• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

I love this glorious mess of a song that refuses to acknowledge that the concept of tastefulness even exists.

matsukuma4.jpg

llehuty

I was trying to find a mirror of Perfume's last performance, and found this clip with a short interview before it. I don't know japanese, but by that shot of the grid with the perfume logo, I think it was indeed live rendering. The camera movement is also a bit erratic.

Maybe the ones that speak japanese can clarify what they are talking about?

fonz

Neo Member
Uipon introduces Akira Momose.

CtHsIiWUMAEO4d3.jpg

@FirstSummerUika: とっても腰が低くて謙虚で形容しがたい挙動が多い、モモセの妹でもある新メンバーのアキラをみなさんどうぞよろしくお願いいたします❤️✨ https://t.co/Un5TSiHvpe

マジックアワー / lyrical school

solid improvement over that last dud of a single.

--

BiSHキャノンボール2016 Episode 4

--

SiS official stage names:

Uika - Chin Mirei
Nozomu - Kanaboon
Yufu - Sion Sono
Michihayashi - Coco Chanel

Speaking of, I got around to watching the SiS live I posted earlier, and Uika/Chin literally says that Watanabe's dick is so small it'd fit in the hole of a CD (「渡辺さんのちんこはCD何入るらしい」). Watanabe shaved his head. I can't confirm these are related.

fonz

Neo Member
--

SiS official stage names:

Uika - Chin Mirei
Nozomu - Kanaboon
Yufu - Sion Sono
Michihayashi - Coco Chanel

Speaking of, I got around to watching the SiS live I posted earlier, and Uika/Chin literally says that Watanabe's dick is so small it'd fit in the hole of a CD (「渡辺さんのちんこはCD何入るらしい」). Watanabe shaved his head. I can't confirm these are related.

Dear Lord, Forgive Me because right now I find SiS more interesting that the new BiS. SiS rehearsing;

SiS(仮) 練習動画

I'm still dying over this, I assumed that whole stunt (and playing PPCC after saying they were told not to) was just showbiz wink/nudge but I guess maybe not

I almost don't care that they imploded if that's the way they went out, that's legendary

--

anyway... エレクトリックリボン「アイライン」MUSIC VIDEO

--

Hauptharmonie live dvd coming out. at least partially performed with a live band, looks cool.

Aizo

Banned
https://twitter.com/SiSidolOFFICIAL
I've got some bad news friends :( Looks like it's the end of SiS already.
This has got be some kind of record.

"理由は結成責任者である清水がグループ活動に対して重大な背任行為を行った為、スタッフ間の話し合いの結果、今回の結論に達しました。"
Well, that doesn't sound good at all. What's that relate to?

"理由は結成責任者である清水がグループ活動に対して重大な背任行為を行った為、スタッフ間の話し合いの結果、今回の結論に達しました。"
Well, that doesn't sound good at all. What's that relate to?

see my posts above. short story is that the group was made up of failed BiS audition-ers and at their first live show they made fun of BiS' manager's micropenis and played a BiS song despite being told not to.

still semi-on-the-fence as to whether this is a work or serious but either way it's hilarious to me.

--

so is GOMESS the new person every musician in tokyo is hanging out with or what

--

Pinky chopped off her hair to look like a 黒髪 version of her BFF

Hmm. I'm thinking it's likely a stunt. Like "SiS" is disbanding but at some point soon they'll come back with their real name. I guess we'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jor5Bdd5Ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIoJVdLZpt4
Yuichi Nagao's music is pretty magical and I've been listening to it a lot recently. I'd love to play the hypothetical JRPG that it would be the soundtrack to. He produced La Summer Planetes by Kouteca2 which was my favorite from that EP. I hope he has another song or two on their last album. (still too devastated about that to care too much about the SiS news, true or not)

I also really like the new Electric Ribbon.

Kurita

All those posts in the OT Utada thread but them guys don't post over here?. Was the Kingdom Hearts reach that big?

