• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

BM at Fujirock. Crazy amount of people showed up to check them out.

8c8bb59b.jpg

8d41cfe0.jpg

Aizo

Banned
I saw a small college ska band tonight. Interesting to see young Japanese guys playing The Specials and stuff. Also, a Ska cover of James Bond. I vote that it should be called James Skand.

Reminds me that Streetlight Manifesto is coming over in just a couple months with that Japanese bassist I met at the jazz club last month.
which BM show are you going to?

Also KPP was great last night, lots of energy and just plain fun.
I don't remember when it is exactly or where. Next month in Tokyo? Two months from now?

LayLa

I saw a small college ska band tonight. Interesting to see young Japanese guys playing The Specials and stuff. Also, a Ska cover of James Bond. I vote that it should be called James Skand.

There was quite a few ska covers of James Bond in the 60s, Roland Alphonso in particular famously recorded the James Bond Theme and From Russia With Love
edit: just remembered that Roland also played on The Skatalites "Ringo", which bizarrely was a cover of the 50s song "Ringo Oiwake" by legendary singer Misora Hibari!

There's a crowdfunding campaign ongoing for translations of the Bellring & YMM movies, one crazy person has already paid off the Bellring side of things!

I don't remember when it is exactly or where. Next month in Tokyo? Two months from now?

Aaa you must be going to one of these shows:

Also saw Suiyoubi no Campanella at j-pop summit last night, and she was the best performance at the fest, there was alot of crowd interaction, alot of enerygy.

Also bought her UMA, Jipang and Watashi... albums.

Here is a video of her in a plastic bubble during Momotaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLDJ6QTR1DU (not mine)

Also tonight I get to see World Order!

GYODX

Any other fans of Special Others?

This is pretty much my favorite live performance of any band ever. 7:07-onwards gives me goosebumps every time.

Kurita

androp - Hana
Just bought their newly released best-of. While I think some song choices are odd (no Sensei, no RDM, no Plug In Head...) it's still a pleasure to re-discover these guys through 30 songs and they'll always be an important band to me.

Kurita

WANIMA - ともに

Cover and tracklist for CreepHyp's upcoming album
news_xlarge_creephyp_jkt201609_nomal.jpg

01. 手
02. 破花
03. アイニー
04. 僕は君の答えになりたいな
05. 鬼
06. TRUE LOVE
07. 5%
08. けだものだもの
09. キャンパスライフ
10. テレビサイズ(TV Size 2'30)
11. 誰かが吐いた唾が キラキラ輝いてる
12. 愛の点滅
13. リバーシブルー
14. バンド
Yearly top 10 material incoming

Kurita

any good lives in tokyo in the next week i could conceivably get tickets to

Shout it Out and Bentham together at Shinjuku Loft (cool venue) on the 3rd. Should be pretty damn good!

I'm seeing Bentham in october, can't wait

The first half of the lovefilm first studio album ist surprisingly upbeat. Neat debut album.
Some songs are quite telephones-ish, in a good way

-----

AAAAAAAAAH, Hosomi Takeshi read my email during his radio shoooooooooow
http://vod.bayfm.jp/play/hosomi.html
Starts at 2:47
I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Aizo

Banned
He's waiting for you. When you see him live tell him that you sent that letter. I've had very good experiences with Japanese musicians, and I'm sure you'll have some awesome stories when you're studying abroad.

My coolest thing was meeting Taku from Nothing's Carved in Stone at the hookah bar and being invited to a a show for free and meeting him backstage. He was incredibly nice to me. I'm sure you'll have even cooler things happen!

Kansoku

After having a good experience with DAOKO, I decided to give a chance to 水曜日のカンパネラ this week, even though I don't really like Rap/Hip-Hop. I went from it's okay to I LOVE THIS in a couple of days. UMA and ジパング are soooooo gooooood. I really need to give more chances to stuff...

llehuty

After having a good experience with DAOKO, I decided to give a chance to 水曜日のカンパネラ this week, even though I don't really like Rap/Hip-Hop. I went from it's okay to I LOVE THIS in a couple of days. UMA and ジパング are soooooo gooooood. I really need to give more chances to stuff...

Yeaaah, they are really good. I'm also loving the direction they are taking in their last couple of releases.

Aizo

Banned
CoqfiSPUsAA81GN.jpg:large

I found a pretty awesome record shop yesterday. I'm sure a few of you would really love this one.

They also had a huge new wave section.

Top Bottom