• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Baby Metal is starting their west coast tour this week! Anyone going to one of their shows?

Trying to find a ticket for the SF show, but haven't had much luck. Really wanted to see them for my birthday. I just didn't want to pay the crazy prices stubhub is charging for a ticket.

broz0rs

I don't think this has been posted here, but Sakura Fujiwara is becoming a rising star in both acting and as a singer. Her song "Soup" is very cute, and she's recently performed it in music programs on TV. Her style is similar to miwa, in that she's also a singer-songwriter.

Sakura Fujiwara - Soup

Had a few requests for recommendations on 48G variety shows, thought I'd compile what I think to be a good crash course/intro into some of the best moments.

Thanks for all of this #memories

--

No tour, but we're getting an exhibition.....still excited tho

Hey, LONDON!
Perfume will celebrate "COSMIC EXPLORER" vinyl and "WE ARE Perfume -WORLD TOUR 3rd DOCUMENT" Blu-ray release with an official gallery exhibition in London on 6-7, August!!!

Perfume: A Gallery Experience Supported by Rhizomatiks
Saturday 6 August, 2016 10:00 - 20:00
Sunday 7 August, 2016 10:00 - 19:00
Old Truman Brewery Shop 7
7 Dray Walk, London E1 6NJ

Advance ticket price includes an exclusive free collectors' postcard, received on entry to the venue.

Kurita

Man, UNISON SQUARE GARDEN have been on fire over the past 2 years : in its first week their new album is already their best selling release ever, which previously was their 2015 compilation. Reaaaally happy for them. I've been re-listening a lot to these guys lately in anticipation for this album, hard to find a bad song...

New Passepied
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fElP2fO2kk

Kurita

That track is decent but the other A-side from that single is a killer tune though, with that traditional Japan vibe and all. Love it to death.

Kansoku

lol and here I am, loving this much more than the other A-side. It's not ヨアケマエ, but still, really good.

Fujin Club is a group of anonymous housewives from Sado Island with really good Shibuya-kei styled music. First album out this week.

I'm probably the only fan of microstar here. They last had an album out in 2008 which I really liked so I'm looking forward to their new one. Nothing revolutionary, just really well-produced retro pop.

KONCOS - Parallel World I thought this was really good.

Baby Metal is starting their west coast tour this week! Anyone going to one of their shows?

I'll be at the SF show on Thursday. It's crazy how many Japanese acts I'll be seeing before the end of summer. Babymetal, Kyary, Suiyoubi no Campanella, Silent Siren, Garnidelia, World Order, Cornelius, Boris (for the second time this year), Perfume... I could see Wagakki Band too but I'm not really a fan. The bay area got spoiled this year.

new YMM! EP is on ototoy and it doesn't sound too hot. at all.

well, it was a good run while it lasted?

It sounds pretty great to me. Bought.

Weeeeee new Kaela album on October 19th, called PUNKY.

QKePpB8.jpg

llehuty

I was wondering if you'd come over for it! I was going to give Hyper Japan a miss this time

Hey, let me know if you are coming! I guess I will give impressions Friday night if you are on the fence. Charisma.com are quite hype, so I'm predicting positive impressions anyway. :p

T minus 24 till Babymetal in SF and guess who's going? ME what a great birthday present to get myself. Ticket prices started to drop last night finally.

Larsa

New Oomori Seiko double A-side single next month. First song is a Sakurai Kenta song and is the theme song to an anime where Seiko is also a voice actor. The second song is with Ano of You'll Melt More!

Kurita

Oh, Sakanaction's upcoming single is getting delayed, no release date yet.
Kinda wished they skipped it altogether and gave us the album already (betting on a October release)

T minus 24 till Babymetal in SF and guess who's going? ME what a great birthday present to get myself. Ticket prices started to drop last night finally.

Im going as well! I'll be taking the train from the southbay to SF

edit:Doors open at 7:30pm not 8pm as planned( just got the email)

kasane

catch you later definitely sounds like some of hosomi's older song

i cant wrap myself around it but it sounds really similar

Jintor

looking forward to carving out some time to just chill to some new songs. put buying cds on hold though cos won't have an apartment soon tho

kasane

actually the more i listen to the album the more i fucking love it. Now that im listening on a proper set up and with a proper state of mind

Kurita

yeah my favorite the hiatus album so far. Pretty disappointed there isnt even 1 track in japanese though

Yeah... But the last two Hiatus albums didn't have any so heh, I'm not holding my breath anymore.

EDIT : the HIATUS just released a beautiful PV for Clone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9aLBoHFeOQ

----
Brahman x Dempa LMAO. Sometimes I wish I liked Dempagumi Inc just because they do shows with my favorite bands

llehuty

I was wondering if you'd come over for it! I was going to give Hyper Japan a miss this time
Yo yooooo, charisma.com killed their 30min set. KILLED IT. Most of the people hadn't heard of them before, but everyone was so into it dancing. The venue is not optimal, since it's there in the main convention room, but more people had the chance to enjoy it, so no complains.

The set was very good, with the only song a bit meh being selfie god, but the performance was funny enough (with Gonchi running around taking selfies).

After it, they took pictures with everyone that wanted to, and signed everything that you brought to them, albums, pics, anything.

We met a japanese fan that was hyper excited of finding other people with the charisma.com towel (we were a total of three, lol).

Good times. Recommended to everyone in the london area (they are performing again on Saturday and Sunday).

Kurita

Cover for CreepHyp's upcoming single, Oni

They also announced the name of their new album, 世界観 (Sekaikan, which is the stage name of the frontman). 14 songs but no more details yet aside from the already revealed September 7 release date. Glad it has a lot of songs cause they've already released 3 singles, 1 more in August.

Radio rips of their new songs Oni and Aini
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg15XcRRvVY (used as the theme song for the drama Soshite Dare mo Inakunatta)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgszMmTqBpY (used as theme song for Kyoukai no Rinne)

Can't wait for the album, one of the greatest bands of the past few years. Their 2014 album was freaking amazing but the latest singles have been incredible so it might be topped.

Top Bottom