• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Music (Pop, rock and all 'dat) |OT|

I guess they have kind of turned into "Hyadain's group" haven't they. To me they're more "goddammit, this is what Mizuta Mari spends her time on these days"

Kurita

Goose House covering RADWIMPS's 前前前世
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW0E_SawH2U

Meanwhile, the music video for it is still hot
IA32mpX.png

Guess no one in Japan will beat that this year lol

I got a twitter alert for this for some reason, so someone here is probably interested. Hashimoto is the center for the new Nogizaka46 single.

the actually important news is Takayama being in the front row, of course.

llehuty

charimsa.com releasing new stuff the 22nd of November:

「unPOP」

01. unPOP
02. 999
03. もや燃やして
04. 恨み積もって山となる
05. SEMI SWEET <-- I think it's an iTunes exclusive or something

Listening to Fantome today for the first time. Michi and Nijikan Dake no Vacance are so fucking good. I have no interest in any of the other songs. I just want to listen to these two for hours at a time.

I'm so into Goose house right now; just bought their compilation album. Too bad there's no youtube videos up for the actual songs however, just previews on amazon and whatnot.

Kurita

Kouhei from 04 Limited Sazabys being randomly interviewed by a variety show LMAO. It was about a dentist singing for to his patients or something, I guess he just happened to be there.
KHZutd8.png

"Watching &#26376;&#26332;&#12363;&#12425;&#22812;&#12405;&#12363;&#12375;, a member of 04 Limited Sazabys, who will soon play at the Budokan, and perform with the legendary Hi-STANDARD, was on screen as a regular dude."

Reminds me of Ace, a somewhat popular rapper right now, who appeared on &#23478;&#12289;&#12388;&#12356;&#12390;&#34892;&#12387;&#12390;&#12452;&#12452;&#12391;&#12377;&#12363;&#65311;

Kurita

My Hair is Bad - &#38899;&#27005;&#23478;&#12395;&#12394;&#12426;&#12383;&#12367;&#12390;

Speaking of My Hair is Bad, I bought their newest album. Welp, it's fantastic. Exactly what I want from a band like this. Fast-paced songs as well as more emotional ones. Sounds like a prime ELLEGARDEN album tbh. Really really good stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR0KgP7OrSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KVdWZyM6EU

Also bought &#12501;&#12524;&#12487;&#12522;&#12483;&#12463;'s first full album. 15 songs, definitely a good way to discover them cause it has a few old songs on it too. Some fresh ideas on it, I really like all the trumpets, saxophones... etc they included this time. Definitely fits their psychedelic and funky universe. Highly recommend it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjAxLbmy83E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCrwzN6eb4Q

Jintor

seriously besides buying cds off amazon jp and waiting two weeks for them to arrive and pay an extra 4000y on top of that what's the best way for me to buy digital music from outside of japan/us

Kurita

seriously besides buying cds off amazon jp and waiting two weeks for them to arrive and pay an extra 4000y on top of that what's the best way for me to buy digital music from outside of japan/us

iTunes, Amazon MP3 (you can use a foreign credit card on the Japanese store, through the Amazon Gift Card Balance), Ototoy

notice how you posted all the singles/ones that got videos

the albums are nowhere near as consistent

e: and as much as this kind of pains me to say, when it comes to sheer volume of good songs, BiSH might be in the lead, even if they've basically brute-forced their way into that position.

Peru

Having good singles doesn't mean much if your albums are mediocre

Depends. Not all artists are the same, and shouldn't be. Some work magic as singles artists, exist for the thrill of the three minute pop explosion, others come into their own on long plays.

fonz

Neo Member
Billie Idle
have
tons
of
good
songs.

Best of the post-BiS groups tbh.

Totally agree, their setlist at Music Circus was great, a three-minute pop-punk-new wave-hit after another (and they left out Be-bop... or Humanoid). And their albums are not so bad, I loved the first one, from the Matsukuma formula. The second was a bit of a letdown with at least four of five good singles. And I loved the EP. This new song is good, but the budget for this MV marks a new low on their career of low budget videos.

This Ichigo Aoba MV is gorgeous. Reminds me of early Nobuhiko Obayashi films.

This is BEAUTIFUL, thank you.

broz0rs

Having good singles doesn't mean much if your albums are mediocre

I think it's different for pop and idol acts because they focus a lot more on dance performance. There's really no point in having so many b-sides when the act will need choreography for it and will rarely get seen. This is also why I believe it takes so long for pop groups to have major concerts unlike bands that can start touring right away after an album or so. I think Johnnys are the only J-pop acts that have full albums, but then again everything Johnnys does is archaic as fuck anyway.

LayLa

I got a twitter alert for this for some reason, so someone here is probably interested. Hashimoto is the center for the new Nogizaka46 single..

As a followup to this she's graduating in Feb 2017 and sounds like she's quitting the industry.
Is this the first major Nogizaka46 graduation, can't remember one before?

Aizo

Banned
Fuck that. Soil and Pimp Sessions canceled their appearance at the show with tricot on my birthday. That's never happened to a show I was going to before. Big part of the reason why I bought the tickets :/
I still love tricot and Polysics, but it was such an amazing lineup before. I don't know scenario art nearly as well.
You probably know, and that was just a typo, but her name is Ichiko.
She's wonderful. I saw her play a small show with a Taiwanese folk artist recently. She signed my CD with a cute drawing :)

As a followup to this she's graduating in Feb 2017 and sounds like she's quitting the industry.
Is this the first major Nogizaka46 graduation, can't remember one before?

Maimai was probably the first major one. also apparently they've had 3 people named Seira graduate...

by quitting the industry does that mean she's not acting anymore either? that'd be too bad.

LayLa

Maimai was probably the first major one. also apparently they've had 3 people named Seira graduate...

by quitting the industry does that mean she's not acting anymore either? that'd be too bad.

Ah yeh forgot about Mai already lol.
Hashimoto could have a decent acting career but apparently she has some serious health problems which won't get better any time soon, poor girl.

broz0rs

Ah yeh forgot about Mai already lol.
Hashimoto could have a decent acting career but apparently she has some serious health problems which won't get better any time soon, poor girl.

Ugh.. Now I feel bad for wondering why she seems like a low energy robot model. She only seemed enthusiastic when she's talking about baseball. I wish she can have a full recovery.

Top Bottom