• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

Slowdive

Banned
Ringo's Chichinpuipui was used in the handover ceremony, pretty cool.

Edit: She has two new songs out now, 13 jours au Japon ~2O2O日本の夏~ and ジユーダム.

broz0rs

Heard 2 Radio Fish songs (Perfect Human and Golden Tower) and they both sound like PSY songs (Gangnam Style and Daddy)

they debuted "Perfect Human" on a manzai (stand-up comedy) show and after the performance the senior comedians were like "what the f are you doing?" lol

thefro

Ringo's Chichinpuipui was used in the handover ceremony, pretty cool.

Edit: She has two new songs out now, 13 jours au Japon ~2O2O日本の夏~ and ジユーダム.

You could see the influence of Daito and Mikiko in that closing ceremony. A shame Perfume wasn't there.

Ringo and Mikiko were both on the committee that produced the segment (and presumably would have been the main creative forces), so that makes sense

Kurita

YEEEEEEEES
My Hair is Bad to release their second full album on October 19th! It's called woman's.
New promo pic.
news_header_MyHairisBad_art201608.jpg

Can't freaking wait

Especia-va-bien closed shop a few weeks ago and I'm still kind of down about it. Where else will I go to hear about that vaporwave idol group that's now not really vaporwave and maybe not idols but still kind of a group? I hope it wasn't because of backlash to the cultural appropriation critique, because I actually thought that was kind of valid even though I love the group.

The Mirage EP's surprisingly growing on me. It's maybe not the best "comeback" move for Especia (though seriously, it's weird calling it a comeback, the last album was SIX MONTHS AGO) but if there's more like Savior and Helix in store, preferably not in awkward English phrasing, I'm on board.

yeah it's a bit of a bummer but I'm not too surprised. their new stuff isn't doing too much for me either. especially not after vincenzogrubb- recommended microstar's new album is doing a killer job of filling my retro citypop/shibuya kei needs.

evanmisha

Line Music just added a bunch of albums from TRICERATOPS. Definitely check out King of the Jungle (though I'd say LICKS & ROCKS, which was already up, is their best album). They're one of my favorites and their whole discography is gold

Kurita

Bought it yesterday, it's great

Line Music just added a bunch of albums from TRICERATOPS. Definitely check out King of the Jungle (though I'd say LICKS & ROCKS, which was already up, is their best album). They're one of my favorites and their whole discography is gold

Can't go wrong with them. Even their latest album (was it in 2014 or 2015) was quite good imo

ikuze

Does anyone know where I can still buy 水曜日のカンパネラ's vinyl "Jugem' Je T'aime"?
Somehow this release totally went over my head and now I can't find it anymore. Even the local MediaMarkt sold it but now it's gone everywhere... :(

llehuty

Does anyone know where I can still buy 水曜日のカンパネラ's vinyl "Jugem' Je T'aime"?
Somehow this release totally went over my head and now I can't find it anymore. Even the local MediaMarkt sold it but now it's gone everywhere... :(
I think it had a VERY limited run (700 copies?).

One friend told me it was available at Amuse France stand in Japan Expo this year in Paris. I don't think they have an online store, so no idea how you could check if they still ha e stock.

I know you are probably no interested on the digital copy, but let me know if that's the case.

ニーチェとの戯曲 is so good. I want to see if Shidare can pull off those screams live, but I can't find any actual live performances.

ikuze

I think it had a VERY limited run (700 copies?).

One friend told me it was available at Amuse France stand in Japan Expo this year in Paris. I don't think they have an online store, so no idea how you could check if they still ha e stock.

I know you are probably no interested on the digital copy, but let me know if that's the case.

Thanks to both of you. You are giving me some hope xD
I will try my luck with these two :)

Maybe I will be interested in the digital Version at a later point. Thanks for the offer, I will keep that in mind!

Rinne Yoshida is putting out a rap mini-album that will guest star Younapi and Pikarin.

her most recent hip hop song didn't really blow the doors off but it's still probably worth keeping an eye on. apparently Rhymeberry's old producer is involved.

--

BILLIE IDLE news: Yasui is officially out and Momo's younger sister Akira has joined in her place. They have a new album called 「bi bi bi bi bi」coming out in november.

--

Lurkette translated Ayuni D's first interview

I, uh, think I'm already a fan. She needs to can the "I'm not cute" act though.

and Lingling acting like big sister/mom to her is the best.

--What qualifications do you have?
Ayuni: Grade 2 Management of 4 types of Hazardous Materials, so I'm qualified to handle gasoline and other flammable liquids, it's called "2nd 4." It's difficult. More than half the people who apply for it fail.

--So how do you want to be as a member of BiSH?
Ayuni: I want to be weird.

Kurita

フレデリック to release their first full album, フレデリズム, on October 19th! Same day as My Hair is Bad's new album, damn.

Aizo

Banned

so that's the announcement VB's been hyping. I wasn't expecting it to actually be an awesome announcement. can't wait.
I'm excited to hear them on recording. Alternatively, I'd love to hear them at a venue with more space and better equipment. Literally couldn't distinguish sounds for most of their songs when I saw them live. Whoever was doing the live sound mixing may have been fucking up, because it was just muddy. It was also sooooo loud. I couldn't have heard a person yelling in my ear over it.

Still, the show was cool, and their creepy makeup and introductions were badass. Looking forward to it. Is it all members from Vampillia? Sure looked like it.

Edit: It explains in the video description what exactly VMO is. So, yeah, Vampillia plays the instruments, Pete Swanson does the electronics (somewhat vague), and Extreme Precautions does the synth, mixing, and beat making.James Plotkin does mastering, and Metastazis does the artwork. Quite the team.

Here's Metastazis' Nachtmystium album cover.Seems suiting.
6ef2eb41ec79f682d7b5f3bacdc05d63.jpg

ちなみに現在もっともライブハウス、クラブで電力を喰うユニット。VMOの総電力量は、4500W。わかりやすく言うとアンプ56台分。
And I guess right now (do they just mean in Japan? I'm guessing so), they say that they use more electricity than any other livehouse or club performance: it clocks in at 4500W or 56amps. I was just reading the Japanese description, because the English one was translated poorly.

Kurita

New Kinoko Teikoku album on November 2nd!
Waiting to see who the guests for their two Tokyo shows will be before grabbing a ticket.

Top Bottom