• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

news_header_hauptharmonie_art20161026.jpg

In the surprise news of the day, former Yurumerumo member Mone has joined Hauptharmonie.

Details on the final Kouteca2 album.
More city names in the tracklist to be added to the imaginary world tour that will never happen.

Speaking of tapestok, the first sounds from faela have been revealed.

broz0rs

They were crying when they won. I guess this is why Hiro is stepping down from being President of LDH at the end of the year.

Iirc he's stepping down as LDH president to become president of LDH World, which will focus on markets outside of Japan such as Korea, Europe, and Americas. The timing of it rather peculiar, but there's no way a guy who built a music empire from nothing would just walk away.

Kurita

Saw Bentham live 3 days ago, it was pretty damn great. I already saw them last year during their show with Brian the Sun and セプテンバーミー, but I wasn't the fan I am today, so I was really looking forward to it.
It was the final live of their first ever one-man tour, so definitely something special to them.
Setlist was pretty much perfect, they played almost all of their songs (雨と街 live is wow...), including 夜明けのうた, which isn't on any of their CDs. I've never heard it before. Beautiful song, I hope it'll be on their next one, cause it's very touching.
The drummer also had a challenge : no alcohol during the tour, so on this day he got to drink a very expensive sake, he was super happy lol
They're such a likable band, definitely want to support them forever.

Next shows :
11/22 THE ORAL CIGARETTES
11/24 KANA-BOON
12/08 感覚ピエロ
12/11 SHISHAMO
12/15 MONOEYES

Kurita

Not going to countdown, Kurita?
Oh yeah, I forgot to put it lol, I got my ticket today actually. Going on the 29th. Timetable hasn't been announced yet but since I like pretty much 90% of the artists every year I don't care.
Being able to see Straightener, Nothing's Carved In Stone, the HIATUS, KEYTALK, 04 Limited Sazabys, My Hair is Bad, SiM, BLUE ENCOUNT... would be great tho

Doberu

I'm very new to this thread. I didn't even know it existed. Anyways. My question are there any X-Japan Vinyls out there? or some early Dir En Grey?

MIDI drums aside, this is tight.

yeah, low budget production on both the music and video aside, I really like their whole approach. their album from earlier this year was better than I was expecting. I'm glad that losing half their lineup/new members didn't really change much.

Kurita

Just watched the first episode of his new drama with Aragaki Yui, and man...Hoshino Gen's "Koi" is so catchy.
I need to start watching it.
But yeah, the song is amazing. Hoshino Gen just can't do a bad song.
The dance and the song are the new hotness in Japan right now.

wow, didn't expect a new version of what is undoubtedly my favourite song of hers (originally came out in 2013, i think?)

dope

pretty normal tactics when making a major debut, but at least the whole album isn't retreads.

what's more annoying is another cover of that damn tofubeats song, which is what, the 4th or 5th notable version at this point?

daydream

Banned
pretty normal tactics when making a major debut, but at least the whole album isn't retreads.

what's more annoying is another cover of that damn tofubeats song, which is what, the 4th or 5th notable version at this point?

well, she did also put out a version of 'suisei' 2-3 years ago so it seems like they're updating some of her recordings from those heady days of soundcloud obscurity

Priz

I'll be there Nov 17-23 so looking at events to do... many to choose from.

Trying to get a ticket to the J-Wave Live Autumn on Thursday Nov 17:
http://www.j-wave.co.jp/special/liveautumn/index.html

There is a fripSide tour date while I'm in Japan but it's long sold out:
http://nbcuni-music.com/fripside/news/hp0001/index03340000.html

I entered the lottery for the Keiko Terada house concert but did not win :(
http://show-ya.jp/post-0004072/

ayumikurikamaki has an event twice on Sunday I might attend...
http://ayumikurikamaki.com/8675

J from Luna Sea also has a tour but the only dates that were sold out were the weekend I'm there...

Some other friends I met last trip who usually play in Shimokitazawa are actually playing their first US gig while I'm in Japan...

Ayukuma always seem like fun when they're on festival streams. I don't even really listen to them but their live shows would probably be a great time.

Kurita

ヤバイTシャツ屋さん - 「あつまれ!パーティーピーポー」Music Video[メジャー版]
The concept of the music video is basically that they wasted all their major money to go film the music video in the USA so it's still crappy hahaha
Their highly anticipated major debut full album is coming this week, can't wait! Fans of wacky bands like Kyuso Nekokami should definitely check them out.

Kurita

Details about Hitorie's upcoming full album.

IKI - December 7th
CwLctkGUMAAyG3X.jpg:orig

CwLctkIVYAEtLJt.jpg:orig
Hype hype hype. リトルクライベイビー was pretty great when they played it live, so I'm expecting another great album.

Priz

Details about Hitorie's upcoming full album.
I assume that the songwriting deal wowaka signed with Sony (for the work he did with LiSA and such) is what lead to the band and I'm really happy about the outcome. He's done great music before but now can shine... hopefully they can continue to create great stuff! ^_^

Kurita

I assume that the songwriting deal wowaka signed with Sony (for the work he did with LiSA and such) is what lead to the band and I'm really happy about the outcome. He's done great music before but now can shine... hopefully they can continue to create great stuff! ^_^
The band existed before they joined Sony actually. They released their first CD in 2012 (if I'm not mistaken), and signed with Sony in 2014.

Top Bottom