• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Aizo

Banned
Best news of the day: Nayuta is back! She's even had a twitter account for over a month and nobody told me. Unfortunately the new CD-R mini album is only being sold at Nakano Ropeway at the moment
This is supposed to be Broadway, yeah? Autocorrect? What shop is it at.
Fuck me, HaKU is dissbanding.

First The Flickers now HaKU.

All my these bands, disheartening one after the other just breaking my heart.
Awh, shit, no!!! I was humming HaKU all day yesterday and thinking that I should go see them play live again, because they were great the first time.

ChryZ

If I could buy one Purfume album and one only what should it be
GAME, for me.

ポリリズム, シークレットシークレット, GAME, チョコレイト・ディスコ, Take Me Take Me, etc sogood.jpg

faridmon

Awh, shit, no!!! I was humming HaKU all day yesterday and thinking that I should go see them play live again, because they were great the first time.

They are doing ''Last'' live performances in 3 location and they all seem to be sold out.

Pity.

Why y'all discovering right now that HaKU are disbanding, it's old news!

I checked their website out after listening to their compilation album which just came out and it was then when I found out. I can't read Japanese so its hard for me to get info out there.

Kurita

Details about the new 04 Limited Sazabys album, Eureka. Release date is September 14
CpkmdA8UIAAA8QB.jpg:orig

CpkmdAyVMAE8hGB.jpg:orig
CpkmdA2UIAAOtKS.jpg

01.Horizon
02.Feel
03.drops
04.Warp
05.paradise
06.climb
07.Night on
08.mahoroba
09.discord
10.Telepathy
11.Letter
12.eureka

the store is called Nakano Ropeway and it's off Nakano Broadway. apparently it's a general store for "cute things," which I guess would be on brand here.

Address : Nakano Broadway, 5-52-15, Nakano, Nakano-ku, Tokyo
Nearest Station : Nakano
URL : http://www.nakanoropeway.com/

TGU even has an article about it. Looks like when you google image search 中野ロープウェイ the first thing to come up are pictures of Ano in the store. No surprise there.

neshcom

Banned
Don't. Buy all of them from Complete Best through JPN and you'll understand the scope of their genius.

This. Or get the Love the World compilation. Perfume albums are fine and there are some good album tracks, but even GAME suffers from long, uneventful filler. Plus, maybe the only album-mix versions I've enjoyed were Glitter and Spending All My Time.

Kurita

This. Or get the Love the World compilation. Perfume albums are fine and there are some good album tracks, but even GAME suffers from long, uneventful filler. Plus, maybe the only album-mix versions I've enjoyed were Glitter Spending All My Time.

Glitter and Laser Beam are the GOAT album mixes. The other ones are either nothing special or butcher the original song (Spring of Life and Magic of Love)
I also really liked Cling Cling's album mix

Kurita

We're talking shit about Triangle? The album with Night Flight? How can that be a 6/10! I like this album more than Game tbf

because Triangle has a handful of killer songs and is padded with some of the most generic stuff of their career (until Cosmic Explorer)

I'll agree that GAME has some downtime but none of it is bad imo.
Except maybe Chocolate Disco

Peru

On certain days Triangle is their best album. Has a lot of 'best of its kind' songs from their discography. "Edge" is their best big club banger by far and probably best live experience I've ever had with a single song.

Kurita

Only song I'm not a fan of on Triangle is The best thing. Aside from that it's fantastic.
Kiss and Music, Night Flight, Dream Fighter, Edge, Negai, One Room Disco... sogood.gif

neshcom

Banned
Take Me Take Me and Butterfly just slog on and on. I was thinking GAME had the album version of edge, which is a major plus in my book for being 8+ minutes, but duh, that's on Triangle--being Triangle-mix and all. Yeah, I think studio album-wise, Triangle is a super solid choice, but I can dig JPN too.

Talking of Perfume their exhibition was cute, not as great as the one in Japan (obvs) but it was nice to see the outfits IRL. Being able to hold the Electro World and Polyrhythm singles in hand was like a religious experience

I was about to ask the same but best concert Bluray to buy.

Performing hit after hit. I'd say if you're new to Perfume this is a great place to start too.

Aizo

Banned
Advise me, then, Jmusicgaf. Get me on Twitter more. Who all should I be following?

The kind of information you guys know, like who is producing any given song on an upcoming album, or contributing guest musicians always surprises me. I just listen to the music, go to the shows, and meet the musicians. I don't really know much beyond that. I would like to, though.

Kurita

Advise me, then, Jmusicgaf. Get me on Twitter more. Who all should I be following?

The kind of information you guys know, like who is producing any given song on an upcoming album, or contributing guest musicians always surprises me. I just listen to the music, go to the shows, and meet the musicians. I don't really know much beyond that. I would like to, though.
Natalie and ro69 are already a good start

Aside from that well I follow members and official band accounts

yeah I just follow artists I like, usually twitter is the first place they'll post news/new releases and so on. it helps if you use tweetdeck or some other external twitter software because you can filter posts in the event you find yourself following someone who posts 200 rambling tweets a day.

