• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

lute are publishing a short drama online called Tokyo Virgin. directed by Elizabeth Miyaji and will have appearances by AkkoGorilla and Have a Nice Day among others, and a theme song by Creepy Nuts. trailer.

It was announced when the announced the album. In any case *europeasant tears*

:( I'm excited for some fancams of the new songs though.

Perfume's World Tour 3rd is available to stream online - http://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/music-live/...mc2s9N0F5NDVqZXEwTFJzcFZOa1RkWG1yc3E1eVFNLQ==

-------

LDH news for anyone that cares.

Happiness is finally releasing their first album "GIRLZ N' EFFECT" and embarking on a tour

Flower will tour again to support their best of album "Flower Theater 2016
~ THIS IS Flower ~"

Fujii sisters from E-Girls (Happiness & Flower) will form a duo unit 'ShuuKaRen'. This is Shuuka's first time singing so maybe she can become Flower's 2nd vocalist? - http://www.shuukaren-ldh.com/

Crystal Kay - Lovin' You PV (boring)

-------

Utada who? Itano Tomomi is releasing her 2nd album and live DVD!

11/2 - Second album
11/9 - Asia Tour DVD and Bluray

tumblr_m73v4r4Q2V1qlbj8uo2_250.gif

Larsa

http://kiminosei.com/wec/
New kickass Zenbu Kimi no Sei da song with Shidare from Yukueshirezutsurezure available for two hours. It's by syva so you know it's a good one. He did ShitEndプラシーボ and うぇゆうぇゆうぉっ〜ヒネクレノタリ〜 and three of the six tracks on the Yukueshirezutsurezure ep.
Song should still be here after the two hours.

Shida is great and that's a good song. who do we have to bribe to get syva to write all of Kimi no Sei and Yukueshirezutsurezure's music?

also I'd like to see whatever this is. DEEP GIRL x Maison Book Girl x NamaUdon x people I sort of recognize x VR laser guns?

KanameYuuki

[MV] REOL - ギミアブレスタッナウ/ Give me a break Stop now

New album Σ is out october 19, their first with the official name of REOL. Super excited for this, Giga and Reol owns and their previous collaborations and album No Title- are fantastic.
Also Toy's Factory is responsible for another artist face reveal :p (same label as Daoko)

So exited for their new collaboration, How I wish ろん and ClariS would reveal their faces too.

jbug617

Banned
Not sure if want. We'll see... I mean, Anti-Hero is a dope song and it's all in English so who knows! If it's just mediocre songs like Mr. Heartache then heeeeeeeeeh

I think they are translating some of their Japanese songs to English for the album.

Peru

It's your weekly philosophy hour with NMB48's Sutou Ririka aka Riripon

I want to study on the problem of “living well”, but I was caught up by the irrationality of life. At the beginning of lives, human beings are unreasonably thrown into this world, and in the end, they die desperately without a choice.

But, as there’s nothing outside our lives, the fact that “here we live” by itself is exactly the indescribable ultimate thing. The basic of the basic of the basic of everything, ends here. And in order to take advantage of this big miracle, I feel like I should think about my life in my own way, and live “well”.

Peru

Well it's just part of a conversation she has, not a processed idea. One conversation per chapter. It's a pretty funny read altogether, like when she gossips about Heidegger's love life.

Cosmozone

I stumbled on this on Reddit in a completely different context. If you're into metal even only a little, check out this Japanese band MergingMoon. It's fucking awesome (and extreme). Apparently the one girl on the band does all the vocals.

MergingMoon - Greyen

Sorry for slightly off-topic. I'll also post it on the metal thread. If you don't like metal, please ignore.

Edit: Thanks, MezzoForte. BTW that all vocals thing can't be true, I probably confused the example with another song, but she does the demanding stuff.

Nor501

Hey everyone! I need help from anyone that is real familiar with The Pillows. I've been a fan of Japanese music for 11 years now and never really liked The Pillows but I recently fell in love with their songs "Scarecrow" and "Ame Agari ni Mita Maboroshi" and want to find more of their songs like these two. Do they have other songs just like those two?

bluethree

Any japanese hip hop music out there that's any good? I recently picked up a CD from a girl group called halcali, it's pretty good for what it is even though it's the complete opposite of any US hip hop I'd listen to. And I second the above poster's question, I've always liked the FLCL soundtrack but never really knew where to start with the pillows, especially since they have so much material released.

Kurita

Any japanese hip hop music out there that's any good? I recently picked up a CD from a girl group called halcali, it's pretty good for what it is even though it's the complete opposite of any US hip hop I'd listen to.
Try Creepy Nuts, Suchmos, Sanabagun, Kohh, Tamaki Roy, Gomess

Larsa

So nowisee's first album is pretty fantastic. I listened to it first without knowing anything about it, but it turns out there's a pretty intriguing concept behind it. Just gonna copy this translated description of it:
nowisee (ノイズ) started at 8:08:08 on the 8th day of the 8th month.
nowisee (ノイズ) is a cross-content project that weaves together video and story with a focus on music. The theme is asking young people alive in the modern world to ‘question the meaning of life.’ Our site opened at 8:08:08 on the 8th day of the 8th month with the introduction video and ‘Vibration’ music video (#1/24). These are the first of 24 new music videos to be released on the 8th of every month.

So the eight day of every month a new song with an accompanying animated video is released. The album that was just released contains the first year of releases (12 + 2 bonus songs). The fiction seems quite extensive with an app containing the music videos, a novel released in chunks, multiple comics, and three different tiers of subscriptions.

nowisee introduction movie

I watched all of the released videos and I still don't really know what it's about to be honest, but at least it has some pretty nice character designs. I'm pretty sure there's a girl with memory loss named Ai who wakes up in a different world and is looking for a girl named Yuu (yeah...). There's plenty of sad faces, abundant allusions to suicide and lots of trippy flying space whales.

Regardless of your interest level in all the extra stuff, the music is absolutely worth checking out by itself. It's really nicely produced pop music with beautifully emotional vocals.

nowisee『バイブレーション』#01/24
nowisee『ハードボイルド』#02/24

Kurita

Heard 2 Radio Fish songs (Perfect Human and Golden Tower) and they both sound like PSY songs (Gangnam Style and Daddy)
Perfect Human is supposed to be a parody of Gangnam Style
They're a gag band created by an owarai duo anyway so don't expect something amazing :p

Top Bottom