them, albums, pics, anything.

We met a japanese fan that was hyper excited of finding other people with the charisma.com towel (we were a total of three, lol).

Good times. Recommended to everyone in the london area (they are performing again on Saturday and Sunday).

Sounds amazing, especially them signing anything. Thanks for the write up! if I can attend on Sunday I will. Hyper Japan is every 6 months right? I'm sure I saw it advertised for Christmas once.
-
Namie Amuro / New Single「Hero」MV -Trailer Movie / Flame Floor-

llehuty

Sounds amazing, especially them signing anything. Thanks for the write up! if I can attend on Sunday I will. Hyper Japan is every 6 months right? I'm sure I saw it advertised for Christmas once.
Yeah, there is a christmas version in November, but is in a different venue (Tobacco Dock). But this one has charisma.com!!!

Today they changed like half of the set, I didn't expect that, cool stuff. Also, fanmeet again (there was more people this time around, though).

The japanese hardcore fan reserved a seat for me in the front row and gifted me a charisma.com rubber band. COOL STUFF.

Let me know if you come. I'm going to be probably frontrowing again, Itsuka was looking at us a lot of times an nodding at us.

Jintor

Fuck I've been to two charisma lives and it still sounds like you're getting the better end of the deal

Gotta work out a way to scam them into visiting Australia at some point

llehuty

Fuck I've been to two charisma lives and it still sounds like you're getting the better end of the deal

Gotta work out a way to scam them into visiting Australia at some point
It's the perks of being less popular over here, I guess. If it was a bigger group they would never do a open meet & greet, and would be hard to get front row seats. Not that they would come to these kind of events anyway, though.

Peru

MomoClo 2nd biggest live act in Japan '16?

568120_original.jpg

they've been up there for years. Kanako is one of the highest paid celebs in the country according to some lists I've seen (but can't vouch for reliability). even when they went 3 years between albums with only a few singles they were selling out the biggest venues in the country. it's crazy.

Melchior

Is there an easy convenient way to get around the region-blocking on youtube? Can't watch some of these videos because I'm in the US

Peru

It would be cool if the non-Sumetal members could move on to rhythm guitar support for some songs. Although their actual under-utilized singing voices are surprisingly powerful.

they've been up there for years. Kanako is one of the highest paid celebs in the country according to some lists I've seen (but can't vouch for reliability). even when they went 3 years between albums with only a few singles they were selling out the biggest venues in the country. it's crazy.

Japan's too small

NekoPOP-Momoiro-Clover-Z-TransAmerica-2016-New-York-web.jpg

hah, quite. that's a good one

I still haven't listened to the new Kamattechan because I'm a bad person

--

krallice, VMO, oyasumi hologram... lol

--

hmm...

can't say i'd disapprove of Pikarin in BiS...

Kurita

Watch Daoko's new PV out of curiosity, don't really know her outside of かけてあげる, that's some good stuff.

ChryZ

Body Feels Exit happened ~20 years ago, when I visited Japan for the first time. The tune was everywhere and Namie Amuro definitely left a lasting impression. Crazy, like she doesn't aged a day.

Taking the girlfriend out tonight to see KPP. I know some might not like her but I'm super stoked to see her and we get a meet n greet. Gotta love being around SF. Between this Babymetal and Perfume this summer rocks!

Taking the girlfriend out tonight to see KPP. I know some might not like her but I'm super stoked to see her and we get a meet n greet. Gotta love being around SF. Between this Babymetal and Perfume this summer rocks!

Im also going to see KPP tonight as well, and Wednesday Campanella tomorrow ( along with the other groups that are playing at the Jpop summit)

I don't really know why but after being kind of down on the new DAOKO, I'm suddenly really into it. Some combination of just listening to the song instead of watching the PV, and letting go of what I thought her "sound" should be. And in any case it's not that different from her self-titled anyways, just more upbeat and in-your-face really.

What a show, what a show!

KPP was awesome and fully of energy. I enjoyed this show even more than Babymetal. Which is crazy, but I gotta give the girl credit she was just so damn infectious. Bummer we have to wait a few weeks for pictures to turn out from the VIP. Meeting was quick and fun and I shook her hand out of respect not knowing it wasn't a cool thing to do. She was a champ about it though.

Here's one of the better pics I took.

Aizo

Banned
Have I mentioned that I'm seeing Babymetal for free? I didn't even really have a ton of interest in going to the show when I was invited because of the price, but some stuff happened and I've ended up with a ticket. I have no qualms with that.
I get where you're coming from, but still...
I think it really was the speakers at WWW. Couldn't distinguish sounds for like 10 mins. Love that venue, though.

Have I mentioned that I'm seeing Babymetal for free? I didn't even really have a ton of interest in going to the show when I was invited because of the price, but some stuff happened and I've ended up with a ticket. I have no qualms with that.

I think it really was the speakers at WWW. Couldn't distinguish sounds for like 10 mins. Love that venue, though.

which BM show are you going to?

Also KPP was great last night, lots of energy and just plain fun.

kasane

Just curious how many here rip their cds into losless or alac. Im finally retiring my good ol ipod classic and i think i can finally go back to FLAC now. For some reason before i was too lazy to make my files alac

Kurita

Just curious how many here rip their cds into losless or alac. Im finally retiring my good ol ipod classic and i think i can finally go back to FLAC now. For some reason before i was too lazy to make my files alac
I don't hear the difference so I don't

Top Bottom