I don't know, you end up scrolling through a lot of junk to get to fun things so it's hard to recommend unless you're a bit of a weirdo.

Kansoku

I just go to natalie.mu and follow the bands I like on Twitter/Facebook as well. Most of what they post is show stuff, with some normal life stuff once in a while. Also, you can expect a lot of Tower Records photos.

faridmon

I don't know about twitter, since I don't use that platform, but i find following Japanese bands on Facebook rather mundane. Literally there is no personality about their Facebook pages. Alot of western indie bands post little things here and there and make funny posts, but the Japanese ones are just pure PR machines.

I wonder if it depends on the music industry over there.

for news, I just follow western blogggers such as Sparkplugged and MakeBelieve melodies for news. Oh and Spincoaster!

Kurita

I don't know about twitter, since I don't use that platform, but i find following Japanese bands on Facebook rather mundane. Literally there is no personality about their Facebook pages. Alot of western indie bands post little things here and there and make funny posts, but the Japanese ones are just pure PR machines.

I wonder if it depends on the music industry over there.

for news, I just follow western blogggers such as Sparkplugged and MakeBelieve melodies for news. Oh and Spincoaster!
Twitter and Instagram is where the funny stuff is. Following artists and band members's individual accounts leads to countless hours of entertainment.

Facebook isn't that popular in Japan so they don't really bother with it. A lot of bands I love don't even have a Facebook page.

Kansoku

LITE and mouse on the keys are doing a split single, they will each cover a song from the other (motk will do Echolocation and LITE 最後の晩餐) + a new song.

Really want to see mouse on the keys take.

Aizo

Banned
HaKU will be live streaming their show
HaKUは6月に解散を発表し、現在最後の東名阪ツアー「HaKU Last Tour『最後まで踊れ。』」を実施中。番組では当日のライブの様子を生配信するほか、開演前にはHaKUのミュージックビデオを一挙オンエアする。

ニコニコ生放送「“HaKU Last Tour” -最後まで踊れ。-独占生中継」

配信日時:2016年8月18日(木)17:30~
配信URL:http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv271907563
※17:30~19:00はミュージックビデオを一挙放送。

It'll be on August 18th, starting at 5:30pm (JP). Never watched one of these. It's free?

Kurita

The Mirraz to release their first best-of album as well as a new mini-album on October 5th! I'm ok with the song choices but it's almost only songs that got a music video, so some sleeper hits like CLove Game or 最高の人生 aren't included.
『BEST! BEST! BEST!』
[disk1]
1.CANのジャケットのモンスターみたいのが現れて世界壊しちゃえばいい
2.レディース&ジェントルメン
3.シスター
4..WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5.僕はスーパーマン
6.check it out! check it out! check it out! check it out!
7.Let's Go!
8.イフタム! ヤー! シムシム!
9.神になれたら
10.5.5.5st
11.ゾンゾンゾンビーズ
12.ミラーボールが回りだしたら
13.Top of the fuck'n world
14.ハッピーアイスクリーム
15.ふぁっきゅー
16.君の料理(レシピNo.2027)
17.ただいま、おかえり
18.いつまでたってもイスタンブール
19.Make Some Noizeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
20.あーあ

[disk2]
1.We are the fuck'n World
2.ソシタラ ~人気名前ランキング2009、愛という名前は64位です~
3.観覧車に乗る君が夜景に照らされてるうちは (Single ver)
4.ラストナンバー (Single ver)
5.i want u
6.僕らは
7.気持ち悪りぃ
8.うるせー
9.スーパーフレア
10.真夏の屯田兵 ~yeah! yeah! yeah!~
11.NEW WORLD
12.この惑星のすべて
13.プロタゴニストの一日は
14.世界一キレイなもの
15.SUSHI A GO! GO! GO!
16.レイトショーデートしよう
17.マジか。そう来たか、やっぱそう来ますよね。
はいはい、ですよね、知ってます。
18.つーか、っつーか
19.VAM! VAM! VAMPIRE!
20.まざーふぁっかー!!!
『そして、愛してる E.P.』
1.そして、愛してる
2.再勇気
3.最後の夢
4.ハイエナ
5.愛はあった。そう、きっと。
6.そんでそんでさぁ

New mini-album by Kidori Kidori also on October 5th.

Kurita

Blocked :( (I know what the song sounds like and it's great but y'know, I want the video!)

[Alexandros] to release their second major album, EXIST!, on November 9th! Should be the last big album of the year for me. Girl A, NEW WALL and Swan are killer singles so I hope the album will live up to my expectations. Not that they ever disappoint anyway.

Speaking of [Alexandros], here's Satoyasu fucking around with a whatever46 member during Music Station
https://twitter.com/ROCK69bot/status/764422114732498944

broz0rs

I only know SMAP for sounding bad singing other peoples songs and one of them being funny on a variety show.

I think they sound bad singing their own songs too lol. Especially Nakai, who sounds as if he smokes two packs a day. I don't think I've ever liked any of their songs, but their presence in the Japanese entertainment industry as a whole is just unparalleled.

Top Bottom