I mean it's the case with a lot of tie-ups. People just listen casually to that one artist just because of one song. Same with anime fans who just listen to OP/ED songs.

fonz

Neo Member
Coco's great, she's become one of my favorites of both groups. she's funny, good at speaking, and is one of the best singers. and she's sassy. And if they're not shackled to Matsukuma, their music might end up being more interesting? hard to tell this early.

Agree, Matsukuma should go on vacation, travel the world, get some rest... Anyway, let´s wait and see what happens.

That SiS disbanding stunt is so Good Ol´ BiS that I´m starting to BELIEVE.

Kuronkeo no Yuutsu salutes stump sock in their new mv. The song is great,

消えない / 黒猫の憂鬱

lol thanks for reminding me. I had that set aside for when I could capture a gif.

better quality

actually I think to date, Kuriko is the only person who's acknowledged themselves being part of my dumb hobby.

--

so Sasaki actually performs with Asimov is Magician. that situation is so weird, but the mini album is so good. In a weird way, her getting kicked out of Avandoned has almost been a net positive...

Negoto started their VEVO channel on youtube, FINALLY their stuff is available here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/NegotoVEVO/videos

Hurray! Limited selection, but it's great to not have to rely on jpopsuki anymore for (some) videos.

Completely random and borderline off-topic, someone randomly posted this Taeko Ohnuki album from the 70s on my Twitter and now I can't stop listening, please send help in the form of a yacht with Christopher Cross and Lionel Ritchie on it.

Ratrat

All those posts in the OT Utada thread but them guys don't post over here?. Was the Kingdom Hearts reach that big?
I lurk this thread quite often but generally only listen to Utada and サカナクション as far as Japanese music.
Utada just transcends the jpop label.
Kingdom Hearts + 2 English language albums certainly help.

data

Wait, after reading the youtube comments of a ゲスの極み乙女 song, apparently one of them did something wrong? Could someone tell me what happened?

Kurita

Wait, after reading the youtube comments of a ゲスの極み乙女 song, apparently one of them did something wrong? Could someone tell me what happened?

Lead singer had an affair with a famous entertainer.
Which is none of our business tbf, but I guess people really care about what celebrities do with their dicks and vaginas.

data

Lead singer had an affair with a famous entertainer.
Which is none of our business tbf, but I guess people really care about what celebrities do with their dicks and vaginas.

-__________________________-

this is why people are spamming the dislike button on their videos? the way people worded I thought he was together with an underage girl or beat his girlfriend up

Aizo

Banned
So many Japanese people I meet tell me they don't like indigo la end or ゲス乙女 because of that. I'm like... yeah, it's a shitty thing to do, but it's not super related to the music (except the romantic indigo la end lyrics, which I couldn't take seriously after the event, but eh).

Jintor

my amazon.jp order/box of book off finds finally arrived.

Tiki Tiki - Jazztronik
My Favourite Reverb - Lemon's Chair
Citrus - Asobi Seksu
Supercar A and B Singles Collection

...now I just need to find a CD player

Kurita

my amazon.jp order/box of book off finds finally arrived.

Tiki Tiki - Jazztronik
My Favourite Reverb - Lemon's Chair
Citrus - Asobi Seksu
Supercar A and B Singles Collection

...now I just need to find a CD player

Nice.

So many exciting new albums are coming before the end of the year, I wanted to buy some older CDs (mostly some Flower Companyz) but guess I'll focus on the new for now.

New Happiness is actually pretty interesting (until that utter non-chorus drops).

MONO - Requiem For Hell
They are usually pretty boring but I like this.

Really neat video. Got the good ending first time. I think they will announce their major debut at their tour finale. If so I hope they made the right choice. Something like Warner's Unborde would be ideal.

llehuty

Damn, out of nowhere the new Happiness. I really like this group, quite versatile and, most of the times, at least interesting.

Damn, I dig this. Was thinking it might be a SOPHIE track until the drop. Do not all the girls sing or is this one of those "some girls sing on some songs" deals? The credits at the end didn't list everyone as a vocalist...

The first. the group has plenty of girls that just dance.

Top Bottom